Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Well, pure chaos risk is registered and Basch will be eating and ready to go when the fiesta begins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Koobes posted:

Because I am a goofball who absolutely loves FF12, here's a Bartz naming :toxx: drive for some donations.

Don't listen to Ondores lies! Bartz Basch Lives!

Every completed fiesta with Basch will have me give up $5 to charity.(up to a max of $200)

You're on dude

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

https://twitter.com/revenantkioku/status/871227887835205632

:getin: intensifies. (Since embedded tweets don't show quotetweets, he agreed to 30k for Yiazmat.)

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

Kyrosiris posted:

https://twitter.com/revenantkioku/status/871227887835205632

:getin: intensifies. (Since embedded tweets don't show quotetweets, he agreed to 30k for Yiazmat.)

but why

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

fits posted:

but why

because he didn't know what it is :getin:

Anyway it should have IZJwhatever's innovations too so that should help.

Serene Dragon
Mar 31, 2011

Koobes posted:

Because I am a goofball who absolutely loves FF12, here's a Bartz naming :toxx: drive for some donations.

Every completed fiesta with Basch will have me give up $5 to charity.(up to a max of $200)

Excellent, I also really like FF12 so count another Basch in. :)

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...

Txn posted:

About the Fiesta patch, it also randomized the extra classes with an interesting result

The Gladiator was my second Time Mage and surprisingly both the Necromancer and Oracle were intact at least for Bartz. I know that those classes are never going to be used in a Fiesta but I still found it funny.
Hmm, maybe I added the dummy data incorrectly. Thanks for the report!

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

I'm kind of glad the FFXII team wasn't in charge of this game. Imagine Omega with a million hitpoints.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Koobes posted:

So down.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Mr. Maltose posted:

If we get 20K I will buy a good game and stream having fun doesn't really sell in Peoria I guess.

There are two things RK is known for: The fiesta and having bad taste that is the polar opposite of most sane people goons. He thinks pretty much all of the Ivalice games are an abomination, especially FFT.

He's not gonna have fun. :getin:

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
I feel like this belongs here too

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Koobes posted:

:patriot:

Mikl posted:

:toxx: I'll be watering the Berserker tree at the tune of $10 for each goon-completed run using The Run's jobs, between them being officially announced and The Run starting. (Once per goon, no total upper limit) :toxx:

Locked and loaded.

Bregor fucked around with this message at 10:32 on Jun 4, 2017

StrangeAeon
Jul 11, 2011

Making a Basch and The Run ready files today. Count me in!

Miacis
Oct 9, 2012

Get off my lawn!!
Last year was my first fiesta, but I was too slow and missed my chance to BERSERKER RISK. This time will be different. Pure Chaos and fifth job for variety, plus 'zerkers, of course. :)

Can Of Worms posted:

[Compatibility of Fiesta and Balance mods]
They're both my mods, I can update a compatible version of them when I have time.
I imagine the randomizer was the main focus lately, but if this still happening? Last year I was blessed with MNK/MYS Fists of Fire, and I don't think I can ever go back to vanilla monks anymore.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Koobes posted:

Mikl posted:

Alright, here goes! Third time entering the Fiesta, and hopefully second time finishing. Random run, as last year.

And to make this more fun:

:toxx: I'll be watering the Berserker tree at the tune of $10 for each goon-completed run using The Run's jobs, between them being officially announced and The Run starting. (Once per goon, no total upper limit) :toxx:

Get those runs in :getin:

Both of you crazy fuckers are on.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
I made a thing.

(After LOLcomics, with apologies.)

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

neongrey posted:

because he didn't know what it is :getin:

Anyway it should have IZJwhatever's innovations too so that should help.
Yeah, Yiazmat won't take nearly as long in the remake even if they buff it to account for the characters-get-two-jobs buff that the party gets. Lifting the damage limit from 9999 to 99999 goes a long way.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Koobes posted:

I'm down for this.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Supremezero posted:

Both of you crazy fuckers are on.

And now, Captain Basch Fon Klauserburg Of Lixmasca! and TheUrn are ready for duty!

Question for The Run bets: Do we have to match the Run itself? Which is to say, do we have to clear all tablets? Or is it just "beat the game"?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Eh, screw it. :toxx: Everyone who clears the game with the name "a butt" will trigger a 2 dollar donation from me, up to a maximum of 70 bucks(it'd be more but the exchange rate is murder).

I also just donated :10bux: to add some zerkers to the pool. :getin:

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

a butt will have to wait for my next game, I only managed one slow run last year!

