Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Nfcknblvbl posted:

Today's a good run for me.

burgars, cookies, chips, beer, and cheese pizzas. a healthy balanced diet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Nfcknblvbl posted:

are you me!?

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Rutibex posted:

burgars, cookies, chips, beer, and cheese pizzas. a healthy balanced diet

do you not see the hummus in there what more do you want

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Meydey posted:

Call me a heathen but if I was in the UK, I would skip the dog and do the cottage pie and jacket potato w/chili.

Note: Going to BC next month, will get Costco poutine. Will be in the UK in Sept, gimme that cottage pie!

Cole slaw, tuna, and baked beans on a baked potato

What in the wooorld

Do British people really eat that

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Cinnamon apple pinwheels.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Nfcknblvbl posted:

Couple questions:

How ARE the frozen Costco za's? Like, compared to your local supermarkets best? Is there actually cheesiness? (a hard thing to do imho with frozen za)

Whats that take-n-bake?

Also I will crush Kirkland light beer all night without shame. :cheers:

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
It says "Flank steak with lime cilantro marinade"

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Meydey posted:

Call me a heathen but if I was in the UK, I would skip the dog and do the cottage pie and jacket potato w/chili.

Note: Going to BC next month, will get Costco poutine. Will be in the UK in Sept, gimme that cottage pie!
costco sized hunk of cottage pie for three bucks fifty?? yes please :yum:

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Meydey posted:

The cottage pie is 90% potatoes, and the beef chili on the jacket potato has so much sugar that it tastes sweet. The pizza is the best one of the lot.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Chinatown posted:

Couple questions:

How ARE the frozen Costco za's? Like, compared to your local supermarkets best? Is there actually cheesiness? (a hard thing to do imho with frozen za)

Whats that take-n-bake?

Those frozen pizza are easily the best frozen I've ever had and I like them more than most fresh pizza. Very cheesy!

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

Wife and I tried the Costco UK food on vacation because we are boring like that. The pie thing was bland. They did have BBQ chicken pizza which was decent and scones with jam though. Also yes I saw people eat tuna on a "jacket" potato.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Chinatown posted:

Couple questions:

Whats that take-n-bake?

The Kirkland brand frozen pizzas are second to none.

Kassoon
Nov 16, 2005

gonna hit you with his cockatrice
these loving costco cookies are you kidding me

*opens spreadsheet* ok if I eat nothing else today and do a double routine at the gym tonight I can eat 8 more cookies and be fine

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Kassoon posted:

these loving costco cookies are you kidding me

*opens spreadsheet* ok if I eat nothing else today and do a double routine at the gym tonight I can eat 8 more cookies and be fine

I had to force myself not to eat some of those cookies on my way out to work this morning.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Hmm, might need to take an impromptu trip to the 'Co to see about these "cookies"

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Bought 4 boxes of the frozen Kirkland pizza today. Only lack of space stopped my rampage.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious
The Costco cookies are so good and you get so many for not so much

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

If you are able to wait a little bit before eating them, heat up those cookies just slightly. They are even better.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Bought 4 boxes of the frozen Kirkland pizza today. Only lack of space stopped my rampage.

The 'co is good. Praise be.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Nfcknblvbl posted:

The diaper genie refills were cheaper at Target the last time I bought them. Target brand, not actual Diaper Genie brand.

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

the mean lunch lady posted:

The Costco cookies are so good and you get so many for not so much

The only drawback is that they have a really short shelf life, so you either end up having to throw some out or become a fat gently caress.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

FogHelmut posted:

The diaper genie refills were cheaper at Target the last time I bought them. Target brand, not actual Diaper Genie brand.

I'll keep that in mind next time we need them, thanks!

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

I have a tale to tell. You may want to sit down.

Went with my Dad to Costco for some stay at home dad food (I'm a teacher and off for summer) got some fruit, veggies, snacks, rotisserie chicken and 2 things I have never seen mentioned that are the truth. Costco chicken salad (is amazing ) and the whisp (?) crackers that are just baked Parmesan cheese. Crazy haul.

Now comes the hard part. My dad was hungry. As was I. He went to the food court and picked up 2 dogs, 2 drinks ( with refills) and 2 churros. I go to grab toppings, put on some mustard, squirt of catsup.... and there are no onions. Anywhere. Not even the empty container.

