Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Can't miss gold cards if you run a 25 bronze deck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

Chomp8645 posted:

Can't miss gold cards if you run a 25 bronze deck.

Am I the crazy person if I run a 30 card deck with multiple golds?

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.

Minrad posted:

this is why the cool decks run thinners: can't miss gold cards if you play every card in your deck

I haven't drawn her after using a loving navigator to pull my third Frost Beast Thing which in turn pulled the third Frost. And after Imlerith pulled Roach.

That's 5 cards out of my deck. Still haven't drawn her.

EDIT: 6 loving games in a row now, I have to take a break before I destroy my keyboard

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I've never played a CCG before only an LCG, opening packs is addictive.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
One of these days Android:Netrunner will get a digital client, I'm sure of it. :arghfist::sigh:

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.

MarshyMcFly posted:

Am I the crazy person if I run a 30 card deck with multiple golds?

Your deck will usually be more inconsistent than a 25 cards deck which is not what you want.

Unless I'm mistaken, there is currently no way of making a 30 cards deck better than a 25 cards one. That may change in the future.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

:smithicide:

Is that queensguard deck still decent? This feels like a tough choice because I know Ithlinne is really good

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

frajaq posted:

:smithicide:

Is that queensguard deck still decent? This feels like a tough choice because I know Ithlinne is really good

Ithlinne 100%

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Kawabata posted:

Ithlinne 100%

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Not all Queensguard decks even run Cerys.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Also I love Cerys and think she is a decent card, but not necessarily a great card or worth running against other golds and certainly not in this meta. Ithlinne is seriously busted in every deck you put her in. Double Rally, Double Weather, Double Shackles, Double Thunder, Double Dragon.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~
Cerys is great in queensguard, but not strictly optimal. Ithlinne is core to scoiatel for sure though.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Turns out Succubus is a pretty good counter to Morkvarg.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

RatHat posted:

Turns out Succubus is a pretty good counter to Morkvarg.

Succubus is undercover op. If you pull their Morkvarg that game is over.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Whenever you see the Succ or Letho it's usually a good sign that that person is Mad About Morkvarg

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
letho is a strong contender for best gold in the game.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Fair for a faction gold when you think about it. Coral is a gold and reduces cards by half their strength, letho + dbomb is two cards and reduces cards by all their strength.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Darke GBF posted:

Succubus is undercover op. If you pull their Morkvarg that game is over.

I've won after having my Mork stolen, but that was their fault for dropping frost on my hunters and letting them get huge.

Letho is potentially game over, though, since it usually banishes my mork AND possibly two or three other cards i was working on buffing.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

Normal Adult Human posted:

Lore appropriate~

letho is the coolest

Class Warcraft
Apr 27, 2006

Is there a trick to stopping the Northern Realms Reaver clowncar?

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

I haven't played against it enough to really give any solid advice. The game I did win against, he probably could've won if he had stopped going all in so hard on one round with reavers to win by like 40 points.

Speaking of NR, Tides is playtesting the dumbest deck I've ever seen: a 3 silver, 3 gold, 37 card NR deck. He misplayed a shitload and nearly took the first game he was playing with it. :stare:

It would probably get creamed by any kind of weather monsters deck, but it's pretty funny when he goes into rounds with like 15 units on the board after playing just 4 or 5 cards. I am also eagerly anticipating him getting hit by a 50 damage G:igni

Minera fucked around with this message at 11:03 on Jun 3, 2017

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
It's gotta be inconsistent as gently caress with that many cards.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

RatHat posted:

It's gotta be inconsistent as gently caress with that many cards.

The only thing that seems inconsistent is getting your gold/silvers in the first round; so many of your cards play other cards that you thin your deck super faster. Adepts pull weather, Reaver scouts pull other bronzes, Commandos get yanked constantly, light cavalry pull themselves, poor loving infantry summon themselves, etc. And you end up getting like 20 or more value of Foltest's power.

It's probably bad, since you can get rolled by SO many things, (weather, igni, scorch, rot tosser, etc) but it looks pretty hilarious and cheap.

YESSSSS

https://clips.twitch.tv/ScarySlickCobraPeteZarollTie

Minera fucked around with this message at 11:12 on Jun 3, 2017

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

He's trying to play NR while missing all the core silvers and golds (Operator, Shani, Nenneke, Dandelion, Reinforcement etc.), it's just tragic

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired

Minrad posted:

One of these days Android:Netrunner will get a digital client, I'm sure of it. :arghfist::sigh:

https://www.jinteki.net/

P.S. You have good taste in card games

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Normal Adult Human posted:

I got hosed super hard T3 once with Letho buthering my whole board and then getting locked + demoted haha. Wasn't even mad, nice to see a less common card do work.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Class Warcraft posted:

Is there a trick to stopping the Northern Realms Reaver clowncar?
Save a way to remove the first r3 reaver hunter.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Any idea on when the first round of changes is going to happen? I am loathe to spend valuable scraps on soon to be nerfed cards!

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008

Flayer posted:

Any idea on when the first round of changes is going to happen? I am loathe to spend valuable scraps on soon to be nerfed cards!

They've said they'll have a system in place to refund people that crafted nerfed cards anyway.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

The Gorp posted:

https://www.jinteki.net/

P.S. You have good taste in card games

it's not bad and I used to play and spec on this a lot :v: but the automation of cards/tokens/rules/etc and matchmaking are a big part of what makes digital card games so great. I think FFG makes money hand over fist with physical card games and has no digital experience, so I'm not exactly holding out for any surprise ANR to compete with Hearthstone and Gwent any time soon!

