Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suspect A
Jan 1, 2015

Nap Ghost
Apparently people out there are still making Warcraft 3 mods.It's gotten a bit out of hand.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYQDoOeHeyA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
I don't know this seems to be much like the maps we used to play ten years ago in the middle of the night half asleep and half drunk.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

The Kins posted:

Here's something the Facepunch forums have been toying with. It fills my heart with joy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lo0k4dlnm2w

In Hell it is forever 1997.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

dont even fink about it posted:

In Hell it is forever 1997.

Goldeneye, Dungeon Keeper, Quake II, Dark Forces II, Carmageddon, Total Annihilation, Riven, Fallout, Age of Empires, Grand Theft Auto?

I want to go to hell now.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Morglon posted:

I don't know this seems to be much like the maps we used to play ten years ago in the middle of the night half asleep and half drunk.

Woulda been goku instead of squidward though

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS
Arma 3 is an amazing platform for modding that sadly goes unappreciated in favor of small scale "dynamic combat" mods that are often just the equivalent of placing a few random assets somewhere to cap or take out.

Don't believe me? Check this out. Someone remade Katamari Damacy in Arma 3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAxJDjPUk-g

Edit: Other highlights of Arma 3 modding include:

Whole Lotta Altis --- A map wide customizable progressive simulation of an entire war that starts off with you opting to play as guerilla insurgents or inserted NATO special operatives and ends with a full blown war zone with multiple factions duking it out over the island independent of your efforts.

An increasing number of mech mods that are pilotable. Said mods include Wanzer, Macross, and Mechwarrior mechs. Said mechs can be piloted alone or in duo's. And if you can pilot them alone then you know you are pro at the game, given how hard it is. They're also disturbingly effective in the right hands and situation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpZj3PEb_Cg

Archonex fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Jun 7, 2017

sockpuppetclock
Sep 12, 2010

Suspect A posted:

Apparently people out there are still making Warcraft 3 mods.It's gotten a bit out of hand.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYQDoOeHeyA
Lmfao that ending.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

double nine posted:

Goldeneye, Dungeon Keeper, Quake II, Dark Forces II, Carmageddon, Total Annihilation, Riven, Fallout, Age of Empires, Grand Theft Auto?

I want to go to hell now.

I'm not complaining, that video is like a magical time warp to when I was 15 and everyone went to the LAN and played nothing but pirated copies of Quake II/III.

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer
There's this mod for Skyrim called Perkus Maximus which is some gameplay overhaul with the loving longest description in the world. If you manage to scroll all the way down without getting tired you get the cringiest faq on earth:

quote:

Q: Explain your religous affinity.
A: I believe in the Holy Trinity. Goku is the saviour who sacrificed his life for mankind, returned from the dead to save manking again, and yet displayed forgiveness towards his enemies. Shrek is the embodiment of love and life. And the Helix Fossil is the divine spokesperson, always lending an open ear if you have questions.

Q: What is the final fight in Naruto?
A: Sharingan/Rinnegan Sasuke vs. Sage-of-the-Six-Paths Naruto. Both get their arms ripped off at the end of their fight. Naruto then talks Sasuke out of his rage, he becomes seventh Hokage, NaruHina and SasuSaku are canon.

Q: Hey :3
A: Sorry Q-Girl, not in the mood for jokes about man-woman relationship of any kind right now.
Q: Oh, u got hurt? :3 Come talk 2 me bby, I listen XD
A: No you don't. You're an imaginary character made for the sole purpose of entertaining the people that managed to read this far.
Q: ... :(

Q: Name a few decent bands/ music artists, and give me a song I should check out for each.
A: Celldweller (The Last Firstborn), Slipknot (Vermilion), Katatonia (Wait Outside), Blue Stahli (ULTRAnumb), Sybreed (Challenger), Tesseract (Nocturne), Pendulum (Self vs. Self), Jay Ray (The Great Art of Living)

Q: Name the bestest painter that ever existed
A: Zdzislav Beksinski, hands down.

Q: I am drunk, male, 35, and those ladies from across the table seem to fancy me. What do?
A: Make sure they are actually ladies, then present your pegina.

Q: I want to marry you. Are you single?
A: Yes I am. Are you a guy that redtexts to appear female?
Q: Goddamnit

Q: Will there ever be morningstars in PerMa?
A: If I find the time, yes.

PS Can someone recommend a good mod for a fresh new playthrough of Skyrim?

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Furia posted:

PS Can someone recommend a good mod for a fresh new playthrough of Skyrim?

Yes. Watch Touch the Skyrim. Use all the same mods they do.

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Glagha posted:

Yes. Watch Touch the Skyrim. Use all the same mods they do.

I was looking for more "changes to gameplay and perk system" and less "guards are chickens"

Not that chicken guards are unwelcome mind you but you know

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Furia posted:

I was looking for more "changes to gameplay and perk system" and less "guards are chickens"

Not that chicken guards are unwelcome mind you but you know

SPERG and go to this thread.

