Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Also Jam's case on me is pretty poo poo too. All my "bad posts" was when nothing was happening. Hell, I ended up voting chaoslord just to bump this thread up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I'm gonna move the deadline up to 12 AM for now. I'm sorry if that isn't that helpful to those outside EST but it's the best I can do.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

chaoslord (2): Tired Moritz, Kasumeat
Sandwolf (2): The Ninth Layer, Ixtlilton
Ixtlilton (1): GulagDolls
Kasumeat (1): chaoslord
The Ninth Layer (1): Added Space
Pinterest Mom (1): Sandwolf
TMMadman (1): Ernie.
Tired Moritz (0): Jamuraan, Jamuraan
Raeg (0): Kasumeat, Kasumeat
Mr. F! (0): Sandwolf, Sandwolf
Jamuraan (0): Kasumeat, Kasumeat

Not Voting (7): CirclMastr, Dr. Hurt, Jamuraan, Mr. F!, Pinterest Mom, Raeg, TMMadman

With 16 alive, it's 9 votes to execute. The current deadline is June 08th, 2017 at midnight EDT -- that's in about 14 hours, 24 minutes.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Also, I'd like for every player to have at least 10 posts by day's end. They don't have to be War and Peace, but don't just post the alphabet either.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I want Jamuraan to loving fight me in the courtyard

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.

Jonathan Fisk posted:

I'm gonna move the deadline up to 12 AM for now. I'm sorry if that isn't that helpful to those outside EST but it's the best I can do.

That's fine but no way I'll be up at 5am so I'll try to be about until sleepytown.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I'll make an effort to have weekend deadlines in afternoon EST.

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
Come on, people, I can't do needlessly elaborate and probably wrong analysis without more votes to go off of.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I guess I'm supposed to direct something at Gulag because of my gut.

So, Gulag, what would be your strategy if you were playing a single round of Prisoner's Dilemma with a complete stranger you could not communicate with?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Sandwolf posted:

It's Day 1, you could have voted me here, but instead you chose to kind of just drive by. Is it scummy or not? Would you vote for me based on that or not?

I don't think anyone gives a poo poo if they have a "serious vote" out on beginning of Day 1. I voted for PMom because it seemed they were posting a lot around people starting to create real content and weren't saying anything of value or even conviction themselves.

I'm already voting for you, why would I vote for you again? That post is why I'm still voting you.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
day 1's are getting shittier.

##unvote
if you agree, vote for ##vote Jamuraan

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

Tired Moritz posted:

day 1's are getting shittier.

##unvote
if you agree, vote for ##vote Jamuraan

This is an interesting point.

##vote: Tired Moritz

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
voting me in day 1 is an active scum move.

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

Tired Moritz posted:

hmmmm, scum voting day one tends to be more of a town move in my experience.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
lol at saying im scum, when i've been trying to get this slow rear end day 1 moving.

if you think I'm scum, then tell me why?

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

Tired Moritz posted:

lol at saying im scum, when i've been trying to get this slow rear end day 1 moving.

if you think I'm scum, then tell me why?

Well, for a start, claiming you've been trying to get this day moving is hilarious. You also oscillate between "OH GOD DAY ONE JOKES" and "hey, I'm telling a joke too" in attempts to try and fit in, finally, every "content" post you've had so far is pointing a finger back at anyone, who for any reason, is a bit suspicious of you.

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

please point to you getting the day moving, was it challenging Jammy to an irl fight?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Tired Moritz posted:

I'm not sure I believe this post because the last two games I played with Tired, I was scum and in both games my team kept Tired alive until well into the game.

And the funny part is that I think he was actually the one person in both games that was the closest to figuring things out, but nobody wanted to listen to him.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

TMMadman posted:

I'm not sure I believe this post because the last two games I played with Tired, I was scum and in both games my team kept Tired alive until well into the game.

And the funny part is that I think he was actually the one person in both games that was the closest to figuring things out, but nobody wanted to listen to him.

I really hope nobody expects me to be able to metagame based on previous mafia games.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

CirclMastr posted:

I'm not posting much because it's day 1 of a day start game and there's literally nothing to talk about, all votes are joke votes.

TMM called CirclMastr out on this but it's silly and Day 1 is good and cool. Day 1 has big beefy muscles and can kick the Footsball from very far and has sex with a lot of people because of this fact.

Added Space posted:

So what I'm gathering is that information gathering in Mafia is like international diplomacy - make innocuous small talk, act hugely offended, and try to discern meaning behind vacuous words.

Yeah basically. Except you say more fucks in international diplomacy.

