Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Ugh I can't play until the patch, I'm about to hit level 20 and I don't want to draw a leader card. CDPR make haste :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
wait morenn damages through shield? :thunk:

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

I reached level 10, so I played a pair of ranked games to see what would happen...

Woah, so much more bullshit in comparison with casual :P :P. Tibors, Renewals, RNR, Draughts, etc. Lots of rare gold/silver cards I hadn't see appeared suddenly.

Also, today I noticed people having better decks against the typical NG decks.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Wish I had more gold cards that were being nerfed, I'd definitely powder them up and then mill them for a free legendary. The only one I have that is (maybe?) getting nerfed is Calveit.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I have 4000 scraps worth of Queensguard apparently. Still can't really believe they're going forward with this milling policy, it's over the top.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Does the patch go live today?

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

No Wave posted:

I have 4000 scraps worth of Queensguard apparently. Still can't really believe they're going forward with this milling policy, it's over the top.

all I'm expecting after the patch is even more netdecks as everyones collection caps out lol

Leatherhead
Jul 3, 2006

For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed;
And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still

ShowTime posted:

The NR machine deck might be pretty good. Sometimes when things get tuned they get overtuned and NR is seeing massive changes this patch. NG is still good, since not much will be changing. The best deck will probably be Dagon good stuff, since nothing is really changing in the deck and it's basically just getting new, upgraded options.
I should have most of the stuff for NR machines so I'll keep that in mind. Monsters is unfortunately my least developed faction; I've got two of the crones but none of the golds and I think I'm even missing a decent number of rares.

Minrad posted:

Weather monsters is probably my top pick with the fact that skellige hunter decks are eating a huge nerf. Spellige will be untouched, Spellatael and Nilfgaard decks that aren't spellgard will be weaker but only a few digits weaker, both will still be a good deck IMO. There will probably be some kind of NR deck with reaver hunters that's stronger then than it is now.

Do you have a good list for Spellige? I'd be interested to try it since I've got pretty much all the good SK cards except Wild Boar and Cerys.

Thanks to you both. I've been tweaking Reavers and managed to stabilize my win rate around 60% so I might be able to climb up to rank 12, but while I can beat weather monsters and NG spies, the various spells-only decks are kicking my rear end even with a DBomb I just opened.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Does the patch go live today?

There's still no date that I know of, at the least I would assume it won't hit today in NA time since it's already 9PM in Poland

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
tomorrow or monday seems to be the common assumption w.r.t. patch timing

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

If they let you craft a nerfed card and then mill it for full value for 5 days after the patch (that's kinda what it sounds like), that's nuts. Mill all the nerfed cards, craft nerfed legendaries, turn them premium, mill those for 1600 scraps.

How is anyone just coming to the game ever going to catch up lol

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

If they let you craft a nerfed card and then mill it for full value for 5 days after the patch (that's kinda what it sounds like), that's nuts. Mill all the nerfed cards, craft nerfed legendaries, turn them premium, mill those for 1600 scraps.

They're not going to let you get infinite scraps.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Chainsawdomy posted:

I should have most of the stuff for NR machines so I'll keep that in mind. Monsters is unfortunately my least developed faction; I've got two of the crones but none of the golds and I think I'm even missing a decent number of rares.

Do you have a good list for Spellige? I'd be interested to try it since I've got pretty much all the good SK cards except Wild Boar and Cerys.

Thanks to you both. I've been tweaking Reavers and managed to stabilize my win rate around 60% so I might be able to climb up to rank 12, but while I can beat weather monsters and NG spies, the various spells-only decks are kicking my rear end even with a DBomb I just opened.

Just swim's list

http://www.gwentdb.com/decks/20610-updated-swims-axemen-spellige-top-4

I don't think he mentions it in the silvers section, but Ocvist is also worth considering and I think regular Yen can work too since she's basically a fourth tremors, which is your strongest combo card.

Weather monsters is decent vs spell decks

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

RatHat posted:

They're not going to let you get infinite scraps.

It would only be infinite if you're willing to spend a lot of real cash on meteorite powder, but yeah I'm sure you're right. Still, a whole lot of scraps for anyone who has a big pile of legendary cards that are gonna get nerfed.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

It would only be infinite if you're willing to spend a lot of real cash on meteorite powder, but yeah I'm sure you're right. Still, a whole lot of scraps for anyone who has a big pile of legendary cards that are gonna get nerfed.

Oh I misunderstood what you were saying. But yeah I crafted premium RNR and Kayran for the patch, effectively converting dust to scraps.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Swim bragging how degenerate his monster swarm deck is and how he was totally gonna 2-0 this guy and wanted to show off how he's slammed 80 power on to the board in two turns

https://clips.twitch.tv/BovineTubularKaleJebaited

he lost lol

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

rouge means red in french

I doubt they'll give you full value if you craft cards AFTER they are nerfed.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Minrad posted:

Swim bragging how degenerate his monster swarm deck is and how he was totally gonna 2-0 this guy and wanted to show off how he's slammed 80 power on to the board in two turns

https://clips.twitch.tv/BovineTubularKaleJebaited

he lost lol

He may have lost but I absolutely love the decks he ends up making. This one with all the harpies and lesser golems that get buffed by Iris is such a hoot. He is that one streamer/player that can build both competitive decks and fun decks, that happen to be pretty good in addition to being pretty fun.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

ShowTime posted:

He may have lost but I absolutely love the decks he ends up making. This one with all the harpies and lesser golems that get buffed by Iris is such a hoot. He is that one streamer/player that can build both competitive decks and fun decks, that happen to be pretty good in addition to being pretty fun.

Hey, that's neat, I employed an Iris/golem combo the other night and was delighted to find how effective it is.

Iris I think has a home in my monster deck, but she's not nearly as useful across the board as I'd like.

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.
The news about nerfed premiums sounds great and I'll totally exploit it as much as I can. I just wish I read that before receiving a pack legendary with Isengrim, Cerys and loving Gaunter O'Dimm as choice.

I went for Isengrim, they have to make ambush decent one day :(

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I hope they make Iorveth good, such a good character having such a bang out poo poo card is pretty poor.

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
saskia is two cards :-3

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
I have 2k dust, what do I use it on for free scraps? I have calveit, RNR and ...?

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.

Asehujiko posted:

I have 2k dust, what do I use it on for free scraps? I have calveit, RNR and ...?

Saesenthessis

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Kawabata posted:

Saesenthessis

What? She isn't being nerfed.

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

RatHat posted:

What? She isn't being nerfed.

Yes she is. Well changed, anyway.

EDIT:Wait, it's only cards that are reduced in power? That's confusing.

Kawabata fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Jun 9, 2017

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Is there any reason why roach isn't auto-include in almost every deck?

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008

comedyblissoption posted:

Is there any reason why roach isn't auto-include in almost every deck?

Silvers are really good.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
I have 3k dust and crafted a premium RNR. I can probably make any list I want when this goes live.

edit: Not dust, scraps

BabyRyoga fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Jun 9, 2017

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Uh you used scraps to craft it? You're just going to get those same scraps back, what's the point?

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
I crafted the 800 one and upped it with dust.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Ok that makes more sense.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
I had just confused Hearthstone dust and Gwent scraps for a second. Unfortunately, I don't have enough more Gwent dust to make another premium gold to mill. :(

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired
When will the update go live?

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Soon

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

King Pawn posted:

I guess I should have checked if I was set up to record before I asked. Had to wrestle with my terrible Australian internet and a busted microphone so excuse the quality https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8E2HQKYrn5o

My current deck: based off this but with only the default gold cards, and teched for low ranked metagame as best I could manage.

I already noticed a few mistakes, especially with the reaver hunters at the end, but I'm sure there's more I was completely oblivious to. Very grateful for any help :)

A Gwent streamer ran a deck similar to yours recently, maybe you can get some pointers from his decklist + gameplay https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O18PcH9MKrA

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
Someone needs to put a stop to toruviel, this is getting out of hand.

i won 5 of 6 games i played last night using her and im getting bolder and bolder by the day

two different people got 2-0ed in ranked with 8+ cards in hand thanks to a 2nd round toruviel and an early pass

King Pawn
Apr 24, 2010
Just played a hilarious game. Dude was way ahead in round 3 and played Villetretenmerth, reasonably expecting my last 3 cards to be Reaver Hunters - except I never drew any. Instead they were two Reaver Scouts with no valid targets, and a Triss Merigold that I had to blast my own guy with to ensure Villetretenmerth couldn't hit it. Poor guy fried his own board and lost by a single point.

Mr. Pool
Jul 10, 2001

Up Circle posted:

Someone needs to put a stop to toruviel, this is getting out of hand.

i won 5 of 6 games i played last night using her and im getting bolder and bolder by the day

two different people got 2-0ed in ranked with 8+ cards in hand thanks to a 2nd round toruviel and an early pass

I like the way you DIE human!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Another Dev stream happening next Monday on the usual time. Guess no patch today or monday.