Your thoughts and prayers will help us through this difficult time.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Snowmankilla posted:

Went with my Dad to Costco for some stay at home dad food (I'm a teacher and off for summer) got some fruit, veggies, snacks, rotisserie chicken and 2 things I have never seen mentioned that are the truth. Costco chicken salad (is amazing ) and the whisp (?) crackers that are just baked Parmesan cheese. Crazy haul.

Now comes the hard part. My dad was hungry. As was I. He went to the food court and picked up 2 dogs, 2 drinks ( with refills) and 2 churros. I go to grab toppings, put on some mustard, squirt of catsup.... and there are no onions. Anywhere. Not even the empty container.

I went from cautious joy to abject howling misery as I read this, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your father!

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

the good fax machine posted:

Hmm, might need to take an impromptu trip to the 'Co to see about these "cookies"

They're on sale right now too! :science:

Count Freebasie posted:

The only drawback is that they have a really short shelf life, so you either end up having to throw some out or become a fat gently caress.

Like most Costco bakery products, stick them in the freezer unless you regularly consume 10,000+ calories in a day. Plus heating them up from frozen melts the chocolate and makes them that much better.

Snowmankilla posted:

You brought it upon yourself for the ketchup. This is punishment for your sins. :catholic:

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Count Freebasie posted:

throw that cookie in the microwave for 10 seconds and its good as new, just like it came out of the oven

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Snowmankilla posted:

reported for gore

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
The Costco I'm at has the cheeseburger!

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Dr Tran posted:

The Costco I'm at has the cheeseburger!

:stare: You know what you must do.....

alsogetthedogit'saquarterpounddogforabuckfiftyANDyougetadrinkWITHarefill!

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

binge crotching posted:

The cottage pie is 90% potatoes, and the beef chili on the jacket potato has so much sugar that it tastes sweet. The pizza is the best one of the lot.

Jesus christ Britain. Go loving take over another country and get some good food.

Math You
Oct 27, 2010

So put your faith
in more than steel

Snowmankilla posted:

You have to ask at the counter for onions / sour kraut/ hot peppers at a lot of warehouses now.

Also Ketchup is a terrible sin. Relish is acceptable if a little lame

Anton Chigurh
Mar 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Math You posted:

You have to ask at the counter for onions / sour kraut/ hot peppers at a lot of warehouses now.

Also Ketchup is a terrible sin. Relish is acceptable if a little lame

I assume this is because people were abusing the amount of onions/kraut/peppers they were using? I guess even Costco has its limits.

Thankfully my local one still makes onions available with the other condiments. No kraut in the condiment section though, but I don't eat that foul crap so I don't really care.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

:911: trip to the 'co

Freedom rains from above.

Math You
Oct 27, 2010

So put your faith
in more than steel

Anton Chigurh posted:

I assume this is because people were abusing the amount of onions/kraut/peppers they were using? I guess even Costco has its limits.

Thankfully my local one still makes onions available with the other condiments. No kraut in the condiment section though, but I don't eat that foul crap so I don't really care.

I think it had more to do with the bins sitting out / being a potential health and safety thing. Imagine all the goons you could kill by poisoning Costco onions?

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dely Apple posted:

:911: trip to the 'co

Freedom rains from above.

It's weird to see that I'm not the only one that goes to Costco for only a couple items, seems like everyone I see at the warehouse has a cart filled with $500 worth of poo poo

Bone_Enterprise
Aug 9, 2005

Inception Cigars
www.inceptioncigars.com
Kraut Life:

naem
May 29, 2011

It's weird to see that I'm not the only one that goes to Costco for only a couple items, seems like everyone I see at the warehouse has a cart filled with $500 worth of poo poo

Some people try to min/max life like it's an mmo. Personally I play on a roll playing server

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

I would totally do that if my Costco wasn't off a major busy as gently caress hemmeroid-busting commuter freeway from like 2-7:30pm, and also if my costco wasn't nearly always irl thunderdome with 80 people lined up 30 minutes before they open. Instead I usually just try to make it more like once a month.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

I think it's peer pressure! And hunger dictating impulse shopping. Which is fine I guess for people who vacuum seal but dang, most of those veggies will go bad in under a week.

I wanted club soda but they don't sell it I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sound Mr. Brown
Feb 21, 2005

The love of learning, the sequestered nooks,
And all the sweet serenity of books.

Dog Disparity