Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Thanks for feedback it really does not look to my tastes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Hey, are there any good mods for CK2 that make the font readable? I play on 1920x1200 and the font is SO drat TINY AND UGLY. I get that my eyes are lovely, but I'd like to be able to play the game...

(It's even worse on my laptop, which is a 15" screen but is 1920x1080, so everything is microscopic. Going to a smaller resolution I guess would help, but would require me to play fullscreen rather than borderless, which would make alt-tabbing miserable. And I alt-tab constantly.)

Similar mods for EU4 would be nice too.

cool new Metroid game
Oct 7, 2009

hail satan

there's a bunch on the workshop. I use these for ck2
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=734350648
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=735130352

plus bonus bigger interface for 1080p
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=762121960
and stelaris colouring of some poo poo because it looks pretty good
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=739149045

and this tooltip font mod for eu4
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=169782855
1080p ui
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=329756290
and this mod that makes the peace terms window actually readable and is pretty nice
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=786009327

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Thanks!

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
Nice RPS article, aside from that irritating Anglo thing where they keep using last names

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2017/06/05/paradox-crusader-kings-2-future/

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Deceitful Penguin posted:

Nice RPS article, aside from that irritating Anglo thing where they keep using last names

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2017/06/05/paradox-crusader-kings-2-future/

To be fair you don't have proper last names.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Yeah I uh, don't think that's specifically Anglo.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

What are you, Icelandic? Everyone else has real surnames now.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
Johan will always just be Johan in my heart ( and lol in the article where he brings up Wiz last name)

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
I love the burn on Blackburn out of nowhere​. Though if they were programmed to be good it must have been more mid nineties than early.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

It annoys me that they put Wiz's last name in parenthesis but don't insert the word 'soccer' when Johan is talking about Football Manager.

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010
I strongly doubt pdx or johan could do a good modern football management game, SEGA got the market locked down and for a good reason.

I would like to see them try tho.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Zombiepop posted:

I strongly doubt pdx or johan could do a good modern football management game, SEGA got the market locked down and for a good reason.

I would like to see them try tho.

They just need to bring in what they're good at. Let me delegate management of the team to my immortal demon horse while I'm locked in the dungeon eating my extended family.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
For all the things Football Manager does better than its competitors there is a lot of parts of the game that could easily be excised. The developer of FM has also been spinning its wheels for a long time and competent competition would do them good.

GO FUCK YOURSELF
Aug 19, 2004

"I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who beat you, and pray for them to beat the shit out of the Buckeyes" - The Book of Witten
I agree wholeheartedly. At this point, it seems like they're spending more time in FM on the 3D engine than on core gameplay. It's infuriating as a consumer of the series, but now I know I will only ever buy the game on 70% discount!

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:
Eurovision would still be a far more appropriate setting for a Paradox grand management game.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Eurovision would still be a far more appropriate setting for a Paradox grand management game.

I never knew I wanted this until right now.

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010

A Buttery Pastry posted:

:aaaaa:

and yeh FM really needs some
competition.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Pre-Order now for Australia DLC!

No one loving buys it.

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

In V2/HPM is it not possible for a country to call in an alliance that was formed after the war was started? Playing Prussia, I saw Hungary try to get freedom from Austria so I immediately allied them thinking they would call me into the war, but they never did. But then Russia attacked Hungary in a completely unrelated war, and they called me in for that. I also tried building influence to get to Friendly so I could intervene that way but I couldn't get to it fast enough to save them. :(

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
Woo, Death of Dishonor is coming out in 5 days! I didn't see a release date until today.

idhrendur
Aug 20, 2016

VostokProgram posted:

In V2/HPM is it not possible for a country to call in an alliance that was formed after the war was started? Playing Prussia, I saw Hungary try to get freedom from Austria so I immediately allied them thinking they would call me into the war, but they never did. But then Russia attacked Hungary in a completely unrelated war, and they called me in for that. I also tried building influence to get to Friendly so I could intervene that way but I couldn't get to it fast enough to save them. :(

I'm pretty sure it's possible, but the AI seems strangely unwilling to do so.

