Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~
Just lost a mirror match where poo poo bugged the gently caress out not once, but twice. First my Bekker's didn't reverse his Bekker's, it just swapped with the 1 drop nearest his new 10, so that was hilarious. Then one of his eggs spawned two harpies instead of one. Feels fuckin' horrible man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.

Darke GBF posted:

Just lost a mirror match where poo poo bugged the gently caress out not once, but twice. First my Bekker's didn't reverse his Bekker's, it just swapped with the 1 drop nearest his new 10, so that was hilarious. Then one of his eggs spawned two harpies instead of one. Feels fuckin' horrible man.

Bekker is used in many monster decks and isn't bugged, I don't know what just happened to you.

Harpies can spawn other harpies whenever harpies are spawned right of the eggs because they can trigger deathwish.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~

Kawabata posted:

Bekker is used in many monster decks and isn't bugged, I don't know what just happened to you.

Harpies can spawn other harpies whenever harpies are spawned right of the eggs because they can trigger deathwish.

He used Bekker's. It swaps his harpy egg and the Frightener on my side of the field. I play Bekker's. It swaps his buffed harpy egg and his other harpy egg. I don't know how the priority system works for it, but at the time it seemed like bullshit. I would've made another play but I had a pretty bad draw and I knew he was running lots of 1 and 2 strength stuff.

Didn't know that about the harpies though. I guess it rarely happens because both eggs die at the same time or the 5 body is on the right to cover the remaining egg. In my case I lacerated the 10 egg and 1 egg and it spawned two harpies so I was like...k.

Karnivool
May 28, 2009
With regards to priority i've seen this floating around, not to sure how updated it is but the lower the priority number the earlier it resolves

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DLK2qrJwwo4DWjvC2QgOg-AtFhGL3Br4R0BBjIF78N0/pubhtml

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Hey guys, please, how is that for a lower rank deck? Thanks in advance :buddy:

http://imgur.com/a/X4rJS

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

dead comedy forums posted:

Try to craft a Water Hag for 200 scraps and throw it in there instead of Commander's Horn. I was running horn for a while and would seldom get a play where I could do something like buff a row with 4+ harpy eggs and pass to apply pressure, but for the most part the card isn't very useful. Maybe replace Overdose with something else like another frost if you are using Eredin, i've never even seen that card used.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

dead comedy forums posted:

Not bad. I like Wild Hunt Riders instead of Ghouls though because you can maybe proc Trio or you get resilience if you lose the round.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
I'm pretty sure i've opened more than 40 kegs in a row with no legendary. I opened a legendary at some point during the tutorials while unlocking all the leaders, and i've opened roughly 4 kegs a day on average based on daily rewards, level ups, rank ups, etc. It's been like 12 or 13 days? Has the pity ever been directly confirmed? I wish there was a way to track the exact number of kegs.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The amount of data we have confirms it, yes. Apparently the level 20 reward resets the timer so maybe that was it.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
People are saying the devs said the level rewards are independent. Maybe kegs purchased with Ore don't follow the same rules as kegs purchased with money?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
That would make no sense.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Do we know when the changes were going live? Some really cool stuff there.

King Pawn
Apr 24, 2010
I'm pretty sure I'm bad at this game :saddowns: If I recorded myself playing a game and posted it up, would anyone be willing to review it? We used to do this semi-regularly in the Hearthstone threads but maybe it's harder for Gwent..

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

King Pawn posted:

I'm pretty sure I'm bad at this game :saddowns: If I recorded myself playing a game and posted it up, would anyone be willing to review it? We used to do this semi-regularly in the Hearthstone threads but maybe it's harder for Gwent..

Sure

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

King Pawn posted:

I'm all for this, I'm pretty bad too. I liked it when we did it in the early HS threads, that was really helpful. And this game is a lot more difficult in all honesty.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Post the recordings, nerds!

In other news, Gwent devs today confirmed that milling premiums will give their scrap value

https://twitter.com/PlayGwent/status/872756191604219904

Gonna have to think long and hard about milling premium Tibor. Premiums just look so drat nice in this game. Especially the ones that play music like the Crones.

