Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Keegers posted:

repost from reddit:

SFV released on a Tuesday, Tekken released on a Thursday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Kikkoman posted:

PS4 connexion issues are a huge bummer and I can't believe the only official so far is "we'll stop showing ranks so people stop ducking each other"

Harada has said that they're looking into fixing the system as a whole iirc

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

2 more babby nub combo vids

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhgQe8GflpY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvyWM7Jkx3k

Also, Swamp thing spotted in t7, pulling double duty.

Bleep
Feb 7, 2004

Your Computer posted:

Speaking of Claudio what's everyone's favorite combos with him?

I might make a quick video going over Claudio if people are interested. His go to combos listed below off the top of my head. You can hold the second forward of f,f+4 to get closer before hitting 4.

u/f+4 or jump delay 4 with no starburst (or f+1+2, 1+2 with starburst, dash in before f+3):
f+3 S! f,f+4, b+3, f+2, b+4,2
Replace b+4,2 with u/f+3+4 for wall carry or 1+2 to break the floor. Rage art also connects after f+2.

u/f+4 or jump delay 4 with starburst:
b+2, 1, f,f+4, b+3, d+1,2 S! f,f,f+2

d/f+1,2 or WS+2:
easiest: b+3, f+2, 2,1,2 S! f,f,f+2 (or b+4,2 if you have trouble)
harder: b+3, f+2, (short dash) b+3, f+2, f+3 S! f,f,f+2

Starburst d+2,2:
easiest: WS+1, b+3, f+2, f+2, f+3 S! f,f,f+2
slightly harder: f,f+4, b+3, f+2, f+2, f+3 S! f,f,f+2
harder: CC f+3 S! f,f+4, b+3, f+2, b+4,2

CH d/b+3 can combo into the first two of those.

Wall splat with no starburst:
damage: d/f+3,2, d+1+2
oki: d/f+3,2, b+3
shenanigans: d/f+3,2, U/F to jump over. If they roll off the wall and end up back turned then this is guaranteed: d+1, WS+1,1, u/f+4, f+3 S! f,f,f+2

Wall splat with starburst:
backdash, b+2, d/f+3,2, d+1+2

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Someone judge my newbie Claudio combos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXoY7xn-kaE

I'm not good at writing Tekken notation, but I think they would be written like (in order of appearance):
u/f+4 b+3 f+3 WR2
d/f+1,2 b+3 1,2 f+3 WR2
STB d+2,2 3 1,2 f+3 WR2
STB f1+2, 1+2 f+3 WR2

Good damage and ridiculously easy to input, so maybe I'm missing some glaring flaw in them. Especially the first one, my bread and butter u/f+4 b+3 f+3 WR2 :v:

e:

Bleep posted:

I might make a quick video going over Claudio if people are interested. His go to combos listed below off the top of my head. You can hold the second forward of f,f+4 to get closer before hitting 4.
-snip-
Hey, thanks! I'd love to see a video. I'll try these out, but I'm wondering about one thing... I keep seeing combos using f,f+4 and the timing for them just seems unreasonably tight. Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

Your Computer fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Jun 5, 2017

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

quote:

u/f+4

1. f+1+2 ; S! ; f,f+4,3 ; f+1 ; f+3 ; b+1+2

Does this Feng combo work? It's a core combo here but Feng doesn't have an f+1, and the recovery from f,f+4,3 seems too long to land a 1 regardless. The f+3,4 variants seem to work fine.

Ixiggle
Apr 28, 2009
The combo you do 99% of the time is gonna be better than a combo you can do 70% of the time, no shame in simple stuff. You can get 50 dmg just doing launch, f3 S! WR 2.

What about off axis? I tend to drop a lot of off axis stuff but I think its because of the early f+3 in some of my combos, hard to pick up backturned folks after S!

Foodahn
Oct 5, 2006

Pillbug
Nobody asked for this, but here is baby's first Jack guide, compiled from various locations into one location here:

Good buttons:

2 or 2,1: 11 frame jab, the 2 is high, the 1 follow up is a mid though. 2 is even on block 2,1 is -3. Can sorta confirm into 2,1,2.

ff+1: 15ish frames mid. -6 on block. On hit you can do HCF,d/f+1.

d/f+2: 15 frame launcher. -14? Nice whiff punish and it also tracks right.

ff+3: 26ish slow startup mid, but plus on block. like +4? good for oki apparently but that's still beyond me at this stage.

