Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
qkkl
Jul 1, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Apparently you have to shoot the rims of a tire in order to blow it out. Hitting the rubber part won't work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
So, I'm trying to get better at this game; while I sometimes do okay I tend to cap out at two kills at most. Any tips on how to do that? Play more, obviously, but at the same time I don't want to accidentally reinforce bad habits, etc. so if there are any important things I should know or that might be helpful, that would be appreciated.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

Roland Jones posted:

So, I'm trying to get better at this game; while I sometimes do okay I tend to cap out at two kills at most. Any tips on how to do that? Play more, obviously, but at the same time I don't want to accidentally reinforce bad habits, etc. so if there are any important things I should know or that might be helpful, that would be appreciated.

Pick your battles. Unless you have a silencer (and at times even if you do) only shoot a people you have to or are sure to kill. Giving your position away for no reason is very bad.

Learn where the 3rd person bullshit puts you at a disadvantage and where it puts you at an advantage. Often times small hills are the best cover since you can 3rd person look over it while still being behind cover. This also means you can't expect to push people hiding behind a tree/stone since they will get the drop on your most of the time.

Run towards gunfire (within reason), not away from it. If you hear gunfire close by, pushing towards it is often a good strategy since you know their position but they don't know yours. If you end up killing the guy, the area you came from and the area where you killed him will now be relatively safe. In the same vein, it can often be a good idea to move to a new location after you have been shooting in case someone is running towards your gunfire.

Remember to hold shift when aiming down sights/scope for improve stability.

Play the game.

Hulebr00670065006e fucked around with this message at 11:48 on Jun 2, 2017

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

LampkinsMateSteve posted:

Yes, but only once per game and during the plane or parachuting. My friend gets it, too and I saw him teleport in the sky. I sometimes get a Network Lag Detected notice popping up, for a second, too.

https://twitter.com/PUBATTLEGROUNDS/status/870541535485452292

https://twitter.com/PUBATTLEGROUNDS/status/870557686965780480

Looks like they found the cause of this and fixed it really quickly.

Can confirm: I have not been getting this weird hitching every round today.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hulebr00670065006e posted:

Pick your battles. Unless you have a silencer (and at times even if you do) only shoot a people you have to or are sure to kill. Giving your position away for no reason is very bad.

Learn where the 3rd person bullshit puts you at a disadvantage and where it puts you at an advantage. Often times small hills are the best cover since you can 3rd person look over it while still being behind cover. This also means you can't expect to push people hiding behind a tree/stone since they will get the drop on your most of the time.

Run towards gunfire (within reason), not away from it. If you hear gunfire close by, pushing towards it is often a good strategy since you know their position but they don't know yours. If you end up killing the guy, the area you came from and the area where you killed him will now be relatively safe. In the same vein, it can often be a good idea to move to a new location after you have been shooting in case someone is running towards your gunfire.

Remember to hold shift when aiming down sights/scope for improve stability.

Play the game.

Thanks for the tips. I knew some of these, and experienced a few the hard way, but others are new (running towards gunfire is counterintuitive but makes sense when you explain it like that). Also yeah, moving after shooting makes sense; two times now I was sniping and doing well, once with an SKS and an 8x scope and another time just with the Kar98k, after stayed where I was after getting my kills and ended up dying for it a few minutes later.

Speked
Dec 13, 2011

LTA Represent !!
Where is the line between shooting and killstealing people in Goonsquads?.

I've never really thought about it before a guy in my squad said "you're the killstealer" last night.

I mean if I see people I shoot at them, rather than getting shot.

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe

Beanbox posted:

I've never really thought about it before a guy in my squad said "you're the killstealer" last night.

A goon said that or a random? Name and shame.

If anybody said that to me and was serious I'd TK.

Snapes N Snapes
Sep 6, 2010

I don't know how but AS got good since the stat wipe.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

Willfrey posted:

I agree name them and then we all kill them whenever we see them

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

Willfrey posted:

Agreed. The only time you should get annoyed when a teammate shoots a guy you downed is if his time could be better spent shooting at a guy still alive.