Sneaky Wombat
Jan 9, 2010

Now I can't decide on "a butt" or Basch.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

What the hell, I'll make a pledge too. The general consensus is that the most overpowered jobs are Blue Mage/Mystic Knight/Bard/Chemist, so let's see what y'all can do without them. I'll throw in $10 for every goon who triple crowns with none of those jobs. No upper limit, but that's every goon, not every run.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

ultrafilter posted:

What the hell, I'll make a pledge too. The general consensus is that the most overpowered jobs are Blue Mage/Mystic Knight/Bard/Chemist, so let's see what y'all can do without them. I'll throw in $10 for every goon who triple crowns with none of those jobs. No upper limit, but that's every goon, not every run.

Might want to include Time Mage in that list since it makes the crown completely free with quickleak and patience.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

AlphaKretin posted:

Might want to include Time Mage in that list since it makes the crown completely free with quickleak and patience.

I think the point was a job per crystal, but eh. Time Mage's probably more borked than Mystic Knight anyway. Is Mystic even particularly a big deal for Triple Crown? It's, like, a good damage source for Omega, and I think that's it? The big Water Crystal job for those purposes is probably either Time Mage or Summoner, I guess.

Supremezero fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Jun 4, 2017

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Time Mage trivializes the Omega fight, but it's otherwise much less of an "I win" button than Mystic Knight. But hey, if someone wants to quickleak Omega to make me donate $10 to charity, then hey, more power to them.

(That's also part of the reason why I stipulated one donation per goon rather than one donation per triple crown.)

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
If I knew anything about modding this game I'd make a patch that does the following find-replaces

Lenna -> Ashe
Galuf -> Basch
Faris -> Fran
Krile -> Pnelo
Boco -> Vaan

And name Bartz whatever truncation of Balthier you prefer

Hopefully this would still be acceptable for the donation condition

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Alrighty, all active toxxes are in the third post. Y'all are awesome. :syoon:

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
My Basch start is ready to go.

Is it sad that I look forward to fiesta time more than I do most major holidays?

Sneaky Wombat
Jan 9, 2010

CapitalistPig posted:

Is it sad that I look forward to fiesta time more than I do most major holidays?

Of course not, It's a wonderful time to reconnect with Goons who love FF5 and other things! It's the only time of year the OFS talks to me!

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

CapitalistPig posted:

If it is, then I'm similarly sad. :v: But yeah, it's kind of a highlight of the year, and only partially because I kinda feel like the festivities organizer for our little corner of hell.

KharlanTree
Aug 21, 2014

Zerk zerk zerk zerk zerk
You see me I be
Zerk zerk zerk zerk zerk

Kyrosiris posted:

If it is, then I'm similarly sad. :v: But yeah, it's kind of a highlight of the year, and only partially because I kinda feel like the festivities organizer for our little corner of hell.

Add me to the sadness. :P My brother hates it because as soon as I say the word Fiesta he's all "THIS IS ALL YOU'RE GONNA TALK ABOUT THIS SUMMER, ISN'T IT."

The answer is yes.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Koobes posted:

prepping a save now

thats an easy enough ask

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.
Switched from Popular Risk to Pure Chaos Risk. I'll try Popular my second run I think. Between that and all these :toxx: donations I'm getting pretty stoked for the Fiesta.

Darkoni
Dec 28, 2010

You do not look terribly noble and yet I feel troubled, attracted, bewitched.

It's my third year doing the Fiesta and my first time doing Bersker risk. Doing Chaos as well. Fingers crossed I'm not gonna get quadzerkers but who knows.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Darkoni posted:

It's my third year doing the Fiesta and my first time doing Bersker risk. Doing Chaos as well. Fingers crossed I'm not gonna get quadzerkers but who knows.

Just upgrade to PureChaos, dupes are dumb. It won't save you from Berserker Risk, but it'll save you from Berserkers that aren't from that, and we'll need like triple the donation total to get quadzerkers. And that's if there's no more Riskers.

GatewayOfLastResort
Oct 11, 2007

I'm saving up such a laugh.

Well okay then.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Koobes posted:

This is once the fiesta starts proper, right? I would be down for this.

Also, started a non fiesta run to get myself in back in the swing of things and to get my completionist tendencies quashed. I only played the crappy PSX translation so having Faris talk like a normal person was refreshing.

Galuf being horny definitely slipped my mind though.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Unlucky7 posted:

This is once the fiesta starts proper, right? I would be down for this.

Also, started a non fiesta run to get myself in back in the swing of things and to get my completionist tendencies quashed. I only played the crappy PSX translation so having Faris talk like a normal person was refreshing.

Galuf being horny definitely slipped my mind though.

Galuf's an old man from :japan:, him being horny is the default setting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

I saw this back in 2015 too late, then totally forgot about it for 2016, but signing up for this year! Just started a (play-as-normal) run on Steam just to refresh my memory because it's seriously been like 15 years since I played this game.

• Locked thread