Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Caufman
May 7, 2007
Yes, I would like to know more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Lol

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

https://i.imgur.com/VChHocC.gifv

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

this just gets to the point in all the right ways

Serak
Jun 18, 2000

Approaching Midnight.

Stex T
Mar 7, 2005

Shut the fuck up and get out. Have fun being a slave of the rich and powerful.

soylon
Jan 29, 2015

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Proper spicy memes here :britain:

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

Mister Adequate posted:

Proper spicy memes here :britain:

Proper British spicy. So like waving a tin of curry powder near it level of spice

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

bunnyofdoom posted:

Proper British spicy. So like waving a tin of curry powder near it level of spice

oi u cheeky little gobshite brits are the spiciest, why just now i ate me dinner and i put ketchup on me chips

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
idk if this a meme

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

Montalvo posted:

idk if this a meme

Sure, why not.

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

Wait a minute....

Zoom and enhance!

Caufman
May 7, 2007

Comptroll The Forums posted:

Wait a minute....

Zoom and enhance!

Spit taking, and I don't even loss.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Wait a minute....

Zoom and enhance!

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

something seems slightly off

wait, idea

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Trebuchet King posted:

something seems slightly off

wait, idea

Yeah but that's a Wonster.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Wait a minute....

Zoom and enhance!

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
😈

Only registered members can see post attachments!

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Montalvo posted:

idk if this a meme

counting it as a meme because gently caress it memes

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9cSaKCuaos

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHMP8KfgIv4

JOHNSON COCKSLAP
Apr 2, 2017

by Lowtax
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7iUYWMD77w

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

this owns

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus
Is there some UK version of gerrymandering and voter suppression that keeps the Tories in power? I don't get it at all.

JOHNSON COCKSLAP
Apr 2, 2017

by Lowtax
the NHS has been doing too good a job keeping old people alive.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Clitch posted:

Is there some UK version of gerrymandering and voter suppression that keeps the Tories in power? I don't get it at all.

Our voters are racist xenophobes who are scared of the brown people.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Slime posted:

Our voters are racist xenophobes who are scared of the brown people.

I was gonna say it probably has something to do with packies and muzzies

We have a similar problem in the US

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
also apparently as a nation we love killing people, torturing people and beating kids

soylon
Jan 29, 2015

Caufman
May 7, 2007
Games improve when they let you smoke reefer.

See Rimworld Alpha 15.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Caufman posted:

Games improve when they let you smoke reefer.

See Rimworld Alpha 15.

I lost a colonist because she was so deep in the reefer madness she ran into a burning room that had smokeleaf in it.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

The Monster can says, in Hebrew numerology, 18. You're supposed to add the numbers, genius. Basic numerology error right there. That poo poo was invented before we even had Arabic numerals and our lovely place-value-based number system. In the contemporary Roman number system of the time, "six six six" wouldn't be "DCLXVI" = 666 (five hundred, one hundred, fifty, ten, five, and one), it would be"VIVIVI" = not an intelligible number. Three sixes does not make six hundred and sixty six until centuries later when the Christian world adopted number systems based on place values. This is a common error; most other crazy theories about the Number of the Beast make the same mistake.

Fun fact, and an example of how these sorts of numerology systems are supposed to actually work: According to many Biblical scholars, the original code from the time Revelations was written was, transliterated from Greek to Hebrew to English, "NRON QSR" (Nero Caesar), which corresponds to 50+200+6+50+100+60+200=666. If you leave off the second N, which happens if you're transliterating the Latin form of the name instead of the Greek, you get 616, which is found in some versions of Revelation, including the oldest papyrus fragment we have. It was a sort of anti-establishment code, where the story could talk about the emperor being a crazy evil bastard without actually saying his name. What's weird is that it was probably written decades after Nero's death, so scholars think that it may have been a jab comparing the emperor at the time to Nero, or possibly that it was based on the belief, popular in the eastern parts of the Empire, that Nero was not dead and would rise again. This whole idea is bolstered by the fact that the "mark of the beast" is, according to Revelation, supposed to be on coins and stuff, just as Nero's likeness was on coins and things issued by the Empire.

That's my two-minute lecture on 1st century Christian memes, thanks for reading.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

DontMockMySmock posted:

The Monster can says, in Hebrew numerology, 18. You're supposed to add the numbers, genius. Basic numerology error right there. That poo poo was invented before we even had Arabic numerals and our lovely place-value-based number system. In the contemporary Roman number system of the time, "six six six" wouldn't be "DCLXVI" = 666 (five hundred, one hundred, fifty, ten, five, and one), it would be"VIVIVI" = not an intelligible number. Three sixes does not make six hundred and sixty six until centuries later when the Christian world adopted number systems based on place values. This is a common error; most other crazy theories about the Number of the Beast make the same mistake.

Fun fact, and an example of how these sorts of numerology systems are supposed to actually work: According to many Biblical scholars, the original code from the time Revelations was written was, transliterated from Greek to Hebrew to English, "NRON QSR" (Nero Caesar), which corresponds to 50+200+6+50+100+60+200=666. If you leave off the second N, which happens if you're transliterating the Latin form of the name instead of the Greek, you get 616, which is found in some versions of Revelation, including the oldest papyrus fragment we have. It was a sort of anti-establishment code, where the story could talk about the emperor being a crazy evil bastard without actually saying his name. What's weird is that it was probably written decades after Nero's death, so scholars think that it may have been a jab comparing the emperor at the time to Nero, or possibly that it was based on the belief, popular in the eastern parts of the Empire, that Nero was not dead and would rise again. This whole idea is bolstered by the fact that the "mark of the beast" is, according to Revelation, supposed to be on coins and stuff, just as Nero's likeness was on coins and things issued by the Empire.

That's my two-minute lecture on 1st century Christian memes, thanks for reading.

:agreed:

I had a friend explain the Nero thing to me years ago. Basically probably maybe don't give too much credulity to MONSTER woman

We need to keep searching :tinfoil:

Caufman
May 7, 2007

Stale Saltines posted:

I lost a colonist because she was so deep in the reefer madness she ran into a burning room that had smokeleaf in it.

We don't have to pity her. Pity the colonists still eating raw insect meat while their spouses have an affair with the pretty newcomer.

soylon
Jan 29, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

budgieinspector
Mar 24, 2006

According to my research,
these would appear to be
Budgerigars.