Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

Goodpancakes posted:

Include the legend
Red and Blue are Labour and the Tories respectively, LibDems are orange, SNP is yellow, UKIP is purple, and green is kinda self-explanatory.

Elizabethan Error has a new favorite as of 17:13 on Jun 9, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Lots of funny tweets, many of which have funny pictures: https://mic.com/articles/176822/101-canonical-tweets-these-are-the-most-influential-tweets-in-twitter-history#.0j66SkPGC

A good mix of nostalgia, old gems I must've missed at the time, and of course some :what: explaining the joke

CaptainBtaksDad
Jun 3, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Goodpancakes posted:

Include the legend

I'd get banned if I posted my genitals.

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

not really a photo:

https://twitter.com/GOPTeens/status/871233430125764608

3 guesses what most of the replies are

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Had to scroll a bit to get a Spongebob meme and it was this:
https://twitter.com/SavgFarquaad/status/872152078570971136

:chloe:

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

GOP Teens is a satirical account, right?

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Buff Skeleton posted:

I do not think an actual media arm of the Republican party would be selling t-shirts through Topatoco, no.

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-

Buff Skeleton posted:

It is. And it's delightful how many people don't realize that.

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

dumb. posted:

Satire is hard to discern when parodies are less awful than their subjects

Elizabethan Error has a new favorite as of 17:49 on Jun 9, 2017

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

dumb. posted:

Haha, for real. Fact is rapidly becoming more absurd than fiction these days, so it's harder to distinguish them!

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poe%27s_law alive and well

Achernar
Sep 2, 2011
In Florida we have this guy from the Libertarian Party : Augustus Sol Invictus. He believes in eugenics, isolationism, environmentalism, and ending the War on Drugs. He is also a Thelemite.
I would have voted for him if he wore a toga and worshiped Mithras. If you're going to be a gimmick, you have to live the gimmick.

DeadmansReach
Mar 7, 2006
Thinks Jewish converts should be genocided to make room for the "real" Jews.

Put this anti-Semite on ignore immediately!

Achernar posted:

In Florida we have this guy from the Libertarian Party : Augustus Sol Invictus. He believes in eugenics, isolationism, environmentalism, and ending the War on Drugs. He is also a Thelemite.
I would have voted for him if he wore a toga and worshiped Mithras. If you're going to be a gimmick, you have to live the gimmick.

He's also a huge white supremacist and complete shithead.

CaptainBtaksDad
Jun 3, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Like an actual white supremacist or a wahhhhh they voted republican! white supremacist.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

A quick skim of the wikipedia page indicates he's a supporter of eugenics, so actual white supremacist. Also he repeatedly states he is not, which you know, is something that they do.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

CaptainBtaksDad posted:

Like an actual white supremacist or a wahhhhh they voted republican! white supremacist.

Well if he believes in eugenics

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

CaptainBtaksDad posted:

He got kicked out of the Libertarian party for being a nazi.

Do you have any idea how much of a nazi you have to be before even Libertarians say you're too nazi?

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

CaptainBtaksDad posted:

He supports eugenics, accepts the support of white supremacists to his campaign, and has acted as attorney for the American Front (a white supremacist group), but he is kinda supportive of immigration so idk

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

CaptainBtaksDad posted:

Well he apparently has four hispanic children, but like others said before me he admits that several of his supports are white supremacists. link

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

So it's Jastiger

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Regardless of what rests in his heart his actions make him sound like kind of a d-bag

CaptainBtaksDad
Jun 3, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Eugenics is literally evolution with a different name. I believe in eugenics. I believe you can breed for certain traits in a population. In school as students we literally self selected antibiotic resistance in a bacterial population.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

CaptainBtaksDad posted:

Eugenics is literally evolution with a different name. I believe in eugenics. I believe you can breed for certain traits in a population. In school as students we literally self selected antibiotic resistance in a bacterial population.

Eugenics is the practice of attempting to control human evolution by deciding who gets to have kids. Historically, it has a bad track record.

DeadmansReach
Mar 7, 2006
Thinks Jewish converts should be genocided to make room for the "real" Jews.

Put this anti-Semite on ignore immediately!
He's a literal, no-nonsense white supremacist. He's tried to exploit tenuous ties to the Orlando metal scene to spread ideology that's basically straight out of Mein Kampf and people here are sick of his poo poo.

EDIT: A decent example is the racist screed he issued on Mindscar's most recent album(Note: these guys only recently became a nazi band and their former members are cool dudes who are adequately mortified with the direction they've taken).

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

CaptainBtaksDad posted:

lol a six day old account coming out in support of eugenics, whose crappy parachute are you?

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

CaptainBtaksDad posted:

You're right​when you're talking animals, but when you are talking about people it is literally genocide.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

canyoneer posted:

You're right​when you're talking animals, but when you are talking about people it is literally genocide.

No, he's not right. Eugenics, the word, *specifically means* "let's change the makeup of the human population by preventing certain people who we don't like from breeding and encouraging other people who we do like to do more breeding."

It does *not* mean "allele frequencies in a population change with time due to selection pressures." That's what "evolution" means. There are two different words for these two different, but similar things, for a reason. If you use "eugenics" to describe how bacteria acquire antibiotic resistance, you're using the word incorrectly and your lab instructor will look at you funny.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Huh. Checks out:

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

well when you have stupid people living longer than ever to the point that trump gets elected, eugenics is looking better all the time

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Indecisive posted:

well when you have stupid people living longer than ever to the point that trump gets elected, eugenics is looking better all the time

Don't worry, they're gonna kill them all with their hosed up health care

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

"Hey guys this dude supports eugenics and is named Augustus Sol Invictus maybe he's only ironically a nazi"

CaptainBtaksDad
Jun 3, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
I wonder if that was his given name.

Also eugenics (the definition people use here) is bad unless we are genociding downs kids or something. Hitler is bad. Just would like to confirm that for the confused people here. Hitler did bad things and was a bad person.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Indecisive posted:

Trump winning is the only sure sign some of us are still above room temperature IQ. Can you imagine how stupid you'd have to be to vote Hillary? Yikes.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I missed you sunshine.

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

Are people seriously defending eugenics? I can't tell any more. Poe's law and old age kicking in.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

CaptainBtaksDad posted:

I wonder if that was his given name.

Also eugenics (the definition people use here) is bad unless we are genociding downs kids or something. Hitler is bad. Just would like to confirm that for the confused people here. Hitler did bad things and was a bad person.

What about Mussolini? He wasn't as bad, I heard.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Paladinus posted:

What about Mussolini? He wasn't as bad, I heard.

At least he made the trains run on time.*

(*not true)

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

spog posted:

At least he made the trains run on time.*

(*not true)

At least Reagan won the cold war.*

(*same)

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Here is my hot take:

Eugenics as a theory isn't bad, and could lead to overall improvement of the human race. The problem is determining what characteristics we would be breeding for, and who decides that and enforces it. Historically, when it has been implemented or discussed it was always done in a manner that screened on things that wouldn't actually help, such as race or sexual orientation(tho logic would say you can't breed the gay out of people, since if that was true the gay population would have long since vanished because they do not tend to breed anyway).

Anyway, it was popular as gently caress until Hitler came out as way into it, then for some reason it fell out of popularity.

/hottake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

eugenics is Bad.

post pictures