Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Medullah posted:

Other than achievements and challenge, is there any differences in Story Mode difficulty level?

No and a tool tip even says so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Overbite posted:

Yeah I was able to play through story mode on normal up to that point. An hour of bashing my head against the final boss and I set it on easy. It's so dumb.

The online in this also sucks, I've only managed to connect to 1 match, which I won, so I have a 100% win rate so that's cool. Biggest problem is the lack of SP content. And with MP not working all I can really do is mess about in treasure mode and practice mode. Getting decent at Josie at least. There are too many cool characters in this and it's hard to pick a main. Josie seems simple and straightforward.

Sit in the ranked match list for awhile, eventually it'll challenge you to a match and, if you accept that, you can play.

Not exactly ideal but better than nothing

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Blattdorf posted:

It only looks like it, you actually do have a lot of health.

Yeah just spam demon wings and tank all the armored damage for an easy win if you can avoid the ohko phase

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Real hurthling! posted:

No and a tool tip even says so

Wasn't sure if it gave you more fight money or whatever.

Skjorte
Jul 5, 2010

Elvis_Maximus posted:

Sit in the ranked match list for awhile, eventually it'll challenge you to a match and, if you accept that, you can play.

Not exactly ideal but better than nothing

I tried this a couple of times yesterday and nothing happened even after 15 minutes of waiting. Nothing happening now either, from the looks of it. Might depend on region - I'm in Europe - since not everyone seems to be affected in the same way.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Your Computer posted:

I hope you keep making these videos, I really appreciate them (even if I don't use any of these particular characters)! :kimchi: My thumb is dying but I finally managed to do the shoryuken motion at least like... ~40% of the time. Which is a big improvement from 0%! Still feels like Eliza is just going to be forever too difficult.

Pictured: Every god drat time

Here have this 8 hit 97dmg(83 with no jump in but I'd use the jump in as a hit confirm), my goal is high damage easy pz combo's. http://xboxclips.com/Mechwarrior/9ab60fd1-a792-4762-a19f-a5f3f8bb8c95

Notation is jump in, 2--2, ex divekick, f4, 1-2-1+2

kittycopter
May 29, 2014

Don't worry,
he soars above us...
Is PSN still down? Are any other consoles not able to access online features? I just popped it in last night to do some training and a few quick matches before bed, but could not connect to anyone. Hit yes, then lose the connection immediately.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

kittycopter posted:

Is PSN still down? Are any other consoles not able to access online features? I just popped it in last night to do some training and a few quick matches before bed, but could not connect to anyone. Hit yes, then lose the connection immediately.

Tournament works and thats it

Skjorte
Jul 5, 2010
Player and ranked matches are still down. Tournaments is the only way to reliably fight random people online at the moment.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

if you really want to play against humans, sitting in a player match waiting room and just accepting challenges forever will eventually get you one that works, or at least has for me.

then just rematch that one person over and over again til they leave, lest you be sent back to the lost connection limbo

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
It sucks that tournament ends when the host leaves.
Usually after they lose.
It is awesome though to lose, go to the losers bracket. win your way. and beat the player who sent you to the losers bracket.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Skjorte posted:

I tried this a couple of times yesterday and nothing happened even after 15 minutes of waiting. Nothing happening now either, from the looks of it. Might depend on region - I'm in Europe - since not everyone seems to be affected in the same way.

Ah that sucks, works for me, albeit much slower than normal making!

Fought my way up to 3rd Dan being very, very bad at Tekken. What a great game (especially once they get the matchmaking fixed).

For all the negatives, it feels very satisfying to play

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

Real hurthling! posted:

These are cool. What would you use at the wall?

I haven't gotten my wall combos yet, but I'll report back. If you wanna go through the wall then end a combo with HAR 4 and it'll knock them straight through.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

TheManSeries posted:

I haven't gotten my wall combos yet, but I'll report back. If you wanna go through the wall then end a combo with HAR 4 and it'll knock them straight through.

I've been following nobys guide and doing peck and slap (d/f+1,1) and then getting to har from that but the timing is weird. was hoping for something more foolproof to rely on until i got it

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

How much worse is bb, d, bb, d, bb etc than a real KBD? Cause that I can do like a champ, I just always kinda slowly drift towards the camera but I get the same speed.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I've played a bunch more Jojo Claudio and he's probably my best character now, I really like his toolset but I'm super bad at punishing. Does he lack good punishers or have I just not found them? Everything seems to be either too slow to punish anything or too short range.

Also I'm trying to learn to crouch more... it's not easy. Until now I've basically just pretended that crouch doesn't exist and that lows are unblockable, which obviously isn't ideal. Other than "experience", are there any good tips on when to crouch? I know the benefits and the downsides but unless the opponent is really predictable it just feels like a bad gamble. Eventually I assume I'll start recognizing attacks from different characters and their properties, but in the meantime it just feels like I'm crouching at random. I've seen mids that hit above the characters head so it's not like visuals are very helpful unfortunately :sigh:

e: gotta say though, I'm having a ton of fun. I think I'm improving, and that feels great although I still haven't actually gone online, just played offline and against a friend

BattleTech posted:

Here have this 8 hit 97dmg(83 with no jump in but I'd use the jump in as a hit confirm), my goal is high damage easy pz combo's. http://xboxclips.com/Mechwarrior/9ab60fd1-a792-4762-a19f-a5f3f8bb8c95

Notation is jump in, 2--2, ex divekick, f4, 1-2-1+2

Thanks! Do standing combos work for Eliza (and presumably Akuma) because they fight like Street Fighter characters? I've tried a little getting combos with Eliza, but since she lacks a conventional launcher (like a hopkick) I haven't found a good way to initiate a combo.

Your Computer fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Jun 4, 2017

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
PC version is da bess.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I was starting to learn Katarina and then I learned this game has a Karin knockoff, so now I have to switch over. Also it sounds like she is a good character to learn sidestepping with

Ixiggle
Apr 28, 2009

Your Computer posted:

I've played a bunch more Jojo Claudio and he's probably my best character now, I really like his toolset but I'm super bad at punishing. Does he lack good punishers or have I just not found them? Everything seems to be either too slow to punish anything or too short range.
You're somewhat right, his block punishment isn't anything spectacular but he has options.
i10: 1,2
i12: f2, 2 - gives starburst and leaves you with lots of space to play your poke and approach game.
i14: df3,2 and df3,1 - good range, df 3,1 also gives combo at the wall.
i15: uf+4, df1,2 - standard launchers. Hopkick is safer but less dmg
i16: ff+2,1+2 - doesnt launch, but has great range and gives STB. I wanna say this is his farthest reaching move.
i16: STB f1+2, 1+2 - longest range launch he has

I bet if you get good at iWR 2 you can punish a lot of stuff but thats beyond me.

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005
I'm a sucker, a little fucker.
Anyone having issues with the game loading upon freezing? This is on PC. The only way to fix it for me is to restart my computer and it works totally fine.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

This looks like a good game. Think I might get it.

Why is Akuma in this?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I was starting to learn Katarina and then I learned this game has a Karin knockoff, so now I have to switch over. Also it sounds like she is a good character to learn sidestepping with

They're sisters, not a knock off!

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

Why is Akuma in this?

Because he was asked by Heihachi's wife to kill her husband and their son for being evil.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Why is Akuma in this?

Streetfighterxtekken was supposed to have an inverse tekken focused follow up but was not well liked and BN had the right and so tossed a popular char in T7 cause why not

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Ixiggle posted:

You're somewhat right, his block punishment isn't anything spectacular but he has options.
i12: f2, 2 - gives starburst and leaves you with lots of space to play your poke and approach game.
i16: ff+2,1+2 - doesnt launch, but has great range and gives STB. I wanna say this is his farthest reaching move.

I bet if you get good at iWR 2 you can punish a lot of stuff but thats beyond me.
Thank you, this is exactly what I've been looking for! This is the kind of info I wish I had for all the characters (though I guess it'll become available after a while)

Those are the same moves I figured out, except I don't think I've ever used df3,2 or df3,1. I just tried them out in practice mode now against a few moves and it's like the puzzle piece I've been missing! :aaa:

Why is Akuma in this?
Well the lore reason is: :iiam:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Akuma means "devil"

Tekken is about the devil gene.

Seems straightforward, a match made in hell

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Some guy kept owning me.

Then I smartened up and owned him.

COOL

This game's actually quite good.

Kikkoman
Nov 28, 2002

Posing along since 2005
PS4 connexion issues are a huge bummer and I can't believe the only official so far is "we'll stop showing ranks so people stop ducking each other"

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
I can't stop playing Katarina online and clowning people help. However it seems that the "show your rank" button is broken and it just shows some random person so I have no idea how elite and pro I actually am.

But yo I really hope they figure out connection issues. Even on PC it's a bit of a crapshoot and I've yet to actually find a tournament I can join.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Kikkoman posted:

PS4 connexion issues are a huge bummer and I can't believe the only official so far is "we'll stop showing ranks so people stop ducking each other"

The problem is that there's too many people playing the PS4 version for the connection system they're using

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
Claudio seems like kind of a boring fighter.

Bleep
Feb 7, 2004

Ixiggle posted:

At i14 you want to use b+2, it gives starburst, knocks down and is safe on block. It has enough range to punish things like Jack d/f+2 at maximum distance. It's a high, so if the other player does a -14 move that leaves them crouching you'll want to use d/f+3,1.

While standing punishment:
i11: WS+4 - Standard rising 4.
i12: WS+1,1 - Mid, high with limited range and -12 on block, but gives good frame advantage on hit (something like +8, not tested).
i15: WS+2 or u/f+4 - WS+2 is a launcher that gives you starburst at the start of a combo. It's -14 on block, use it for punishment only.

Yodzilla posted:

NO

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Yodzilla posted:

He's really basic, I'll give you that. He kicks and he punches and sometimes he does exorcism magic and his Starburst gimmick is super simple. As a beginner, I really appreciate how easy he is to use and I'm still having a blast using him :3: It's easy to resort to spamming gimmicky moves over and over with other characters and not really learn much (hi Lucky Chloe) which is also fun, but when it comes to actually learning how to play I think it's nice to have a basic character.

Also he has a bunch of JoJo references in his moves and customization and if you can't appreciate that I don't know what to tell you

Speaking of Claudio what's everyone's favorite combos with him?

Your Computer fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Jun 5, 2017

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Your Computer posted:

He's really basic, I'll give you that. He kicks and he punches

That's the entire cast of Tekken

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

In Training posted:

That's the entire cast of Tekken

Steve doesn't kick.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
Oh I wasn't doubting Claudio's style, I just need to look up some videos for how he's supposed to play because I've got zero flow.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Steve doesn't kick.

:staredog:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Finally got Eliza to download. I'm surprised they went with a "new character" and didn't just bring in Morrigan, since her move set is veerrrrrryyy familiar.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

repost from reddit:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon

Why is Akuma in this?

So you can have Akuma vs a Kuma become a reality.