Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
I bully Ibaraki with Jeanne Alter. I've hit 1 million damage on her NP with support Merlin buffs. As backup I have Okita in the very back. I've only cleared the 6 mil version once, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Arash is really fun to use in this event, since he can output some pretty silly damage

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Kyte posted:

Gilgamesh works extremely well. With the standard set of Merlin and Waver buffs, and 3 carps total including support, he can put about 1.4mil. If you have his 3rd skill at level 10 and manage to charge 20% the following turn, he can fire off another buffed EE on the 3rd turn (Collector + Waver's 1 + Waver's 2 + two turns of NP gen from Merlin NP = 80%). That plus a bit more is 3mil.
Plus he's great at crits and pretty good at making stars too.

It's my main Ibaraki bullying team (and works even better now that there's Lancer hands 'cause he's not one shotting them).
Jack and Kuro are in my back row to finish the job if someone dies, Mashu at the very back for cost and last-resort stalling.

I almost never fail the 6mil.

Hm, I'm getting about 900+k damage with Gilgamesh + Gilgamesh attack buff + Merlin attack/Buster buffs + Buster Chain (and I want to say I maybe used double the Merlin buffs one time and still didn't break 1M). Maybe the difference is that I'm using 3 Carps but only 2 are LB (and the Ushi CE he has isn't LB).

edit: Generally speaking, what is the best way to farm the items? I've been lazy this event and probably won't be able to finish it, but most of the stuff I really want is in the item shop and I already have all the CEs but one Ushi (3 Carps have randomly dropped for me). I feel like it's kind of tricky to figure out what trade-off between damage and item-boosting CEs makes the most sense.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

You still get items even if you die, and Ibaraki doesn't drop items. So just do the 6 million hp ibaraki, bring a guy that's effective against whatever class the hands are today with the +300% damage CE, arash with a kaleidoscope/imaginary, someone with an attack buff, and three level 1 bronzes with the +gourd CEs. arash nps the first wave, the guy whose effective against the hands kills the hands, then ibaraki kills you.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Ah, feels nice to finally get over 200,000,000, and now not need to worry about damage. The hands shall die. All of them.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
So I got to the part in Shinjuku where Lobo reveals himself to be an Avenger gets a loving 1-hit evade every turn. It ended up being an incredibly slow battle of me shanking the wolf with several giant needles with BB, Merlin doing nothing, Jalter succumbing to wolf fur, and Musashi ending it all.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Ytlaya posted:

Hm, I'm getting about 900+k damage with Gilgamesh + Gilgamesh attack buff + Merlin attack/Buster buffs + Buster Chain (and I want to say I maybe used double the Merlin buffs one time and still didn't break 1M). Maybe the difference is that I'm using 3 Carps but only 2 are LB (and the Ushi CE he has isn't LB).

edit: Generally speaking, what is the best way to farm the items? I've been lazy this event and probably won't be able to finish it, but most of the stuff I really want is in the item shop and I already have all the CEs but one Ushi (3 Carps have randomly dropped for me). I feel like it's kind of tricky to figure out what trade-off between damage and item-boosting CEs makes the most sense.

3 LB carps + LB Ushi is, iirc, 500%. In comparison, you're at 350% (I think, kinda fuzzy on the Ushi numbers. I'm assuming 100%/200%). So yeah it's the CEs.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Finally beat the 6 mil and all I needed to do was LB my Ushi CE, some of my Carps, and put Gil on my team for third full team attack buff. Still had to pop a command seal for max damage, but it was just one and my remaining 3 were healthy enough that they could potential have run through the rest of Ibaraki's HP.

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Jun 5, 2017

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

I have not been lucky enough to get any extra carp CEs.

On Shinjuku Finale news: BB + Mashu + Waver + Tamamo "FUK YER poo poo"

edit: Rumors around saying that the next event/rerun is going to be Onigashima. Which is the Raikou event and the Kintoki welfare. Which would make sense since because of our current event. If it is, I finally get to have a maxed out Rider Kintoki and that's golden.

InfinityComplex fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Jun 5, 2017

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

InfinityComplex posted:

edit: Rumors around saying that the next event/rerun is going to be Onigashima. Which is the Raikou event and the Kintoki welfare. Which would make sense since because of our current event. If it is, I finally get to have a maxed out Rider Kintoki and that's golden.

If true, would finally manage to get my Fuuma out of the cupboard, certainly. They should also give EMIYA Alter a damage bonus up, too.

Though, I did give Fuuma a few rounds when I was grinding down the last of the 200 million I needed, and I was surprised. His star gen is not bad at all.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Sylphid posted:

If true, would finally manage to get my Fuuma out of the cupboard, certainly. They should also give EMIYA Alter a damage bonus up, too.

Though, I did give Fuuma a few rounds when I was grinding down the last of the 200 million I needed, and I was surprised. His star gen is not bad at all.

IIRC' he's the best 3-star assassin, a fine replacement if you never got any 4- or 5-star servants who can poo poo out stars.

STARS.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

MonsieurChoc posted:

IIRC' he's the best 3-star assassin, a fine replacement if you never got any 4- or 5-star servants who can poo poo out stars.

STARS.

My problem with him is he doesn't hit very hard at all (not really the point of a star gen dude / dudette, though), and he doesn't have quite have the lasting power of Hundred-Faced, my "main" Assassin.

Basically, if I need stars, I'll go Fuuma. Need someone who can stick around for a while and hit decently well, Hundred-Faced.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
*Hits head on desk*.

Got Enkidu with a YOLO ticket. :sigh:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm still salty about getting Altera when I was rolling for Moriarty

I would rather have gotten literally anything else, gently caress I'd even take Emiya alter out of that lot

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Raenir Salazar posted:

*Hits head on desk*.