Debugger (b, d/b, d, d/f + 1): 23ish startup low. Highcrushes and tracking (i think its only homing left? crazy good range though.

d/b+1: 12 frame low. -12 but pretty much impossible to see so if it's blocked, it's cause you're being too obvious.

d+4: 16? frames, -9 on block. High crush. Advantage on hit.

Basic combos (this is from memory so somethin may be wrong) (S! means the preceding attack was a screw attack, or whatever it's called.. they go flyin and spin):

Juggles:

d/f+2, 4, b+1, d/f+1,1 S! dash, b+3,2,2

WS1, f+4, d/f+1,1 S! dash, b+3,2,2

ff+2, u+1+2, 4, d/f+1,1 S! dash, b+3,2,2 (ff+2 is not a good combo starter but it's hilarious 18?ish frame startup, -16 on block, probably shouldn't hold down the 2 in ff+2 or the startup frames skyrocket to 35 or somethin)

Knockdowns:

ff+1+2, d/f+1,1 S! dash, b+3,2,2 (ff+1+2 is -15 on block and 15ish on startup)

d/f+1,2,1, d/f+1,1 S! dash, b+3,2,2

Low Parry combo:

4, b+1, d/f+1,1 S! dash, b+3,2,2

Command Grab:

d/f+2+4, b+1, d/f+1,1 S! dash, b+3,2,2 This is certainly not optimal. I know you can do at least one u+1+2 after this. And i'm almost positive i've seen two.

After a wallsplat you can do b+3,2, d/f+3+4. I'm not at a level that I do too many of these sooooo.. i guess idk.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Ixiggle posted:

The combo you do 99% of the time is gonna be better than a combo you can do 70% of the time, no shame in simple stuff.

Yeah, that's my thinking. Even my dog could probably input u/f+4 b+3 f+3 WR2 and it deals 53 damage which is only ~5 less than the much harder "standard" combo (mentioned in Nobi's and other vids). That's also why I'm wondering if there's something wrong with the combo, since it seems kinda too good to be true :v: I mean, I realize that in a real competitive setting you need to squeeze everything you can from your combos but for a beginner it feels like missing out on 5 damage is worth it for the ease of execution.

Also it seems like a lot of damage because with some other characters I struggle to make easy-ish combos that break 40 damage.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Evil Canadian posted:

Also, Swamp thing spotted in t7, pulling double duty.

I haven't done much with customization yet - can you play around with different looks and then commit to the total cost, or do you have to buy a piece and color at a time?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Medullah posted:

I haven't done much with customization yet - can you play around with different looks and then commit to the total cost, or do you have to buy a piece and color at a time?

You get a preview of it on the model when you have it highlighted but you have to actually buy it and set it to keep it on to model it with other parts.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

8-bit Miniboss posted:

You get a preview of it on the model when you have it highlighted but you have to actually buy it and set it to keep it on to model it with other parts.

That stinks. =/ Oh well...I blew a good chunk of my fight money unlocking a bunch of the videos so I need to grind a bit more before I start playing pretty princess anyway. :)

Bleep
Feb 7, 2004

Your Computer posted:

Hey, thanks! I'd love to see a video. I'll try these out, but I'm wondering about one thing... I keep seeing combos using f,f+4 and the timing for them just seems unreasonably tight. Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

I'd just recommend trying to hold the second forward longer. It buffers the f,f input for a long time, so you can use the f,f input to close the distance after f+3 then hit 4.

Ixiggle posted:

What about off axis? I tend to drop a lot of off axis stuff but I think its because of the early f+3 in some of my combos, hard to pick up backturned folks after S!

After f+3 you have a lot of time to side step before doing f,f+4. If you are on the players side or behind them, just go for f+3 S! f,f,f+2. If I do something like WS+2 off axis, I hit 1,2 and immediately go into f+3 S! f,f,f+2. I'm sure there are better things to do in specific off axis situations, but those are consistent.

Your Computer posted:

Yeah, that's my thinking. Even my dog could probably input u/f+4 b+3 f+3 WR2 and it deals 53 damage which is only ~5 less than the much harder "standard" combo (mentioned in Nobi's and other vids). That's also why I'm wondering if there's something wrong with the combo, since it seems kinda too good to be true :v: I mean, I realize that in a real competitive setting you need to squeeze everything you can from your combos but for a beginner it feels like missing out on 5 damage is worth it for the ease of execution.