Speked
Dec 13, 2011

LTA Represent !!

Willfrey posted:

Goon said it yesterday, and he seemed serious.

No need to name and shame here, We can laugh about in Discord

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

I say kill em all

cyanidewolf
Sep 1, 2007

Truly the corgiest of goodposts

There's actually two ways to get credited with a kill when you DBNO someone.

In order of priority they should be:

1) Kill their drat squad
2) Kill them

If, for some reason, you can't do 1, then do 2. Your squad has the same options, and if they do 2 and you get mad, then re-evaluate your life choices. Also, if you care who loots a body.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

cyanidewolf posted:

There's actually two ways to get credited with a kill when you DBNO someone.

In order of priority they should be:

1) Kill their drat squad
2) Kill them

If, for some reason, you can't do 1, then do 2. Your squad has the same options, and if they do 2 and you get mad, then re-evaluate your life choices. Also, if you care who loots a body.

https://clips.twitch.tv/AthleticCarelessFriseeGivePLZ

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Shotguns not utterly shredding people inside of 10m is the biggest and dumbest change. That guy ate an entire shell to the face.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Party Plane Jones posted:

Shotguns not utterly shredding people inside of 10m is the biggest and dumbest change. That guy ate an entire shell to the face.

That clip's over 2 weeks old, he lived despite getting shot by a pre-nerf shotgun.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Nfcknblvbl posted:

That clip's over 2 weeks old, he lived despite getting shot by a pre-nerf shotgun.

How

:aaaaa:

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
i've been digging the pump a lot more than the double barrel since the last patch

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

I dunno what the gently caress is going on in that clip, because the first shot gets a ton of L1 helmet head yet doesn't kill him, but the second shot has an effect like it hit a wall, then the other guy down him in 1.5 shots with the same gun.

Personally I haven't noticed much of a change in shotgun lethality pre/post-patch, to be honest.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Personal anecdote:

I always pick up the over-under shotgun at the beginning of the game because it has yet to fail at instantly downing someone with a single shell even post-patch. That said I almost always take an UMP over a shotgun where applicable.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
first post-reset chicken dinner, with our same 3-man squad as always

landed in the school and demolished a 4-man group. then we used the old "drive 3 cars around to make mobile cover" strategy, and paired it along with SOME kind of natural cover, and sweeped the last couple of circles with all 3 of us surviving.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Beanbox posted:

my squad makes fun of the killstealer but we encourage it, as long as you aren't shooting a downed person that risks the squad by not shooting a threat

our outlook is, even if the firefight goes south and we all die, that squad is at least handicapped for the rest of the game and paid a price for taking us out

also loot goes to whoever gets to the box first, because we have delegated roles and each of us has preferential items, if you loot something generally you'll hand stuff over to who uses it the most

one of our guys gets the sniper stuff, I'm the stair goblin so they try to kit me out with a silenced UMP or Vector, etc etc, same with crates our sniper gets the M24/AWM, we have a guy that gets the M249, I get the Tommy Gun, stuff like that

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:

causticBeet posted:

Can we stop with the "chicken dinner" posts? It's super exciting and fun to win but Not Good Posting TM and they're literally all just some variation of "I jumped out of a plane and looted/ maybe shot mans and it was very tense at the end" with a boring screenshot.

drat, I haven't goten a chicken dinner yet but I didn't choose to be this salty.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:

VikingSkull posted:

no step on snek

marin pls

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
Kill stealing: one guy you just downed alone in a small house you're sure is empty with you, you're reloading and your team mate runs in and shoots him. Who cares, there are more guys to kill

Not kill stealing: any other time, especially outdoors. Obviously go for the guys shooting at you or running first

I would get frustrated at "kill stealing" when I wasn't getting a kill every round or every other round. This latest reset I'm top 400 in kill rating, my advice after watching grimmz a lot and winning daily is:

