Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

So It Goes posted:

I was playing consume the other day and noticed nekkars being proc'd off of, I think, effects where you choose cards out of an option like water hag and ge'els. I honestly don't get it

It's just a bug from a previous iteration of Water Hag I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

When you open Villen

the day before nerfs to all the decks using him are announced :smith:

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
trout villain is very good and there will always be decks revolving around him

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I only just realized Cyprian Wiley is Whoreson Junior. :v:

EDIT: Also I got Radovid as my rank 20 reward. Thanks, I guess?

JERFit
Dec 25, 2007

if someone said they'd give me money to play music + not have a job anymore I'd say NO
Just crafted Toruviel and made a new deck for her. First match is against eredin and I draw her on my first mulligan. I set her up to boost a a handful of units on my melee row, but with frost and wild hunt warriors I ended up only having one other unit on the melee row. Luckily I was able to keep the round close enough that her 8 point power swing was enough to give me the round, and my opponent to immediately forfeit. Feels good :cheers:

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
Chinese test realm went up with some changes, notably gold weathers nerfed to 2 and frost changed to only hit highest and lowest unit(s) by 1, golems reduced to 2 str, vico novices to 1. Savage bear no longer kills medics before their deploy goes off. Partial list here, it's reliant on what people have translated I guess. CDPR replied to the leak with "Please wait for the stream at 9PM, some things changed :)"

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Guess we'll be savouring Golems for a lot longer then.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Frost nerf is the biggest one. Ithlienne has been massacred sadly.

Silver mages getting buffed is probably the weirdest change.

NR buffs feel insubstantial and reaver hunters are still their best cards by a mile.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

gently caress yes full Ithlinne scrap value

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008
I expected the Morkvarg deck to get hit somehow, but maybe they'll reveal something later.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Was frost really that overpowered compared to all the other cancer cards :ohdear:

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Guess Ithlienne had to suffer because of Spell'tel, RIP all those dwarf decks. Also RIP Bear. Though I guess changes aren't final and the detailed list posted on reddit seems mad sketchy in some places.

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Was frost really that overpowered compared to all the other cancer cards :ohdear:

Even with only 3 units on one row it's better than fog/rain, plus with monsters you could cycle them easy with the hounds. The more popular weather monster deck runs foglets but only 1xfog+dagon+spirit and has 2 frosts because of hounds.

Electronico6 fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Jun 6, 2017

BitesizedNike
Mar 29, 2008

.flac
Looks like Itlienne will not be getting an enormous nerf — the original was a mistranslation. Just +2 strength.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Not sure where the info's coming from, but you'll get full scrap refund on CRAFTED cards only.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Slowhanded posted:

Looks like Itlienne will not be getting an enormous nerf — the original was a mistranslation. Just +2 strength.
That's exactly the nerf I was hoping for. Good poo poo.

Golem tweak is irritating but there's still time.

BitesizedNike
Mar 29, 2008

.flac
In addition to frost, here's what most people have been waiting to read:

quote:

Weather changes:
Drought : Now only deals 2 damage instead of 3
Ragh Nar Roog : Now only deals 2 damage instead of 3

BitesizedNike
Mar 29, 2008

.flac
e: double post

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Those NR changes are a whole lot of nothing, can't really see them enabling any new decks. Frost no longer murders Sergeant decks, but fog and rain still fucks them hard (large rows of same-strength units)

So It Goes
Feb 18, 2011
Hopefully the golems change is more than a strength reduction which will still have them as auto include but just further increase their volatility if you do end up with one in hand vs free deck thinning. I'm pretty sure the golems would be played at 0 strength just to play a 22 card deck (I think). The blacklist during mulligan plus 3 copies of a card actually makes it easier to never start with them than compared to a card like roach or the crones, which are a little more risk/reward

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008
I lost 3 matches today due to cards in my hand being invisible and unplayable, what a great day.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

The frost nerf is actually much smaller than I thought at first. Does it deal 2 damage to a single unit as well?

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
I wonder how it interacts with the double-the-frost-damage guy now.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Aww, I just got to rank 15 but I guess I don't get the Witcher 2 Dandelion avatar until the season ends?

EDIT: Also I have to END the season in the top 1000 to get the Ilmerith avatar right? Or is it just getting there at any time?

RatHat fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Jun 6, 2017

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

No Wave posted:

The frost nerf is actually much smaller than I thought at first.

I really like the nerf. I'm not sure it was necessary on top of the gold card nerfs (weather gets stronger the more of it you put in a deck) but there's some cool things you can do with the change. It works better with all unit(s) effects, including scorch/gigni, compared to fog which gets hosed as soon as there's an even/odd number on the same row.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Minrad posted:

I really like the nerf. I'm not sure it was necessary on top of the gold card nerfs (weather gets stronger the more of it you put in a deck) but there's some cool things you can do with the change. It works better with all unit(s) effects, including scorch/gigni, compared to fog which gets hosed as soon as there's an even/odd number on the same row.

That nerf isn't locked in yet. Specifically, someone else wrote a post about it on Reddit and one of the CDPR devs said to watch the stream and that not everything in those patch notes remained.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

No Wave posted:

The frost nerf is actually much smaller than I thought at first. Does it deal 2 damage to a single unit as well?

If a row has, for example, 4 cards, it can make half the damage. From 4 points to 2 points. That's a decent nerf.

In any case frost was annoying precisely in rows with a good amount of units (4-7 cards), that's the part they are nerfing.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

https://www.twitch.tv/cdprojektred

Stream about to start.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

5 days after patch to get scrap refunds

Commons and rares mill for twice as much holy poo poo

You get some free scraps if you've bought kegs already :stare:

No more leaders from rewards/kegs/etc. They're addressing a lot of complaints, this rules

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Minrad posted:

5 days after patch to get scrap refunds

Commons and rares mill for twice as much holy poo poo

You get some free scraps if you've bought kegs already :stare:

Yea this is pretty awesome. I imagine it's based on number of kegs purchased and I admit, I purchased quite a bit.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

ShowTime posted:

Yea this is pretty awesome. I imagine it's based on number of kegs purchased and I admit, I purchased quite a bit.

I think I've milled somewhere around 300-400 commons so far, so that's gotta be at least 1-2k dust if they're going to credit us completely. Gonna be a lot of cards crafted when patch hits!

Knowlue
Nov 11, 2012

I could eat a sea cucumber
Man CDPR are just a giant bunch of nerds huh. They're so hype for these changes, and it's refreshing to see them make these changes

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

They're gonna show off every single changed card, nice.

Patch notes "soon"

No frost change!

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Any compensation for people who already hit level 20 and got a leader card from it? I mean it's still a free epic so it's not a huge deal.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

I really don't get the buff to lock and mage cards. They already feel pretty common and dominant for every deck...

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

RIP hunters, regressing and no longer veteran :rip:

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
How do you tilt the artwork for the animated cards on keyboard?

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008
Well I need a new deck to play instead of Morkvarg now.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

The loving effort keyword is gone, thank god

Knowlue
Nov 11, 2012

I could eat a sea cucumber
RIP bear and queensguard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU