Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

So I Rolled Zyrus and had enough moogles saved to get his TM is Draco spike any good right now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Garth_Marenghi posted:

So I Rolled Zyrus and had enough moogles saved to get his TM is Draco spike any good right now?

The wiki, at http://exvius.gamepedia.com/Category:Weapons says it is the second best rod in the game.

So, yeah.

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

The wiki, at http://exvius.gamepedia.com/Category:Weapons says it is the second best rod in the game.

So, yeah.

Now I just need a better Rod user that Exdeath.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Against dragons is the best rod in the game and second best all around rod.

I wish Alim will keep giving us "killer" staffs in our version because Gumi doesn't look like they'll bother and instead are "balancing" by making modifiers big which will be absolutely insane in global if we can add another 50-75% damage on top of it.

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

Got the potion lady off daily, and a water sword chick and the apron lady from 4 tickets . . . I guess I'm done with this banner?

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer

Dana Crysalis posted:

An incredibly slow budget build for solo carrying Ultros trial:

The first round, Thunder Flask -> Alterna -> Point Warp until he's dead.
Second Round is slightly more complicated.
- First, use an eyedrop to cure the blind you ended up with. (DO THIS, using a break first will result in you getting Snorted!)
- Warp Break spam on Chupon.
- When Chupon takes a deep breath, Point-Warp.
- You will end up taking damage from various elemental attacks, but Ultros's spammed autos will trigger enough damage warp to heal you back. Usually.
- If you are either extremely low on HP OR you just got hit by Hailstorm (Graviga non-element), you will need to emergency Point-Warp to heal up. Try to stay above 3000 HP to prevent RNG death.
- After Chupon is dead, same rules apply, just stay healthy and keep plugging away.

I have my Noctis set up for this currently. Don't forget to bring someone for Libra!

e: new info about Ultros fight that might make it a lot safer.
- his Hailstorm attack in Round 2 is predictable.
- after he's under 50% HP, he'll use it every four turns, so defend that turn (or jump)

You weren't kidding about slow, but it's working. I'm about 20 minutes in and the first form is almost 50% down, and that's with my full team contributing with their negligible DPS. But I can see light at the end of the tunnel!

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Palleon posted:

You weren't kidding about slow, but it's working. I'm about 20 minutes in and the first form is almost 50% down, and that's with my full team contributing with their negligible DPS. But I can see light at the end of the tunnel!

First form's the quick part! :( But I've heard reports of success as long as you stick to The Plan™.

e: I also hear that sometimes Hailstorm + magic damage just clobbers you, too, so I am crossing my fingers for you.

Dana Crysalis fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Jun 9, 2017

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie
I missed the Null Paralysis reward for one of the missions in The Gathering. Do I have to spend all 80ish NRG and do that whole set of levels over again or do I just need to redo the last level?

EDIT: Apparently you have to do the entire thing over. Goddammit.

CyberLord XP fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Jun 9, 2017

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Ratmtattat posted:

Managed to get mushroom head drinky lady from the banner. She looks interesting with a really good SPR TM.

That's a man, baby.

Chaitai
Apr 15, 2006
Nope. I got nothin' witty to go here.

College Slice
After a lot of rerolling, I finally managed to pull my first 5*, which was Fohlen, the new chocobo knight. Is it worth keeping the account or keeping rerolling for a Noctis or Orlandeau?

e: Pulls ended up being 5* Fohlen, 4* Leon, 3* Kefka, 2x 3*Camille, 3* Vaan, 3* Galuf

Chaitai fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Jun 9, 2017

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie

CyberLord XP posted:

I missed the Null Paralysis reward for one of the missions in The Gathering. Do I have to spend all 80ish NRG and do that whole set of levels over again or do I just need to redo the last level?

EDIT: Apparently you have to do the entire thing over. Goddammit.

Oh man even better. If you give up during a battle it kicks you out of the entire goddamn thing. loving bullshit. When will they stop this kill with an Esper bullshit?

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Lmao daily pull was a rainbow... 2nd Delita.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

suuma posted:

Wait is this a thing

e: uh wow it is okay, that seems dumb

His attacks are great and all, if you can keep him alive he'll get you through quite a bit in fights against tough bosses. Emphasis on keeping him alive. His cover makes him a total dick that dies in a hurry.

