Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

My vote on tmm is now real. Not responding to me at all and harping on the weirdest logic in the world (kept TM alive before ... So let's keep him alive again? - not even an alignment call). I'm working all night so I can't promise to be here at deadline. :( I'll have much more free time as the game goes on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Gulag sandwolf and raeg all strike me as town.

Gulag quote me the original scum ixt post. I missed what caught your eye while skimming the thread.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Ernie. posted:

Gulag sandwolf and raeg all strike me as town.

Gulag quote me the original scum ixt post. I missed what caught your eye while skimming the thread.

It was the second bandwagon vote on TNL voting me jokey jokey. I saw what he meant then, it was a little snipey and he put someone at 2 votes and then disappeared, still without really making any public opinions.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Ernie. posted:

My vote on tmm is now real. Not responding to me at all and harping on the weirdest logic in the world (kept TM alive before ... So let's keep him alive again? - not even an alignment call). I'm working all night so I can't promise to be here at deadline. :( I'll have much more free time as the game goes on.

It's because your question was irrelevant. Of course I would be willing to vote you if I was also willing to shoot you, but I felt no compelling reason to vote at the time. I'd vote you now, but I don't think anyone else would be on board for it.

And am not really sure what you're driving at here. I've made my thinking about why I'd rather keep TM alive and it's because he usually ends up giving decent reads after a day or two, but the problem is often that people just don't want to listen to him because he often comes across as awkward and scummy in the early part of the game. So I would rather not lynch him today and see what happens in the future.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Jamuraan posted:

Get better, scrub.

It's actually called get good scrub.

Sandwolf posted:

It was the second bandwagon vote on TNL voting me jokey jokey. I saw what he meant then, it was a little snipey and he put someone at 2 votes and then disappeared, still without really making any public opinions.

That seems like a p frustrate thing to be puppy cuddled for. For a wolf.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Ixtlilton posted:

It's actually called get good scrub.

Ahaha please for the love of god stop using that terminology.

I'd vote TMM.

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
Well, my vote dropped, so I'll put the cleats down too.

##unvote

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

actually

quote:

I'm not sure I believe this post because the last two games I played with Tired, I was scum and in both games my team kept Tired alive until well into the game.

quote:

Man, there are an awful lot of single votes on people right now. This is very weird.

I'm not really sold on Tired being scum. It does seem like he's always awkward, but I do think he ends giving some decent reads after a day or two. And remember this is coming from someone who was scum in their last two games and kept him alive even though he was either at the truth or getting close to it.

TMMadman posted:

It's because your question was irrelevant. Of course I would be willing to vote you if I was also willing to shoot you, but I felt no compelling reason to vote at the time. I'd vote you now, but I don't think anyone else would be on board for it.

And am not really sure what you're driving at here. I've made my thinking about why I'd rather keep TM alive and it's because he usually ends up giving decent reads after a day or two, but the problem is often that people just don't want to listen to him because he often comes across as awkward and scummy in the early part of the game. So I would rather not lynch him today and see what happens in the future.

you go from saying tm looks like scum because his perception of his own 'meta' in relation to other players is wrong, to saying, well, not buying that reason for him being scum, actually, since when he's town he gives decent reads eventually (how does this have any bearing on the aforementioned, which, actually wasn't a 'scumtell' in the first place,) and now want to keep him alive because he gives decent reads as town (you are just, suddenly treating him as town now for some reason) even though in the story you yourself keep telling he is a useless cassandra that can't do anything

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

these are all words, but do they mean anything

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Ixtlilton posted:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
So we've got a bit more than an hour until the deadline and nobody has more than 2 votes. Here's my thoughts on the people with votes:

Tired - I've made my position clear.

Inf - As irritating as Inf can be at times, I'm not feeling this vote. Both Sandwolf and Gulag seem to be voting him for being a replacement.

Sandwolf - I could vote here. I'm not liking the way he's responding to things. He's doing a lot of telling people how to play in a disparaging way.

Mr F - He hasn't really posted anything of value. I'd vote him to avoid a no lynch, but he hasn't posted enough to make an actual read.

The Ninth Layer - I could vote here as well. His last two posts are:

The Ninth Layer posted:

I'm already voting for you, why would I vote for you again? That post is why I'm still voting you.
That was made in response to a Sandwolf post, but then his very next post is:

The Ninth Layer posted:

##unvote

Nothing's really grabbing me yet to be honest.

And that just makes me feel uneasy.

Jamuraan - I would really only vote here to avoid the no lynch. I'd like to see some more out of him before making a more solid read.

Kasumeat - I'm not inclined to vote him today as I have a slight town lean on him despite some of his early posts.

TMM - Obviously I'm not voting myself because I know I'm town.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

But seriously I'm down for kicking TMM or Moritz off the table since both of them have done more jibber jabber about each other than the game, tbqh.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Circl was the only person who was cool enough to answer my question so MVP right there. Easy peasy.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

##vote Infinitum I like this option more than most of the other votes I've seen.

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
Back for color commentary.

We've got Ernie and TMM fouling back and forth. Ernie is calling for the red card while TMM is limiting himself to smacktalk.

Tired Moritz keeps screaming from the bench to be put in, while Jamuraan tries to push him back down. Everyone else is tired of his antics.

GulagDolls proclaims he always hated one fellow, only to immediately switch to insulting an invisible Australian.

If you wanted to watch a fight, you picked the wrong sport. It looks like this bickering will leave this team indecisive and scoreless for today.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

GulagDolls posted:

actually

you go from saying tm looks like scum because his perception of his own 'meta' in relation to other players is wrong, to saying, well, not buying that reason for him being scum, actually, since when he's town he gives decent reads eventually (how does this have any bearing on the aforementioned, which, actually wasn't a 'scumtell' in the first place,) and now want to keep him alive because he gives decent reads as town (you are just, suddenly treating him as town now for some reason) even though in the story you yourself keep telling he is a useless cassandra that can't do anything

I don't know what has happened in the games he has played that I'm not in, so maybe he does get killed early in those games. As of now, I see nothing really different from his early game play in the ones I have played with when I did know that he wasn't scum, so that leads to me have a town lean for him at the moment.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Dr. Hurt posted:

But seriously I'm down for kicking TMM or Moritz off the table since both of them have done more jibber jabber about each other than the game, tbqh.

This post is ugly.

Dr. Hurt doesn't seem to think either of us might be scum, he just seems to want to vote one of us because we are doing most of the talking.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Added Space posted:

Back for color commentary.

We've got Ernie and TMM fouling back and forth. Ernie is calling for the red card while TMM is limiting himself to smacktalk.

Tired Moritz keeps screaming from the bench to be put in, while Jamuraan tries to push him back down. Everyone else is tired of his antics.

GulagDolls proclaims he always hated one fellow, only to immediately switch to insulting an invisible Australian.

If you wanted to watch a fight, you picked the wrong sport. It looks like this bickering will leave this team indecisive and scoreless for today.

i never said that you piece of poo poo. are you even in this game

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

TMMadman posted:

I don't know what has happened in the games he has played that I'm not in, so maybe he does get killed early in those games. As of now, I see nothing really different from his early game play in the ones I have played with when I did know that he wasn't scum, so that leads to me have a town lean for him at the moment.

ok. i accept this

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

TMMadman posted:

This post is ugly.

Dr. Hurt doesn't seem to think either of us might be scum, he just seems to want to vote one of us because we are doing most of the talking.

Nah dog you're saying a lot about past metas and waffling about what it means. As I said earlier in the day with Moritz I don't really care about building a whole bunch of cases on past meta, and Gulag put out a pretty good read on what was irking me with you waffling around on Moritz. I already goofed on you about it earlier and I stay by it being dumb.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

GulagDolls posted:

ok. i accept this

since i dont want to kill someone that is actually posting words on d1

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

GulagDolls posted:

since i dont want to kill someone that is actually posting words on d1

I'm also kind of having this dilemma as well. It feels like a choice of kill a talkative person or killing a lurker.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Hello I have subbed in. Lets murder TM and I'll have a proper read tomorrow

##vote Tired Moritz

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Words are an important part of not killing people on D1.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

TMMadman posted:

Inf - As irritating as Inf can be at times, I'm not feeling this vote. Both Sandwolf and Gulag seem to be voting him for being a replacement.

I just whanna nip this in the bud before this becomes the accepted reasoning, I voted PMom cuz I didn't trust the way he was playing, my vote remaining on Inf is because I was suspicious of PMom and the replacement hasn't said a lick yet. I don't like the way YOU reworked the logic behind MY vote.