Also it seems like a lot of damage because with some other characters I struggle to make easy-ish combos that break 40 damage.

You're giving up both damage and how far you carry people to the wall. The standard Claudio combo you see people do is very easy to do once you have it figured out. Importantly it gives you options to end in damage, wall carry, okizeme and rage art.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Bleep posted:

You're giving up both damage and how far you carry people to the wall. The standard Claudio combo you see people do is very easy to do once you have it figured out. Importantly it gives you options to end in damage, wall carry, okizeme and rage art.

But consider this; I just started playing this game, I barely even know how to block and the word "okizeme" might as well be "warblgarbl" to me. :v: I get what you're saying though.

Tekken is a ridiculously difficult game, so for those of us who haven't played any fighting games before it's nice to have some super simple inputs.

e: I appreciate the advice though, I really do! :3:

Your Computer fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Jun 5, 2017

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

Thanks for these vids. I always say it's better to do a 50 damage combo you hit 100% of the time vs a 55 damage combo you hit 75% of the time so these are nice.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
https://gfycat.com/OblongAmpleCranefly

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Anyone happen to have a screenshot of the Heihachi / kid Kazuya "quick time" event from story mode?

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired

Bleep
Feb 7, 2004

Your Computer posted:

But consider this; I just started playing this game, I barely even know how to block and the word "okizeme" might as well be "warblgarbl" to me. :v: I get what you're saying though.

Tekken is a ridiculously difficult game, so for those of us who haven't played any fighting games before it's nice to have some super simple inputs.

e: I appreciate the advice though, I really do! :3:

Haha sorry, I'm a bit too embedded in Tekken language. Okizeme means pressuring the other player after knocking them down. If you end a Claudio combo with u/f+3+4, you have time to dash in and continue your pressure, rather than sending them away with a damaging end to the combo. For example, you can dash up and do a mix up between side step 4 and side step then f+3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xezJ2yKfLpk

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I think this thread is actually the most informative place for Tekken 7 on the internet

Medullah posted:

Anyone happen to have a screenshot of the Heihachi / kid Kazuya "quick time" event from story mode?

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Jmcrofts posted:

Thanks for these vids. I always say it's better to do a 50 damage combo you hit 100% of the time vs a 55 damage combo you hit 75% of the time so these are nice.

Yeah I am checking them for consistency is one of my big things. My execution has always been dogshit so if I can't do it 5/5 tries it doesn't make the clip. That and im sure different enders/strings are better depending on the combo but trying to make them all same'ish ending sequences just for ease of remembering.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I think this thread is actually the most informative place for Tekken 7 on the internet

Awesome thanks!

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
:siren: leo players here's some poo poo :siren:

here's my draft of leo.txt
https://gist.github.com/jmszhao/4841a5b6f09cdf78294817a1e11a2828

pokes, lows, combos (still needs cleaning and i can't do half of them), punishes, and some random links at the bottom

foolish_fool
Jul 22, 2010
I've got a basic asuka strategy of "[insert launcher] 2,1,1+2 s! f,f+2,1+2" sorted and I like it because it seems to work for any launcher and is the easiest possible execution (only two buttons and one direction, no wacky diagonal stuff or WS etc). It also helps that the easiest launcher (f+2) also fits this paradigm. Other stuff inevitably does more damage but I think for me less is more.

I think though that I'm a bit spoilt by this choice as I haven't seen anyone else with easy combos that are remotely as easy except I guess the katerina 44444.

Bleep
Feb 7, 2004

:ssh:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtFnA_y7n0g

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

I have no idea what I'm doing but character customization is something I've been really missing in KoFXIV

It's important to note that his wings flutter and the jenga blocks fall off when he gets hit.

Game of the year.

