Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
Theresa May got Boner Lawed

"Jeremy Corbyn" - Ed Balls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

Several years ago I delivered a conference paper on Britain in the interwar period and believe me it was hard to keep my inner 14-year-old under control given how many times I had to say "Bonar" in front of other academics.

heh, "boner," heh

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDqsgbtpDLk

Captain_Maclaine posted:

heh, "boner," heh

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Ed Bonar Law Balls.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

WMain00 posted:

I can't help but laugh and laugh. The Tories hosed themselves for no reason.

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Edit: It's even more hilarious that they think the DUP can prop them up. They're insane. The Tories might be assholes but they're not complete loonies when it comes to things such as LGBT and Darwin and abortion. The moderate parts of the Tories will be frothing at the mouth in anger, while the right wing part will be sharpening their knifes at the thought of the Irish having any say over anything.

Beautiful Theresa. We all thought Cameron was a tool, but you clearly needed to show him otherwise.

Tbf, what the hell else are they gonna do? Their choices are (a) make nice with the DUP, or (b) have another election which they will lose this time

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

They basically can do gently caress all.

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Boner's Law - The only way to serve for less time as a PM than Bonar Law is if you thoroughly gently caress yourself for no reason.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/MkBlyth/status/873213137989795840

:captainpop:

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Boner's Law - The only way to serve for less time as a PM than Bonar Law is if you thoroughly gently caress yourself for no reason.

Theresa May: On track for being PM for less time (and less effectively) than a man who was literally dying when he got the job.

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

uk pol is so much better than our pol. all we got is boehner who wont even pronounce it the funny way and you got nuttall, balls, bonar law, an election in Tooting

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/sam_kriss/status/873125726328836096

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Yinlock posted:

seriously there's a reason british politicians resign at the drop of a hat, everyone is notoriously backstabby

I've wondered about that.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Breakfast All Day posted:

uk pol is so much better than our pol. all we got is boehner who wont even pronounce it the funny way and you got nuttall, balls, bonar law, an election in Tooting

Not only that but we hard hung, hard Brexit, strong and stable and in it together.

Makes you hot under the collar really.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Jeremy Corbyn looks a lot like Albert Steptoe. This pleases me.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

how is may still the leader of the party

Stabbatical
Sep 15, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHcB1qho8-g

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Shear Modulus posted:

Speculating idly, I'd suspect that no one else who's competent enough actually wants to inherit this trainwreck, and the most likely incompetent possibility is fuckin' Boris of all people.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Shear Modulus posted:

They haven't figured out who to replace her with yet

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Speculating idly, I'd suspect that no one else who's competent enough actually wants to inherit this trainwreck, and the most likely incompetent possibility is fuckin' Boris of all people.

There is a summer recess coming up when they can figure it out

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

possible replacement for May:

the fishman
the man who literally has a nanny
this guy: https://twitter.com/zikan/status/873032335175831553

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Cao Ni Ma posted:

there's still time to break the record, just have someone replace May as PM and then call an election in a few month's time once the DUP/Tory madness proves unworkable and then Jezza wins all the seats forever

why yes I am using the something awful forums to publish my political wank fantasies, why do you ask

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

lmao he's enjoying this

He just owned the gently caress out of every liberal and conservative in Britain and many more in the world. Wouldn't you?

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
Think how different history would've been if David Cameron hadn't hosed that dead pig.

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

:siren:
VOTE BLUE NO MATTER WHO!!!
The Dems also gained seats in 2016 but the election was seen as a disaster

Does the European left just suffer from permalow expectations

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

Think how different history would've been if David Cameron hadn't hosed that pig.

But would David Cameron be David Cameron if he hadn't hosed that pig, really?

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Condiv posted:

didn't someone link a graph in here showing the number of negative articles for labour being exponentially greater than any other party? is that not "out for pinkos"?
this one?

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

LinYutang posted:

:shepface:

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

LinYutang posted:

lol

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

Seems like whenever a group of leftists get second place there's a ton of cheering even though the right is still in power

Hillary Clinton won the popular vote at least, Labour lost the popular vote and is still out of power

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

LinYutang posted:

Seems like whenever a group of leftists get second place there's a ton of cheering even though the right is still in power

Hillary Clinton won the popular vote at least, Labour lost the popular vote and is still out of power
Presidential systems like the U.S. have winner-take-all politics that don't really translate to parliamentary ones.

Interesting thing is that despite the seeming instability of the latter, they tend to outlast the presidential systems which implode in civil wars every so often given the do-or-die stakes and the nature of the presidency...

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

LinYutang posted:

corbyn didnt even win the electoral college

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
how many senators does labour have right now?????? thats right 0 senators libcucks

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LinYutang posted:

I don't think you actually understand how the British system works. For one thing, the Democrats are now essentially a fringe party with two factions vying for power.

On the other hand, Labour actually took enough power from the Conservatives to break their majority and have a slim chance of actually getting Corbyn in Number 10, if they play their cards right. Corbyn has also beat all expectations and united the party behind his vision.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/PolComForum/sta...r%3D347%23pti12

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

Taintrunner posted:

I don't think you actually understand how the British system works. For one thing, the Democrats are now essentially a fringe party with two factions vying for power.

On the other hand, Labour actually took enough power from the Conservatives to break their majority and have a slim chance of actually getting Corbyn in Number 10, if they play their cards right. Corbyn has also beat all expectations and united the party behind his vision.

I don't think anyone seriously thinks that Labour can form a government. Conservatives lost their majority but still have enough power to push through their agenda. Theresa May is still in power, which was supposed to be the major silver lining from the affair.

I also suspect that there's a bit too much being put on Corbyn instead of things like multiple terrorist attacks

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/bellis_01/statu...agenumber%3D348

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

LinYutang posted:

tories now have so slim a margin that even single flip votes hamstring any agenda, have to make a mutually unpopular alliance to form a coalition, and one which bizarrely may lead to a brexit with less border control and higher EU bills

the largest popular vote swing in 70 years

hillary fumbled a huge polling lead to leave both houses with strong R majorities along with the WH and a supreme court vacancy

being mad about 2nd place corbyn is literally saying "ugh in 2 years you only dug us 90% out of the hole blairites dug that is also the deepest hole we've been in in modern times"

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

LinYutang posted:

I don't think anyone seriously thinks that Labour can form a government. Conservatives lost their majority but still have enough power to push through their agenda. Theresa May is still in power, which was supposed to be the major silver lining from the affair.

I also suspect that there's a bit too much being put on Corbyn instead of things like multiple terrorist attacks

she's having to rely on an completely insane northern irish party that is going to seriously gently caress off her socially liberal mp's and can not afford any of them not voting for what she wants. she can't do poo poo for her agenda

also tory mp's are pretty openly calling her done

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

good lord, American decorum fog is bad enough, I'd rather not be exposed to acrid skin-dissolving British decorum gas :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

:drat: