Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crazy Pigeon
Nov 2, 2010
Summertime! Shamelessly copying buhbuhj's pinstripes on my Ecoboost. Now debating whether to get a tune...

Crazy Pigeon fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Jun 4, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Shamelessly fixing your post.

Looks great!

Cage fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Jun 4, 2017

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
If you want a blue car with white fender hashes, go visit your local Chevy dealer. :colbert:

I'm only kidding

Crazy Pigeon
Nov 2, 2010
And here I thought the picture just was still uploading or something. Thanks anyways.

Also fender hashes are cool!
.... r... right?

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

It's your car, if you like them they're cool.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
Ok but the mirrors need to be white now too

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

That is both reasonable and correct.

H2SO4
Sep 11, 2001

put your money in a log cabin

Buglord
Those fender hashes look sick as hell.

And also, for sure, get a tune. I went with Tune+ from adamtuned.com. Dude kicks rear end and if you have the lifetime tune package he'll do multiple fuel maps/etc for you too.

I'm swapping out my charge pipes and installing the DV+ tomorrow, hopefully. Gonna swing by Summit Racing tomorrow and get some better silicone couplers first, the ones that come with the AEM pipes feel kinda flimsy.

H2SO4 fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Jun 4, 2017

Crazy Pigeon
Nov 2, 2010

Buhbuhj posted:

Ok but the mirrors need to be white now too

Only if you get red fender hashes on yours!

Also in terms of tune I was thinking of the Ford performance or a Roush tune because I at least get a warranty off those. I'm super paranoid about my engine blowing up. :ohdear:

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Dirty rear end rain! :argh:

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Is Ford Racing selling a retro 427?

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
I'm absolutely never doing fender hashes on a car.

In other news here's the drop I settled for:

About 1/2 inch in the back and almost an inch up front.

As for the performance of the coil overs, I still need to get the damping dialed in. I can immediately tell the spring rate is a solid upgrade though, because there's way less body roll and brake dive.

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001

Buhbuhj posted:

As for the performance of the coil overs, I still need to get the damping dialed in. I can immediately tell the spring rate is a solid upgrade though, because there's way less body roll and brake dive.

its so easy to get the suspension bug. Every suspension mod you do will make your car feel like a new car.

Cage posted:

Dirty rear end rain! :argh:

I actually had the car out in the rain (dont worry I wasnt driving it) and a birded pooped on it.
I'll spare you the horrible aftermath pictures but my car was dirty AF.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

kalvick posted:

(dont worry I wasnt driving it)

Believe me, nobody was worried about this.

I'm sorry, I couldn't help myself...

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

Q_res posted:

Believe me, nobody was worried about this.
Can confirm.

fps_bill
Apr 6, 2012

Those fender hashes look good man.

So for the last 2 weeks I've been driving around wondering what the gently caress LC was and why it was on the bottom left corner of my screen. Turns out I enabled launch control and didn't know it.

I loving love how my car looks, finally got a chance to wax it today.

Dinurth
Aug 6, 2004

?
Anyone ever shipped their car cross country, any recommendations for companies?

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Dinurth posted:

Yeah me Ill drive your Bullitt. Where ya goin? :v:

(Not 100% joking, buying me two flights and gas money would be cheaper than a moving company!)

Cage fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Jun 5, 2017

Dinurth
Aug 6, 2004

?

Cage posted:

Yeah me Ill drive your Bullitt. Where ya goin? :v:

(Not 100% joking, buying me two flights and gas money would be cheaper than a moving company!)

Luckily I don't have to pay for it, new company is covering the cost of everything! They will pay mileage too if I wanted to drive it, and I would if I didn't need to move so quickly.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Ok in that case I charge $1500.

Congrats though, where ya moving to?

Dinurth
Aug 6, 2004

?
Austin, TX ----> Raleigh, NC

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Dinurth posted:

Austin, TX ----> Raleigh, NC

Austin is pretty rad but on the slightly bright side Raleigh is arguably the best part of NC. I'm in Charlotte and it's meh.

Dinurth
Aug 6, 2004

?
The week or so of combined time I've spent in Raleigh reminds me a lot of Austin 10-15 years ago. Which is awesome because Austin has become a poo poo show.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Raleigh is very good but all of the good is just spread out all over between raleigh / durham / chapel hill

H2SO4
Sep 11, 2001

Buglord
AEM charge pipes and DV+ installed. Shoutout to AEM for including the wrong size silicone couplers on the hot side pipe. I used Mishimoto T-clamps instead of the worm gear ones and replaced all of the silicone couplers with ones from Vibrant performance. I need to get new hose for the bypass valve now since the new pipes put the valve at a different angle.

The grey pipes match my paint too, so that's gotta be at least 10 extra horsepower right there.

thebigcow
Jan 3, 2001

Bully!

Dinurth posted:

The Superspeeders guy says they're all terrible for the same reason.

Jymmybob
Jun 26, 2000

Grimey Drawer

Dinurth posted:

Intercity Lines has a big following on Rennlist and I had them quote moving my 996TT from Memphis to Cleveland in an enclosed trailer but ended up going with a mom and pop enclosed trailer operation after a UShip auction because they'd take the extra sets of wheels at minimal extra charge. I was really happy with them so here's a shameless plug http://www.uship.com/profile/Kynascarfan1966/ They were the only transport with a pretty long history yet perfect score but still managed to also be the cheapest.

Dinurth
Aug 6, 2004

?
Appreciate the recommendations, I've yet to talk to anyone that sounded better than "if it breaks we have insurance".

...and half the assholes don't even get back to me.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Just sayin. If it breaks you have insurance.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Cage aren't you a know mustang murderer?

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
The pedestrians have to win one occasionally.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Elephanthead posted:

Cage aren't you a know mustang murderer?
That's not fair, everyone in this thread knows how much I loved my car. There was nothing I could've done to prevent it beyond not driving that night. :(

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Kalvick was right

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Its funny because I'm not driving this car as much as my old one since its so nice. Every time I drive it I think about about the wear and tear my heels are putting on the carpet, and how I try to be careful not to slide around on the leather seat as much. Still I think I already surpassed kalvicks mileage, even though it was lower when i bought it.

Also I'm not in love with the color. Been thinking about getting a price for some vinyl wrap or something.

H2SO4
Sep 11, 2001

Buglord
WeatherTech mats, my man. They are basically a big bucket that protect the whole floor and the sides/back of the pedal area. I hear you about the leather seats though, I'm trying to care for em as much as possible but that's gotta be a losing battle.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
You keep rubber mats in your car year round?

H2SO4
Sep 11, 2001

Buglord
I do. To be fair, I've only had it 7 months but it was one of the first things I did. They look pretty nice and they're easy to clean. It's hard to explain, but they're more hard plastic instead of the traditional all-weather mats you're probably thinking of. I'll try to grab a decent pic to show what they look like.

thebigcow
Jan 3, 2001

Bully!
After I wore a hole under the throttle pedal I went to rubber mats year round. I should probably get weather tech or something like it so I can stop cleaning out salt with a rug doctor.

LongSack
Jan 17, 2003

H2SO4 posted:

WeatherTech mats, my man. They are basically a big bucket that protect the whole floor and the sides/back of the pedal area. I hear you about the leather seats though, I'm trying to care for em as much as possible but that's gotta be a losing battle.

Seconding this. They're not rubber, but a hard plastic that is specifically fitted to the vehicle. I bought a full set for my new mustang before I even had the car, although I haven't bothered to put the back seat ones in. The trunk liner is awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

Cage posted:

You keep rubber mats in your car year round?
Why would you not?