Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oswald Kesselpot
Jan 14, 2008

HONK HONK HONK

ThinkTank posted:

Preds shoulda challenged

Ref: what are you challenging?
Laviolette: that 87 guy too good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

ThinkTank posted:

Me too. It was close as hell and certainly worth the risk.

Forsberg channelling his inner Henrik Sedin.

Even if the puck didn't go over before him it can still be onsides if it was deemed he had control as he entered the zone which you could obviously have argued he did

Normal Not Odd
Nov 5, 2003

what a t e r r i b l e world

what a b e a u t i f u l world
That was caps-level too cute with the passing

beetlo
Mar 20, 2005

Proud forums lurker!
Wow they actually called a real penalty

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
I disagree with this turn of events.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

If Malkin isn't in the box for that stunt, refs in the tank.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Well Pierre they're right in front of you. What are they saying?

No idea guys but here's their report cards from elementary school along with quotes from their favorite teachers

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

PP looks ok but phil is pushin too many passes imo

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

iospace posted:

hitting your own player?

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Ginette Reno posted:

Even if the puck didn't go over before him it can still be onsides if it was deemed he had control as he entered the zone which you could obviously have argued he did

I have no idea where the "had control" thing suddenly came from. Offsides has never been called like that. The only time an attacker can precede the puck into the zone is if a player is skating backwards which Crosby objectively was not.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
Malkin is a big dumb animal

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

iospace posted:

refs in the tank.

Already established. That doesn't mean you give up, though, and it's a shame Nashville took two and a half games to cram that into the space their brains haven't heat-expanded into.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
I kinda wish the Pens' PP wouldn't spend so much time along the side boards

Taking a penalty near the end of a period is the worst though, it means the other team can use its PP1 the entire power play

Which is especially bad in the Penguins' case since their PP1 scores like 97% of their power play goals

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

"refs in the tank" - losers credo

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

ThinkTank posted:

I have no idea where the "had control" thing suddenly came from. Offsides has never been called like that. The only time an attacker can precede the puck into the zone is if a player is skating backwards which Crosby objectively was not.

Yeah I don't know it must not have been close either way or Nashville would have surely challenged

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

lets show this video with no audio

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

iospace posted:

Oh they're in the tank alright, just not the one you think.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

THE UNDER WOOD

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer
Carrie Underwood please bitch slap Mike Milbury.

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

:love: HOTLANTA :love:
IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS
It amazing how much the NHL stands to benefit from the Pittsburgh Penguins Hockey Club win the Stanley Cup for the second time in a row. I mean how bad would it be to have a first time champion in a potential hotbed in the south by leveraging its unique environment from other sports. It would be POISON for Bettman with Nashville wins. It definitely keeps him awake at night....because of his uncomfortable greed boner because holy loving poo poo

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

"reffing is fair and balanced" - pittsburgh pengiuns, new england patriots, cleveland cavaliers

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Captain Internet posted:

It amazing how much the NHL stands to benefit from the Pittsburgh Penguins Hockey Club win the Stanley Cup for the second time in a row. I mean how bad would it be to have a first time champion in a potential hotbed in the south by leveraging its unique environment from other sports. It would be POISON for Bettman with Nashville wins. It definitely keeps him awake at night....because of his uncomfortable greed boner because holy loving poo poo

:agreed:

never trust a bet man

Thufir
May 19, 2004

"The fucking Mayans were right."

Ginette Reno posted:

Yeah I don't know it must not have been close either way or Nashville would have surely challenged

I think they're perfect all season in offside challenges they've made or something close so I'm going to trust the video guy.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Pleads posted:

"reffing is fair and balanced" - pittsburgh pengiuns, new england patriots, cleveland cavaliers

i think you'll find, that the cleveland basketball cavaliers, led by lebron james, are down 2-0 to the golden state basketball warriors

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

ThinkTank posted:

it's from the rules, which are of course, consummately vague

However, a player actually controlling the puck who shall cross the line ahead of the puck shall not be considered “off-side,” provided he had possession and control of the puck prior to his skates crossing the blue line.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Captain Internet posted:

No no no, the proper argument to make is that NBC controls the NHL, and thus the refs, and, if the TV schedule is any indication, the only two teams whose existence NBC is even aware of are the Penguins and Blackhawks.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Pleads posted:

a patriot fan would never think or say this

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

triple sulk posted:

i think you'll find, that the cleveland basketball cavaliers, led by lebron james, are down 2-0 to the golden state basketball warriors

Yeah but look how they got there.

#makesuthink

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
kessel had a good jawline as a prospect

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

omfg this ninja warrior commercial "WERE HEROES" bitch you run up a wall.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
Cherry "These are the cream of the cream."

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Pleads posted:

I feel like James Harden takes up all of the "refs are fair" takes in the NBA by himself.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Holy cow someone shrunk that kid's face

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
This is always awkward, its great

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

:love: HOTLANTA :love:
IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS
"The NHL wants our team to lose" - fans of a team what made it to the SCF despite the illuminati plotting against them. The illuminati so bumbling it actually allowed them to beat the most popular team in the league in a sweep.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Eichel giving Grapes a gift is still funny.

Flocons de Jambon
Apr 11, 2015
Just name a band for chrissakes

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

seems like carrie underwood really disliked milbury, maybe she's not so bad after all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

• Locked thread