BitesizedNike
Mar 29, 2008

.flac
This should mean a strategy could be to craft nerfed gold premiums, and mill them post-patch for a pretty solid powder -> scraps conversion.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

I'm curious how the refund system will work. Otherwise, yeah, between gold weathers, kayran, tibor, and ithlinne you can buy 20 bucks of meteorite powder to get 10 premiums of your choice. (I guess 12 if john calveit's getting nerfed too?)

BitesizedNike
Mar 29, 2008

.flac
Maybe there's an accounting/economic reason they can't give you back meteorite powder, but this is nearly comically broken on how easy it will be to get golds during the refund period if you're willing to part with some :20bux:. I don't see them doing this in the future, but who knows.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Normally I don't mill premiums but that's too tempting to pass up. I think the only premium gold I have besides Geralt(who I won't mill of course) is Coral but I've got a lot of premium silvers that should mill for 400(I think?).

EDIT: I'm an idiot, it's only nerfed cards. Still that means I can convert meteorite powder to scraps so that's great.

BitesizedNike
Mar 29, 2008

.flac
If you have any spare scraps & powder you should probably go ahead and make premium RNR/Drought. There seems to be zero downside, unless you really value powder (which is silly since you can buy it directly).

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

BabyRyoga posted:

Try to craft a Water Hag for 200 scraps and throw it in there instead of Commander's Horn. I was running horn for a while and would seldom get a play where I could do something like buff a row with 4+ harpy eggs and pass to apply pressure, but for the most part the card isn't very useful. Maybe replace Overdose with something else like another frost if you are using Eredin, i've never even seen that card used.

Xtanstic posted:

Not bad. I like Wild Hunt Riders instead of Ghouls though because you can maybe proc Trio or you get resilience if you lose the round.

:) Thanks again. I don't have 3 biting frosts because I don't have 3 wild hunt hounds, so I rather chuck something else there. Ghouls are to set up the ekimmaras, particularly if the opponent commits a strong card in the first round - I almost always fold in the second so they have to waste a card or two beating the round to set up for the third.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Slowhanded posted:

If you have any spare scraps & powder you should probably go ahead and make premium RNR/Drought. There seems to be zero downside, unless you really value powder (which is silly since you can buy it directly).

I kind of value powder since I want to have a premium deck or two soonish and will be getting a ton of scrap off of cards I haven't milled and refunded scrap for purchased kegs. I'm currently sitting on over 3k of unmilled stuff, including picking all brokvar hunters and poo poo when given the option. I can't even imagine how much scrap i'm gonna have when the patch hits and will probably be able to get every legendary I don't have. Then it's onto premiums.

We are getting full scrap for nerfed rares/commons, right? Not just epic/legendary?

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Respectable Bespectacled Receptacle
Getting kind of tired of wombo combo poo poo. Brouver -> Saskia -> Roach -> Silver resilient dwarf, Calveit -> Golems -> Cahir -> Roach -> Rainfarn -> Cantarella, etc. Considering how important it is to win the first round with most decks, starting behind 30 points before you get to play a card doesn't seem fair to me. I'm all for cool synergies, but this feels like Patches the Pirate from Hearthstone all over again, only this time he's way bigger and there are five of him in every deck.

King Pawn
Apr 24, 2010
I guess I should have checked if I was set up to record before I asked. Had to wrestle with my terrible Australian internet and a busted microphone so excuse the quality https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8E2HQKYrn5o

My current deck: based off this but with only the default gold cards, and teched for low ranked metagame as best I could manage.

I already noticed a few mistakes, especially with the reaver hunters at the end, but I'm sure there's more I was completely oblivious to. Very grateful for any help :)

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

I would have held off on Thaler and kept your Round 2 score low until the Cavalry popped out of your deck, but I assume you figured that out as soon as you played him. Also lol at Foltest buffing spies, but I think that's getting changed in the patch. Other than that and putting that Reaver on the wrong row, that looked fine.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Dunno about you but let me tell you about those emissaries plays with golems still in the deck.

Leatherhead
Jul 3, 2006

For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed;
And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still

Obviously no one knows for sure with the nerfa coming, but if you had to guess one deck that will be solid a week or so from now what would it be? I've climbed to Rank 11 on a home brewed Bran-Axeman deck, occasionally switching to a janky Henselt Reaver, but now I've hit a brick wall and my win rate is settling in around 50%.

It seems like I should switch up decks but I have the most cards for SK and NR, so I want to put my scraps and keg picks towards one particular deck.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Chainsawdomy posted:

Obviously no one knows for sure with the nerfa coming, but if you had to guess one deck that will be solid a week or so from now what would it be? I've climbed to Rank 11 on a home brewed Bran-Axeman deck, occasionally switching to a janky Henselt Reaver, but now I've hit a brick wall and my win rate is settling in around 50%.

It seems like I should switch up decks but I have the most cards for SK and NR, so I want to put my scraps and keg picks towards one particular deck.

The NR machine deck might be pretty good. Sometimes when things get tuned they get overtuned and NR is seeing massive changes this patch. NG is still good, since not much will be changing. The best deck will probably be Dagon good stuff, since nothing is really changing in the deck and it's basically just getting new, upgraded options.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Chainsawdomy posted:

Weather monsters is probably my top pick with the fact that skellige hunter decks are eating a huge nerf. Spellige will be untouched, Spellatael and Nilfgaard decks that aren't spellgard will be weaker but only a few digits weaker, both will still be a good deck IMO. There will probably be some kind of NR deck with reaver hunters that's stronger then than it is now.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
Is there a full list of cards yet that will mill double?

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

King Pawn posted:

I guess I should have checked if I was set up to record before I asked. Had to wrestle with my terrible Australian internet and a busted microphone so excuse the quality https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8E2HQKYrn5o

My current deck: based off this but with only the default gold cards, and teched for low ranked metagame as best I could manage.

I already noticed a few mistakes, especially with the reaver hunters at the end, but I'm sure there's more I was completely oblivious to. Very grateful for any help :)

Before I start, i'll just say: I'm personally not a fan of Foltest over Henselt. I think Foltest gives you a lot more reliability in winning round 3 and getting neneke value, and reavers are already excellent at winning round 1 usually. I also prefer mages w/ frost over light cavalary and kaedwani siege support, you have a lot more control over how turn 1 goes and how your deck gets thinned. This game in general is kind of weird because he concedes round 1 so early; in my experience round 1 is usually a much bigger struggle which is ideal for you to thin your deck more so you can draw into your combo pieces during round 2.

Round 1 looks fine; winning turn 1 for cheap with a reaver deck is really important, since you can use reavers for a blow out later. I think playing Philippa on turn 2, targeting Cynthia might've been stronger for you. You'd get the full 15 damage value out of Phillipa on top of killing the Impera Brigade, which makes turn 1 much more difficult for NG to win since they're so reliant on the huge power boost brigades give.

Round 2, looks fine, your goal there is just to bleed him out for as much as you can so you can swing with reavers hard in the last round.

Round 3, using ADC early is a mistake. I would Operator early, then once you've played at least one reaver hunter you can play ADC to pull the other reaver hunter. This would've let you use a reaver scout to pull the second blue stripes scout and clear the skellige storm, and it leaves you less vulnerable to igni/scorch and lets you feel free to stack 3 reaver hunters on a row to get value from their trio effect. (I assume you played the third scout in the middle row to avoid Igni)

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
how does foltest add value to nenneke?

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Normal Adult Human posted:

how does foltest add value to nenneke?