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

I just got this fortune cookie so I know I'm on the right track

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

TMMadman posted:

youre thinking of someone else

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Raeg posted:

please point to you getting the day moving, was it challenging Jammy to an irl fight?

I'm trying to get Jammy to elaborate on his vote reasoning. I'm the one bumping the thread when it's quiet. If you're think I'm not making quality content, then I suggest you ask me some questions then? btw I fos chaoslord, and pin mom for that inane shade discussion.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

loving kill ixt already. im so right about this. im faking another cop investigation. i just realcopped ixt and hes scum. vote him.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
you can disagree but everyone knows that voting me would get nothing for day 2.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Here is a fun game. Anyone can play.

If you were stranded on a deserted football island, and all of us would here:

1. Who would you trust to have your football back while you bring order back to chaos.
2. Who would you eat to survive, consuming their strong but tender football muscles for the nutrients to do the dread things you need to do.
3. Who would you throw into the football volcano in order to rescue everyone else.

Thank you in advance

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

Tired Moritz posted:

okay, this seals me wanting to keep my vote right here in this lovely location.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

But like literally anyone could say that. That seems v. silly to say.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
lol at raeg going "im not going to play and just gonna stick my vote on the easy kill"

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

Tired Moritz posted:

lol at raeg going "im not going to play and just gonna stick my vote on the easy kill"

Yeah, not because you keep trying to portray yourself as an easy kill and point the finger at anyone who ever looks at you weird, because, oh no, poor you, you're an easy kill.

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

Also what is Mafia but using information to make a vote you are content with? How am I not playing? Mmmm hmmm

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

GulagDolls posted:

youre thinking of someone else

I may be wrong about the last Ecco game, but I know TM was right during Kashs Katamari game because I kept him alive even though he was right and then set him up to be the final fall guy. And the whole time he was telling everyone that I was lying my rear end off.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

"I'm such an easy kill. I'm such an easy kill." - Tasty Moritz pours bbq sauce all over himself. "Don't eat me don't eat me I'm probably bland and full of empty calories"

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Dr. Hurt posted:

But like literally anyone could say that. That seems v. silly to say.

No, it's definitely true. I got a reputation as a poo poo player (for mostly valid reasons). Hell, the last game had someone pushing me and then just making a bullshit lie when questioned on why they pushed and then it was dropped like hot cakes.

I refuse to let that happen again. mainly because that game was really boring to read.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Dr. Hurt posted:

Here is a fun game. Anyone can play.

If you were stranded on a deserted football island, and all of us would here:

1. Who would you trust to have your football back while you bring order back to chaos.
2. Who would you eat to survive, consuming their strong but tender football muscles for the nutrients to do the dread things you need to do.
3. Who would you throw into the football volcano in order to rescue everyone else.

Thank you in advance

Answer to all three is Raeg because of the Scrooge McDuck avatar.

1. Scrooge is a capitalist and captain of industry, he knows how to get poo poo done.
2. Duck is delicious.
3. Gotta cook the duck over the volcano heat before eating.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

TMMadman posted:

I may be wrong about the last Ecco game, but I know TM was right during Kashs Katamari game because I kept him alive even though he was right and then set him up to be the final fall guy. And the whole time he was telling everyone that I was lying my rear end off.

oh my loving god, please don't remind me about that game.

also I might had hosed up in that ecco game but I guessed all the scum correctly in that game (ignoring the secret multiple serial killer 3rd party but whatevs)

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

Tired Moritz posted:

No, it's definitely true. I got a reputation as a poo poo player (for mostly valid reasons). Hell, the last game had someone pushing me and then just making a bullshit lie when questioned on why they pushed and then it was dropped like hot cakes.

I refuse to let that happen again. mainly because that game was really boring to read.

I honestly and truly believe TM is trying to use his martyrdom to try and squeak by, tugging on the heartstrings of those who have played with him in the past.

Now I'm going to the pub, like a proper footballman, SO THERE

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

TMMadman posted:

everyone said you were lying, we just didnt consider the possibility of eight scum or whatever because its retarded

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

CirclMastr posted:

Answer to all three is Raeg because of the Scrooge McDuck avatar.

1. Scrooge is a capitalist and captain of industry, he knows how to get poo poo done.
2. Duck is delicious.
3. Gotta cook the duck over the volcano heat before eating.

Hmmm interesting. In this scenario then, would he know that you are feeding him to the fire, a final acceptance of what must be done to save the islanders? Or would he fight it every step of the way? (He is smarter than the smarties and tougher than the toughies so good loving luck feeding the Scrooge McD into a volcano)

• Locked thread