Got Enkidu with a YOLO ticket. :sigh:

Enkidu is situationally decent. He's pretty good as a star generator and can survive a long time due to his ridiculous heal.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Enkidu's fine. Isn't he the only single target lancer you can roll normally?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yes and his NP does a lot of damage

Dante Logos
Dec 31, 2010
If we are talking YOLO rolls, I got a Gorgon after 6 YOLO rolls.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
I got a Prisma Cosmos after doing like 30 rolls this event

:toot:

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I already had two SSR ST Lancers is the main problem!

Side Note: Mordred/Waver/Merlin also easily handles 3 BP Ibaraki.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
THIS is what bad gacha luck looks like.

It does not get much worse than that. Two copies of a Servant I don't use that much and already have had at NP 5 for a while, one I never use and is basically pointless (that I've got four freakin' copies of already), and a basically worthless (against anything other than male Servants, and sometimes even then) 4*. The CEs do not even deserve mention. I guess Antumbra isn't awful, but basically pointless when I have Knight's Pride around.

I'm not even kidding when I say Octuplets are more valuable to me than SQ.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Sylphid posted:

THIS is what bad gacha luck looks like.

No loving way, at the very least Stheno can be burned for a Rare Prism. You want bad gacha luck? Peep this shitheap.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

Freak Futanari posted:

No loving way, at the very least Stheno can be burned for a Rare Prism. You want bad gacha luck? Peep this shitheap.

Well, there's no need to compete over bad luck, but yeeeesh. Anytime Boudica shows up in something other than the Friend Gacha, it's bad news, I've found.

And honestly, I consider Rare Prisms basically useless. I don't get the point.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Also IIRC Stheno has a quartz interlude and a Strengthening, so it's like she gives you a 2 quartz rebate

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Actually, I just noticed you got Ryudou Temple, too. The true omen of ill fortune.

Edit: part of the trouble with Stheno, I'm noticing from the wiki, is she takes forever to be anything resembling useful. I guess she's alright at generating stars, but she can't support anyone, including herself (kinda) with her first two skills, and you have to get her to 4th ascension to get her third skill, which admittedly is pretty useful. 40% attack boost at level 10 to Divine Servants like Cu / Medusa with a 5 turn cooldown is really good, but it seems she's basically pointless to throw into an actual fight before then, unless you were really, really hurting for some Rider killers.

I also do like she doesn't have an AoE NP and she doesn't need more copies to increase the power, or really what it does. That's more than a lot of 4* can say, but even so, it's hard to get excited over such a niche Servant. I'll keep her around, but it probably will be a very long time until I actually use her.

Sylphid fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Jun 6, 2017

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Freak Futanari posted:

That''s what I get every time I do a 10-roll.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
She seems more useful back when Anti-Male stale was more viable in lieu of the dps newer Servants tend to crap out.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Hmmmmmmm, return of the Shinjuku gacha.

Although I really want Moriarty, I'm gonna wait on this one.

edit: Going over all of the bronze/silver servants and such, it really makes me wish that I had drawn a Demonic Bodhisattva CE. That would definitely make some of the requirements for certain NPs be really easy to get.

InfinityComplex fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Jun 6, 2017

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I (finally) finished Tamamo's route in Fate/Extella. Tamamo remains The Best, shame Extra and Extella are both so mediocre

I don't think I'm gonna do Altera's route, I think 2/3 of it is enough Extella for one lifetime

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

shame that ccc, a masterpiece of modern fiction, didnt get released in the us

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Endorph posted:

shame that ccc, a masterpiece of modern fiction, didnt get released in the us

This but said without any sarcasm or irony.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Plutonis posted:

This but said without any sarcasm or irony.
so just 'this'

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Sylphid posted:

And honestly, I consider Rare Prisms basically useless. I don't get the point.

Rare prisms are good to unlock things from past events, most notably one or two master suit things (I used some to get the Saber clothes). I don't think there's much point to saving a large number of them, but it's good to use them if you started the game late and want to pick up some of the better past event stuff.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

Rare prisms are good to unlock things from past events, most notably one or two master suit things (I used some to get the Saber clothes). I don't think there's much point to saving a large number of them, but it's good to use them if you started the game late and want to pick up some of the better past event stuff.

If they involve burning Servants who have so nicely answered to my summons, not interested.

Copies of Stheno notwithstanding, of course. But I don't think I'll have much an issue with that particular problem.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Ytlaya posted:

The most important usage of rare prisms is to bring the limited prism shop CEs back into the shop, since they're expensive enough that lots of people missed their chance to LB them

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Right now I think I would only burn something like a 6th and thus useless, copy of Astolfo. I can see why NP 5 Stheno is basically useless but: You never know when DW changes that; and b) I like the 5/5.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I burned D'Eon and Ibaraki to get the limited CE and I regret it, I'm so sorry guys, come baaaack! ;_;

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Yaaaay, back to no SQ and no Summon Tickets, because I decided, for some reason, to draw a bunch from the Rashomon gacha.

I did manage a better line-up tonight, getting Fox's Night Dream, four more Subscription Lists, a couple copies of Divine Banquet, and LB'd Necromancy (yay, a 500 HP increase in the 50% guts. Bleh). But hey, at least I got a 5-star something tonight. I just wish more events had so many summon tickets as prizes.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
This Challenge quest got me good. I didn't realize it was a challenge quest, so I blew my load NP'ing the first wave and got murdered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

Raenir Salazar posted:

This Challenge quest got me good. I didn't realize it was a challenge quest, so I blew my load NP'ing the first wave and got murdered.

Seems like that particular challenge quest is reserved for mad people, who have at least the next 10 hours of their lives to invest in getting a summon ticket.