I assume the poster confused Henselt and Foltest there.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Henselt is way too good for units like Reavers or those Trebuchets

King Pawn
Apr 24, 2010

Minrad posted:

Before I start, i'll just say: I'm personally not a fan of Foltest over Henselt. I think Foltest gives you a lot more reliability in winning round 3 and getting neneke value, and reavers are already excellent at winning round 1 usually. I also prefer mages w/ frost over light cavalary and kaedwani siege support, you have a lot more control over how turn 1 goes and how your deck gets thinned. This game in general is kind of weird because he concedes round 1 so early; in my experience round 1 is usually a much bigger struggle which is ideal for you to thin your deck more so you can draw into your combo pieces during round 2.

Round 1 looks fine; winning turn 1 for cheap with a reaver deck is really important, since you can use reavers for a blow out later. I think playing Philippa on turn 2, targeting Cynthia might've been stronger for you. You'd get the full 15 damage value out of Phillipa on top of killing the Impera Brigade, which makes turn 1 much more difficult for NG to win since they're so reliant on the huge power boost brigades give.

Round 2, looks fine, your goal there is just to bleed him out for as much as you can so you can swing with reavers hard in the last round.

Round 3, using ADC early is a mistake. I would Operator early, then once you've played at least one reaver hunter you can play ADC to pull the other reaver hunter. This would've let you use a reaver scout to pull the second blue stripes scout and clear the skellige storm, and it leaves you less vulnerable to igni/scorch and lets you feel free to stack 3 reaver hunters on a row to get value from their trio effect. (I assume you played the third scout in the middle row to avoid Igni)

Thanks for these comments, they're very helpful. I've held off on crafting Nenneke because I've seen several people refer to her being bugged - what's the issue there?

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Locke Dunnegan posted:

I assume the poster confused Henselt and Foltest there.

Yeah whoops

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Henselt is way too good for units like Reavers or those Trebuchets

Yeah there's games where I play reaver hunters 8 times, it gets pretty brutal. It's super obvious when you've got 1 card and leader power in round 3, but if they can't win round 1 there's not a whole lot they can do to stop it. Mage and scout thinning is too drat good.

King Pawn posted:

Thanks for these comments, they're very helpful. I've held off on crafting Nenneke because I've seen several people refer to her being bugged - what's the issue there?

Rarely she'll flip the table and make the game unplayable. I personally haven't seen it, it seems about as common as any other game ending bug atm.

here's my list if you're interested. scrap the cavalry, I was testing >25 card meme decks for a moment.

Shani's probably the most important gold for more consistency with grabbing reavers, staggering their HP, blocking vico medic, grabbing the fourth one that neneke missed, etc etc. She's drat good, everything else is flexible.
Avallach's there to make round 1 stronger and more consistent but I've had games where I managed to deck myself playing it, hence the light cavalry being tested as an experiment but I'd probably not run them by default. I think I was just running a Ciri beforehand as a general "good poo poo" card.
I'd run RNR over drought but i don't own the latter; gold weathers are nice in the list since you're running so many frost that bait clearing weather. Nilfgaard in particular really struggles if you just windmill slam a mage on their melee row turn 1; you'll be able to re-frost it if they clear at worst.

Downside to this list is that your backrow becomes super vulnerable to weather; reavers usually carry round 1 anyways but there's games where I've lost almost 30 power off the back row between mages and blue stripes.

Minera fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Jun 8, 2017

King Pawn
Apr 24, 2010
My experience is that Cavalry are almost more trouble than they're worth even with the Foltest/Siege Support synergies. I get that I'll see more explosive starts as I rank up and hence they'll come out more consistently, but yeah I'd be surprised if you stuck with them.

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Any thoughts on this deck? It feels like it's just on the cusp of being good, but the number of times I lose round 3 by less than five points is infuriating. I recently got rid of Roach in favor of Scorch because otherwise I have no way of dealing with high strength units. Sometimes the Crones feel like a liability, but I don't know what to switch them with. I'll probably throw in Frightener once the patch hits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

I'd cut the white frost honestly. It's a card that always hits ranged row, and ranged row is like the least common row to see units on. Throw in the uh, consume a monster in a graveyard silver, should help a ton if you're struggling against SK as well. Probably also want a third harpy over the golem.