Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Senerio posted:

Liv's zombie gene would re-zombify Major during sex. That was a thing in Season 1.

That just means that they can't have sex. I'm all for the Liv/Major relationship to be over, because it's boring, but they went from being in love to seeing other people in an instant, and it just feels poorly written.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Liv's last relationship was whatsisface who got Romeroed last season. Pretty sure she and Major merely slept together a few weeks ago but haven't been officially together since they found out last season that zombiism could be transmitted.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

How long has that suicide murder suspect from the dominatrix killing been sitting in blue stuff? It's been a couple weeks, right? And then this week we found out that he couldn't have been one of her customers, because of his devotion to his dead wife.

Given what we saw with WWII bluestuff brain, Liv may be in for a bad trip.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

Facebook Aunt posted:

How long has that suicide murder suspect from the dominatrix killing been sitting in blue stuff? It's been a couple weeks, right? And then this week we found out that he couldn't have been one of her customers, because of his devotion to his dead wife.

Given what we saw with WWII bluestuff brain, Liv may be in for a bad trip.
Spoiler from preview.
That's exactly what happens. She starts seeing her most recent dead boyfriend.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Rhyno posted:

I met my fiance at the store so...........

How many times must we remind you that you cannot marry collectible Harley Quinn sculptures.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Oasx posted:

That just means that they can't have sex. I'm all for the Liv/Major relationship to be over, because it's boring, but they went from being in love to seeing other people in an instant, and it just feels poorly written.
Yeah I agree, they just moved on without even talking about it. When Liv agreed to go out with his friend it was pretty weird to me because as far as we knew Major and Liv were back in love and all that. A zombie cure is possible, in fact there's 16 batches of it out there somewhere.

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Jun 2, 2017

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Not enough talk itt about Liv's hat, in my opinion.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I mean, where did she even get it?

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

It's just a generic witch hat.

An old Halloween costume isn't out of realm of possibility.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
She probably hand stitched it while in D&D brain.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Special mention to Liv's and Ravi's awesome rollplayer accents.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Blaine's too good to get shot like the teaser implies but something about all the times Mr. Boss tried to kill him doesn't make me think the partnership will go smoothly. I really loved how Olivia smacked his face into the dash after he burnt her hand this episode though.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
Serious balls on Ravi though. Especially since it's Don E of all people.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
Cliffhangers! :argh:

Maybe I'm missing something, but what was up with the dead guy's daughter's comment after Liv and Clive left? If she and the other woman work for Filmore Graves wouldn't they already know about them? It's not like whatsherface was secretive about meeting them or anything.

edit: duh it wasn't the guard's daughter but the prisoner's.

bloom fucked around with this message at 12:00 on Jun 7, 2017

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

bloom posted:

Maybe I'm missing something, but what was up with the dead guard's daughter's comment after Liv and Clive left? If she and the other woman work for Filmore Graves wouldn't they already know about them? It's not like whatsherface was secretive about meeting them or anything.

Not necessarily -- they could have been out of the loop, thanks to being stationed off-base -- or a part of a separate faction within the organisation and therefore not really on speaking terms with the rest.

I was a little more confused by the ambiguity of some of the phrasing. When the daughter asks for clarification at the end of the scene, I thought she was asking about who witnessed her father's murder. Liv seems to think the kid is asking who _killed_ the prisoner, and tells the daughter it was a guard.

Which could mean that the poor guard character introduced this episode is going to end up dead.

(Also -- how much do the FBI know about what's going on with the zombies? Katty (the CDC lady) is working an open case that leads back to zombies, the photography woman seems to be undercover in the anti-zombie organisation much like Ravi, and Bozzio is back sniffing around. If Katty did, indeed, steal the cure, then could they all be working together?)

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

Serious balls on Ravi though. Especially since it's Don E of all people.

Seriously, he's getting pretty hardcore. :allears:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Clive and Peyton both crossing their arms and sighing as Liv had a vision was great.

Is it just me or does Rachel, Ravi's zombie investigation buddy, seem like an undercover agent of some kind? I'm real curious as to how they are going to tie up the plot this season because there are a bunch of them and they are all moving at a brisk pace. There wasn't even a murder of the week this episode!

e: Ninja, please

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Jun 7, 2017

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

How is their only 6 comments when we had Aly Michalka in leather as a dominatrix spanking Rose McIver what kind of goons have we become

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

Open Source Idiom posted:

Liv seems to think the kid is asking who _killed_ the prisoner, and tells the daughter it was a guard.

Which could mean that the poor guard character introduced this episode is going to end up dead.
That's who the wake was for. He already died or faked his own death on the cruise.

The other guards are all toeing the thin blue line. None of them saw or heard anything.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Gobbeldygook posted:

That's who the wake was for. He already died or faked his own death on the cruise.

The other guards are all toeing the thin blue line. None of them saw or heard anything.

Nah, I get that. I'm talking about the _other_ guard. I'm arguing that there's the potential for mistaken identity.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Clive and Peyton both crossing their arms and sighing as Liv had a vision was great.

Is it just me or does Rachel, Ravi's zombie investigation buddy, seem like an undercover agent of some kind? I'm real curious as to how they are going to tie up the plot this season because there are a bunch of them and they are all moving at a brisk pace. There wasn't even a murder of the week this episode!

e: Ninja, please

I'm sure she's definitely not part of the MURICA crowd. I'm wondering if she's a zombie too, part of another group that's not military, and she latched onto Ravi when he said "cure". Somehow she's found a way to fake a pulse for the militia dudes.

Either that or she has a zombie friend/relative, hence the "once they become like that, there's no going back?". Maybe she has a daughter that went Romero.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
"Is Peyton here? Nah, I'm just messing with you. Hey, wanna go kick some rear end?"

Blaine is at his best when everything he says is conversational, including threats.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Medullah posted:

How is their only 6 comments when we had Aly Michalka in leather as a dominatrix spanking Rose McIver what kind of goons have we become

with inexplicable cat ears :allears:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Medullah posted:

I was in my bunk.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Peyton got really into that role play...

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

I didn't see any shopping bags, so that outfit was already in the apartment.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Medullah posted:

Someone should post gifs.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
As much as i like Evil Blaine, i would have liked them to go a bit further with Good Blaine. He genuinely seemed to want to change, but as soon as Peyton dumped him it was right back to being evil.
That being said, great episode.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Oasx posted:

As much as i like Evil Blaine, i would have liked them to go a bit further with Good Blaine. He genuinely seemed to want to change, but as soon as Peyton dumped him it was right back to being evil.
That being said, great episode.

As soon as his dad resurfaced and took back the inheritance, and then he got dumped by Payton, lost his lounge singer gig, and then his business was ruined with his inventory, customers, and staff all stolen, and then he got gut shot it was right back to being evil.

He is actually really good at being a funeral director (and part-time lounge singer). If he'd been left with just that, maybe he would have tried to stay on the straight and narrow. Had a normal life. Let someone else deal with the brains and zombies. But his dad wanted him dead. He wasn't going to be allowed to be a humble funeral director. At that point his choices are go into hiding, or say gently caress it and take back Evil Blaine's life.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I don't trust the girl who Major is hooking up with in Fort Lust at all. She contacted him from out of nowhere, instantly seduced him, and conveniently let him answer questions about himself while not volunteering much about herself. I'm sure she has ulterior motives.

It's almost too suspicious Major and Ravi both have new attractive women taking an interest in them, with everything going on.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Hispanic! At The Disco posted:

I didn't see any shopping bags, so that outfit was already in the apartment.

Considering the ears I just figured they needed a dominatrix-type outfit and all they had at hand was an old "sexy cat" Halloween costume

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

ShakeZula posted:

Considering the ears I just figured they needed a dominatrix-type outfit and all they had at hand was an old "sexy cat" Halloween costume

Yeah, but there was still no reason to wear the ears. That could have just been explained with a throwaway line of 'Good thing I've still had this old Halloween costume'

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

I don't trust the girl who Major is hooking up with in Fort Lust at all. She contacted him from out of nowhere, instantly seduced him, and conveniently let him answer questions about himself while not volunteering much about herself. I'm sure she has ulterior motives.

It's almost too suspicious Major and Ravi both have new attractive women taking an interest in them, with everything going on.
The Ravi woman probably is up to something good and Major's lady seems up to something bad. especially the way she keeps documenting the things he's saying.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Yeah, it's either that or she is a serial killer nut. Either way, it's bad.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Fast Luck posted:

The Ravi woman probably is up to something good and Major's lady seems up to something bad. especially the way she keeps documenting the things he's saying.

Oh yeah, she's definitely doing something like making a documentary "My month with a serial killer. It was terrifying"

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

Medullah posted:

Oh yeah, she's definitely doing something like making a documentary "My month with a serial killer. It was terrifying"

That's the impression I got when she filmed him in the latest episode.

Also it's kinda dumb of Major to just invite her over like that. Dude's getting all kinds of death threats and doesn't even consider that the one nice letter might be a lie?

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

bloom posted:

That's the impression I got when she filmed him in the latest episode.
I notice she didn't sing along with the camp song (Hudsucker Proxy vibe).

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

bloom posted:

Also it's kinda dumb of Major to just invite her over like that.

He's super lonely. The only other woman who would date him can't because she's a zombie. It's either take his chances with this possibly crazy lady or start posting on /r/incels.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

spookygonk posted:

I notice she didn't sing along with the camp song (Hudsucker Proxy vibe).

Yeah that was definitely meant to be a tell, or she's intentionally recording him saying things so she can edit it together to sound nefarious.

Either way, I think we can all agree that Ravi's girl is good and Majors girl is bad because Ravi is awesome and Major, while also awesome, is cursed to eat a poo poo sandwich by life on a regular basis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Medullah posted:

Either way, I think we can all agree that Ravi's girl is good and Majors girl is bad because Ravi is awesome and Major, while also awesome, is cursed to eat a poo poo sandwich by life on a regular basis.
Yes. This. Always.

also, this:

spookygonk fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Jun 8, 2017

• Locked thread