Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
👀I'm 💯gonna🤝get you 😍daddy😍 😎Tom ⛴️Cruise💯😍💦

Edit: I feel dirty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Glad KC Green finally made it big

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

I'm picturing a 14v battery powered version of this

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

No it is chock full of evil unclean glutens :ohdear:

This is legit a thing, but my issue is with lactose. It's used in a binding agent in a lot of processed foods to give it a better texture, so it's still possible to get sick from foods that are clearly not dairy, like cheap meat, margarine, or oatmeal.

The solution is clearly never buy any food outside of the produce section and go to a real butcher who doesn't do any sort of processing at all. Otherwise you're doomed.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Picnic Princess posted:

This is legit a thing, but my issue is with lactose. It's used in a binding agent in a lot of processed foods to give it a better texture, so it's still possible to get sick from foods that are clearly not dairy, like cheap meat, margarine, or oatmeal.

The solution is clearly never buy any food outside of the produce section and go to a real butcher who doesn't do any sort of processing at all. Otherwise you're doomed.

I can just imagine the kind of picnics you reign over in your official duties as princess. This picnic kingdom sucks!

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I don't do wussy sandwiches for picnics, I bring a mini-grill and make real steaks with grilled veggies and maybe some grilled salmon.

Not really but that's obviously way better than some lovely hotdogs on crappy lactose-infused white buns and chips with dip.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.
This is the manifesto of one of the people running in Theresa May's electorate

I hope all the UK goons voted Lord Buckethead.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Bogan King posted:

This is a statement from Trumps lawyers. You can just tell by the fact that there is a typo in the first line that he has the best legal team.

Is this going to be the defense for all the poo poo Trump pulls? "He didn't do it, but why are you getting on his case because he would've been right to do it"

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Lord Buckethead seems rather socially liberal for someone running with the conservatives. I guess hunting humans is fairly right-wing, but the stuff with bikes and face-coverings is never going to fly with the hardcore tories.

e: I have been informed they are running as an independent.

Skeleton Mom has a new favorite as of 06:51 on Jun 9, 2017

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I was so disappointed to learn that Lord Buckethead was not just Buckethead who rose in power in British politics.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.
I'm afraid not, although he probably would have done about as well as Lord Buckethead

https://twitter.com/Channel4News/status/873037855756386304

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

"How dare he turn our democratic system into a farce", thinks woman who lost seats to Jeremy Corbyn in a general election she was sure to win as a confidence boost.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Eastbound Spider
Jan 2, 2011

:jeb: :effort:

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Someone please edit this to say Jab! instead

Synonymous
May 24, 2011

That was a nice distraction.

gently caress yeah.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Picnic Princess posted:

My sister has a pretty severe allergy to all things dairy (and a ton of other stuff) and it's incredible the things they put it in.

Latest discovery a little while back was white wine. loving wine. Now she has to ask the waiter to check the bottle, and they never believe it at first. I think it's a pretty recent thing. Meat and stuff I understand, like you said, as a binding agent, but wine completely took us by surprise.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

I'm so confused right now about those EU votes. Just sitting here thinking
this buckethead stuff was a joke and then I saw that video. Now I have no loving clue at all.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Blind Rasputin posted:

I'm so confused right now about those EU votes. Just sitting here thinking
this buckethead stuff was a joke and then I saw that video. Now I have no loving clue at all.

Anyone* in the UK can run for local election: they just need to stump up a £500 deposit.

They then become a legit candidate, appear on the ballot papers, stand alongside the serious politicians at vote counting time, etc

If they fail to win 5% of the votes, then they lose that £500.

Some people do it for the fun. there's even an official Monster Raving Looney Party that has been going since 1983

quote:

*In UK Parliamentary elections all candidates must be 18 years old or over and either:

A British citizen
A citizen of the Republic of Ireland
A citizen of a commonwealth country who does not require leave to enter or remain in the UK, or has indefinite leave to remain in the UK

Certain groups of people are not allowed to stand, these include:

Members of the police forces
Members of the armed forces
Civil servants, judges and peers who sit and can vote in the House of Lords
People who are subject to a bankruptcy restrictions order or a debt relief restrictions order in England, Wales or Northern Ireland
People who have been adjudged bankrupt in Northern Ireland
People who have had their estate confiscated (sequestrated) in Scotland

spog has a new favorite as of 13:35 on Jun 9, 2017

Mephiston
Mar 10, 2006

Lunatics and comedy parties are relatively common in British politics. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Official_Monster_Raving_Loony_Party

e: for that matter, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_frivolous_political_parties#United_Kingdom

Mephiston has a new favorite as of 13:37 on Jun 9, 2017

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
I mean technically anyone can run as a write-in I'm the US too we just don't have this bizzare sort of joke culture around it like Japan or the UK.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

RagnarokAngel posted:

I mean technically anyone can run as a write-in I'm the US too we just don't have this bizzare sort of joke culture around it like Japan or the UK.

Don't you?

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

I'm not aware of any but maybe its more of a thing in other parts of the country.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

spog posted:

Anyone* in the UK can run for local election: they just need to stump up a £500 deposit.

They then become a legit candidate, appear on the ballot papers, stand alongside the serious politicians at vote counting time, etc

If they fail to win 5% of the votes, then they lose that £500.

Some people do it for the fun. there's even an official Monster Raving Looney Party that has been going since 1983

And this is post Tarquin Fintim-Limbim-Whimbim-Lim Bus Stop-F’Tang-F’Tang-Olé-Biscuit-Barrel

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

RagnarokAngel posted:

I'm not aware of any but maybe its more of a thing in other parts of the country.

You elected your joke candidate :)

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll
Our president is a punchline

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Aaaaaaaaah gently caress its too early for this.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Data Graham posted:

And this is post Tarquin Fintim-Limbim-Whimbim-Lim Bus Stop-F’Tang-F’Tang-Olé-Biscuit-Barrel

Silly Party

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
Edit: Nevermind.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

RagnarokAngel posted:

Aside from the obvious trump jokes, there's that vermin supreme guy (the one with a boot on his head) that has been running for a while now.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDSiUUw21bQ

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Aside from the obvious trump jokes, there's that vermin supreme guy (the one with a boot on his head) that has been running for a while now.

Good singer, that guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whFBCIzwxp8

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

9 states do not allow write-in candidates for president. 33 other states require paperwork beforehand to have your write-in votes counted.

Surprisingly, write-in candidates have succeeded in certain aspects in the past, though the only presidential write-in successes were in primaries which probably follow different write-in rules.

And yeah, we do have some high-profile write-ins:

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

BrianBoitano posted:

9 states do not allow write-in candidates for president. 33 other states require paperwork beforehand to have your write-in votes counted.

Surprisingly, write-in candidates have succeeded in certain aspects in the past, though the only presidential write-in successes were in primaries which probably follow different write-in rules.

And yeah, we do have some high-profile write-ins:

The president we need but don't deserve

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
Did Britain have silly candidates pre-Python, or was that a sort of inspiration?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Wasn't there a poster named this?

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Mods please change my name to accidental tit slap

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Include the legend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

You just fucked with the wrong Mexican.

RagnarokAngel posted:

and Joe Exotic...

porktree has a new favorite as of 17:06 on Jun 9, 2017