Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrBond
Feb 19, 2004

FYI, Cheese NIPS are not the same as Cheez ITS

bobfather posted:

I also think the truetone screen is a downgrade, not an upgrade. I do photo editing on my iPad and the idea of the iPad dynamically altering screen temperature gives me a headache.

To be fair this is somewhat unique to your case. I would assume anyone sufficiently involved with color correctness already knows the caveat there and would know to turn it off. Someone working primarily with office documents or web probably finds it a good thing though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

I will analyze your nervous system for beer money

MrBond posted:

To be fair this is somewhat unique to your case. I would assume anyone sufficiently involved with color correctness already knows the caveat there and would know to turn it off. Someone working primarily with office documents or web probably finds it a good thing though.

I'm not sure it's totally unique - the Pro is marketed as being more suited for photo editing, and the pencil is quite powerful for making quick touch ups.

Is there a way to turn off the Truetone color shifting on the 9.7 inch Pros?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

bobfather posted:

I'm not sure it's totally unique - the Pro is marketed as being more suited for photo editing, and the pencil is quite powerful for making quick touch ups.

Settings - Display & Brightness

fordan
Mar 9, 2009

Clue: Zero

rio posted:

What are the things that people speculate Apple would improve with a v2 Pencil? One thing I don't like about it is not having a way to check the battery on the Pencil and not knowing until 5% what the battery life is. I also don't like that there is no way to keep it with the iPad - an elastic loop on the Smart Keyboard would have been great. I don't think that they would change either of these though so what are the issues that might be changed?

Eraser?

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!

And and right/alt click button on the shaft.

MrBond
Feb 19, 2004

FYI, Cheese NIPS are not the same as Cheez ITS

bobfather posted:

Sure, video and photo is part of the pitch, but again anyone who needs that will know to turn it off.

Makes the feature a wash in their primary use case, but maybe they'll be reading stuff later too :monocle:

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
Got an iPad Pro 9.7 for graduation. It's my third retina iDevice so I should be used to it, but man it's a really really nice screen. My 7+ feels small now. Only downside is that, while the battery lasts forever, it charges pitifully slow with a 12W adapter.

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

ASK ME ABOUT BEING A GROWNUP WHO FUCKS A REAL DOLL
That's why you need to get the 29W adapter. Congrats on graduating and getting a great device. Smart Keyboard with the other grad money!

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Girlfriend's 12.9" iPad Pro has a strange white/bright cluster near one of the edges, maybe an inch or under out from it. Even though it could be it doesn't look like stuck pixels. More like a blurred tiny blob of light. It's only noticeable on bright images and seems to disappear over anything that's dark. Anyone have a clue what's going on? It's not the worst most noticeable display issue but you know, it's an expensive device so it's always worth digging a little deeper.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
It's a display anomaly. Not much to say, really. Deal with it or get it fixed.

poolside toaster
Jul 12, 2008
Hi folks, my PC just died and with it the 99% of my music library that was not purchased through iTunes.

My iPad, however, has a full copy of this library. How can I transfer these files from my iPad to my PC (so that I can then reintegrate them into iTunes)?

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
I'm probably way out of date but there's a program called senuti (that's iTunes backwards) that could pull music off of iPods and iPhones back in the day. It might still work.

Edit: looks like it's Mac only and not free.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Does Sharepod still work?

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla
120hz on the new 10.5" iPad Pro 👅💦💦💦

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
Just as the leak suggested, the new 10.5" Pro is the same size as the old 9.7" just with thinner bezels.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
lol at Apple systematically sherlocking the entire Readdle product line.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
really hope someone shows all those new good iPad features on the 9.7

Seriously thinking of selling my MacBook.

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

I will analyze your nervous system for beer money
So just to be clear, the 9.7" iPad Pro is done, right? Only 1 year for that model...

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

I got the impression there were going to be 3 but I could be wrong.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

bobfather posted:

So just to be clear, the 9.7" iPad Pro is done, right? Only 1 year for that model...

I know own a classic. Awesome.

It's going to be like those iPad 3's with 30 pin connectors.

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

I was wrong. It's just the 2 models.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Krispy Kareem posted:

I know own a classic. Awesome.

It's going to be like those iPad 3's with 30 pin connectors.

as long as it can do all the new fancy multitasking and the OCR camera stuff, minus the 120hz pencil poo poo, I think you'll be just fine.

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

I didn't see a huge reason to upgrade, thankfully.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
I'm glad I ended up returning my Pro last month. My iPad 3 is slowing biting it but is still functional. I'll wait a bit before pulling the trigger again.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Matt Zerella posted:

as long as it can do all the new fancy multitasking and the OCR camera stuff, minus the 120hz pencil poo poo, I think you'll be just fine.

I'm not worried. This will usable and mistaken for a regular iPad for many many years since all the Pro models are now very distinctive looking.

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib
I was really bored with WWDC until the iPad iOS 11 specific stuff. Wow. Really looking forward to this now as it seems like it went from over-sized phone to real tablet PC of sorts.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
The drag and drop stuff, new app switcher, and dock really, really make the case that the new iPad Pros are finally blending the line between laptop and mobile device. It's still like 70-30 but it's far closer than it ever has been (and a far cry from the "Post-PC era" heralded by the first iPad).

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber
I assume the 10.5 still has a dumb camera bump, huh?

I keep thinking about upgrading my Air1, but I really like using it flat on a table.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
Unless I'm mistaken, are the two iPad Pros identical spec-wise except for the screen size?

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Thwomp posted:

Unless I'm mistaken, are the two iPad Pros identical spec-wise except for the screen size?
And resolution, yeah. The tech spec page is mostly shown in one column.

Technically the battery is different, too, but they both have a 10 hour life claimed.

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
NOBODY WANTS TO SEE PICTURES OF YOUR UGLY FUCKING KIDS YOU DIPSHIT
So is the biggest pro getting a refresh ever?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
It just did

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

beergod posted:

So is the biggest pro getting a refresh ever?

Yeah you can literally order it right now.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Oh poo poo. I thought the new iPad dock was a physical dock.

A new app dock is so much more interesting.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

It's not possible to pre-order for store pickup, is it?

ddogflex
Sep 19, 2004

blahblahblah

qirex posted:

I did that with the first Air and it was the biggest mistake ever. I had to wait in line so loving long. Just get it shipped to you if that's an option.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

qirex posted:

Nope. Otherwise I'd be where in NYC to pick up. Oh well.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I live 3 blocks from an Apple store, I'll just wait until they have the model I want in stock and pick it up then. I'm not in a hurry. I've done this several times and it works great since the store pretty much always has a couple hundred people in it.

mAlfunkti0n
May 19, 2004
Fallen Rib
There will be no shortage of iPad Pro's when it is released so I would just take your time if you don't want it shipped to your house.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I missed the supported device list, is the mini 4 gonna get all the cool multitasking stuff