Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Ham Sandwiches posted:

Did you know that the bitcoin sister inheritance thing is fake?

Well, the people posting the link knew that because they probably remembered from when it was brought up. What's really interesting is... nobody felt the need to clarify that "Yeah that's made up bullshit for laughing at Bitcoiners"

just repeating the same old bullshit from years ago guys no big deal :coolfish:

how much have you been able to cash out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Ham Sandwiches posted:

Oh I see goon uses crystall ball to figure out that Bitcoin is a scam, posts about it for years as the price keeps appreciating, and is clearly in the right. I mean, they're just calling the obviously bad idea that makes people money an obviously bad idea. No further vetting needed.

Pointing out that they're wrong, like literally observably wrong based on what's happening the whole time? Well apparently you need to post your bitcoin wallet for that!

No one asked for your wallet. They asked you to give a number.

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

EorayMel posted:

I'm asking about you, not a man on reddit.

If you don't give me a number, I will have no choice but to assume that you have not personally made any profit off the FREE MONEY that you preach about.

Lmao the guy who doesn't have any bitcoins but is entitled to laugh at them takes umbrage at the dude who is for them but he can't be sure has any stake in the game!!!

How dumb are you, well it turns out, as dumb as a redditor because you literally think the same. "Ah bitcoin will go to $3000? Better be buying all you can lol"

<cut to 4 years later>

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Seriously, what happened to the people who bought from the people at $3,000? Are they still hodling (sic)?

Because it creates no value, Bitcoin is literally a zero-sum game: for there to be winners, there have to be losers.

Wait, scratch that. It's a negative-sum game because it still costs you electricity and hardware to mine.

Also, did you seriously use "FUD" in earnest? Wow.

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

fruit on the bottom posted:

No one asked for your wallet. They asked you to give a number.

You don't have to lose any money on bitcoins to say that they are dumb.

If you want to say that the posters are dumb for thinking that, you have to have made money off bitcoins, that's the rules??

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

mojo1701a posted:

Seriously, what happened to the people who bought from the people at $3,000? Are they still hodling (sic)?

Also, did you seriously use "FUD" in earnest? Wow.

Bitcoins are $3000 now, what are you asking? It's being traded for $3000.

Yes I did. That's exactly what this is, out of context doubt and uncertainty that is highly misleading ;) This is what the term is meant to describe.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

~ David Lee Roth

Ham Sandwiches posted:

Bitcoins are $3000 now, what are you asking? It's being traded for $3000.

Yes I did. That's exactly what this is, out of context doubt and uncertainty that is highly misleading ;) This is what the term is meant to describe.

If I sell Bitcoins at $3,000, someone must therefore buy them from me at $3,000. It therefore becomes their cost.

Literally like any market.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Has the YOSPOS rapid response team left the thread? I wanted to troll like Ham Sandwiches but was on probation.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

~ David Lee Roth

Space Crabs posted:

Has the YOSPOS rapid response team left the thread? I wanted to troll like Ham Sandwiches but was on probation.

Much like bitcoin being nothing but scams and rubes, this thread is nothing but trolls in either direction.

Go nuts.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Ham Sandwiches posted:

Lmao the guy who doesn't have any bitcoins but is entitled to laugh at them takes umbrage at the dude who is for them but he can't be sure has any stake in the game!!!

How dumb are you, well it turns out, as dumb as a redditor because you literally think the same. "Ah bitcoin will go to $3000? Better be buying all you can lol"

<cut to 4 years later>

All you had to do was make up any value about the money you made off of bitcoin, and not turn to deflect it towards unrelated stories about questions of your wealth.

So you have not personally made any profit off the FREE MONEY you preach about so zealously.

If you do not practice what you preach, then you are a hypocrite, and thus are not worth listening to.

In that case, I will gladly accept your succession and claim victory on this argument as you cannot even answer a simple question.

Cheers :tipshat:

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

EorayMel posted:

If you do not practice what you preach, then you are a hypocrite, and thus are not worth listening to.

Pointing out that goons have made claims and repeated information that is wrong, misleading, and frankly garbage as Bitcoin has gone from $30 to $3000 has no requirements, friend, other than you trying to make up some standard that requires me to prove gains before I can observe that goon claims are bullshit.