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Awesome, thanks. Them's a lot of words but I knew what I was getting into

In the interest of not making GBS threads up the thread too much with my own personal stuff, I would like to point everyone to the awesome Existence 2.0 which is available for all the Fallout games. It adds a radio station which on its own completely alters the ambiance of the game, and is highly recommended

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Sperg is great. That is all I wanted to say but I really enjoy what it brings to the game.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Archonex posted:

Arma 3 is an amazing platform for modding that sadly goes unappreciated in favor of small scale "dynamic combat" mods that are often just the equivalent of placing a few random assets somewhere to cap or take out.

Don't believe me? Check this out. Someone remade Katamari Damacy in Arma 3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAxJDjPUk-g

Edit: Other highlights of Arma 3 modding include:

Whole Lotta Altis --- A map wide customizable progressive simulation of an entire war that starts off with you opting to play as guerilla insurgents or inserted NATO special operatives and ends with a full blown war zone with multiple factions duking it out over the island independent of your efforts.

An increasing number of mech mods that are pilotable. Said mods include Wanzer, Macross, and Mechwarrior mechs. Said mechs can be piloted alone or in duo's. And if you can pilot them alone then you know you are pro at the game, given how hard it is. They're also disturbingly effective in the right hands and situation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpZj3PEb_Cg

That Katamari Armacy vid owns. That Whole Lotta Altis mod sounds like the Warfare mod for Stalker. Would it be worth it to pick up Arma 3 for it. On sale of course.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Seconding that SPERG is a great start for baby's first time modding. At least it was for my case.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

marshmallow creep posted:

Sperg is great. That is all I wanted to say but I really enjoy what it brings to the game.

Yeah, I actually feel like a goddamn prophesied hero of legend and can make my character unique playing with it.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Furia posted:

Awesome, thanks. Them's a lot of words but I knew what I was getting into

In the interest of not making GBS threads up the thread too much with my own personal stuff, I would like to point everyone to the awesome Existence 2.0 which is available for all the Fallout games. It adds a radio station which on its own completely alters the ambiance of the game, and is highly recommended

good post, that's an amazing mod.

I'd also recommend all cheska's mods: frostfall et al.

sebmojo fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Jun 8, 2017

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Sperg is great cause it lets me be a bowmage in something other then Dragon's Dogma.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Leal posted:

Sperg is great cause it lets me be a bowmage in something other then Dragon's Dogma.

I've never been more sold on a mod, even though I know it's probably not everything I'm hoping for since it's still fundamentally Skyrim.

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
Since I have Sperg and Ordinator installed (plus a shitton of the recommended Skyrim mods from the mods thread), anyone wanna suggest a fun and stupid build? Both of those combined really let you do almost anything.

Orv
May 4, 2011

pulp rag posted:

Since I have Sperg and Ordinator installed (plus a shitton of the recommended Skyrim mods from the mods thread), anyone wanna suggest a fun and stupid build? Both of those combined really let you do almost anything.

Unarmed. :kheldragar:

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Orv posted:

Unarmed. :kheldragar:

And naked.

Never pick up anything except quest items. (And spell tomes, used immediately)

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
I'm not Amish by choice. 8(
Unarmed is legitimately really fun in almost every TES mod I've played that bothers to make it an option.

There's something viscerally satisfying about just punching your way through all the ridiculous fantasy cliches and obnoxious voice acting and poorly-made modded quests and giant monsters and such.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
But to play good Unarmed, you absolutely need Dance of Death for the amazing unarmed kill animations.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Kikas posted:

But to play good Unarmed, you absolutely need Dance of Death for the amazing unarmed kill animations.

Does it add more sick wrestling moves?

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Nasgate posted:

Does it add more sick wrestling moves?

I just watched a video. You can do death valley drivers.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Once of those martial arts mods was on Touch the Skyrim this week and it was fantastic.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Show the video, please.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Bongo Bill posted:

Show the video, please.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwtaLFByQYk

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

As usual, :perfect:

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Oblivion had the best Unarmed combat in TES series. Mostly because dead bodies didn't lose their physics interaction after death. Me and a friend sat laughing for a solid minute or two, just punching this one Goblin repeatedly in the face as its head jounced around.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBbm8sV6IKk

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

I wish Egger3rd still made videos.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Bethesda didn't learn their lesson from last time, they're trying to make paid mods A Thing :munch:.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Apparently there is going to be curation this time though, so maybe it won't be as much of a poo poo show as last time?

Also it'll be on consoles, so that'll give it a boost.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

People will pirate them again, there will be allegations of stolen content again, everything will be shut down again.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Veotax posted:

Apparently there is going to be curation this time though, so maybe it won't be as much of a poo poo show as last time?

Also it'll be on consoles, so that'll give it a boost.

It was going to be on consoles last time, and curated. It lasted all of about a day or so before getting dropped for good reason.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

So how many people will lose their poo poo even though this is a much better system and at worst it will be ignored in favor of better free alternatives?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

It's not Steam itself doing this and Fallout IV sucks so at most the Skyrim Nexus will turn into a teapot of drama again.