I think after finally having some free time to play a ton and watch streamers the past two days, the meta seems in an alright spot. Nilfgaard is a little too common, but I'm not entirely sure it's because they're too strong as it is they're just consistent so people flock to them. I find Morkvaarg decks harder to beat right now.

I'd like to see NR get a buff and see where the meta settles. I don't even mind the gold weathers anymore, like any gold card, when they're used well they can get you, but it's straight forward and second nature to play around them at this point.

I'm hoping the balance patch is early next week. I got a hankering to spend some meteorite powder, but I'm waiting to see what cards get nerfed, buffed, or changed to do anything.

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

botany posted:

I got hosed super hard T3 once with Letho buthering my whole board and then getting locked + demoted haha. Wasn't even mad, nice to see a less common card do work.

Lethos problem is he is too versatile. He is either a super lacerate, an anti-rez card, an anti-weather card, unseen elder, scorch proofer or scorch enabler. Usually a few of these things at once.

All of his downsides become upsides if you play him on the other side of the board.

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

Minrad posted:

I think after finally having some free time to play a ton and watch streamers the past two days, the meta seems in an alright spot. Nilfgaard is a little too common, but I'm not entirely sure it's because they're too strong as it is they're just consistent so people flock to them. I find Morkvaarg decks harder to beat right now.

I'd like to see NR get a buff and see where the meta settles. I don't even mind the gold weathers anymore, like any gold card, when they're used well they can get you, but it's straight forward and second nature to play around them at this point.

I'm hoping the balance patch is early next week. I got a hankering to spend some meteorite powder, but I'm waiting to see what cards get nerfed, buffed, or changed to do anything

Meta is in an interesting spot. Rank 1 deck has been a Dagon fog for the last few days and there's a couple of heavily teched NR decks going in and out of top 20. Spell ST is still strong while SK, NG spies and Monster consume/weather hybrids are also in a good spot. The only deck I'm seeing less lately is reveal NG.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

How many clear weathers do you lot tend to run in your decks? Currently I'm looking to slot in Vanhemar(?) into a deck but at the moment 2x Clear skies seems fine?

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

Flipswitch posted:

How many clear weathers do you lot tend to run in your decks? Currently I'm looking to slot in Vanhemar(?) into a deck but at the moment 2x Clear skies seems fine?

It's usually 1 to 2 (max) depending on how many clear skies effect cards you have like Griffin, Nausicaa etc.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Flipswitch posted:

In Nilf I just rely on their mage + standard bearers. I still run 1x clear skies in my skellige decks for the occasional gold weather, since it's so drat hard to benefit off of those with hunters.

Chuf
Jun 28, 2011

I had that weird dream again.
Been playing a bit of Ranked but now that I'm hovering around 2000 mmr, it seems all anyone plays is Calveit NG and the odd Eithne deck which forfeits when I pass early on turn 1. I thought I'd at least see some other Skellige decks or the rare Henselt Reavers but it really seems that Calveit is the fotm at my mmr which is pretty soulcrushing when you have to play against Tibor and Letho every game (and don't have those golds yourself).
:negative:

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

I'm only at 1750 but there's a good smattering. Calveit NG is by far the most popular, though. I can usually beat it but it's not the easiest matchup.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
Am I missing something about the Wild Hunt Navigator? It took me a while to realize "Summon" required you to have other copies of the card in your deck, but now that I grasp that I'm wondering why he didn't summon out one of my other Wild Hunt Riders when I used it last game. It was round 1, my deck has 3 Riders in it but I only had one in hand. I played the Rider, then the next turn played the Navigator and targetted the Rider... but nothing happened and my turn passed. The Wild Hunt Rider is a Wild Hunt Ally card, right?

[edit] Also, this is the first game I've played that makes me actually want the premium cards. I always dust any golden cards I get in Hearthstone (assuming I have normal versions), and I actively avoid having any foil cards in Magic. Gwent does a great job at making them look good, though.

[edit2]
Ocvist, Albrich, or Nenneke? I don't know what direction I want to start building decks in or any factions that I favor--they all seem cool.

Aranan fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Jun 3, 2017

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

If you're unsure which faction to focus I would go with Ocvist, he baits out removal at the very least and gives you card advantage even if he doesn't hit many enemies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Respectable Bespectacled Receptacle
Losing the coin flip and the opponent going Calveit -> 3x Golem -> Cahir -> Roach -> something I can't remember in response and then immediately passing blows. I guess I should have just passed to lose the round and be equal CA but I'm hoping they do something about Golems at least. There isn't much of a point of using leader card power as a balancing point between leaders when you give a faction a free +9 power on all of their leaders and let them play with a 22 card deck to boot. poo poo, make the Golems neutral and let everyone join in on the fun, and see how fast people will get tired of them being in every single deck. Comparing them to Daerlan in the same faction shows how dumb there are, because Daerlan is only 1 power more, you need to draw them, and the require you to use a reveal effect on yourself instead of your opponent.

EDIT: Agreed on Ocvist. He makes a pretty solid first turn first round play if you lose the coin flip and go first, because you get the card back if the round lasts long enough, or people burn a removal on him and leave your other threats safer.

Locke Dunnegan fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Jun 3, 2017