Edit: I guess I should ask, a lot of Paul combos online say you can do qcf+1 after a launcher, but every time I do it he just jabs or whiffs a qcf+1. Is it just strict timing? I haven't been bothering with it but I tried to alter timing in training for a while and could never get it to land.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Bleep posted:

Haha sorry, I'm a bit too embedded in Tekken language. Okizeme means pressuring the other player after knocking them down. If you end a Claudio combo with u/f+3+4, you have time to dash in and continue your pressure, rather than sending them away with a damaging end to the combo. For example, you can dash up and do a mix up between side step 4 and side step then f+3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xezJ2yKfLpk

Thanks for the example and explanation! Videos like this are so much easier to understand than text, at least to me. I'll try to keep this stuff in mind as I improve. As of right now I'm having a tough enough time getting my inputs right and other basic things like trying to understand what's even going on in the match, so pressuring the opponent further isn't high on my list (or ability) but I can see how valuable it is and have definitely found myself in similar situations on the opposing side. Nothing more frustrating than being comboed and then they just keep going :v:

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

interrodactyl posted:

:siren: leo players here's some poo poo :siren:

here's my draft of leo.txt
https://gist.github.com/jmszhao/4841a5b6f09cdf78294817a1e11a2828

pokes, lows, combos (still needs cleaning and i can't do half of them), punishes, and some random links at the bottom

Thanks for this. One note though, df2 does NOT launch crouchers.

Also I tested punishing b1, 4 in training and it was launch punishable. Do I need to cancel it into something to make it + on block?

Jmcrofts fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Jun 5, 2017

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Holy poo poo the story mode framing is boring as hell. Who the gently caress hired this NPR reject sounding narrator?

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Yodzilla posted:

Holy poo poo the story mode framing is boring as hell. Who the gently caress hired this NPR reject sounding narrator?

I appreciated how bad all his lines were and how his delivery made them even worse :allears:

"Though it was noon, a thick fog of ash enveloped the sky in darkness. The blackened trees, the burning ground, the pungent, burnt air..."

"The place I once called home was now just an ashen field, and streets echoed with the memories of playing children and delivery trucks."

I'm pretty sure I wrote like that when I was 13.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
It reminded me a lot of Ace Combat 04. Man, now I wish Assault Horizon took place in the Tekken "real world," and be about the Zaibatsu/G Corp war.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
Has anyone else experienced crashes? I had it crash during story mode the other day and today it crashed while playing online in the middle of a match. I'm wondering if my Brook UFB is doing something it shouldn't...

Edit: On PS4.

8-bit Miniboss fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Jun 5, 2017

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide
It's pretty crazy how Akuma ends up as arguably the third main character of story mode when guest fighters are usually shunted into questionably canon side-events.

Also the cathedral music is great and you're wrong if you think otherwise

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I noticed playing today that landing Kazumi's b+1,2 has a differnt kind of hit effect and makes people grab their stomachs. I messed around in training mode and couldn't figure out what this state was or if its actually special at all or just an animation thing. The move doesn't have any symbols next to it or anything. Any help?

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

PunkBoy posted:

It reminded me a lot of Ace Combat 04. Man, now I wish Assault Horizon took place in the Tekken "real world," and be about the Zaibatsu/G Corp war.

Same. Except the 04 one while sounding extremely similar has more emotion to his voice and sounds like an actual human.

The cutscene where the t7 narrator actually "speaks" is so so bad

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Jmcrofts posted:

Thanks for this. One note though, df2 does NOT launch crouchers.

Also I tested punishing b1, 4 in training and it was launch punishable. Do I need to cancel it into something to make it + on block?

I updated it a bunch to deal with the mistakes: https://gist.github.com/jmszhao/4841a5b6f09cdf78294817a1e11a2828

df2 launched crouchers in tag 2! I guess not anymore.

All the frame data is off of here: http://rbnorway.org/t7-frame-data/

You're right though, it looks like b1,4 data is wrong. I'll probably have to go through and scrub the rest at some point, but I'm pretty much done screwing with it for today.

interrodactyl fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Jun 5, 2017

Trykt
Jul 30, 2000

Still training..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbKH0whLNrw

Lots of the music in this game is hype as gently caress but good lord this track is Incredibly My poo poo

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

OneDeadman posted:

Same. Except the 04 one while sounding extremely similar has more emotion to his voice and sounds like an actual human.

The cutscene where the t7 narrator actually "speaks" is so so bad

Oh yeah, the Ace Combat narrator actually put effort into it, haha. T7's is hilariously bad.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
the exclusive mode is tekken bowl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

interrodactyl posted:

the exclusive mode is tekken bowl

If this is true I think this might be the first game in a long while where I buy the season pass