Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

holy poo poo storm is a monster in shadowlands :stare: her 3 is like a 10 second long vacuum that sucks people together and her 4 and 5 do a gently caress ton of damage :stare: i had her at 4/15 and no oby or iso and she just crushed a blast relay wow

power of NAYCHA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Applied to Doctor Goons. Same name as sa

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

I've fought Jean Grey in timeline twice now and I didn't even come remotely close to beating her, even with Odin and Dormammu

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Yeah same. I've seen people on the reddit saying they easily beat her but I have no idea how. I'm not sure she took any damage at all from my 420 odin and doormat.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Tier lists are always funny, but fun to review player perspective.

Take a look at what this player said for the tiers. Wolferine looking delish.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Also maybe I'm blind but is that Punisher at upper tier top left? Use the dividers to see the tiers basically.

PUNISHER?!?

Also, looks like this guy loves Rouge as a top tier.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

I like jean being above them all in the title lmao

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

marvel jeanture fight tier list v3.1.0 by dil end

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Got my 6.6K for magnetman. It's a little weird -- you spend the money and get him 6*'ed right out of the box, then you get like 10 magneto bios each run of his mission and a bunch from the epic quest itself. He'll be 420 and T2 in like a week or two, then I'm going to be building a massive pile of magneto bios until the end of time I guess?

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Gotta start stalking up on bios to feed to the next native T2 Xman!

I really kicked myself in the dick by not buying one Beast package from the sale. 2nd day where I'm blocked by getting him to 3 star and I refuse to use a 2 start ticket on him to save a day.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

The Dave posted:

I really kicked myself in the dick by not buying one Beast package from the sale. 2nd day where I'm blocked by getting him to 3 star and I refuse to use a 2 start ticket on him to save a day.

I did exactly the same thing. Got too excited for Rougueeuu. :smith:

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

It was the butt

Doctor_Acula
May 24, 2011

The Dave posted:

Third'd.

Really debating that 43.99 pack that would give me enough crystals for Magnet Man...

blue.eyed.ash
Jul 17, 2006

Winner of the 'How Badly Will A Phone Game Milk Us Idiot Cash Cows?' Contest!

Answer: About $70USD for a bad character that unlocks the grind for another.

extra letters: star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-l

NmareBfly posted:

Got my 6.6K for magnetman. It's a little weird -- you spend the money and get him 6*'ed right out of the box, then you get like 10 magneto bios each run of his mission and a bunch from the epic quest itself. He'll be 420 and T2 in like a week or two, then I'm going to be building a massive pile of magneto bios until the end of time I guess?

Yep. And you can feed the excess bios to Jean, I believe.

In my own progress news, I just got past the first big farming hurdle (M'krann Shards) and should have a 5* Beast tomorrow, which means I'm clear until the next two big hurdles: M'krann Crystals and Phoenix Feathers.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

blue.eyed.ash posted:

Yep. And you can feed the excess bios to Jean, I believe.

In my own progress news, I just got past the first big farming hurdle (M'krann Shards) and should have a 5* Beast tomorrow, which means I'm clear until the next two big hurdles: M'krann Crystals and Phoenix Feathers.

I'm at almost the same spot. Did the first Mk shard turn in today, used a 5* ticket on beast and now I'm on the 2nd shard turn-in. Guess it'll take a little over 2 weeks, hopefully in that time I'll also get enough feathers.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
I forgot how much I hate rolling attack ISO sets.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
my biggest hang up was not knowing the best iso sets or dudes, is there an easy way to see what people have now? Or a general rule? Or a guide that tells me exactly what to do and which is the best?

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Holyshoot posted:

my biggest hang up was not knowing the best iso sets or dudes, is there an easy way to see what people have now? Or a general rule? Or a guide that tells me exactly what to do and which is the best?

This was posted in a Magento guide. It's pretty good:

https://imgur.com/a/aENTD

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

This was posted in a Magento guide. It's pretty good:

https://imgur.com/a/aENTD

cool thanks, i whaled for a xmen pack. kuuuu kuuuu. And I'm back. Got like 6600 energy and 3200 tickets to go through.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Yay!!!

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
did they change costumes where you dont have to own the one it wants to upgrade and its just a bonus if you do?

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS

Holyshoot posted:

did they change costumes where you dont have to own the one it wants to upgrade and its just a bonus if you do?

Yes.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
What is even worth doing now

Nieuw Amsterdam
Dec 1, 2006

Dignité. Toujours, dignité.
Someone on Reddit got very very excited about Cyclops. Potential husbando- is this bullshit?

I assume Beast is trash.

Finally F2P completed Doctor Weird today, can now focus all attention on filthy muties. Feels good, man.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Storm and Beast are the weakest two by far. Rogue and Cyclops are both good.

Mag, Wolvie and Jean are all pretty insane.

Doctor_Acula
May 24, 2011

Cinara posted:

Storm is bad?