Learn to loot high value loot locations quickly. Learn how to leave them too. Do you loot apartments every game? Do you jump off the roof to the top of the first floor? No? Psssssh, thanks for looting for me

If someone lands within 3-4 houses of you, you better get the first gun you see and take them out

Abuse 3rd person, I swear to god if I catch another person camping any long (more than 10feet) straight stretch with no wall between them... well I'll kill them but for the love of god stay one body length from a corner and wait to strafe out past them. CHEAT, STUPID.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
I actually shot AND killed someone in-game a few days ago.

Maybe not a whole dinner but maybe that counts as a bite. Like a little container of popcorn chicken from Sheetz.

Also I had a kill totally stolen from me (while I was crawling on the ground after being turned into Swiss cheese).

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Dear Penthouse forum,

I never thought it would happen to me.
So there I was, final stretch of the game, top 15 and the circle is zeroing in on the military base.
The entire match was me scrambling to catch up with the collapsing play area. No vehicles in sight.
Four kills and not a single shot on me. I was pristine. I was a ghost.
A gas station gives me a moments respite but a sniper has a bead on me.
He spends eight bullets trying to destroy my door as if to taunt me.
A smoke grenade and a mistimed reload. I'm safe.
Sprinting across the bridge, I hear gunshots not too far away. No, I'm good. There's cover.
I crouch, patient, and wait for my moment.
A break in the violence gives way and I make my final approach.
In the distance, thunder.
No, not thunder. An engine.
A million bullets, a thousand grenades or a hundred stabbings. That's what you expect in war.
But me, I met my fate by the front tire of a flying motorcycle.

Love,
Inzombiac

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Carebearz posted:

drat, I haven't goten a chicken dinner yet but I didn't choose to be this salty.

he does have a point though. the endless breathless descriptions of how single rounds went are pretty much just white noise.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

causticBeet posted:

Can we stop with the "chicken dinner" posts? It's super exciting and fun to win but Not Good Posting TM and they're literally all just some variation of "I jumped out of a plane and looted/ maybe shot mans and it was very tense at the end" with a boring screenshot.

He's right, goons. I want to see more videos of you guys securing those chicken dinners!!

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

causticBeet posted:

causticBeet posted:

Smokes are awesome when you just throw them as distractions. Just won a squad game because we were able to throw 3 or 4 smokes between us to cover a field crossing in to some high ground that the circle eventually closed on.

Yea if you aren't including the Lamest Grenade in your chicken dinner posts reevaluate. You didn't even include a picture with proof you perpetual first place loser

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
First one.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Just before the wipe!

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Efexeye posted:

he does have a point though. the endless breathless descriptions of how single rounds went are pretty much just white noise.

I like first chicken dinner posts :shobon:

I'm sorry for being part of the problem.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Ice Fist posted:

I like first chicken dinner posts :shobon:

I'm sorry for being part of the problem.

no no, it's not the chicken dinner posts. i posted my first one too. it's the 800 words of prose describing a round of a game that you really would have had to have been playing in to care about. those posts are the e/n of the pubg thread

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Let people who are happy/excited about winning have their moment. It's no great inconvenience to skip over the post.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
That's why I just posted a video nobody watched of my first one.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Efexeye posted:

I read every one and enjoy reliving the moment with the writer.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

CascadeBeta posted:

That's why I just posted a video nobody watched of my first one.

This guy gets it. Follow his example.

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

In PlanetSide 2 we called it "battle logging" and it was boring every time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Concurred posted:

In PlanetSide 2 we called it "battle logging" and it was boring every time

It's kind of like those "tell me about your crazy dream" threads where literally every person is only recounting their own lovely, barely coherent story that they think sounds cool and nobody reads or gives a gently caress about anyone else.

Also whenever questioned about it exactly one person who has never posted before itt will chime in to say "I read them all".

• Locked thread