Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.

Herr Tog posted:

Agreed, how do you feel about the three generation occupied territories?

Well, they may want to go independent as one giant nation, according to Kaynorr. Give the nations the right to leave the union, and if that means it's like 1 guy leaves and the others stay, we help'm do that.

How to do that in an actual political "get it done" kinda way is kinda beyond me. I just know if there IS an occupying force, it can't be overwhelmingly Shahahaladel. The actual politics of the actual mechanisms to decide and structure entire governments is outside my experience. But, I think the nations should at least be given a choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I can dig it! what about everyone else?

Al Baron
Nov 12, 2007
They were all out of Marquess.
I'm down for whatever keeps an Evil Empire™ from A) forming B) having a means of mass teleportation.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Al Baron posted:

I'm down for whatever keeps an Evil Empire™ from A) forming B) having a means of mass teleportation.

This too I can dig

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

Wrap up your side conversations with various aides, grab that last cup of coffee and snacks from the buffet table, the treaty negotiations are drawing to a close. Final counterproposals are due tonight Monday, June 6th at 7 PM PST. Well, not as the clock strikes seven necessarily. You're free to continue to continue to debate and discuss as long as you want to.

For each phase of negotiation, you'll be allowed to use Aid Another rolls with Insight, Intimidation, History, and Bluff to rack up the bonuses before your Chief Negotiator makes his Diplomacy roll. The difference between your offer and King Shaaladel's will represent the DC of the negotiator's skill check. Note that this is only the bare framework - if you want to get more fancy I am certainly open to more elaborate shenanigans during the negotiations.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I will be available to show up early. Like 6pm

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
diplomacy SUCCEEDED.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Game today or is internet too great of an enemy?

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

Herr Tog posted:

Game today or is internet too great of an enemy?

I've made a few tweaks to my router settings and have been enjoying decidedly better connectivity (at least, good enough to enjoy the shitshow of the Final Fantasy XIV expansion launch in all its glory) so let's give it a shot. Stress test my wireless network tonight Monday, June 19th at 7 PM PST.

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
Ok, refresh me on what we're doing: We did the Diplomatic Meeting, and we're about to go rescue some prisoners, including hopefully Vigilance?

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

Gharbad the Weak posted:

Ok, refresh me on what we're doing: We did the Diplomatic Meeting, and we're about to go rescue some prisoners, including hopefully Vigilance?

Correct. The Gate Pass resistance has information that the campus of the School of War was converted into a PoW camp after the dragon Vorax-Hul defated the school's founder, Gabal, in single combat. Metamorphosis has told you that the Imperials are holding Vigilance (who, in turn, is keeping most of the Imperial-aligned trillith from escaping their home into the world) prison, most likely at that same prison.

So save the prisoners, save Vigilance, save the cheerleader, get cancelled after three seasons.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

kaynorr posted:

Correct. The Gate Pass resistance has information that the campus of the School of War was converted into a PoW camp after the dragon Vorax-Hul defated the school's founder, Gabal, in single combat. Metamorphosis has told you that the Imperials are holding Vigilance (who, in turn, is keeping most of the Imperial-aligned trillith from escaping their home into the world) prison, most likely at that same prison.

So save the prisoners, save Vigilance, save the cheerleader, get cancelled after three seasons.

also have an interesting foreign character and then in the end do nothing with them.

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.
Level 24:
+1 Wisdom
+1 Intelligence
Feat: Divine Mastery
Retrain Feat: Epic Resurgence (lose Mark of Warding)

TheDemon fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Jun 20, 2017

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

Gotta keep climbing that tower - there's no telling what's at the top. It's probably not three ancient gods and Kefka, but I can't promise that it's not.

Reveal the next part of the map tonight Monday, June 26th at 7 PM PST. Also, I cannot make game next Monday so we'll discuss substitute days.

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.
I should mention that I'll be away from July 10th through the 17th inclusive.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
DDI thinkgs making leveling hard. um I am referring to guide now.

TheDemon posted:

I should mention that I'll be away from July 10th through the 17th inclusive.

will anyone else be missing those dates?

Al Baron
Nov 12, 2007
I'm sorry I wasn't really paying attention at the end of last session but:

Did we decided on what day if/when we're having next weeks session?

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
I think things are a little up in the air? My memory has been murdered, but I know that Cerepol is going to Summer Games Done Quick, which means he's probably out the entirety of next week. The demon is gone from the 10th to the 17th, and SGDQ ends at the end of the 8th (if nothing goes wrong, otherwise it'll bleed into the 9th), so I think it boils down to what sessions Kaynorr believes all players need to account for.

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

Al Baron posted:

I'm sorry I wasn't really paying attention at the end of last session but:

Did we decided on what day if/when we're having next weeks session?

We decided this:
The 3rd we aren't having a game. The week is skipped.
The 10th and the 17th we are having a game, presuming everyone else shows up. Only I will be missing.

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

TheDemon posted:

We decided this:
The 3rd we aren't having a game. The week is skipped.
The 10th and the 17th we are having a game, presuming everyone else shows up. Only I will be missing.

Can confirm. Assuming everyone else can make it, we're on for the 10th and 17th. There aren't any world-shaking story beats coming up that every needs to be here for, unless you all decide to turn coat for the Empire or set yourselves up as the god kings of Gate Pass or somesuch.

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.

kaynorr posted:

set yourselves up as the god kings of Gate Pass or somesuch.

kaynorr stop spoiling my character's arc

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

We're short one TheDemon, but let's press onwards! With the prisoners rescued from Gabal's ruined school of war, has the tide been turned? Find out tonight Monday, July 10th, at 7 PM PST.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

I alas have returned to Canadaland safely from the dangerous streets of Minneapolis, though I don't think I will last long enough without crashing. I am sorry! (blame cheaping out on tickets so I get the longest travel day possible)

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

Cerepol posted:

I alas have returned to Canadaland safely from the dangerous streets of Minneapolis, though I don't think I will last long enough without crashing. I am sorry! (blame cheaping out on tickets so I get the longest travel day possible)

Glad to hear you made it safe and sound. No game this week then, the liberation of Gate Pass will have to wait another week. This means I might be able to make a contribution to my Endless Space 2 LP tonight.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

kaynorr posted:

Glad to hear you made it safe and sound. No game this week then, the liberation of Gate Pass will have to wait another week. This means I might be able to make a contribution to my Endless Space 2 LP tonight.

this is a wild ride

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

Herr Tog posted:

this is a wild ride

You have no idea. I've got another 9 turns ready to write up, and the first faction we meet is hilarious.

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

How to play Jade, the "basics", for next week:

Every Turn: Roll a d20, you can use it instead of anything once per round.

Typical turns:
Minor: Aegis of Shielding Mark (all in close burst 2) OR Oath of Emnity (one in close burst 3). Put on different enemies, and apply Aversion to every enemy you put either on. If done, Soulforge Hammering allows minor attacks.
Move: Teleport 6 and take that much fire damage. Turn on Concealment.
Standard: Overwhelming Strike is the best damage, roll twice vs Oath if no other enemy adjacent, apply Painful Oath and Siberys Shard of Radiance. Soulforge Hammering also good as it allows a minor attack for two turns. Splinter the Formation is very situational and bad damage.

If you're set up for a big damage round:
Free: Pick a target and use Use Vulnerability. Apply the attack penalty to all monsters of that type, shift drag the attack bonus onto the target monster.
Action Point: Regain a divine encounter power (Soulforge Hammering), use Soulforge Hammering, apply the effect before attacking.
Standard: Overwhelming Strike. Prone or drag if hit.
Minor: Soulforge Hammering again.
Next Turn: Soulforge Hammering as Minor again.

If you crit at any point:
After damage, apply Punishing Radiance to the guy you crit and every other enemy within 5 squares. Regain an encounter power once per combat.

Defendering:
If ally is hit by marked: Prevent 17 damage using Aegis of Shielding as Immediate Interrupt, Jade gains that much thp. Does not expend your Immediate Interrupt once per round.
If adjacent ally is attacked: Sigil Carver gives them +2 power bonus to all defenses.
If adjacent ally is hit by marked: Overwhelming Strike as Opportunity Action before damage, including possibly dragging the enemy out of range or shifting/teleporting Jade out of range, allowing mark punishment.
If ally is hit in melee: Surprising Transposition as Immediate Interrupt, make fort attack vs a second enemy, if success swap them and the ally.
If ally is hit: Sigil of Safety as Immediate Interrupt, teleport them within 5 of you, possibly negating the attack, apply +4 def bonus vs the attack if not negated.
If ally is not hit: Do nothing.
If non-Oath enemy moves (not shift/teleport) within 1 of you while you are adjacent to your Oath target: Overwhelming Strike them as Opportunity Attack, hopefully sending them prone and shifting you away.
If you are hit in melee: Strikebacks as Immediate Reaction.
If you are hit: Censure of Retribution gives one-shot +damage vs Oath target.

Remember:
Against non-Oath targets, don't roll twice, don't apply Painful Oath.
Turn any shift, including Overwhelming Strike, into a teleport that much plus 2.
After every Short Rest, gain [10 + 2 x Total Surges Used] thp. Currently 6 surges used so 22 thp every Short Rest.

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
Hey guys, the next FG update is coming, apparently, and it's got some stuff

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?39182-Test-Release-v3-3-2&p=345970#post345970

The tldr for US, probably, is that if YOU placed an effect on someone, YOU can also remove it. So no worries when I accidentally give the boss +3d8 damage. You can also edit your targeting of effects, which I think will effect that shift click drag drop ctrl alt delete nonsense. If it's what I think it is, you could just put the effect on yourself, and then put the target(s) in. Or something like that.

Anyway. Some stuff we've complained about may get easier. I can remove my own curses, and if a defender overwrites a mark, the other defender can get rid of theirs without bugging Kaynorr, and we can fix our own status mistakes.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
This is good!

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Very nice!

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

kaynorr posted:

We're short one TheDemon, but let's press onwards! With the prisoners rescued from Gabal's ruined school of war, has the tide been turned? Find out tonight Monday, July 17th, at 7 PM PST.

This, again. See you tonight!

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

There is a tiny chance that I may be home and coherent (not sleeping) in time for the game tonight. Plane lands about 2.5 hours before our usual time. Don't wait for me though.

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
Edit: This is actually an extension, not the part of the current patch. It's similar to what's coming, however.

Hey, I'm not sure if it's a plugin or anything, but in this FG game I'm joining, there's a thing that lets you remove statuses. This may be from the update, or this may be something that's been here a while, but like, if you have an effect button that adds

Grabbed

you can add a second effect called

REMOVE: Grabbed

So we might want to try it out

edit:

REMOVE: Prone on self might work now, we'll have to see.

Gharbad the Weak fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Jul 22, 2017

Al Baron
Nov 12, 2007
Hey, are we on for this week?

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

Al Baron posted:

Hey, are we on for this week?

We absolutely are! With the Legate and his monstrous entourage destroyed, General Denava has agreed to end the occupation of Gate Pass and restore freedom to the city. Will everything go according to plan? Of course it will, I don't know why you'd ask such a question. We'll meet according to plan tonight Monday, July 24th at 7 PM PST.

Be advised that tonight's content is experimental Early Access, and as such may contain greater or lesser quantities of balance or fun than normal. I'm trying something new, we'll see if it works.

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

If you show a giant statue of the emperor in the first adventure, and then show the same giant statue in the ninth adventure, Chekov's rules of DMing pretty require that at some point, the players will be required to fight the giant statue. I would never disappoint Chekov.

Find out if the Stormbreakers have a megazord of their own (they don't) tonight, Monday, July 31st at 7 PM PST.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Its morphin time

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

I actually was considering a power that increases my size at one point.

I took the power that makes me invisible instead, may be regretting that.

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

Hopefully I won't be late today but I might be up to an hour late, please start without me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

My internet poo poo the bed, so I'm phoneposting this. I'll reconnect when it comes up and see if folks are around.

• Locked thread