Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
KO has also said that about the Big Dog so hey maybe Ziggler actually is good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Forums favorite Max Landis has also said Dolph Ziggler is his favorite and one of the best around. What do y'all think of that, I wonder

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
Max "I hate Rey because she's a Mary Sue but I love Triple H even though his wife literally writes their storylines" Landis?

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Dolph always sucked people just liked his bad bad selling

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Max Landis sucks more than Dolph Ziggler.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Dolph always sucked people just liked his bad bad selling

They also liked his Survivor Series moment, until 3 weeks later when it was completely meaningless, and months later when Dave said it wasn't even supposed to be his moment, Reigns just happened to be out due to injury/surgery

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Ziggler was good that one time when he kicked Corbin in the balls. Also when The Miz repeatedly kicked Ziggler in the balls in that TLC match last year.

Basically, if Ziggler is kicking someone in the balls or, more preferably, someone is kicking Ziggler in the balls, Ziggler is good.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Ziggler was a really promising prospect who could oversell anything and at a time of dire WWE developmental output he got overhyped. He has some glaring flaws, but with the right guy he can be in good to great matches, especially if he's losing.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I think he's one of those guys who developed bad habits.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

ruined himself on twitter like everyone else

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Another guy who just needs a break for a bit. If only WWE had off seasons, guys could go away for a bit and people would forget some of the bad booking and be more excited upon his return. Dolph is just ever present and it's impossible to forget how many times they jerked him around and made him look like a joke.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Dolph needed a tour of the indies more than Cody did, but might not have the intuition to do the list thing as a marketing tool.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

flashy_mcflash posted:

Dolph needed a tour of the indies more than Cody did, but might not have the intuition to do the list thing as a marketing tool.

With Dolph's concussions the indies are the last thing he needs.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

who's more likely to do a concussioncide, angle or dolph? both have got the genes for it

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Super No Vacancy posted:

who's more likely to do a concussioncide, angle or dolph? both have got the genes for it

I gotta think Angle's ahead on points just because his other injury problems probably mean he's abused pain meds at a greater clip.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

MassRafTer posted:

Ziggler was a really promising prospect who could oversell anything and at a time of dire WWE developmental output he got overhyped. He has some glaring flaws, but with the right guy he can be in good to great matches, especially if he's losing.

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I think he's one of those guys who developed bad habits.

I agree with both of these. Ziggler had a period where he really looked great and was also sadly often overlooked. But over the last couple of years at least his problems have become more pronounced and he hasn't really evolved or changed with the times.

Uhhlive
Jun 18, 2004

I'm not the public.
I'm the President
If you didn't mark out when Ziggler cashed in his briefcase, we can't be friends.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Ziggler is prime example of the type of guy who's great early on, then people get better and he still works the same style then doesn't try to keep up and just calls people marks because he's getting insecure.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

extradite THIS! posted:

Ziggler was good that one time when he kicked Corbin in the balls. Also when The Miz repeatedly kicked Ziggler in the balls in that TLC match last year.

Basically, if Ziggler is kicking someone in the balls or, more preferably, someone is kicking Ziggler in the balls, Ziggler is good.

Eh, he's only kickballs over.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Ask Me For Warez posted:

If you didn't mark out when Ziggler cashed in his briefcase, we can't be friends.

That rocked, we can be friends and I won't even ask you for warez (I'm already Ops)

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Dolph's cash-in on Del Rio, his win in the Cena v Authority feat Sting Survivor Series match and his career-on-the-line build/match with Miz are three of my favorite events in wrestling, full stop. I really think his biggest problem at least around here is that the Rusev feud but X-Pac heat on him for how offensively bad it was that has just never dissipated, but beyond that his promo style can be grating in the not-good-turn-the-tv-off kind of way, and it doesn't help that his character has been stuck in a god-awful rut and his credibility is somewhere down near Bray's. thanks to the years and years of stop-start booking.

The only things that could salvage him at this point are a lengthy break or someone for him to play off of in promos so his obnoxiousness returns to entertaining levels rather than stab-myself-in-the-ear levels. He was always at his best when he had a manager or other cohort to work with on the mic.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
One thing Ziggler needs to desperately work on is his offence. His finisher is rear end (it's basically a neckbreaker that looks like it affects him as much as it does his opponent), and there's the superkick issue, which was mentioned.

I agree his mic work is embarrassing. It's made especially bad by the fact that this guy thinks he's witty enough to go do standup.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Dolph Ziggler is in really good shape. I mean LIKE WOW ABS

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
But does he have better abs than Dave?

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Maybe Dolph shouldnt be such a flaky rear end fuckboi that stands up vloggers (Challenge you to make it through this whole thing)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfK6s4eC5GE

Supplemental video: when Ziggler fans strike back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DprrQxbCuk8

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

beggar posted:

Maybe Dolph shouldnt be such a flaky rear end fuckboi that stands up vloggers (Challenge you to make it through this whole thing)

Oh no Dolph stood up the crazy 60 year old woman (I turned it off after about 9 seconds so it may be that none of that is true)

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Oh no Dolph stood up the crazy 60 year old woman (I turned it off after about 9 seconds so it may be that none of that is true)

The cleavage generous camera angle seemed like a weird choice for the content of the video. It was like she was shouting her opinions from the bottom of a well.

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

I got on a wrestler shoot kick a few weeks ago and Jim Cornette said Dolph Zigglers one of the best workers in the WWE.

I was gonna say as a joke that he's definitely one of the 30 best workers in the WWE but even top 40 is debateable if you include everyone from Angle to Asuka https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_WWE_personnel

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Ziggler is a legitimately good to great wrestler who is absolutely poisoned by his fossil-grade stale gimmick.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Ziggler sucks and anyone with day 1 grappling skills would smother him.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

coconono posted:

Ziggler sucks and anyone with day 1 grappling skills would smother him.

He was an incredible amateur wrestler in NCAA so I kind of doubt that it'd be that easy

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

beggar posted:

I made it two minutes. FFFFUUUUUUUCK.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Where can I get a pair of giant square earrings and how much weight can they hold?

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

He was an incredible amateur wrestler in NCAA so I kind of doubt that it'd be that easy

Now I wanna see Brock vs. Dolph in a shoot wrestling match at Wrestlemania

Also with Angle as a legit referee

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Jun 12, 2017

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Out of respect for tradition, the dolph vs brock amateur match should occur in an airplane aisle, at speed.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

beggar posted:

The top one made me wonder why on Earth anyone would wear that much makeup and the bottom one answered that question for me.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Incredible is going a bit too far. He was a really good amateur but he wasn't world class.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

He won a bad conference three times and the most memorable thing he ever did in an NCAA Tournament was lose in the first round to Tyron Woodley.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

I'm the exhaled pot leaf