Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Ultimately you just have to get used to the idea of importing in people from other databases when they're not there, making them yourself, or tweaking existing people. Its a pain and it can feel kind of overwhelming but if you really want a talent to be used and really think they should be more charismatic or a better high flier or more of technician you can go in and do it quickly. And if you're not sure how the stats work just find a worker you think he or she is like and copy.

What can you do? It would be great for a perfect world database but we have what we have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Took a gander at the Who real world mod and while it looks like a robust mod, approximately 60% of the workers in the database are long dead, and 70% of the feds are closed.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

STAC Goat posted:

Ultimately you just have to get used to the idea of importing in people from other databases when they're not there, making them yourself, or tweaking existing people. Its a pain and it can feel kind of overwhelming but if you really want a talent to be used and really think they should be more charismatic or a better high flier or more of technician you can go in and do it quickly. And if you're not sure how the stats work just find a worker you think he or she is like and copy.

What can you do? It would be great for a perfect world database but we have what we have.

Yeah, I certainly appreciated all the grunt work being done. I assume the creator just didn't realize how important performance skills are to the game. You don't have to like The Young Bucks or Kenny Omega or whoever to realize that they can 'probably' do better than C level matches in performance based feds.

All in all I've played over a decade into the game, so I'm not complaining.

Speaking of which, I had my 11th annual big end of year show (basically my Wrestlemania) and it was my first show to break the 100,000 attendance barrier. Lots of new generated guys taking over the top spots. I capped off all my storylines by unifying the world, tag team, and junior titles, and putting the ADAM COLE VS CHEESEBURGER blood feud to an end inside a steel cage. Also, Bray Wyatt (of course he's Windham Rotunda since I don't use WWE slave names :colbert: ) made his debut in a stunning assault on Chaos Mark McKing!!! Madness!!!

My quest to actually main event this show with an A* match continues for another year though. Ichimonji picked up one of those nagging 1 year injuries right before the show, so I'm going to blame that for knocking it down.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Yeah, I had to do a TON of editing in the real world mod. Even top indy workers were unusable garbage with like C- psychology and basics. It was like Jim Cornette made the mod.

Is Fleisch still making them?
Because he has views about wrestling and obstinately refuses to make concessions to playability.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I usually use thewho's real world database but I find it lacking in a lot of ways and mostly just play historical mods from the 90's and early 2000s

Iskanderson
Apr 16, 2009
I like those quite a bit, and just import the indie guys that sold be there or boost up the stats on the existing guys. It's fun! I eventually want to start a new game from the 1980s onward, although it seems there's no easy way to get promotions to not do the monthly ppv schedule unless they're touring, or to not follow the modern-day wwe format of having your main eventers wrestle on every free tv show.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Again, there needs to be a wrestling booking sim that's not quite as insanely hardcore realistic, more on the level of the Rollercoaster Tycoon games or The Movies or Theme Park. Something that lets you play at e-Feds while not having to book minute by minute.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Maxwell Lord posted:

Again, there needs to be a wrestling booking sim that's not quite as insanely hardcore realistic, more on the level of the Rollercoaster Tycoon games or The Movies or Theme Park. Something that lets you play at e-Feds while not having to book minute by minute.

Guest 878: "I want to stop watching Four Hundred Hour Ironman Match: Kane vs. Hornswoggle."

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

I'd play the poo poo out of that. I want to play a booker game, but the combo of the price and the wall of a learning curve push me away from TEW.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Not playing TEW means you would miss out on things like 1997 Edge and 1997 La Parka bonding backstage over a shared love of Lego.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

kairosoft presents puro booker story

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Super No Vacancy posted:

kairosoft presents puro booker story

:shepspends: I'd buy it.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm pretty sure MDickie made a booking sim.

But it's MDickie.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Taintrunner posted:

I'm pretty sure MDickie made a booking sim.

But it's MDickie.

The 2D one is fun. It's not a good game but it's fun to gently caress around with

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

CapitalistPig posted:

Not playing TEW means you would miss out on things like 1997 Edge and 1997 La Parka bonding backstage over a shared love of Lego.

This is true.

Iskanderson
Apr 16, 2009
I wish TNM was still around. I would have more fun with TEW if I could see the matches play out, without necessarily knowing who is going to win if I don't want to pick a winner. Basically I want to play as an in-kayfabe gm and not a booker/business person. Like the MMA game Grey Dog puts out but for wrestling would be okay.

