Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Valcione
Sep 12, 2007
For All Brave Silpheed Pilots

Rangpur posted:

A magical girl JRPG sounds like it could be a good time, but man that art style is not working for me at all.

I know what you mean. It's a bit too... I dunno. doll-like? It's not cartoony enough. It feels less like "magical girl" and more like "child beauty pageant," which felt slightly icky. Music was rad though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

your head is a hosed up place that i don't want to be a part of

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

https://twitter.com/koeitecmous/status/872075615477927936

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
HELLO YES

http://symphogear.blogspot.in/2017/06/first-axz-info-leaked-from-anime.html

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Why does Maria allow Kirika to pick out her own clothes?

She's a terrible mother.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

TFRazorsaw posted:

Why does Maria allow Kirika to pick out her own clothes?

She's a terrible mother.

Chris is their mother now.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

the question stands.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Kirika's clothes are good-dess

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

They're a chuuni disaster.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

TFRazorsaw posted:

They're a chuuni disaster.

Motto posted:

Kirika's clothes are good-dess

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i made a symph thread since the mobile game's coming out + a lot of season 4 news

Alligator Pie
Apr 26, 2008

Give away the green grass, Give away the sky

:woop:

E: After all these months I realize I quoted the wrong link. I'm actually really excited about Blue Reflection and know nothing about Symphogear. :blush:

Alligator Pie fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Aug 21, 2017

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Oh hey, you can still reply to this thread.

I gave Kira Kira Precure another chance, and my opinion from earlier in the thread is a lot different. They've been doing some interesting stuff now that they've introduced more compelling villains, and the characters have been more fleshed out than they were in the first cour. I'm particularly interested in how they've developed both Ciel, Yukario, and Akira, and Julio and Bibury have both become two of my favorite antagonists in the franchise. Also, we've seen the main villain Noir only a few times, but the effect his presence leaves and the implications it has on his relationships with his underlings make him effectively terrifying.

One refreshing aspect of it is that they aren't afraid to show the main characters have full on negative or unpleasant character traits, whereas other seasons have relied more on failures to communicate and misunderstanding to create drama with the characters. Ciel's character arc involves both her and her brother hurting each other, and it's not treated as a mistake or something one or both of them just didn't get - Ciel was honestly hurtful towards someone close to her, and Julio wasn't [spoiler]so much brainwashed, but openly envious and driven to evil, with him stating that he was fully in control of the decisions he made.[spoiler] Likewise, Yukari has had to deal with the realization she can be a petty and hurtful person, and the effects her personality and the desire to appear outwardly perfect are starting to have their effect on her. Along with them being perfectly willing to show other characters like Ichika as fully capable of being bratty and immature, the show actually handles the idea that people having negative sides to themselves are facts of life, and aren't things that need to be immediately corrected or aspects that should be immediately stopped. No one in the show grows out of something overnight.

The "sweets" theme is still omnipresent and it's still taking a much different approach than the more hand to hand combat heavy seasons, but it's still won me over and I can appreciate those aspects now. All in all, the show has markedly improved, and the stakes are much higher and the plot is more interesting now than when the worst thing that could happen was someone's dessert being ruined. I recommend it, and I hope the second half keeps the momentum.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Yeah I saw one of the finishers and decided I would give Kira Kira a shot whenever I can get around to it.

rvm
May 6, 2013
The first season of Precure is a riot. I love how the theme song is about how they don't want to be magical girls and hang out friends and handsome guys instead. It also felt like some kind of afterthought that somehow stuck and became popular enough to warrant countless more seasons. It's glorious.

ZAKENNA!!!

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

it's finally time to start finishing GPP

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

When can I be a magical girl?

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Maybe you are, try yelling something and twirling around.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Princess Precure is a great show. I'm glad Precure seems to be having a good three year run after Happiness Charge was so disappointing.

Kirakira had a weak start but it's very much come into its own.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Sakurazuka posted:

When can I be a magical girl?

A believing heart is your magic

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

You all ready for blue reflection

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yes

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Think I'll pass on that one. Good music, though.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

doesn't seem good

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

Namtab posted:

i ordered it

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

i feel bad for shut

new bosses constantly bullying him, and once close comes back he won't even let him do his makeup!!

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

https://my.mixtape.moe/aunnie.webm

e: lol she ends up giving him makeup lessons and bonding with him

Aurora fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Sep 16, 2017

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Haruka is briefly concerned about wearing stilletos but fights in them all the time...

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
just go the Hibiki route

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

when ur so stiff even your outline is different

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Haruka is so nervous to meet the gf's family

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

hard truths about the facts of life this ep

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Current mood

Alligator Pie
Apr 26, 2008

Give away the green grass, Give away the sky

Namtab posted:

Preordered it, gonna have to give up being a road tripping magical boy for a while! I'm fine with this.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I watched Hina Logi over the last week or so. It was a fun late-night SoL magical girl show with a very very gay penultimate episode. Also really good faces.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
tonight is Hina Logi night... but it's over... ;_;

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

next week on Kirakira Precure:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pj2XB86BIvQ

cats

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
gently caress I just started singing "kira kira purikyua" to myself to the tune of twinkle twinkle little star

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

gently caress I just started singing "kira kira purikyua" to myself to the tune of twinkle twinkle little star

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Seek help