Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
X-men ruin everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

a bunch of muties in this thread :thunk:

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014
%n rights are for %n

Mr. Maggy fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Jun 7, 2017

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Lol magneto

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

6600 crystals ahahaa

ABombpk
Jul 31, 2013
Applied to Marble Hebrons as Abombpk. It's me, Voon!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

VIP 9 here I come! :homebrew:

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS
X-Men are cool and the new costumes are cool but this is the most gently caress you give me money update they've done.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Stunt Rock posted:

X-Men are cool and the new costumes are cool but this is the most gently caress you give me money update they've done.

:hai:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

It's some bullshit that that package doesn't increase your VIP.

Vodos
Jul 17, 2009

And how do we do that? We hurt a lot of people...

Hmm gonna have to change my energy management completely with these new tracking missions, 4 * 10 bios daily, at 4 energy per run, not reduced during hot time.
Between dumping uru story missions and WBI I'll probably have to dump WBI since I love me some uru. That's really gonna hurt my gold income though... any thoughts?

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Vodos posted:

Hmm gonna have to change my energy management completely with these new tracking missions, 4 * 10 bios daily, at 4 energy per run, not reduced during hot time.
Between dumping uru story missions and WBI I'll probably have to dump WBI since I love me some uru. That's really gonna hurt my gold income though... any thoughts?

I'm definitely cutting back on WBI. I've been dumping a ton of energy on it for months because I didn't have anywhere useful to spend it otherwise. I'll probably still do it 4-5 times a day.

Also: uh

So the Gwenpool uniform is super OP

Mr. Meagles fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Jun 7, 2017

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Going to try this game again.

things have changed in your absence.

e: They gave me a 6* selector as a return gift. Should I use that on Sharon Rogers?

Largepotato fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Jun 7, 2017

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Yes. Get Sharon Rodgers. She is so good

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Datasmurf posted:

I sold of 30k of each regular, and 15k chaos norns, and I'm still at 14k of the regular ones, and 10k chaos.

jesus christ

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

mama mia

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

ABombpk posted:

Applied to Marble Hebrons as Abombpk. It's me, Voon!

Yay! I'll get ya in!

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Stunt Rock posted:

yeah

i gotta assume its a one off tho. nobodys gonna pay 6600 crystals for douglock, strong guy, and lila cheney.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

That is correct; the proper price for Douglock is 10K crystals and not a drop less.

I already hosed up a little. Spent all me event mission tokens on Rogue, should have saved a package or two for Beast and now I need to 3* him to continue the epic quest. Woe is me.

Gonna Stark again, then I can get magneto next week or so with my crystals already hoarded. I'm only VIP 3 so I don't feel the shame too badly yet. I think I've Starked 4 times, got the monthly bio once, and straight bought $10 worth of crystals on black friday.

Not sure what to do with Shadowlands selectors now. All unfarmables are at 6*. Guess I could spend them on the warriors 3 because it looks like I'm gonna be dumping most of my energy into x-mens. Hm.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
Bah. Gonna need 5 rank 4 bam to progress. I have two. Guess that's what I get for trying to level up Thanos.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
how pay to win is it to get the xmen

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Holyshoot posted:

how pay to win is it to get the xmen

you can get Rogue, Beast, Storm, Cyclops and Wolverine by doing the epic quest for free

Magnemite costs 6600 crystals, which is a lot, but it's not a straight up you have to buy this for money type of thing. You can hoard crystals for him.

You need 5 T2 X-Guys as a requirement to get Jean

Blorknorg
Jul 19, 2003
Crush me like a Blorknorg!

It's also good to note that if you aren't burning any of your rank up tickets it's going to take 63 days to get your x-mens enough bios to get them to six stars. The epic mission 'only' requires you to get five stars which would be 31 days after you unlock Cyclops' mission. The Phoenix unlock however requires that you T2 all of them, that's another 30-40 days of bio grinding to get all of them up to 4/20 gear rankings, and then another couple weeks for the T2 conversions. In short only the most eldritch whalegods will be showing up with Phoenix anytime soon.

Much like all free to play mobile games you have to be satisfied with the long game if you're a free player.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Please note there is a 7 day check in and you get a 6* MEGA TICKET for free!

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Also calling it pay to win is kind of a misnomer. Jean may be queen of Timeline shortly but I long since stopped caring about Timeline wins. Alliance tournament I guess? But no one really gives a rootin' toot about that either.

Personally I'm wondering how this is going to scale with other x-mens when they inevitably come out. Are we going to get a way to grind generic x-genes at some point? Probably a new batch of special missions or something.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Badowlands 2.0 with xgene rewards

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Cr-ystl'lia Amadallalaquiellin's costume 6 skill is rad.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

The status board is a nice QoL upgrade.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Gonna give it a couple days but I'm thinking it's probably time for a break. I was pretty burnt out after finishing 6*ing the last of the roster. Was kind of counting on the X-Men patch to get me excited about the game again.

Instead the treadmill feels super blatant, paywalling the only character I cared about blows, and little stuff like being lovely about bio selectors/stockpiled BAM/Chaos Norns feels bad. With access to a billion X-Men and FF characters they really could have thrown in a couple story missions with Speedball and Strong Guy or something.

If you were having fun before the patch you're probably still having fun now. It's still probably the best mobile F2P title on the market and I don't think this patch changes that.

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time
Digging the new status board (that's new, isn't it?) No more having to use multiple menus to get all my daily poo poo out of the way.

TyrsHTML
May 13, 2004

I have applied to Worst Alliance as Tyrshtml.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Missions that make you watch them instead of auto completing are a war crime

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

:barf:

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Looking to add more people to my list

Username: MrICGs

Sent in application to Doctor Goons.

This game is so much better than the pc mmo.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I haven't really played this game in a while but I find it messed up Luke Cage is the person they chose to represent the Token Shop.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Push El Burrito posted:

I haven't really played this game in a while but I find it messed up Luke Cage is the person they chose to represent the Token Shop.

Well you see he is the token...ohhhhh I see what you're saying!

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Push El Burrito posted:

Yeah I just about spit my coke out when I saw that one. Reminded me of that Guardian Cross ad banner back in the day...

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Please don't dox me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

STATUS BOARD

is so freaking good