Lazer
Jun 26, 2011

V A P O R W A V E
I've been mostly sticking to the 2004/2005 era mods for TEW2016, but I decided on a whim last night to try out the real world mod for June 2017. Started a local promotion based in the south west with a cash pool of $100,000.

I ran monthly events for 4 months and managed to grow to small (and limiting myself to that right now). Product is based more on wrestling and gimmicks don't matter. Ricochet has held the main championship title since the first event and has elevated it from B+ to A* prestige. My midcard tag titles were held by The Young Bucks and finally dropped to The Briscoe Brothers after a three month chase. The matches elevated that title from C- to C+, so good progress there. NJPW ended up getting Will Osprey a written contract, but it was right before my show so I got one more match out of him at least. I'm worried the same will happen to Ricochet at some point.

The other problem is, I was running out of money and could only afford one more monthly show. My last show won the regional battle and beat out Lucha Underground and PWG. So in an effort to have access to more talent and save the company, I started a consortium alliance with Lucha Underground and AAA (I was surprised they both accepted the invite). The shared pot gave me 175k in one month. I might start running two shows a month now to get over that hump. Also need to bring in that sweet YouTube viewership.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Lazer posted:

I've been mostly sticking to the 2004/2005 era mods for TEW2016, but I decided on a whim last night to try out the real world mod for June 2017. Started a local promotion based in the south west with a cash pool of $100,000.

I ran monthly events for 4 months and managed to grow to small (and limiting myself to that right now). Product is based more on wrestling and gimmicks don't matter. Ricochet has held the main championship title since the first event and has elevated it from B+ to A* prestige. My midcard tag titles were held by The Young Bucks and finally dropped to The Briscoe Brothers after a three month chase. The matches elevated that title from C- to C+, so good progress there. NJPW ended up getting Will Osprey a written contract, but it was right before my show so I got one more match out of him at least. I'm worried the same will happen to Ricochet at some point.

The other problem is, I was running out of money and could only afford one more monthly show. My last show won the regional battle and beat out Lucha Underground and PWG. So in an effort to have access to more talent and save the company, I started a consortium alliance with Lucha Underground and AAA (I was surprised they both accepted the invite). The shared pot gave me 175k in one month. I might start running two shows a month now to get over that hump. Also need to bring in that sweet YouTube viewership.

Lot's of other feds are surprisingly cool with joining alliances you start.

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

Iskanderson posted:

I wish TNM was still around. I would have more fun with TEW if I could see the matches play out, without necessarily knowing who is going to win if I don't want to pick a winner. Basically I want to play as an in-kayfabe gm and not a booker/business person. Like the MMA game Grey Dog puts out but for wrestling would be okay.

Man, I played SO much TNM. Is it around in any capacity these days?

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Iskanderson posted:

Honestly, I think the only real successor to TNM is Fire Pro.

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

tzirean posted:

Honestly, I think the only real successor to TNM is Fire Pro.

Well, there's that 80's Mania deal on mobile. It's like TNM with a bunch of features missing.

Demp
Nov 5, 2003

GLORIOUS

Fumaofthelake posted:

If there's anyone inactive in LLJK in supercard I'd like a spot. Roster is full right now.

We're in the middle of a Team Battleground event at the moment, but afterwards send another invite and I'll get you in!

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Demp posted:

We're in the middle of a Team Battleground event at the moment, but afterwards send another invite and I'll get you in!

Someone will have to be removed first for me to apply, but I'll keep an eye on the thread and send an invite when a spot is open. Thanks Demp

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Lazer posted:

My experience was: WWE/NJPW will sign all of your top stars when they inevitably reach unrealistically high popularity for indy workers. But, give it 3 or 4 years, and you'll be able to sign them all back when WWE fails to use their financial might to offer them contracts you can't match.

WWE signed all of my champions up to Samoa Joe the minute I put the belt on them. OK, The Rock was kind of predictable, but they even brought back Kurt Angle at a time when that seemed like it would never happen. (Predicted real life there I guess) Fortunately they just released Samoa Joe from NXT and it saved me.