And I think you know full well that this is garbage, and if you don't, then lol just like with Divabot's stupid poo poo.

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

Ham Sandwiches posted:

Hey, dude that only posts FUD and only negative comments about not taking a sledgehammer to your dick:

Why, if anyone is going to post a positive opinion on taking a sledgehammer to your dick, do they have to prove that they are invested in taking a sledgehammer to their dicks before they can post that what you're saying is total garbage and taking a sledgehammer to your dick is actually super-cool fun? Since you decided to imply that it was necessary like 5 different times, I'd like you to explain why there are two standards that you hold posters to. Ones that want to talk poo poo can do so freely, ones that want to disagree have to meet a higher standard. Not that I'll say whether I actually take a sledgehammer to my dick, but just because the last five times I took a sledgehammer to my dick didn't go so well, I'm pretty sure the sixth one will work out great !!

it turns out that taking a sledgehammer to your dick is so obviously stupid that making an extensive list of reasons is probably superfluous to most people.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

~ David Lee Roth

Ham Sandwiches posted:

Pointing out that goons have made claims and repeated information that is wrong, misleading, and frankly garbage as Bitcoin has gone from $30 to $3000 has no requirements, friend, other than you trying to make up some standard that requires me to prove gains before I can observe that goon claims are bullshit.

And I think you know full well that this is garbage, and if you don't, then lol just like with Divabot's stupid poo poo.

So cool, Bitcoin went from $30 to $3,000. Didn't it also go all points in between?

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

It's the exact same thing as the reddit post:

"I think bitcoins are going to $3000"

sick burn: "LOL BUY A BUNCH NOSTRADAMUS"

<time passes, bitcoins reach $3000>

Reddit commenter: Yeah gently caress that guy for pointing out the obvious!! If he wasn't working 60 hrs a week buying bitcoins while claiming it would hit $3000 he's a HYPOCRITE"

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

divabot posted:

it turns out that taking a sledgehammer to your dick is so obviously stupid that making an extensive list of reasons is probably superfluous to most people.

Are you only capable of asking how much money I made on bitcoins? Are you simply not going to respond to my posts about your idiotic double standard? That seems not cool. Like straight up it's ok for you to repeat stuff until I answer but you get to refuse? Hmm, another double standard?

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Ham Sandwiches posted:

Are you only capable of asking how much money I made on bitcoins? Are you simply not going to respond to my posts about your idiotic double standard? That seems not cool. Like straight up it's ok for you to repeat stuff until I answer but you get to refuse? Hmm, another double standard?

if this is an actual troll you've kinda stared into the abyss too long

I refuse to believe it isn't

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Why *are* you so cagey about talking about how much money you've made on Bitcoins?

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

Space Crabs posted:

if this is an actual troll you've kinda stared into the abyss too long

I refuse to believe it isn't

The ultimate troll is that goons sat there making fun of redditors making money while being dumb and full poo poo, and feeling smug in their superiority.

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

Waffle House posted:

Why *are* you so cagey about talking about how much money you've made on Bitcoins?

I post about a lot of topics, and it's only with Bitcoins that I gotta prove that my opinions can be floated, it's loving amazing dude.

Like when I post in car threads people don't ask me to prove that I do or don't own that car...

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

~ David Lee Roth

Ham Sandwiches posted:

The ultimate troll is that goons sat there making fun of redditors making money while being dumb and full poo poo, and feeling smug in their superiority.

Great. Some redditors made money. A lot more lost it because Bitcoin.

You keep saying we're idiots and we're showing people who actually lost money. You're saying we're idiots because it was basically a sure thing without actually showing you put your money where your mouth is.

We said that it's at best a gamble and don't cry if you lose.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Waffle House posted:

I think he listened to goons not to buy some, then remembered they existed a few years after the fact, and is angry he listened to said goons and didn't buy buy BUY the FREE MONEY for his own gain.

It's a long-lasting form of catharsis imo.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Ham Sandwiches posted:

I post about a lot of topics, and it's only with Bitcoins that I gotta prove that my opinions can be floated, it's loving amazing dude.

Like when I post in car threads people don't ask me to prove that I do or don't own that car...

