Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

bubbapook posted:

So literally just started, and am trying to hunt these loving boar in the plateau forest. One fled, and now literally all of them have despawned. I've sat at the fire and passed like seven days worth of time now, fast travelled, and even reloaded a save. And there's not a single boar in the entire forest. Is this poo poo broken or something?

There is a surefire way to spawn them, but I'm not sure that particular celestial event occurs in the tutorial.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

I'm probably closing in on 200 hours in this game and just last night I came across a new variation on the typical Korok stone circle. The circle was elevated so I couldn't just place the missing rock, or throw it up there. I actually had to work for it using Octo Balloons to lift it, Stasis, and then bomb arrows for enough momentum.

Now I kind of wish more of the Korok puzzles were just that little bit more involved like this. The same thing happens when I get to a somewhat lengthier shrine. After this long studying the game, I can agree they went a bit too far in making it bite-sized.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Yeah I wish there were fewer shrines, but more shrines like Trial of Power, and those gave a bigger/extra reward.

Tea Bone
Feb 18, 2011

I'm going for gasps.

turn left hillary!! noo posted:

I'm probably closing in on 200 hours in this game and just last night I came across a new variation on the typical Korok stone circle. The circle was elevated so I couldn't just place the missing rock, or throw it up there. I actually had to work for it using Octo Balloons to lift it, Stasis, and then bomb arrows for enough momentum.

Now I kind of wish more of the Korok puzzles were just that little bit more involved like this. The same thing happens when I get to a somewhat lengthier shrine. After this long studying the game, I can agree they went a bit too far in making it bite-sized.

This is one of the problems having such a deficit of Korok puzzles. If you're not going for 100% completion it's easy to walk away from one if you can't solve it easily because there will be another one around the corner.

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat

An easier way to get stuff like that. If you have a Korok Leaf you can hold R and instead of throwing it you can go into aim mode to target where you send a gust of wind and blow the balloon.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Yeah, that would've been easier, but I have full weapon slots and I still never carry one on me.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I came across something I have never seen after hundreds of hours last night. I was fighting a moblin, and a bokoblin, both of whom had weapons in hand. I knocked the weapon out of the moblins hand and picked it up, so the moblin picked the bokoblin up while he was still holding his weapon and threw them both at me.

:psypop:

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

I also recently came across something I hadn't seen before. Just a random bokoblin camp but there was a log there with a bunch of big cuts in it. As soon as they saw me, instead of running towards me like normal, every single one of the bokoblins in the camp went over and struck the log with their weapon, and then came at me. There was nothing otherwise different with them or their weapons, and once I cleared them and tried striking the log myself, my weapons just went straight through it

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Well aren't you quite the iconoclast.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Yeah, that would've been easier, but I have full weapon slots and I still never carry one on me.

Carrying leaves or torches would be a lot more compelling if they didn't give you those items whenever they were needed.

DJCobol
May 16, 2003

CALL OF DUTY! :rock:
Grimey Drawer

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I came across something I have never seen after hundreds of hours last night. I was fighting a moblin, and a bokoblin, both of whom had weapons in hand. I knocked the weapon out of the moblins hand and picked it up, so the moblin picked the bokoblin up while he was still holding his weapon and threw them both at me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EvbqxBUG_c&t=106s

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

You can shield parry these too.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Wait how the gently caress do you dropkick things?

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

it's just the animation for throwing skulls specifically, I don't think you can dropkick anything else

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

El Gar posted:

You can shield parry these too.

I shall have to try that the next time a Stalmoblin throws a Pebblit at me.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Earwicker posted:

it's just the animation for throwing skulls specifically, I don't think you can dropkick anything else

Even more specifically I think it's only the animation for when you throw a skull at the edge of a cliff

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

What exactly does "bone attack up" do?

DJCobol
May 16, 2003

CALL OF DUTY! :rock:
Grimey Drawer

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Even more specifically I think it's only the animation for when you throw a skull at the edge of a cliff

Thats the only time I've seen it, but now if I'm by a cliff or ledge, thats all I do.

gariig
Dec 31, 2004
Beaten into submission by my fiance
Pillbug

Bongo Bill posted:

Any bone weapons do more damage

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

Bongo Bill posted:

:heysexy:

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Bongo Bill posted:

Damage with skeleton pieces and dragonbone weapons * 1.8

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Just 1.8, on weapons with an attack power of, like, 3? Well, that's fine, I guess.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Bongo Bill posted:

Just 1.8, on weapons with an attack power of, like, 3? Well, that's fine, I guess.