The consortium alliance sounds really cool, I was too scared to try any of the financially intertwining alliances, but that could be huge when you're just starting out. Great idea.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

If you play your cards right, economic / industry downturn can help you out in that regard. They seem to hit big companies hardest (WWE in my game dropped International to Cult in the span of about two and a half months), so when belts are tightening you won't find yourself poached and will often find quality midcarders suddenly cut adrift.

Then again, during that same period in my game EVOLVE went out of business (Fred Yehi now an NXT main eventer), while SHINE and STARDOM are on the precipice. ROH has been chugging along.

Right now my biggest annoyance is that I chose a fairly popular guy as my user character, but since I can't loan him out to anyone, he only works as many shows per month as I book and his overness is starting to atrophy as a result despite strong pushes.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

otoh I guess we'll see if I can survive as a regional. I'm based in the Southwest but PWG has signed on to my "union", so they won't hurt me. I'm way more popular than they are but my product is not pure performance so my shows don't rate as well.

In other news, Ryback has somehow fast-talked his way into a 1 1/2 hour gym wrestling program to air every Tuesday afternoon on national PBS. Rob Naylor is our announcer and who better to provide colour than the King of NFL Style, Bob Sapp.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Basic Chunnel posted:

In other news, Ryback has somehow fast-talked his way into a 1 1/2 hour gym wrestling program to air every Tuesday afternoon on national PBS.

it better be loving called Read Me More

Demp
Nov 5, 2003

GLORIOUS

Fumaofthelake posted:

Someone will have to be removed first for me to apply, but I'll keep an eye on the thread and send an invite when a spot is open. Thanks Demp

I just opened up a spot for you. Just send an invite and post your name in here so I'll know who you are and you'll be all set.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Demp posted:

I just opened up a spot for you. Just send an invite and post your name in here so I'll know who you are and you'll be all set.

Sent as Fuma

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Fumaofthelake posted:

Sent as Fuma

Your cards. :stare:

Stay forever.

Demp
Nov 5, 2003

GLORIOUS
Ok so somehow I got blocked and kicked from LLJK despite being the owner, so if anyone can unblock me so I can join back on that sure would be swell.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I think I just unblocked you, put in an application

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

oh... yes??

Meanwhile the economy continues to murder WWE and I've picked up EPPAs on Asuka and Rich Swann. I'm losing money hand over fist too, but Ryback won the lottery so we're good.

Basic Chunnel fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Jun 8, 2017

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Demp posted:

Ok so somehow I got blocked and kicked from LLJK despite being the owner, so if anyone can unblock me so I can join back on that sure would be swell.

This happened in my old team... The game is getting really weird about glitches when adding new members or even rejecting requests.

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Your cards. :stare:

Stay forever.

I kind of regret not grinding for MITB Alexa.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Fumaofthelake posted:

This happened in my old team... The game is getting really weird about glitches when adding new members or even rejecting requests.

I kind of regret not grinding for MITB Alexa.

It'd take forever to get one, let alone a pro. :sigh:

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Basic Chunnel posted:

oh... yes??

Meanwhile the economy continues to murder WWE and I've picked up EPPAs on Asuka and Rich Swann. I'm losing money hand over fist too, but Ryback won the lottery so we're good.

Haha oh man, I wish this would happen in reality

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

The middle of the pack is thinning out - Impact! turned out to have been a front for the mob (who would have guessed) and the feds seized about $2 mil from them while they lost every single TV deal they had.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib
Since TEW seems to be the topic of choice at the moment, I pulled this from their forums:

quote:

To help celebrate this news (announcement of World of MMA 5), Grey Dog Software is discounting both WMMA4 and TEW2016 by $10 each using the coupon code GREY10. To purchase either game, go the webstore and add either WMMA4 or TEW2016 to your shopping cart. Next, choose the option “I have a discount coupon for this product” and enter the code. You should see the discount at checkout! The sale will run through Monday night, June 19.

I know, it's still that lovely eLicense system but a sale's a sale. It's a little over 25% off the standard cost, for those who have thought about giving either a try.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

are there any really good real world mods? like actually good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Basic Chunnel posted:

The middle of the pack is thinning out - Impact! turned out to have been a front for the mob (who would have guessed) and the feds seized about $2 mil from them while they lost every single TV deal they had.

Is this real life :psyduck: