Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Iskanderson
Apr 16, 2009

IcePhoenix posted:

I love reading all the stuff going on in everyone's TEW-verses so please keep posting them

I imported the wcw reborn database in and spent some time digging wcw out of the gutter, Chavo Guerrero Jr. and Vader became a great tag team that I eventually let go to the WWF because my roster was getting crowded. By summerslam 2005, Chavo and Vader are in their second reign as tag champs, Chavo is the intercontinental champion and just beat Bryan Danielson in the main event for the vacant WWF world title.

I left WCW to see what the AI would do with them, and they have seen fit to have Kurt Angle drop the world title to Jun Akiyama, who would then lose it to Carlito. Meanwhile The Rock, Ric Flair, William Regal, Steve Austin, CM Punk, Undertaker, Edge, Kane, Eddie Guerrero, Shawn Michaels and Triple H all can't seem to get world title matches.

Iskanderson fucked around with this message at 06:38 on May 30, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

So WWF champions in my ECW game have included Triple H, Steve Austin, Ken Shamrock, Goldust & Road Dogg and Jeff Jarrett just won it on a random RAW. Challengers have included the Headbangers, Brian Lee, Don Harris, Marc Mero, Kama Mustafa and The Mountie alongside the expected champions.

In the meantime, WCW haven't been out there at all. There hasn't been any out there World champions or even challengers and their shows have been generally really great.

Imasalmon
Mar 19, 2003

Meet me in the Hall of Fame
This champions game is pretty fun. Sent a request to join gWo. Game name is the same as my forums name.

Imasalmon fucked around with this message at 16:21 on May 30, 2017

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
In my 1995 game that is about 8 months in WWF has added a tag team "The Cyber Squad" who can forget that classic tag team of 123 kid and Duke Droese. It makes me giggle every time I see it.

and Vince is burying Shawn Michaels for some reason, he had Jeff Jarrett take the IC title from him and Michaels has steadily been losing to various upper mid and midcard talent since Meanwhile Jarrett is working the main event. Talk about backing the wrong horse. I also haven't seen Bret Hart in a match on WWF tv in about 3 months and he isn't injured.

WCW hilariously signed "Nailz" and he is eternal World television champion with like 12 defenses at this point.

Hulk Hogan let Kevin Sullivan go over him for the WCW World Heavyweight Championship...and Hogan has since just been feuding with The shark while Kevin Sullivan is being pushed hard with the belt against challengers like Lex Luger, Sting , and ...... Samu?

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
The one time I seriously played a booking sim, I got bored after a few ingame months and tried to bomb WWE rates as hard as possible, so I booked a feud between Hornswoggle and Khali.

I'm so, so, sorry. I didn't think it would actually happen.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Man Lesnar is the king of bullshit one-turn-KO cascades.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Julio Cruz posted:

Man Lesnar is the king of bullshit one-turn-KO cascades.

I hate Cena in this game more than I hate his actual peak bullshit Super Cena booking.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

LvK posted:

The one time I seriously played a booking sim, I got bored after a few ingame months and tried to bomb WWE rates as hard as possible, so I booked a feud between Hornswoggle and Khali.

I'm so, so, sorry. I didn't think it would actually happen.

The key to getting your bearings with a booking sim is to start with a smaller company. Booking something like modern day WWE is mind numbing, it makes you understand why WWE creative is so boring.

Running a small fed with one 90 min weekly show and a PPV is perfect, it doesn't take you ages to make progress.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
^^^^^^One thing to add to that, if you want to play as WWE, just edit the database beforehand and pare their shows down to a reasonable number. I'm playing my own promotion right now, but I played as WWE in my first file and after you get rid of Raw's third hour and cancel the B-shows, it's pretty reasonable. I think I actually changed both Raw and Smackdown to an hour and a half, now that I think about it, which made it even easier.

CapitalistPig posted:

In my 1995 game that is about 8 months in WWF has added a tag team "The Cyber Squad" who can forget that classic tag team of 123 kid and Duke Droese. It makes me giggle every time I see it.

Hahahaha, that's the name I'm using in my game for a tag team of Chris Masters and Colt Cabana, with the idea that they're doing a parody/homage of Techno Team 2000/90's kids shows.

Perry Normal fucked around with this message at 19:10 on May 30, 2017

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

CapitalistPig posted:

Hulk Hogan let Kevin Sullivan go over him for the WCW World Heavyweight Championship...and Hogan has since just been feuding with The shark while Kevin Sullivan is being pushed hard with the belt against challengers like Lex Luger, Sting , and ...... Samu?

I'm told Samu actually has really, weirdly good stats in that mod, so he's probably not a bad choice with a proper push.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Xerzes posted:

I'm told Samu actually has really, weirdly good stats in that mod, so he's probably not a bad choice with a proper push.

Honestly, the least believable part of it is that Hogan let Sullivan go over him.

Iskanderson
Apr 16, 2009
You can do okay with a major company by having the auto-booker just spit out the b shows, since they won't book anyone over midcard. Then if you want to throw in a promo or squash match for the upper midcarders or main eventers you can.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Today's the big Fire Pro event. Here's the news so far from FPWArena.

quote:

Things we know at this point (event still ongoing):
At least 100 new moves.
Every move will be renameable.
No default edit will be based on a real wrestler.
They reconfirmed the use of the Steam workshop for the up- and download of edits.
They are considering using it to upload "official" edits.

https://twitter.com/DG_Jae/status/869899189739704320'
https://twitter.com/DG_Jae/status/869902215456083974

Call Me Charlie fucked around with this message at 14:04 on May 31, 2017

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
For online they need to let you select between "work" and "shoot" modes. "Shoot" would just be competitive where you try to win, but "work" would be "cooperative" to try and get the best match rating

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Blood on the mat
:getin:

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
https://twitter.com/awesome_WM32/status/869901208030289922/photo/1

- MP3s for entrance music. But not for early access.
- No release date. "Before summer vacation, I think"
- Another event is happening 6/21

https://twitter.com/DG_Jae/status/869906268114231296

Call Me Charlie fucked around with this message at 14:23 on May 31, 2017

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Fire Pro Names, 2017: Steel Johnson, Karts Rowdy, Bobby Bobby, Dag Boomer, Mr. Cobra, Blan Fleming, Blood Angel

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
https://twitter.com/awesome_WM32/status/869917449788858368

(and man, the blood on the mat looks terrible in reality. hopefully they work on it some more before final release)

https://twitter.com/awesome_WM32/status/869918034873401344
https://twitter.com/awesome_WM32/status/869918352579239936

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I can't tell if it looks good or terrible

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
There should be a mat blood option shader, where you either get little specs at most all the way to fighting in a blood-filled pool that explodes when you touch the sides.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

What a time to be alive

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

I had to go look up who that was, and now I can't stop laughing like an idiot.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

C. Everett Koop posted:

There should be a mat blood option shader, where you either get little specs at most all the way to fighting in a blood-filled pool that explodes when you touch the sides.

Did one of the Smackdown games have blood buildup on the mat? Or was that a fever dream

Iskanderson
Apr 16, 2009

triplexpac posted:

Did one of the Smackdown games have blood buildup on the mat? Or was that a fever dream

I think one or both of the acclaim ecw games did that.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

ShootaBoy posted:

I had to go look up who that was, and now I can't stop laughing like an idiot.

That's incredible.

It's Jamie Noble

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

IcePhoenix posted:

That's incredible.

It's Jamie Noble

I thought it was the Rock and Roll Express guy. This is so much better.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

triplexpac posted:

A couple of them did from like 08 up. As the games progressed the blood faded faster and faster until the the current gen came out and it just doesn't do it anymore.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
The weirdest part is that I actually just hired Jamie Noble as a road agent. So he actually left WWE just as he became engaged to the owner of the company. Makes sense.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
so close to 3*ing Kofi and Cena in Champions and drat I am suddenly feeling the lack of coins

Budget Dracula
Jun 6, 2007

Video of full matches from that Fire Pro event held recently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAOF2vLSN0o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMdi-oe6dvo

Budget Dracula fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Jun 2, 2017

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

I'm the guy constantly kicking and attempting double leg takedowns on empty air

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

I would love Fire Pro so much more if it had VPW/No Mercy controls.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

I don't understand why they position the ring like that.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Davros1 posted:

Makes it easier to do corner moves because they're on the cardinal directions, maybe?

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
Probably so there's not a "back" side of the ring where your view is half obstructed.

Perry Normal fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Jun 4, 2017

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tekken 7 has a bunch of NJPW customization stuff in it. Also with a trainer it supports 21:9

punchdaily
Nov 8, 2010

Davros1 posted:

It's for practicality purposes. Isometric perspective is used because that way you only have to draw the characters from two directions (22.5 front facing and 112.5 degrees back facing) and then mirror them. If you had the ring head on and wanted to use the front and back ropes you'd have to draw an additional direction, and front and back views are sort of difficult to animate in. It also makes it too likely that things will get obscured if a lot is going on at once.

It's why so many strategy RPGs are in this perspective (Final Fantasy Tactics, Shadowrun, etc), and those that aren't tend to have battle cut scenes instead of the fights happening on the field.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

If there's anyone inactive in LLJK in supercard I'd like a spot. Roster is full right now.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Picked up an old TEW16 game in which Ryback started a local fed in Vegas and started a "wrestler's union" (alliance) with AAW and PWG and DDT and Stardom and OTT. I like how reactive titles are now to their use, prestige is more like worker momentum than anything else. And the AI is pretty good about respecting the prestige of shared titles. Caristico and a top DDT guy have the tag titles and are keeping it at A prestige with 10 defenses. But AAW gave the inaugural world title run to Homicide and he wasn't a great champ so I gave it to Adam Cole. Meanwhile I changed my product to a more performance-focused type and top heel Cole demanded a 40% raise in response. WWE fired a bunch of their women's division so Sasha Banks is going into a program against The Big Guy soon.

I wish I didn't have to choose between a thorough real world mod and a well-balanced one. Everybody out at WWE has massive stats but Tyler Bate and Pete Dunne are exactly as good as random mid-south mook #042

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Basic Chunnel posted:

Picked up an old TEW16 game in which Ryback started a local fed in Vegas and started a "wrestler's union" (alliance) with AAW and PWG and DDT and Stardom and OTT. I like how reactive titles are now to their use, prestige is more like worker momentum than anything else. And the AI is pretty good about respecting the prestige of shared titles. Caristico and a top DDT guy have the tag titles and are keeping it at A prestige with 10 defenses. But AAW gave the inaugural world title run to Homicide and he wasn't a great champ so I gave it to Adam Cole. Meanwhile I changed my product to a more performance-focused type and top heel Cole demanded a 40% raise in response. WWE fired a bunch of their women's division so Sasha Banks is going into a program against The Big Guy soon.

I wish I didn't have to choose between a thorough real world mod and a well-balanced one. Everybody out at WWE has massive stats but Tyler Bate and Pete Dunne are exactly as good as random mid-south mook #042

Yeah, I had to do a TON of editing in the real world mod. Even top indy workers were unusable garbage with like C- psychology and basics. It was like Jim Cornette made the mod.