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

idhrendur posted:

I'm pretty sure it's possible, but the AI seems strangely unwilling to do so.

Sad. Poland tried to do the same thing against Russia and I couldn't get influence in time there either. I think HPM must have added events to let countries secede because both of these didn't use the crisis system

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

COOL CORN posted:

Woo, Death of Dishonor is coming out in 5 days! I didn't see a release date until today.

What's the lowdown on this? Will I finally have to stop bean-counting airplanes?

Kilravock
Jan 27, 2006

We are the hollow men

gradenko_2000 posted:

What's the lowdown on this? Will I finally have to stop bean-counting airplanes?

Well the UI will be different with more information on the map and better battle results for the air war, but judging from the screenshots I think we are still creating Airwings the same old way.

Besides that, you can upgrade older variants to new ones, convert tanks in your inventory to SPG or TD, Balkan/eastern European countries get focus trees, license production, Axis nations get different puppet levels, Africa/Aisa are getting some barriers, and some AI and QOL changes.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

gradenko_2000 posted:

Who cares? I made a sweet focus tree for the Czechs, that's all you need.

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat
"Go Left"

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

TURN LEFT CZECHOSLOVAKIA! NOOOO!

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Darkrenown posted:

Who cares? I made a sweet focus tree for the Czechs, that's all you need.
Can you tell the Salty One he was missed in the last Paradox extra HOIV stream? That English fascist dude wasn't near as nice.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe

GO gently caress YOURSELF posted:

I agree wholeheartedly. At this point, it seems like they're spending more time in FM on the 3D engine than on core gameplay. It's infuriating as a consumer of the series, but now I know I will only ever buy the game on 70% discount!

There's not been a good FM game since Bundesliga Manager Hattrick. Bonus points for not having all the licenses and thus using misspelled player names.

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

That English fascist dude wasn't near as nice.

Was he crying about Corbyn or what

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

Can you tell the Salty One he was missed in the last Paradox extra HOIV stream? That English fascist dude wasn't near as nice.

I cannot, I am on long term sick leave at the moment. But I expect Daniel will be back soon enough, unless he has started on his holidays (Sweden basically shuts down for and around July).

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Tahirovic posted:

There's not been a good FM game since Bundesliga Manager Hattrick. Bonus points for not having all the licenses and thus using misspelled player names.

The best game was Kicker Football Manager from 2000 or so. You could put all your money in the bank repeatedly at the start and the "investors" would give you a million bucks every time because the devs didn't want to have a failstate I guess.

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.
A fun reminder that the MapGoons Multiplayer Kaiserreich game starts this Sunday. Signups:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3822711

GO FUCK YOURSELF
Aug 19, 2004

"I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who beat you, and pray for them to beat the shit out of the Buckeyes" - The Book of Witten

Tahirovic posted:

I actually really miss having FIFA Manager because they had an "own a club" feature set. It was really silly and fun!

cool new Metroid game
Oct 7, 2009

hail satan

my favourite footy manager games are the old ultimate soccer games, they were fun. the SI sports manager games are too impenetrable for me, way too many attributes and poo poo :effort:

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Enjoy posted:

Was he crying about Corbyn or what
naw the ole „bloo bloo why do people always wanna attack Germany“ and talking guff 'bout Communism

Darkrenown posted:

I cannot, I am on long term sick leave at the moment. But I expect Daniel will be back soon enough, unless he has started on his holidays (Sweden basically shuts down for and around July).

Tsk tsk. I think he was gonna have the next one but the damage was already done.

Groogy
Jun 12, 2014

Tanks are kinda wasted on invading the USSR
You do realize that's just a persona for the Stream right?

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Groogy posted:

You do realize that's just a persona for the Stream right?

Doesn't stop it being bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
I didn't see the stream, but getting into character as a Nazi doesn't really sound like the best strategy...