You probably don't go into car threads with an opinion that the new Nissan Sentra will replace every car on the planet either

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

Space Crabs posted:

You probably don't go into car threads with an opinion that the new Nissan Sentra will replace every car on the planet either

Do I have to own the Nissan Sentra to have that opinion????????

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

~ David Lee Roth

Ham Sandwiches posted:

Do I have to own the Nissan Sentra to have that opinion????????

While you don't have to be a chef to know what you're eating is poo poo, you DO have to have at least tried it before you can say it's good or not.

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

mojo1701a posted:

While you don't have to be a chef to know what you're eating is poo poo, you DO have to have at least tried it before you can say it's good or not.

If I think Nissan is going to take over the car market and sell a shitload of Nissan Sentras, I have to buy the Nissan Sentra myself, even though I may not want to buy that particular car - to be consistent with my claims??

This is loving stupid you guys can't be this stupid

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

~ David Lee Roth

Ham Sandwiches posted:

If I think Nissan is going to take over the car market and sell a shitload of Nissan Sentras, I have to buy the Nissan Sentra myself, even though I may not want to buy that particular car - to be consistent with my claims??

If you think it's going to sell a shitload of Sentras and be worth more in the future, why wouldn't you?

Hey my friend's new company is gonna take off, I just know it. He even asked me to invest! I told him, "No, thank you." And I still stand behind him 100%.

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

mojo1701a posted:

If you think it's going to sell a shitload of Sentras and be worth more in the future, why wouldn't you?

Because I own an SUV and still want to talk about the car market?

Like if I want to talk about whether the Honda Accord to the Toyota Camry will be the #1 selling car in America and have great resale, but have no interest in buying either one, am I allowed to like... yaknow... say what I think will happen? Or do I not get to make such a bold claim without buying one first?

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Ham Sandwiches posted:

i think the idea is that if you are going to make wild claims that make no reasonable sense people are going to question your motives maybe? With questions about the level of your involvement in the activity your opinion is based on to better judge where you are coming from?

not that hard mister semantics. Which is why people think you are trolling. You are sperging out like 20 hours a day preaching the bitcoin gospel and somehow think that people aren't going to go "Huh now why is this guy like psychotically obsessed with this topic?"

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

~ David Lee Roth

Ham Sandwiches posted:

Because I own an SUV and still want to talk about the car market?

Like if I want to talk about whether the Honda Accord to the Toyota Camry will be the #1 selling car in America and have great resale, but have no interest in buying either one, am I allowed to like... yaknow... say what I think will happen? Or do I not get to make such a bold claim without buying one first?

Hey I didn't make that argument.

But the point still stands, if you were such a firm believer at the beginning, why didn't you invest? I believed in Eastern Poland, and I invested!

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Ham Sandwiches posted:

I mean you also haven't said, "I DON'T trade bitcoins", so you're leaving us on this weird Schrodinger's cliffhanger. *I'm* just curious, because a lot of us probably have hosed around with it; like my friend and I bought a few to 'try it out' first when the first news of Silk Road broke several years ago; he was already messing with TOR at that point for security purposes, so it was natural to just 'look into it'.

The things we tried worked, but after that we just didn't really bother with the market-trading aspects of it, because the novelty wore off. Watching the whole Butterfly Labs thing happen was loving hilarious, as well.

edit: :iiaca:

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

Space Crabs posted:

i think the idea is that if you are going to make wild claims that make no reasonable sense people are going to question your motives maybe? With questions about the level of your involvement in the activity your opinion is based on to better judge where you are coming from?

not that hard mister semantics. Which is why people think you are trolling. You are sperging out like 20 hours a day preaching the bitcoin gospel and somehow think that people aren't going to go "Huh now why is this guy like psychotically obsessed with this topic?"

Ah yes psychotically obsessed great stuff well I'm glad you've joined the thread

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

~ David Lee Roth

Waffle House posted:

I mean you also haven't said, "I DON'T trade bitcoins", so you're leaving us on this weird Schrodinger's cliffhanger. *I'm* just curious, because a lot of us probably have hosed around with it; like my friend and I bought a few to 'try it out' first when the first news of Silk Road broke several years ago; he was already messing with TOR at that point for security purposes, so it was natural to just 'look into it'.

