Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Moxie posted:

Penguins still look quite good. I just wish they would stop giving the puck away.

Probably their best game this series. Just losing the goalie battle for once. oh well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Wonderllama posted:

Am I the only one that is terrified they do start MAF and he owns bones?

Heisenberg's goalie, he's either great or lies on the ice out of position dead and you can't predict which.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Worst case scenario: Murray starts Game 5 but gets chased, MAF gets a 47 save shutout in Game 6 and then makes 49 saves in a 1-0 Game 7 loss, followed by the Penguins deciding to keep him and trade Murray away ahead of the expansion draft

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Really hope the Preds get a potential closeout game at home in game 6. This crowd is too much fun.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Opals25 posted:

Lets go Preds!

This GIF may or may not be my spirit animal.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Opals25 posted:

Lets go Preds!

Hahaha

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Waltzing Along posted:

Really hope the Preds get a potential closeout game at home in game 6. This crowd is too much fun.

If the Preds have to win the Cup then I at least hope it's in 6 games for this reason

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Waltzing Along posted:

:same:

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.
lol at anyone that thinks the preds are going to win after either of these games

lol at anyone that thought hte pens were going to win after the first two games

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
i never knew how much i needed to see charles barkley do nhl commentary until right now

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

lol

Siroc
Oct 10, 2004

Ray, when someone asks you if you're a god, you say "YES"!

Raylen posted:

Donald Trump wants the Nashville Predators to win

I'm trying my best not to press the report button for this post.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Siroc posted:

Be the change you want to see in the world.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

I kinda wouldn't mind making it illegal for goalies to play the puck beyond the hash marks. Goalies coming out to play the puck kills a bunch of breakaways. The Preds forwards actually held off there fearing that Murray would play it past them.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

Opals25 posted:

Lets go Preds!

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

I remember the good old days, when the Penguins won the Stanley Cup with Scuderi, Orpik and Hal Gill among their defensemen

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Siroc posted:

You can do it I believe in you

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Call me crazy but I think the Pens might still win this game. They've been pretty good.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Oh my godddd rinne

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

ThinkTank posted:

I kinda wouldn't mind making it illegal for goalies to play the puck beyond the hash marks. Goalies coming out to play the puck kills a bunch of breakaways. The Preds forwards actually held off there fearing that Murray would play it past them.

no way man i loved HASEK's insane dives

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Ginette Reno posted:

Call me crazy but I think the Pens might still win this game. They've been pretty good.

This game's pretty exactly what we all worried about coming into this series though: Pens are pretty good, get some chances, but the defensemen are just too drat weak to hold up.

And it looks like Sully is prepared to go down playing Hainsey and Maatta near 20 minutes each to the bitter end, which I may never quite understand

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Hainsey :negative:

Oswald Kesselpot
Jan 14, 2008

HONK HONK HONK

ThinkTank posted:

I wish they would get rid of the trapezoid and let goalies actually play the puck more.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Opals25 posted:

Lets go Preds!

Shut it down. We've hit peak awesomeness. :perfect:

Hip Now and Wow! posted:

Man, you are really bothered by the Penguins crushing the Jackets.

Yeah, I mean, that's an acceptable response to have given the results and being a fan of the team, right?

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

who the gently caress are they passing to?

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Hip Now and Wow! posted:

I wish they would get rid of the trapezoid and let goalies actually play the puck more.

I wish they would just let goalies go anywhere they want but make them fair game if they leave the crease

It bugs me the way they're allowed to just chill out behind the net basically sticking their tongues out at opposing forwards and saying "neener neener"

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Eric the Mauve posted:

This game's pretty exactly what we all worried about coming into this series though: Pens are pretty good, get some chances, but the defensemen are just too drat weak to hold up.

And it looks like Sully is prepared to go down playing Hainsey and Maatta near 20 minutes each to the bitter end, which I may never quite understand

Their d has been fine this game. Murray's just been out dueled tonight. Chances have felt about even to me.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Hip Now and Wow! posted:

You seem to have forgotten Turco and Brodeur acting as a third defenceman in the trap. It suuuuucked.

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.
Can't believe we didn't give up a goal on that preds pp there at the end.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

I wonder when the Pens will remember how to pass.

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.

Eric the Mauve posted:

I wish they would just let goalies go anywhere they want but make them fair game if they leave the crease

It bugs me the way they're allowed to just chill out behind the net basically sticking their tongues out at opposing forwards and saying "neener neener"
i think goalies are getting run enough already only in the crease

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Good news is the Pens can expect probably two power plays in the third period

Well.. I think that's good news

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

Ginette Reno posted:

Their d has been fine this game. Murray's just been out dueled tonight. Chances have felt about even to me.

Yeah Rinne has pulled a few bonkers saves out his rear end to keep it this score.

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

:love: HOTLANTA :love:
IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS
I hope the pens don't take away the wrong lesson there and think that they need to make pretty passes to beat Rinne instead realize they are not calling interference or hooking in the slot or crease so just get yoke some dudes and take away their hands.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Zyla posted:

no way man i loved HASEK's insane dives

Where goalies are concerned, Hasek is the exception to every rule. For that one Gaborik flip there have been ten thousand breakaways taken away by the goalie rushing out to play it. If goalies were forced to stay in the net there would be another breakaway every game or two which is a good thing imo and worth losing the very rare cool goalie forward collision.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Captain Internet posted:

I hope the pens don't take away the wrong lesson there and think that they need to make pretty passes to beat Rinne instead realize they are not calling interference or hooking in the slot or crease so just get yoke some dudes and take away their hands.

I'm worried about Sully taking the wrong lessons from this and scratching Archibald and/or putting Kunitz back in the top six. These lines have actually worked decently well.

I would swap Hornqvist and Rust though. Horny plays better with Sid and Rust plays better with Malkin.

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

i would like to see crosby play 10 mins in the 3rd plz

Oswald Kesselpot
Jan 14, 2008

HONK HONK HONK

ThinkTank posted:

You seem to have forgotten Turco and Brodeur acting as a third defenceman in the trap. It suuuuucked.

The trap in general blows, but good puck moving goalies are artists that should be stifled.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/strombone1/status/871910474429935616

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

CHUCK BARK!

:woof:

• Locked thread