Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

precision posted:

Crowley practiced sex magic. Grrm practices the opposite of that.

rational celibacy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

the trump tutelage posted:

rational celibacy?

:golfclap:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

the trump tutelage posted:

rational celibacy?

Scientific celibacy.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Tits, Tits

Dragons, Dragons,

Fruit, Fruit!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I already miss that show.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
Started a rewatch of this dumb show this weekend. It's amazing how much better the first season is. They should find a way to shoehorn in zombie Robert Baratheon and maybe it wouldn't be so dumb anymore.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
Any spoilers yet?

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
Pretty sure all the major spoilers for this reason were out already by like, last year

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

skasion posted:

Pretty sure all the major spoilers for this reason were out already by like, last year

What are they?

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

In It For The Tank posted:

- Dany and her posse arrives in Westeros, demands fealty from lords of Westeros, burns those who don't comply
- Jon and Davos travel to Dragonstone to ask for Dany's help with the White Walkers, she shuts them down
- Euron and Cersei join forces
- Jon realizes he needs proof, resolves to capture a live wight for show and tell
- Arya murders the rest of the Freys
- Jaime rides with the Lannister army against Highgarden
- Gendry returns at last, joins the wight hunting party
- Sam cures Jorah's greyscale with his maester powers and they go North together
- Euron destroys Yara's fleet, Theon survives and makes it to Dragonstone
- Reunions throughout the season: Arya + Bran + Sansa, Arya + Nymeria, Theon + Jon, Jon + Tyrion, Jorah + Dany, Sam + Bran, Jamie + Tyrion + Bronn
- The remaining Martells and Tyrells are hurriedly written out of the story: Euron kills the Sand Snakes (!!!), Olenna confesses to killing Joffrey and then poisons herself
- Dany's dragons ambush the Lannister army and burn them down
- The wight hunting party grows to includes Jorah, Tormund, Beric, Thoros, and the Hound. They run into trouble beyond the Wall and most are ultimately saved by Dany and her dragons
- Viserion (the white dragon) dies and the Night's King raises him as a blue eyes wight dragon
- Dany agrees to help stop the White Walkers
- Littlefinger tries to turn Sansa against her family, is sentenced to death and executed by Arya
- In King's Landing, Jon, Dany and their allies show a live wight to Cersei to win her aid as well. Cersei agrees to help but secretly plots to allow the White Walkers to kill her enemies first
- Sam and Bran figure out Jon's heritage
- Jon and Dany gently caress
- The Wall falls
- GRRM cries himself to sleep

Read the full synopsis of spoilers with sources here and here.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Your forgot dothraki horse surfing

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Wooooaaaaah.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

So much happens, and so efficiently and satisfyingly, that I think it's got to diverge wildly from the books.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Cersie just materializing new Lannister armies out of nothing and destroying the much larger Martell and Tyrell armies (which haven't been touched in the war) is just so beyond stupid. But that's what the script says must happen so drat any reasoning.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

I guess we're supposed to assume they're off sailing wherever with Dany and that's why they aren't guarding their homelands

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Cersie just materializing new Lannister armies out of nothing and destroying the much larger Martell and Tyrell armies (which haven't been touched in the war) is just so beyond stupid. But that's what the script says must happen so drat any reasoning.

I'm sure she still has at least 20 good men

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
I'm currently rewatching the show with my girlfriend, and guess how many men go with Tormund and Jon to scale the Wall?

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Sir Goodmen is sworn to many houses and even sometimes lends his sword to the free folk.....just not the Greyjoys. His cousin Sir Bestkiller does tho but hes terrible

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

david and dan have deliberately created a hellish machine-like production process so nobody ever has the time to seriously scrutinize their horrifying hack-job of adapting this show post-Storm Of Swords

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

did deuchy darios film career ever pan out? can he inexplicably come back as someone for some reason?

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
Oh, I like the smell of my own dumps.

banned from Starbucks posted:

did deuchy darios film career ever pan out? can he inexplicably come back as someone for some reason?

He was in Deadpool.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

That's quite a loving transformation. to go from Romance Novel Daario to Francis

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

The new guy might've been a better actor but the previous guy was a much better Daario.

3 A.M. Radio
Nov 5, 2003

Workin' too hard can give me
A heart attACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK!
You oughtta' know by now...
Am I missing it, or is there not a single mention of Brienne or Podrick in those spoilers?

Mammon Loves You
Feb 13, 2011

3 A.M. Radio posted:

Am I missing it, or is there not a single mention of Brienne or Podrick in those spoilers?

Had to google what Brienne and Pod even did last season and it brought back all the memories of the stupid "Blackfish died on his way back to his home planet" plot line.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Brienne is teaming up with The Hound to go wight hunting I think. That was one of the early leaks, but not from the same sources so who knows.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

I think there's gotta be a lot of bullshit in there, even if some of it might be real spoilers. "The wight hunting party grows to includes Jorah, Tormund, Beric, Thoros, and the Hound" and also Gendry seems just ridiculous, it's like a who's who of cool characters that have disappeared.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Phenotype posted:

I think there's gotta be a lot of bullshit in there, even if some of it might be real spoilers. "The wight hunting party grows to includes Jorah, Tormund, Beric, Thoros, and the Hound" and also Gendry seems just ridiculous, it's like a who's who of cool characters that have disappeared.

This wight hunting is when they fight a zombie polar bear inst it?

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Now that Jamie has widows wail and Sam will prob give his dads sword to Jorah(or to dany who will give it to Jorah), and arya has the V steel dagger from season 1, all the main "good guys" have valerian for the WW showdown. Anyone without one is basically cannon fodder for this season

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Now that Jamie has widows wail

When did we see this? For all we know it was buried with Joffrey and was destroyed when Cersei wildfired the sept (though I doubt it).

arya has the V steel dagger from season 1
How did she get that? Her mom had it last we saw and while both the dagger and Arya were briefly in King's Landing at the same time, Arya barely left with the clothes on her back and Needle, let alone a dagger worth several times her weight in gold.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
There are photos with Jaime with Widow's Wail and Arya with the dagger. Widow's Wail was never buried with Joffrey. That was a wake, not a burial. It's been sitting in the Red Keep armory. Arya will probably not have the dagger in 7x01, so you'll have to wait to see how she gets it. The last time we saw it was in Ned's office when Ned and Littlefinger were discussing bribing the goldcloaks. Littlefinger probably has it.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Jun 8, 2017

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Lycus posted:

There are photos with Jaime with Widow's Wail and Arya with the dagger. Widow's Wail was never buried with Joffrey. That was a wake, not a burial. It's been sitting in the Red Keep armory. Arya will probably not have the dagger in 7x01, so you'll have to wait to see how she gets it. The last time we saw it was in Ned's office when Ned and Littlefinger were discussing bribing the goldcloaks. Littlefinger probably has it.

Aha. Well, that's what I get for not paying attention to the publicity photos.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
This is the season we'll finally see Lady Stoneheart!

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Lycus posted:

She is going to take it to kill him with it - blaming the attack in S1 on him.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

McNally posted:

When did we see this? For all we know it was buried with Joffrey

Im pretty sure noone is burying valarian steel when its owner dies. They're priceless

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Solice Kirsk posted:

Brienne is teaming up with The Hound to go wight hunting I think. That was one of the early leaks, but not from the same sources so who knows.

Man, that's gonna be an awkward reunion. "Hey, remember that time we kneed each other in the crotch and you bit off my ear?"

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

I say, hey, listen to me!
Stay sane inside insanity!!!

Im pretty sure noone is burying valarian steel when its owner dies. They're priceless

Yeah, Tywin spent most of his life on the lookout to obtain one, and offered ginormous globs of money and was never able to get one.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

The last 2 episodes of this season are super long at 71 and 81min. So we're basically getting 7 episodes but the runtime of the season will be more like 8 episodes.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Schizotek posted:

Yeah, Tywin spent most of his life on the lookout to obtain one, and offered ginormous globs of money and was never able to get one.

In the show doesn't he get Ice and melt it down for Jaime's sword and Widow's Wail?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Any spoilers yet?

Here's a spoiler for ya: it's going to loving suck!

• Locked thread