##vote TMM

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Infinitum posted:

Hello I have subbed in. Lets murder TM and I'll have a proper read tomorrow

##vote Tired Moritz

I would switch back to vote Inf in milliseconds.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Sandwolf posted:

I just whanna nip this in the bud before this becomes the accepted reasoning, I voted PMom cuz I didn't trust the way he was playing, my vote remaining on Inf is because I was suspicious of PMom and the replacement hasn't said a lick yet. I don't like the way YOU reworked the logic behind MY vote.

##vote TMM

Honestly, I forgot you had been voting PMom. So your vote for Inf was fine, but I still think you're suspicious as hell.

I actually think it's time to vote ##vote TNL. There's just something off about the way he voted you and defended it and then backed off it with an 'I've got nothing' post.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

I SHOULD GO AND GET FUCKED
##vote inf

None of the front runners are my first choice but it's deadline and i don't hate inf. Pmom asked a bunch of questions i liked but refused to push anyone.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Good luck getting eight other people to vote me in twenty five minutes.

##vote Tired Moritz

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

TMMadman posted:

I'm also kind of having this dilemma as well. It feels like a choice of kill a talkative person or killing a lurker.

TMMadman posted:

I actually think it's time to vote ##vote TNL. There's just something off about the way he voted you and defended it and then backed off it with an 'I've got nothing' post.

Since you're here and talking, why did you go with TNL over all other options? You did throw TNL out earlier but what makes him more worthy of your vote than someone like Mr. F. who you also called out primarily for lurking (and only talking about chips)?

The Ninth Layer posted:

##vote Infinitum I like this option more than most of the other votes I've seen.

Why?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Replacing out is scummy in general and infi had zero posts at the time of my vote.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Welp in the time I made this vote his vote has changed.

The Ninth Layer posted:

Good luck getting eight other people to vote me in twenty five minutes.

##vote Tired Moritz

So again, why?

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

The Ninth Layer posted:

Replacing out is scummy in general and infi had zero posts at the time of my vote.

Welp in the time I made my post you had responded. Sorry bout that. I probs should post preview.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

The intent behind tmm's posts is all wrong. It's to seem Townie or thoughtful. Not too actually hunt scrum or prod for reactions.

Earlier in the game he insisted over multiple posts that I explain some reasoning, then dropped that line of questioning entirely after joke phase. The entire thing was just him trying to appear like he's always trying. His is an evil heart. I bet he is player #666.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

New phone bad auto correct.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

The Ninth Layer posted:

Replacing out is scummy in general

Man I super duper hate this logic. I'd rather people replace out then just lurk.

quote:

and infi had zero posts at the time of my vote.

Eh, this I can respect a little more.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Dr. Hurt is like top 5 posters and I don't know any of his opinions.

He also hasn't made a single joke with me all game ...

Is this the death of Hurt and Ernie? :(

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I really wish I knew what the actual votes were at right now. Is there a way to access the votefinder thing or is it just a bot that posts?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Dr. Hurt posted:

Since you're here and talking, why did you go with TNL over all other options? You did throw TNL out earlier but what makes him more worthy of your vote than someone like Mr. F. who you also called out primarily for lurking (and only talking about chips)?

Why?

Because Mr. F would just be a lurker lynch, while TNL actually made the suspicious posts of calling out Sandwolf and then backing off it for no real reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

CirclMastr posted:

I really wish I knew what the actual votes were at right now. Is there a way to access the votefinder thing or is it just a bot that posts?

Votecount for Day 1

Tired Moritz (4): Jamuraan, Jamuraan, Raeg, Jamuraan, Infinitum, The Ninth Layer
Infinitum (2): Sandwolf, GulagDolls, The Ninth Layer, Sandwolf, Kasumeat, The Ninth Layer
TMMadman (2): Ernie., Sandwolf
Sandwolf (1): The Ninth Layer, Ixtlilton, The Ninth Layer
The Ninth Layer (1): Added Space, Added Space, TMMadman
Jamuraan (1): Kasumeat, Kasumeat, Tired Moritz
Kasumeat (1): chaoslord
Ixtlilton (0): GulagDolls, GulagDolls
chaoslord (0): Tired Moritz, Kasumeat, Tired Moritz, Kasumeat
Raeg (0): Kasumeat, Kasumeat
Mr. F! (0): Sandwolf, Sandwolf, Kasumeat, Kasumeat

Not Voting (4): Added Space, CirclMastr, Dr. Hurt, Mr. F!

• Locked thread