The things we tried worked, but after that we just didn't really bother with the market-trading aspects of it, because the novelty wore off. Watching the whole Butterfly Labs thing happen was loving hilarious, as well.

edit: :iiaca:

Once again, the only true way to make money in a gold rush is to be the one selling shovels.

Or in the case of BFL, sell the promise of a future shovel and never deliver.

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

Waffle House posted:

I mean you also haven't said, "I DON'T trade bitcoins", so you're leaving us on this weird Schrodinger's cliffhanger. *I'm* just curious, because a lot of us probably have hosed around with it;

Great I'm the guy to point out that goon claims of all exchanges being frauds are overblown, even divabot's links from today are misleading the coinbase one worked out fine and the ticket was closed why link that bullshit :confused:, that bitcoin is now $3000, that shitloads of people are using it, and that the same old drying starberries sister inheritance do you know what Mt Gox stands for!! stuff is out of date and dumb and wrong but still being repeated earnestly as if it was 100% true

And I don't want to post my bitcoin resume to make that observation

And you can thank the other guy for the car analogy

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

mojo1701a posted:

Once again, the only true way to make money in a gold rush is to be the one selling shovels.

Or in the case of BFL, sell the promise of a future shovel and never deliver.

Ah, those sweet, summer days when we were just starting to discover the holes in Kickstarter's business model.

Ham Sandwiches posted:

Great I'm the guy to point out that goon claims of all exchanges being frauds are overblown, even divabot's links from today are misleading the coinbase one worked out fine and the ticket was closed why link that bullshit :confused:, that bitcoin is now $3000, that shitloads of people are using it, and that the same old drying starberries sister inheritance do you know what Mt Gox stands for!! stuff is out of date and dumb and wrong but still being repeated earnestly as if it was 100% true

And I don't want to post my bitcoin resume to make that observation

And you can thank the other guy for the car analogy

Ok, well. Honestly I'm going to stop prying, but you do understand that your unwillingness to talk about your credentials but offer opinion wholesale just makes you look weird and hokey to the rest of the world. It's not like any of us have any interest in finding you and destroying you, you're just posting like the whirlwind and expecting us to take you seriously without leveling any evidence or giving yourself personal credence.

You're just Joe EveryRandom on the internet blathering on without these things.

Waffle House fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Jun 8, 2017

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Ham Sandwiches posted:

Ah yes psychotically obsessed great stuff well I'm glad you've joined the thread

Thank you, guy who wants to scream in peoples faces and thinks they shouldn't ask him why he is screaming in their faces.

Next Up: Throwing poo poo at people and denying to explain to anyone why you are throwing literal poo poo while acting like they are the assholes in the situation.

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

Space Crabs posted:

Thank you, guy who wants to scream in peoples faces and thinks they shouldn't ask him why he is screaming in their faces.

Calmly typing text in the gbs thread for bitcoins and this dude has come up with words like "psychotic" "obsessive" 'screaming"

what the gently caress is going on in your internal monologue hellscape dude

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

~ David Lee Roth

Waffle House posted:

Ah, those sweet, summer days when we were just starting to discover the holes in Kickstarter's business model.

And not a single person thought to himself, "Wait a minute. If these miners are so good at mining bitcoins without any effort, why wouldn't they just do it themselves?"

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

mojo1701a posted:

And not a single person thought to himself, "Wait a minute. If these miners are so good at mining bitcoins without any effort, why wouldn't they just do it themselves?"

They didn't have to. Goons already told them it was a scam, that the electricity would never be worth it (since bitcoins were $30), that exchanges were bullshit, and that it was tax fraud. At best it would be used for drugs, child porn, or money laundering.

And clearly that was completely accurate ;)

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

~ David Lee Roth

Ham Sandwiches posted:

They didn't have to. Goons already told them it was a scam, that the electricity would never be worth it (since bitcoins were $30), that exchanges were bullshit, and that it was tax fraud. At best it would be used for drugs, child porn, or money laundering.

And clearly that was completely accurate ;)

But they were. BFL was taken to court and the whole house of cards collapsed. My memory's rusty on it, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

mojo1701a posted:

But they were. BFL was taken to court and the whole house of cards collapsed. My memory's rusty on it, though.

I was referring to bitcoins in general, not that Kickstarter project.

Incidentally I think Kickstarter turned out to be a bigger scam than Bitcoin.

• Locked thread