I might as well flush my phone down the toilet. gently caress this game.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Cinara posted:

Pay 2 Winniest

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Storm so good in this. No way is she weak.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
She will likely see some use in Shadowlands because she has some good crowd control potential and can stunlock some enemies, but that's about it.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I keep making steady progress in Shadowland. I got 12 stages done this week, 2 on last week. I focused on saving T2s early on and managed to get through the first four stages without using any and only using 1 in the first 7, I think. Let me cruise through the Stage 10 bios and finish off 11 and 12 with little trouble.

I also managed to solo a later stage with Crystal, which was different and opens up all kinds of possibilities for how to use her. All in all Shadowlands is a nice place for me to be forced to figure out how to play characters well instead of mashing buttons. I did a Speed Relay with Moon Knight and Black Panther after a bunch of tries where I learned their skills. Hopefully if I can gear up BP a little and give MK some other allies I can break them up for two stages.

I'm also learning the buffs and allies stuff a lot. I played on Blast Relay like 20 times because I initially started it with Daredevil, Black Widow, and Elektra for DD's leadership and all their buffs, and Widow personally soloed through it like paper. So I cancelled right before I won and kept trying people with less than 6*s to give buffs to BW to save my two 6* DD and Elektra for later. I went through like a dozen different tries and ultimately went back to DD and Elektra, but it was a lot of learning and trial and error with buffs and allies and leadership and seeing how much they change things.

Shadowlands has become my favorite part of the game as its a real challenge and game experience. At least for now.

I also only have 1 person I can use bios on below 4* so my personal (get everyone to 4* goal) can step aside and next week I should be able to use those 125 Shadowland bios on whatever 4 or 5* character I want. Which should be fun.

Also...

I grabbed the 20-a-day thing again, got Agent Venom to 4* and then used the 5 and 6 rank up tickets on him. I'm gonna use the rest of the bios to get Carnage to 4/20 and then try to get Agent Venom and/or Enchantress there. I'll have to level up Venom and see whether he needs it or not, because Enchantress doesn't really seem to. And I figure I'll use that mega 6 on one of Hyperion, Ironheart, or Kid Kaiju. She Hulk, Sister Grimm, and Singularity also seem like options since I can't seem to use Shadowland bios on them but I can use the daily dimension box bios on them so I guess I'll just got at it slowly with them for now.

Gaukler
Oct 9, 2012

Just started playing this! Applied to Doctor Goons as Dangermoose.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

STAC Goat posted:

I grabbed the 20-a-day thing again, got Agent Venom to 4* and then used the 5 and 6 rank up tickets on him. I'm gonna use the rest of the bios to get Carnage to 4/20 and then try to get Agent Venom and/or Enchantress there. I'll have to level up Venom and see whether he needs it or not, because Enchantress doesn't really seem to.

Neither Agent Venom or Enchantress need to be maxed, unless you're really gunning for high ABX or possibly WBU clears. Enchantress probably needs it SLIGHTLY more in order to boost her DPS for some Shadowlands floors where, even though there is no danger of her dying, the clock ticking out can be a factor.

My Agent Venom is T1 and 17/16/15/15 and is my stage 25 Shadowland clear completely solo, no team. He's that good.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Seconding the godly power of Agent Vernon and Enchantress.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Enchantress is one of the few characters I regret T2ing, purely because she's so good without it and I only use her in Shadowlands where she doesn't need it.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Cinara posted:

Enchantress is one of the few characters I regret T2ing, purely because she's so good without it and I only use her in Shadowlands where she doesn't need it.

At T2 she 100% locks down anyone so I would never regret

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Not the Cinema Discusso thread

But Black Panther teaser trailer dropped a few wee moments ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxWvtMOGAhw

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I soloed a Combat Relay last night with Enchantress so I'm pretty content with her. Although it was that thing where she had taken zero damage but went down to the wire as far as damage done. So there's work to be done. I still have to level up Agent Venom so no real idea about him yet. Carnage I'm having really mixed feelings towards but he helped in a Speed Relay yesterday. I have to probably sit down with his skills and figure him out more, but the consensus seems to be he doesn't great until T2.

I'm probably going to get Carnage to 4/20 and then get A. Venom and Enchantress to 4/17 each. I have 21 days left and Carnage is at 20/20/19/17 so unless I have terrible luck I think I should be able to do all that and still have bios left to get whoever I use the Mega 6 on (Hyperion probably, maybe Ironheart) to 4/17 too. I haven't crunched the math but I think I can divide it up and still have room to throw the rest on whoever is left or push someone toward 4/20.

I have no actual T2 tickets right now so I'll just wait to actually get Carnage up rather than waste resources on the Advancement.

Namaer
Jun 6, 2004

Applied to waifu squad as hartmaco

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

I'm uhhh

uhhhh not really sure what just happened bbut

six bios

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICR