Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
And Dee thinking getting a youtube with 80 thousand hits being a huge hit seems so quaint now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Has anyone seen the new Charlie Day and Ice Cube (Ice T?) movie? Good?

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

drunken officeparty posted:

Has anyone seen the new Charlie Day and Ice Cube (Ice T?) movie? Good?

It was p. funny

I actually laughed out loud alone instead of just breathing out air harder when this part happened

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLVCUckxj7s

drunken officeparty fucked around with this message at 06:26 on May 13, 2017

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

null posted:

:lol::lol:

This would be an excellent fan theory.

They could even start next season with "The Gang Killed Dennis" then have him show up later on looking more hosed up than Cricket.

Earlier in the thread this was being said as fact, is all. Before it turned into discussion of some other show.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I wanna travel to the past and bring with me a bunch of tapes of the best of Frank Reynolds and show it to a fresh faced young Danny DeVito and see what happens

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Calaveron posted:

I wanna travel to the past and bring with me a bunch of tapes of the best of Frank Reynolds and show it to a fresh faced young Danny DeVito and see what happens

He was playing Louie De Palma back then so he'd probably be delighted :)

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I'm rewatching the Christmas Special and I appreciate how they filmed Kaitlin Olson's reaction upon getting an eyeful of Danny DeVito's rear end in a top hat

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

http://www.itsalways.com/season-13-delayed/

:(

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

I was going to say "we knew this after the season finale" based solely on the URL. Then I clicked the link. 2019 is quite a long way from now.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I don't think it's really anything new, it just puts a date on when the show might come back.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Cojawfee posted:

I don't think it's really anything new, it just puts a date on when the show might come back.
Was the mid-to-late 2018 comeback date something set at the time, or was it just speculation?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

get that OUT of my face posted:

Was the mid-to-late 2018 comeback date something set at the time, or was it just speculation?

Howerton said they were taking a long break which made it pretty clear they were going to be skipping 2018.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Cojawfee posted:

Howerton said they were taking a long break which made it pretty clear they were going to be skipping 2018.

At least that means it's more likely that he'll be coming back for it.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I haven't watched the latest season but is there rumblings that Dennis isn't coming back? I genuinely cannot imagine this show working if any one of the gang leaves

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

Just make up a new character, a long lost cousin or something. I'm sure Ryan Hansen isn't busy.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Country Dennis?

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Calaveron posted:

I haven't watched the latest season but is there rumblings that Dennis isn't coming back? I genuinely cannot imagine this show working if any one of the gang leaves

Howerton just had his new show picked up.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Eat This Glob posted:

Howerton just had his new show picked up.

Yeah, but it looks like a stupid premise and will probably last 1-2 seasons. He'll be back

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

MFW I catch up in this thread.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
Just take your time and make 13 really great and also the final season. Everyone else is working on moving on and I'd rather then end on a strong season then every season ending with rumors of it being THE LAST???

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Man that rum ham was probably perfectly brined after floating in the sea for so long huh

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Calaveron posted:

Man that rum ham was probably perfectly brined after floating in the sea for so long huh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2ezpExQ_k0&t=3s

(Probably not)

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

That was absolutely worth the watch, thanks. For some reason the Grilled Charlie just destroyed me -- I didn't realize he puts the cheese between the bread and the pan and butters the wrong side of the bread every time.

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

God knows what lives in me in place of me.
Grimey Drawer
Is he cooking on a....hot plate?? :neckbeard:

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

ChesterJT posted:

Just take your time and make 13 really great and also the final season. Everyone else is working on moving on and I'd rather then end on a strong season then every season ending with rumors of it being THE LAST???

Yeah, it looks like people are moving on to other things. And let's face it, DeVito can't keep this up much longer, he's an old man. And while season 1 was funny, later seasons were much better in part due to him joining the cast.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Phenotype posted:

That was absolutely worth the watch, thanks. For some reason the Grilled Charlie just destroyed me -- I didn't realize he puts the cheese between the bread and the pan and butters the wrong side of the bread every time.

The Milk Steak got me for the "You pull it out when it looks like its... done? I don't know." Just something about him clearly knowing what he was doing in a kitchen but being hopelessly perplexed on the most basic of "when its done" got me cracking up.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 00:44 on May 21, 2017

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

God knows what lives in me in place of me.
Grimey Drawer
Is there any legal means to watch Season 12 right now? It's not up on Hulu or Netflix yet.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

It usually goes on US Netflix like 2 weeks before the next season starts but if they are skipping a year who knows

ada shatan
Oct 20, 2004

that'll do pig, that'll do

Rabbit Hill posted:

Is there any legal means to watch Season 12 right now? It's not up on Hulu or Netflix yet.

Less than ideal, given the cost, but Amazon has it:
https://www.amazon.com/Its-Always-Sunny-Philadelphia-Season/dp/B01MQUD8HB

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
Yeah or Google Play. And probably iTunes.

rjderouin
May 21, 2007
Is this shows appeal purely an east coast thing? Myself and all of my New Jersey friends absolutely love this show, its one of my favorites ever. But I notice when I try to show it to friends on the West Coast they like, don't, get it?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I don't know. I know the appeal of The League was very specifically me and my friends saying "That. We totally did that." Which could have been a regional thing at times. But I don't think I've ever watched Always Sunny and related to it. I guess maybe I'm more familiar with loud mouth assholes in general or something but I feel like Always Sunny is so far over the top that its no longer even in the realm of familiarity or realism or whatever.

I mean, maybe in the first season before poo poo got really crazy? But they were pretty cartoony even then.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

I only started watching through Always Sunny a couple years ago, but the concept seems like it could take place anywhere. I will say, though, that I went to college in eastern Pennsylvania, most of the students were either from there or New Jersey, and a lot of them loved Always Sunny. So I'd imagine some of them appreciate it for regionalism reasons as well.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
Seems to have a pretty big following in California. My friends tend to watch it, and once I got my wife hooked it was all she would talk about with her friends for a while.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

It would be kind of funny to have a version of the gang from another place. Like, I dunno, a Chicago gang or a LA gang or something, and just see how they differ/how they play off them.

What would be really weird is to have a whole season where the rest of the gang goes on a long road trip to try to find Dennis and bring him home, and they keep coming across different iterations of the gang at every bar they stop at along the way.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
If they do Californian Gang, it must include Ryan Hansen. That earlier goon's suggestion was correct.

Jenny Slate, Tracy Morgan, Dane Cook, and Scott Glenn could be the other members of that Gang. (Dee, Charlie, Mac, Frank) I'm sure FX could afford them for just one episode.

edit: Canadian Gang: Jessalyn Gilsig, Tom Green, Shaun Majumder, Dan Aykroyd, Chris Diamantopolous (Dee, Charlie, Mac, Frank, Dennis)

Mameluke fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Jun 1, 2017

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Fwiw I'm Danish & I've only been in Philly for a weekend 10+ years ago. I love the show.

pooch516
Mar 10, 2010
It's funny because I believe the show started as a sitcom about out of work LA actors. I feel like maybe that would be a little more relatable out there, but also more cliche IMO.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

What episode is cat in the wall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

drunken officeparty posted:

What episode is cat in the wall

I can't look up the number right now but it's in Mac and Dennis Break Up