Dragonbone clubs have 24 power, spears have 15, Bats have 36 and Moblin Clubs have 45.

The boost makes them some of the most damaging weapons in their class. And you can get them from basically any Moblin/Bokoblin after a while.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Oh, I didn't realize it applied to weapons that aren't disembodied skeleton arms.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Bongo Bill posted:

Oh, I didn't realize it applied to weapons that aren't disembodied skeleton arms.

The higher tier mob/boko gear have bones. Bows too.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

My friend got a switch and BotW today, I had a good time watching him accidentally blow himself up with the bombs as he gets used to the controls like I did.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Be a friend and buy him the pro controller.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Are spears particularly good at anything? Their attack animations tend to lock Link in place have narrow hitboxes.
I'd rather have a high-durability knightsword or high-powered large weapon than any non-unique spear, including the magical ones.

Edit: I hadn't considered range. Will have to try the next Sheik spear instead of side-eyeing it. Thanks!

Space Fish fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Jun 9, 2017

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Space Fish posted:

Are spears particularly good at anything? Their attack animations tend to lock Link in place have narrow hitboxes.
I'd rather have a high-durability knightsword or high-powered large weapon than any non-unique spear, including the magical ones.

It's nice when you're having trouble on your approach. You can poke someone til they fall over, and then run over and attack them with a stronger weapon. It's long range and it's fast.

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

Frankston posted:

My friend got a switch and BotW today, I had a good time watching him accidentally blow himself up with the bombs as he gets used to the controls like I did.
My first attempt at mining blew me off the mountain to my death. Good times.

Space Fish posted:

Taluses where the thing's on the back. Too high for a spinning 2h weapon, but a spear will poke right up at it.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Spears attack faster than swords and you can hit enemies at a range where they can't hit you back.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
So like all weapons that spawn in the overworld respawn with the blood moon right? Where can I find korok stuff? The bow is great and I just like the aesthetic of tunic of the wild Link running around with wood weapons

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Calaveron posted:

So like all weapons that spawn in the overworld respawn with the blood moon right? Where can I find korok stuff? The bow is great and I just like the aesthetic of tunic of the wild Link running around with wood weapons
Here is a video showing a forest dweller's bow that should respawn

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Like there's a whole lot of gear that so far I've only found in chests so it doesn't respawn and it's a shame I can never find again (rito and korok stuff especially)

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I've played this game for hundreds of hours and I learned a few hours ago that the little marker next to the shrines on the map indicates whether or not you got all the chests. Just finished going on a world tour for chests I just walked past.

Zoran posted:

Damage with skeleton pieces and dragonbone weapons * 1.8

It applies to dragonbone weapons??????

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Yeah, you can go on a tear with a 45 dmg Moblin club.

I remember early on in the game when I came across one of those. I had a 50 dmg Edge of Duality (which I'd hardly notice now if I came across another one, because of all the Royal Claymores you can find) but I was saving that for dire need. That one dragonbone club made me feel a lot safer for a long time.

Edit: I didn't know it was a factor of 1.8 - that should turn a 45 weapon into 81. Which, I've seen some Savage Lynel swords higher than that, but not really anything else.

Winifred Madgers fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Jun 10, 2017

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Yeah, you can go on a tear with a 45 dmg Moblin club.

I remember early on in the game when I came across one of those. I had a 50 dmg Edge of Duality (which I'd hardly notice now if I came across another one, because of all the Royal Claymores you can find) but I was saving that for dire need. That one dragonbone club made me feel a lot safer for a long time.

Edit: I didn't know it was a factor of 1.8 - that should turn a 45 weapon into 81. Which, I've seen some Savage Lynel swords higher than that, but not really anything else.

Guardian weapons will go higher with the guardian set, I believe, though bone weapons are obviously more plentiful.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
North of the Gerudo Tower there's a cave blocked by a boulder you gotta stasis. In there there is a rude amount of weapons, like an Edge of Duality, Gerudo Spear, Moonlight Scimitar, and a Radiant Shield along with some treasure chests with money and gems. Well worth marking it on your map for nice respawning weapons

Porstuve
Apr 4, 2015

The attack bonus from the radiant set comes at the low low cost of looking like a luchador gimp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Porstuve posted:

The attack bonus from the radiant set comes at the low low cost of looking like a luchador gimp

Seems more "profit" than "cost" to me!