Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
So, ugh, what happened? There wasn't an episode this week? Silicon Valley will save me from lovely sitcoms for a day but that only goes so far without seeing Selina destroying fools .verbally

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

No new episode yesterday for whatever reason, it's back this Sunday.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
The Leftovers had an extended series finale, that mighta had something to do with it.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I think they bumped it for the Leftovers finale and so it could get on the same schedule as Silicon Valley

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Speaking of, is Silicon Valley good this year? I guess I'll marathon it at some point regardless, but HBO's schedule got all funky and Sundays are busy.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Propaganda Machine posted:

Speaking of, is Silicon Valley good this year? I guess I'll marathon it at some point regardless, but HBO's schedule got all funky and Sundays are busy.

Yeah, it's as good as ever. Still has a frustrating tendency to reset the start-up's progress every couple of episodes, but it's funny as hell.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Jonah's story is the more entertaining one but a great foil to Selena's death spiral. We're the Jeffersons!

Really I've been waiting for weeks for Selena to have to face the fact that she's a grandma, and also finding out the biological father is Richard Splett. There is going to be a meltdown to end all meltdowns.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

mistaya posted:

Jonah's story is the more entertaining one but a great foil to Selena's death spiral. We're the Jeffersons!

Really I've been waiting for weeks for Selena to have to face the fact that she's a grandma, and also finding out the biological father is Richard Splett. There is going to be a meltdown to end all meltdowns.

if they could somehow make it work that Richard wasn't able to bring himself to masturbate, so instead got his evermasturbating best friend to supply him with some sperm to smuggle in

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Selina just might go back to the spa for a while!

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

there is no actor who makes me happier to see show up in a guest role than Stephen Root, so thank you Veep for making me so happy this evening.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

OK this might legitimately be the best episode of the entire series i have not stopped laughing

edit:
"Richard, what do you know about jug bands?"
"Everything."

edit again:
"Alright let's go to Green Witch Village!"

DC Murderverse fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Jun 12, 2017

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Jonah continues to be the best character on this show, loved his meeting with the President and that double fuckover at CBS at the end was fantastic.

God, poor Gary though :smith:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
What a great episode. It's too bad we didn't get more of Jonah and Dan out on the town.

I loved Kent's disappointment at not getting fired with Ben.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

GobiasIndustries posted:

Jonah continues to be the best character on this show, loved his meeting with the President and that double fuckover at CBS at the end was fantastic.

Every single minute of Jonah and his ridiculous congressional circus is absolutely hilarious.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Seinfeld cameo/reunion between Elaine and The Wiz in this episode, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRf_A07Elyw

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

DC Murderverse posted:

OK this might legitimately be the best episode of the entire series i have not stopped laughing

edit:
"Richard, what do you know about jug bands?"
"Everything."

edit again:
"Alright let's go to Green Witch Village!"

"And you, obviously are Richard" loving slayed me.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
Holy poo poo, Jonah smashing that dude's foot with the sledgehammer and the hard-cut that followed.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Hughmoris posted:

Holy poo poo, Jonah smashing that dude's foot with the sledgehammer and the hard-cut that followed.

And then that guy steals his deal and renames his caucus something that sounds like an a cappella group.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

PostNouveau posted:

And then that guy steals his deal and renames his caucus something that sounds like an a cappella group.

The Libertonians!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Orange Devil posted:

"And you, obviously are Richard" loving slayed me.

"Of course, because of the glasses."

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

PostNouveau posted:

Given the concessions Jonah was getting and the name of the group, Jonah is actually a more capable politician than that guy, having his caucus stolen out from under him notwithstanding. Let that sink in.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Satan's humidor is an excellent description of the south.

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

I'm rewatching the season 4 finale, and the flashbacks to last November's actual election are really souring the whole episode. Selina losing WI is ~*triggering*~.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

you know I was a little bummed about this episode but then Jonah's uncle showed up and everything is so much happier now.

the writers of this show really know how to do angry explicit yelling

edit: i was almost feeling bad for jonah and then he tried to jerk off with his newly circumsized dick and that all went away

DC Murderverse fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Jun 19, 2017

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

this deserves a separate post because HOLY gently caress ADAM SCOTT HOSTING THE TONIGHT SHOW

OUR WORLD SUCKS NOW

Florida Betty
Sep 24, 2004

Ooh, Peking Gourmet reference. That place is awesome.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Haha, halfway through and this is like Veep's version of "Ozymandias."

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
"...except for the Lhasa Express. They're playing their usual games."

Richard :allears:

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I got like 8 minutes into this episode and was laughing my rear end off, and then there were still 20 minutes :allears:

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Mary Holland looking loving fantastic, Jonah getting dumped in spectacular fashion, Adam Scott as a talk show host, Amy getting pimped out, Kent Kareeming it up, Jonah's uncle, this episode was peak Veep.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Bobby Digital posted:

"...except for the Lhasa Express. They're playing their usual games."

Richard :allears:

I love how he's such a bumbling simpleton yet somehow hyper competent at everything, like casually speaking fluent Arabic to Selina's side piece.

Why did Jonah's campaign come crashing down so suddenly? I didn't get why Sherman Tans suddenly pulled up and ran.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Phenotype posted:

I love how he's such a bumbling simpleton yet somehow hyper competent at everything, like casually speaking fluent Arabic to Selina's side piece.

Why did Jonah's campaign come crashing down so suddenly? I didn't get why Sherman Tans suddenly pulled up and ran.

Jonah had the government by the balls (heh) and gave it all up because of Daylight Savings Time last episode.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Balls are the only thing keeping me from choking on cocks.
Without balls, I'd be swallowing dicks whole, just like Joey Chestnut.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

everything about this show is good

the characters are good, the writing is good. everything is good

uncle loving jeff

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Aliquid posted:

everything about this show is good

the characters are good, the writing is good. everything is good

uncle loving jeff

even the minor characters in this show are so goddamn great,

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Selina's library is a big ol' dick.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I love this show

Jonah is one of the best characters ever put on TV

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Phenotype posted:

One line that comes by so fast you barely notice it, when all the staffers are talking about where they appear in Selina's "auto"biography:

"How many mentions did you get, Richard?"
"Oh, just the dedication"

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Jonah's head violently hitting the ceiling repeatably is funnier than it should be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."
I just want 10 minutes of Jonah walking around his office.

• Locked thread