Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

Perfect time to pick up the five Clone Saga books for $20. Still probably too much $ but that's like 2500 pages of comics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I mean, I got the Onslaught books, so it's not like I can judge.

SMP
May 5, 2009

DC can't even consistently put up weekly sales on Comixology.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
I'm tapping out at 48 bucks. Changed a few singles to TPBs because of the price. I wonder if they will do this again. It's really insane. Might have to stop the 99 cent single issues.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I wonder if this crazy sale has to do with Marvel comics being put on Comixology Unlimited this week.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

SMP posted:

DC can't even consistently put up weekly sales on Comixology.

Do they mean to do weekly sales? I looked back and the last three (Bane, Injustice, WW) were regularly every two weeks.
It's gonna be hard not to be spoiled by this Amazon thing, but I feel like DC's are usually more packed and interesting.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Jun 4, 2017

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

TheManWithNoName posted:

Perfect time to pick up the five Clone Saga books for $20. Still probably too much $ but that's like 2500 pages of comics.

Don't forget the 6 Complete Ben Reilly books too!

Russad
Feb 19, 2011

Zachack posted:

Yeah the couple things I bought just now have merged, it's just everything else.

Did you ever figure this out? I finally merged my accounts today, and new stuff I buy shoes up in comixology, but none of the stuff I bought before the merge has. It's been about 6 or 7 hours so far.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

What is the peak Jack Kirby that is available on this Marvel sale?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Detective No. 27 posted:

What is the peak Jack Kirby that is available on this Marvel sale?

Fantastic four and Thor epic along with Masterworks.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Haven't read it, but I'm guessing that'd be The Eternals, which was him returning from The New Gods with full creative credits.
But for Lee/Kirby, Fantastic Four is obviously the thing.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Also Kirby Madbomb and the rest of his cap run. Hiw Black Panther is also pretty bonkers. I just finished his Externals and personally it was not that great, but his Devil Dinosaur is pretty loving good.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Russad posted:

Did you ever figure this out? I finally merged my accounts today, and new stuff I buy shoes up in comixology, but none of the stuff I bought before the merge has. It's been about 6 or 7 hours so far.

I sent an email yesterday and they said it can take 72 hours to merge (I half assume it has to do with the weekend). Hasn't merged yet but I'll wait until Tuesday or so before asking again (which support said to do).

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

Zachack posted:

I sent an email yesterday and they said it can take 72 hours to merge (I half assume it has to do with the weekend). Hasn't merged yet but I'll wait until Tuesday or so before asking again (which support said to do).

72 hours sounds about right. The few things I bought before merging my accounts Friday arvo have finally popped up on Comixology just now.

Food Guy
Oct 10, 2012
This sale has been pretty good for me. Grabbed the following:

- All of the original Excalibur trades
- Avengers AI
- Cable and X Force
- The last New Avengers AIM trade
- Avengers Academy
- Wolverine and the X Men (the Aaron ones)
- Greg Pak's Incredible Hercules
- The Totally Awesome Hulk
- All New Wolverine Vol 3

If its still going when I get payed tomorrow night, I'm tempted to go and buy some more stuff. Are there any recommendations for some more obscure stuff, so like stuff that's not about the Avengers and X-Men and the other big Marvel characters

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Have you read Tom King's Vision? He's an Avenger, but it's very non-traditional.

Warren Ellis' Moon Night is really unique. Very little focus on an overriding story. Just six one-and-done scenarios for the character to solve, and they're all plotted entirely differently to each other. One little trade's worth and Ellis' run is over, but it leaves a big impression.

Charles Soule's She-Hulk focused on her being a super-lawyer rather than a regular punchy hero. That was really fun.

Superior Foes of Spider-Man was a great comedy/crime-caper book focusing on a band of small-time Spider-Man villains.

Nextwave: Agents of HATE, as I understand it (I need to get to reading it) is an irreverent, anarchic, weirdo superteam comic everyone loves.

Steve Gerber's Howard The Duck, Man-Thing and Omega The Unknown are all pretty out of the norm and worth investigating if you can stand 70's comics.

There's also Miracleman (Early British Alan Moore work acquired by Marvel) and the Dark Tower comics (Stephen King adaptations) that don't even take place in the Marvel Universe.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Jun 5, 2017

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
And the Marvel crazy sale continues still.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Has the marvel unlimited android app fixed panel view, and are the scans still lower quality?

SMP
May 5, 2009

Teenage Fansub posted:

Do they mean to do weekly sales? I looked back and the last three (Bane, Injustice, WW) were regularly every two weeks.
It's gonna be hard not to be spoiled by this Amazon thing, but I feel like DC's are usually more packed and interesting.

They're generally weekly, but it seems like they take weeks off before they do a big promotional tie-in sale.

Also they just extended last week's WW sale :effort:

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

MazelTovCocktail posted:

And the Marvel crazy sale continues still.

God I wish you hadn't said that. Just went back and picked up Secret Avengers and Totally Awesome Hulk.

Edging dangerously close to triple digits on this one.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

There's no way DC are attempting to do weekly sales.

edit: Looking back at the year...

quote:

Jan10th ish

1 month (missed a bunch?)

Feb 7th ish

2 weeks

Feb 21st ish

1 week

Feb 28th ish

2 weeks

March 15th ish Batwoman sale

2 weeks

March 28th ish

1 week

April4th ish

2 weeks

April 18th ish

1 week

April25th ish

1 week

May2nd ish

2 weeks

May16th ish

2 weeks

May30th ish

...it's just slightly favouring fortnightly. You definitely can't count on them having one every week, unless there's a new title, anniversary or movie launch.

I still think they're more inspired than the other side, which will have a sale every time, but usually only one or two runs and some collections if you're lucky (again, not counting the Amazon thing.)
If MU wasn't around, they'd definitely be more exciting.

edit edit: I wouldn't exactly say either side is bad at sales. Thanks for occasionally less expensive comics, giant corporations!

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Jun 6, 2017

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

SMP posted:

Also they just extended last week's WW sale :effort:

They aren't actually exactly the same, but they're so close I don't know why they bothered. It looks like there's four new books in the More Wonder Woman Stories section, and I know up until early evening at least the New 52 singles only went up to 25, though the Part 1 page now shows all 56 too. Not that it mattered much, since the trades were all there last time and now.

My favorite thing is that this preserves the collection of Perez's 1-7 and Perez's 1-14 collections being priced equally for another week, just in case you really hate money I guess.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Looks like the sale 'ended' on Amazon, as the books are now half off the normal price, which I imagine is what they were originally suppose to been listed at. Oh well I got pretty much anything I could think of wanting outside of spending a ton of money on the complete X-Men or Spider-Man run or all the build up to Secret War books.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

DC should have just put all the stinking WW books on sale. What is the god damned use of doing vol 1 from the hundred different collections.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

To hook you on for the full priced further vols, doy. Drug dealer tactics.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr Hootington posted:

DC should have just put all the stinking WW books on sale. What is the god damned use of doing vol 1 from the hundred different collections.

They should also have a unlimited service, have regular sales....look DC in the digital sales arena is still years behind Marvel, so it's baby steps ahoy. On the bright side they've finally switched the comic quality part of the balance with Marvel. :v:

Though in this case it's to give people a first taste, it's a sale meant for newer fans, not long term ones.

Oh people should be using Hoopla if your library membership gives you access. It has an insane amount of DC stuff, even never stuff like the first two volumes of the various Rebirth trades. You get 10 titles a month to borrow. Heck they even have the new Wonder Woman soundtrack up.

https://www.hoopladigital.com/my/hoopla

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
DC's lack of an unlimited service is because of legal issues isn't it?

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Doctor Spaceman posted:

They do have different rights and author issues, but I don't think there insurmountable.

Ironically the loving over of Jack Kirby and others at Marvel kind of worked out best for the fans in the long run.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Oh people should be using Hoopla if your library membership gives you access. It has an insane amount of DC stuff, even never stuff like the first two volumes of the various Rebirth trades. You get 10 titles a month to borrow. Heck they even have the new Wonder Woman soundtrack up.

https://www.hoopladigital.com/my/hoopla

My local library only allows three titles a month. :sigh:

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SilentChaz posted:

My local library only allows three titles a month. :sigh:

That sucks, but still the access to newer material is nice. Also good if you want to read any of the John Carpenter comics.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Doctor Spaceman posted:

After reading how WB execs had to be dragged into the No Man's Land scene in WW, I think they just must be morons over there.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Doctor Spaceman posted:

who knows, but one is set to launch in 2018 for all DC related media

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr Hootington posted:

who knows, but one is set to launch in 2018 for all DC related media

For all we know that's just going to be the limited version that Marvel has with Comixology. I mean everything I've read about it is coming from Bleeding Cool.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

MazelTovCocktail posted:

For all we know that's just going to be the limited version that Marvel has with Comixology. I mean everything I've read about it is coming from Bleeding Cool.

It will be awful no doubt.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Humble Bundle has an Eisner nominee bundle. No Marvel or DC, obviously, but some good stuff in there.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Endless Mike posted:

Humble Bundle has an Eisner nominee bundle. No Marvel or DC, obviously, but some good stuff in there.

Oh, is that a Beasts of Burden sequel? Dang.

Is Kim & Kim any good?

Might have to pick that up.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

https://www.comixology.com/Scott-Snyder-Sale/page/15295

https://www.comixology.com/Attack-on-Titan-Sale/page/15276

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
BOOM! Bundle. Early volumes of Lumberjanes, Giant Days, and Bee and Puppycat.

https://www.humblebundle.com/books/best-of-boom-book-bundle

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Is the Snyder/JRjr All-Star Batman good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

Uthor posted:

BOOM! Bundle. Early volumes of Lumberjanes, Giant Days, and Bee and Puppycat.

https://www.humblebundle.com/books/best-of-boom-book-bundle

That's a pretty neat looking bundle. It's a shame the Adventure Time and Steven Universe volumes are geoblocked and unavailable to me because I already have a lot of the rest of it from previous Boom bundles so those being locked out on top of that make it less appealing.

Also looks like this bundle would be the ideal way to read Irredeemable because it looks like the included volumes would run out before it goes completely off the rails?