Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

this is amazing and anyone who doesn't believe in the zombieapocalypse can gently caress right off.

The chintzy early '90s plastic and fiberglass that a 9400i is mostly comprised of would not withstand much post-apocalyptic duty. Or hell, a whole lot of occasional camping duty. Also when a highway truck goes into RV duty it means it's too hosed to be profitable as a truck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
The International 9800 is cool. Somebody should make a truck thread; I love commercial vehicles.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Would drive it

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

I'm not at all impressed with direction this vehicle has taken, it is, in fact, NOT the Flintstones car.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Human Grand Prix posted:

The International 9800 is cool. Somebody should make a truck thread; I love commercial vehicles.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3564295

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

KakerMix posted:

I'm not at all impressed with direction this vehicle has taken, it is, in fact, NOT the Flintstones car.

Are you trying to tell us that the original car didn't have LED landscape lighting for headlights?

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
This sure is a classic something, alright

https://fortwayne.craigslist.org/cto/6114646006.html

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
My parents owned one before I was born. I think it ate a few transmissions before they finally got rid of it.

Mr-Spain
Aug 27, 2003

Bullshit... you can be mine.
For what that is, it's in amazing shape. I don't think you'd be able to find the parts to fix the AC though.

Edit: Also, it's a pretty well done ad. Has pics of all sides, front and back seats, odometer and passenger dash.

Mr-Spain fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Jun 1, 2017

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
https://kansascity.craigslist.org/cto/6156812197.html
Does this look like a scam to you guys? They didn't make 380s after 1985 and it's clearly a w126 gen2 from the pictures

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

rscott posted:

https://kansascity.craigslist.org/cto/6156812197.html
Does this look like a scam to you guys? They didn't make 380s after 1985 and it's clearly a w126 gen2 from the pictures

I mean I'd stay the heck away unless it's close enough to not lose time in taking a look at it. Wrong pictures and wrong info from the seller? Doesn't that mean that nothing but the interior color can be verified as true?

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

A few cuties near me:

https://chattanooga.craigslist.org/cto/6148156186.html

https://chattanooga.craigslist.org/cto/6131628210.html

$7500 seems like a good price for as good as the condition is.

https://chattanooga.craigslist.org/cto/6151197870.html

Love the side mount spare.

https://chattanooga.craigslist.org/cto/6137815560.html

Because I love Studebakers.

TACTICAL SANDALS
Nov 7, 2009

click clack POW, officer down
I'm in the process of getting a HUGE garage space with my dad, if this is still around in a couple weeks I am 100% gonna snag it (owner says no rot, so assuming that is true)

https://philadelphia.craigslist.org/cto/6118618074.html

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
:eyepop:

WANT.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

How much of a pain in the rear end would it be to have an amc eagle as a daily driver? Because I want one more and more.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Snowy posted:

How much of a pain in the rear end would it be to have an amc eagle as a daily driver? Because I want one more and more.

It's a mid-80s Jeep with an AMC Hornet (or in rare cases, a Gremlin) stuck on top. It will have a lovely electro-carb that likes to get it's venturi clogged and chances are if it's never been cleared the idle screw will be turned way rich to make up for the stumbling.
Usually they have 258 i6s which is the father of the 4.0 that everyone loves.
In short they are fine automobiles and the loving king of winter driving. I adored mine when it carried me through a winter in Madison.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Amazing thing is we look at some of these cars like the Eagle and think what the hell...but back then when you were a kid you were like "holy poo poo, this is a 4x4 and can go anywhere."

Suburu Brat also comes to mind.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Colostomy Bag posted:

Amazing thing is we look at some of these cars like the Eagle and think what the hell...but back then when you were a kid you were like "holy poo poo, this is a 4x4 and can go anywhere."

Suburu Brat also comes to mind.

Yeah that's a great point. As an old person I can confirm that these things seemed real cool to little me even though they looked like family cars.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Snowy posted:

Yeah that's a great point. As an old person I can confirm that these things seemed real cool to little me even though they looked like family cars.

Ditto. I always liked them, particularly the SX4.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

KakerMix posted:

(or in rare cases, a Gremlin)

Sort of. They were Spirits, but (in the case of the kammback) with the Gremlin rear end on them. Front clip and side windows don't match the Gremlin.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Raluek posted:

Sort of. They were Spirits, but (in the case of the kammback) with the Gremlin rear end on them. Front clip and side windows don't match the Gremlin.

Yeah but it's not as cool to go 'ok so AMC didn't have any real money since the 60s so that's their major designs they used up into the 80s with minor tweaks' :v:

EDIT
Once upon a time I lived in Wisconsin and owned two AMCs at the same time. Kenosha's finest.

I'd love an Eagle again but now that I live in Florida where I escaped winters like that I have no need. Wish I still had the Hornet but it was good I sold it when I did.

DOUBLE EDIT

welp

KakerMix fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Jun 3, 2017

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004
I'm really surprised at the way Wagoneers have held their value (are over-valued to hell). I say this having owned a couple and always keeping an eye out for the next.

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001

Wally Joyner posted:

I'm really surprised at the way Wagoneers have held their value (are over-valued to hell). I say this having owned a couple and always keeping an eye out for the next.

Thats a drat good price. I have been seeing people ask twice that these days, in worse condition.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Tai-Pan posted:

Thats a drat good price. I have been seeing people ask twice that these days, in worse condition.

The 2-door FSJs are cooler, and this one doesn't even need smog. I guess diesels are good for something after all!

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/cto/6136966477.html

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Not Craigslist but saw this while picking up someone this afternoon.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Bolkovr
Apr 20, 2002

A chump and a hoagie going buck wild
I don't even know if a $12,500 vintage Bentley is Gold or Gold.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
holy poo poo, imagine daily driving that.

It'd be required to have a monocle.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

A couple like that went cheapish at the last mecum auction.

That got me thinking, that would be dope with a 600ish hp 2jz and some modern suspension and brake bits.

e:
https://www.mecum.com/lots/SC0517-291003/1953-rolls-royce-silver-dawn/

same same, but different, but still same.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Jun 6, 2017

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CornHolio posted:

I think your body spontaneously grows one when you buy it.

Joe Mama
May 10, 2008

slidebite posted:

Not Craigslist but saw this while picking up someone this afternoon.

This needs a fifth wheel hitch and a kickin rad race car trailer.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
That cab on the back is going to make a (functional) 5th wheel hitch difficult.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Make a taller 5th :haw:

But that's just an old school sleeper. Those come out in about 20 minutes... generally less since they are not usually installed properly in the first place.

slidebite fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Jun 6, 2017

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Can you get into them from inside the cab?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

TotalLossBrain posted:

Can you get into them from inside the cab?

They usually have a little sliding window that lines up with the sliding window inside the cab. Some of the higher end ones you pull the whole back window of the cab and it sorta connects and gives you water ingress issues.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

CornHolio posted:

I thought everyone had a monocle.

Dr Rocksalt
Oct 21, 2004

Rhyno posted:

I think your body spontaneously grows one when you buy it.

My wife and I actually own one of these. Her grandpa passed away and left it to us, along with an 89 Westy. The morning after it showed up in our driveway, I woke up in a tux and some guy named Enrique brought me breakfast. The brakes are weird as hell and barely exist, but it has fold down tables in the back for champagne, so who needs brakes.

buttcrackmenace
Nov 14, 2007

see its right there in the manual where it says
Grimey Drawer
we're going to need additional pics

that's a coupe, does it have those (ridiculously awesome) bootrests for the backseat passengers?

also : how many ashtrays in total? I'm guessing at least six.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

buttcrackmenace posted:

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

buttcrackmenace posted:

that's a coupe, does it have those (ridiculously awesome) bootrests for the backseat passengers?

also : how many ashtrays in total? I'm guessing at least six.

It must have a factory liquor cabinet too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

We need a thread, AND more pictures.