Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

GulagDolls posted:

why dont you just marry him

I don't think mrs Slord would approve of that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.

chaoslord posted:

Probably not

Would you gossip about them with me?

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Gulag's case is p goku

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

GulagDolls posted:

stop fishing for towntells

If people would post we wouldn't have to be doing content game :shrug:

Gulag why do you think ixt's vote is, in turn, vote worthy?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

what the gently caress does fishing for town tells mean

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

Pinterest Mom posted:

well first you throw your town tell rod in the ole town ice hole.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Pinterest Mom posted:

Something something scum wants to know who everyone thinks is town to avoid casing them, I'm assuming

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Kasumeat posted:

2. You're trying to get me to make a 3-day commitment to a townread super early. That would put me in a position that makes it difficult for me to case that player if my read changes because you're set up to throw shade on me.

this is not shade

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

chaoslord posted:

Something something scum wants to know who everyone thinks is town to avoid casing them, I'm assuming

1. that doesn't make sense
2. that's not what the content game was and it's weird to pretend it was. It's not "respond to this and now you will be bound to what you post", it's "imagine if you had to bind yourself this way, how would it work"

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Pinterest Mom posted:

this is not shade

I dig the vibe of those letters, this dude I'd throw in the town fishing hole

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

GulagDolls posted:

stop fishing for towntells

You know I never understood why looking to classify someone as town through a read or tell is a bad thing. I mean, yeah, if someone only gives town tells then that's an issue, but I always feel I like I can usually identify a couple of townies early and that makes the rest of the game easier because it's a process of elimination. And sure, sometimes your wrong, but that's just what happens in these games.

But in the end, I think it's easier to pick out a couple of people who you think are town with a good degree of confidence on D1.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I'm glad PMom just showed up. I was actually just thinking about him and wondering if he was going to post.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

anyway my answer to the game is

TNL. I've pretty much developed the heuristic over the games I've played with him that when his reasoning and focus are in sync with mine, he's town, and when they're not, he's scum. I feel like my read on him will be stronger in three days than my read on anyone else could be.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

I SHOULD GO AND GET FUCKED

chaoslord posted:

Kasu thought me asking them to find one person in this game that they were willing to say "I think this person is town" was a bad thing to do. I can understand taking a bit of umbrage with the 3 days thing, but I wasn't asking them to Toxx on that. Had Kasu replied "I think 3 days is way too long but i wouldn't vote X for Y reasons", then ok. Instead, they dodged the question entirely

I consider it similar to the Synx gambit and that's a pretty open and shut failure on Kasu's part.

I didn't dodge the question at all, I very clearly said that I don't have townreads yet.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

chaoslord posted:

If people would post we wouldn't have to be doing content game :shrug:

Gulag why do you think ixt's vote is, in turn, vote worthy?

I do not remember as I fulfilling my promise to only make game related post when drunk. I think I thought it was self-conscious and weird, due to the use of "af."

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Raeg posted:

I mean, it's no weirder than your throwing shade on Ernie I guess. Both of you were trying to infer something out of nothing.

not shade

For future reference:

Shade is when you insult someone solely by inference. Shade can never directly refer to or quote the person who is being shaded.

A good heuristic for "is this shade" is "can I plausibly deny that my statement was directed at the person I in fact insulted?" If not, not shade!

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

Pinterest Mom posted:

not shade

For future reference:

Shade is when you insult someone solely by inference. Shade can never directly refer to or quote the person who is being shaded.

A good heuristic for "is this shade" is "can I plausibly deny that my statement was directed at the person I in fact insulted?" If not, not shade!

words change okay mr. dictionary.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kasumeat posted:

I didn't dodge the question at all, I very clearly said that I don't have townreads yet.

Yeah, but he wasn't technically asking you for a town read. He was simply asking you to name one person who you wouldn't vote for 3 game days.

So you could have given an answer like PMom and named someone that you have a hard time getting an immediate read on, but it gets stronger as the game proceeds.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

For example:

https://twitter.com/britneyspears/status/615666740295532544

Shade. Iggy Azalea had, earlier in the week, called Britney out publicly, but, then, had also had her tour cancelled because of lack of ticket sales. This tweet doesn't refer to Iggy, and Britney can plausibly deny she was picking a fight with Iggy, even though she totally was.

TMMadman posted:

Right now, I'd shoot Ernie because I can't figure out his vote on me. Normally, I would just ignore it since it was the first vote of the entire game and that's usually a joke vote, but something about it just feels weird to me.

Not shade. TMM cannot plausibly claim he doesn't want to shoot Ernie.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Raeg posted:

words change okay mr. dictionary.

I would like the straights to not appropriate and dilute queer vocabulary tyvm.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

how tf can you not read someone as town by now. i townread raeg already, and NOT just being i am confirmed masons with him

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

Pinterest Mom posted:

I would like the straights to not appropriate and dilute queer vocabulary tyvm.

who said anything about straights? hmmm, looks like you've got a lot of growing up to do.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

um...how many pop stars do you follow on twitter

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Raeg posted:

who said anything about straights? hmmm, looks like you've got a lot of growing up to do.

if you're queer and misusing shade shame on you.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

GulagDolls posted:

um...how many pop stars do you follow on twitter

None that I can think of, but I follow a bunch of people who will retweet popstars and add 👀 when drama happens

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

I SHOULD GO AND GET FUCKED

Pinterest Mom posted:

"What can a player do to look townie in your eyes," is essentially what Chaos asked me

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Kasumeat posted:

"What can a player do to look townie in your eyes," is essentially what Chaos asked me

It is not.

If you got a boon that said "you can have a N1 doc, but you have to give up your ability to vote for one person in the game", you'd obviously take it, right?

Which person would you choose? Why?

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

Pinterest Mom posted:

if you're queer and misusing shade shame on you.

this conversation is really making us take our eye of the ball.

the FOOT ball.

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

Pinterest Mom posted:

It is not.

If you got a boon that said "you can have a N1 doc, but you have to give up your ability to vote for one person in the game", you'd obviously take it, right?

Which person would you choose? Why?

Tbh, a lot of these question this early on require people to rely on metagaming since there's nothing you can sincerely base it on and that kind of leaves me in the cold. As cold as the town tell fishing hole

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Pinterest Mom posted:

Not shade. TMM cannot plausibly claim he doesn't want to shoot Ernie.

I could if I was Trump! :colbert:

Then I could hold all positions simultaneously!

And I'm curious, what do you think about Ernie voting me?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Raeg posted:

Tbh, a lot of these question this early on require people to rely on metagaming since there's nothing you can sincerely base it on and that kind of leaves me in the cold. As cold as the town tell fishing hole

I mean, sure, you can go the pure meta route (I did!), but people have been posting and you can discern something from that and base your answer on that.

Like, just as a pair-wise comparison, TMM has been posting content and Dr. Hurt hasn't. You'd probably rather put TMM in the not-voting bucket than Hurt based on that alone.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

TMMadman posted:

I could if I was Trump! :colbert:

Then I could hold all positions simultaneously!

And I'm curious, what do you think about Ernie voting me?

it looks like a lovely joke vote? idk

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Raeg posted:

Yeah, but it's perfectly fine to use a bit of metagaming during the content game because it's really just all about getting people to talk and start voicing opinions about anything in order to get the game moving. Generally speaking, answers given during a content game aren't really held against you unless there is something really obviously wrong.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Pinterest Mom posted:

it looks like a lovely joke vote? idk

Fair, I'm just on the border about it and I'd really like Ernie to come back an answer my earlier question about it and just post more.

Something about it when I first saw it struck me as overly aggressive, but I can't decide if I'm also just being overly sensitive.

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
Well, my unconfirmed mason buddy hasn't gotten back to me, so I'm suspicious of that goon. My initial thought is that scum will be more confident and thus quicker in their vote, so I voted for one of the people who first put up two votes for a candidate.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

oh please i haven't replied to you because i don't have anything to say

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I'm not posting much because it's day 1 of a day start game and there's literally nothing to talk about, all votes are joke votes.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

CirclMastr posted:

I'm not posting much because it's day 1 of a day start game and there's literally nothing to talk about, all votes are joke votes.

Uhhh...there is much more to talk about now. Even just over the last couple of pages.

Also, clearly at least two of the votes at this point are completely real. Are you actually reading the thread?

Jamuraan
Oct 10, 2005

Jamuraan, J.D. in Critical Reasoning and Logic
Ask me about how good I am at party games! Please god ask me about how good I am at party games!

The Ninth Layer posted:

OK sign me up! Was just thinking about playing another game.

edit holy poo poo it's Jamuraan!! Sup dude.

Hey Sup #vote TNL Did I do that right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

TMMadman posted:

Uhhh...there is much more to talk about now. Even just over the last couple of pages.

Also, clearly at least two of the votes at this point are completely real. Are you actually reading the thread?

I'll be honest, my eyes glazed over when I saw someone posting Britney Spears Twitter posts in what appeared to be an argument about the definition of throwing shade, which I hope you'll forgive me for not thinking is an actual serious discussion. And only one vote since said Twitter post so if two votes are completely real, I can't tell which two.

• Locked thread