EDIT: It's supposed to be a 5% chance to protect female characters, but it seems to be closer to 30% from my experience so far.

Armitage fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Jun 9, 2017

fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

Any reason to keep Thancred around after I hit 100 TM? Does he ever get enhancements or upgrade to 6*? Because I've deleted characters before that I ended up regretting later because they got buffs.

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.
By the time he does, you will probably have something better than Thancred, just keep his tms

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Victis posted:

Lmao daily pull was a rainbow... 2nd Delita.

drat that sucks

Nephrite
Aug 18, 2006
Lipstick Apathy

Chaitai posted:

After a lot of rerolling, I finally managed to pull my first 5*, which was Fohlen, the new chocobo knight. Is it worth keeping the account or keeping rerolling for a Noctis or Orlandeau?

e: Pulls ended up being 5* Fohlen, 4* Leon, 3* Kefka, 2x 3*Camille, 3* Vaan, 3* Galuf

As much as I hate to send you back to the rerolling mines, there's not a lot you can do with that group, although Fohlen is a top-tier damage-dealer and Vaan has Full Break. Fohlen can probably carry you by himself if you want, and he is a cool chocobro.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
Is there an estimate of when the Tactics banner/revisit/whatever is going to be up? I remember reading it may not even happen or that we may not get the Agrias 6* update. But I'll probably pull like crazy off that banner, especially if Agrias is updated. I'd like to try to plan accordingly.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Ugato posted:

Is there an estimate of when the Tactics banner/revisit/whatever is going to be up? I remember reading it may not even happen or that we may not get the Agrias 6* update. But I'll probably pull like crazy off that banner, especially if Agrias is updated. I'd like to try to plan accordingly.

So far the only things skipped have been collabs. We will absolutely get the last FFT banner, but it still might be a while. Schedule guessing has become a lot harder now.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Rage pulled a lot of tickets this afternoon chasing that loving maid...

Didn't get her, but I got some clown riding a giant chicken instead...

:toot:

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Cartoon Man posted:

Rage pulled a lot of tickets this afternoon chasing that loving maid...

Didn't get her, but I got some clown riding a giant chicken instead...

:toot:

I want a clown on a chicken just cause people said his main damage ability was identical to pile-driver, and I'd love something that chains well.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I just don't get this titan trial at all, it feels so inconsistent. Without changing my party at all, sometimes he won't do enough damage to bring anyone below health until I kill the heart. Other times he kills half the team on the first turn and I genuinely can't figure out why because the messages are just filled with so much skill spam I can't keep track of what the gently caress he's using. No amount of buffs or debuffs really seem to stop this either because I always attack break him on the first turn and most of my party, the ones who die most, have over 5k HP and the most status resistance.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Provided you have a protectga tier defense buff and a sizeable breakdown, he shouldn't kill you with tumult spam. It'll be like 500 to 600 a pop. I was using Ling, but Orlandeau with crush weapon has a similar effect. You gotta bring him down to exposing his heart before 4 turns or he sneezes someone off the map. So long as you keep buffs up and debuffs on him and pump out heals you should be okay.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
I pulled an agrias and a WOL today. poo poo. Time to play the waiting game.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Servaetes posted:

Provided you have a protectga tier defense buff and a sizeable breakdown, he shouldn't kill you with tumult spam. It'll be like 500 to 600 a pop. I was using Ling, but Orlandeau with crush weapon has a similar effect. You gotta bring him down to exposing his heart before 4 turns or he sneezes someone off the map. So long as you keep buffs up and debuffs on him and pump out heals you should be okay.

I have the heart exposed by turn two. Protega and shellga on everyone. Weapon break on turn one. Most of the time I can get the heart dead just fine even. But other times he'll just spam something that kills my tank, healer and at least one DPS on his first turn despite all the buffs and weapon break.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Ugato posted:

Does anyone know if 6* Agrias get the same Divine Ruination skill that Orlandeu gets? If so... :getin:

So I ground my way threw the new content, and got all the extra stuff... there's a lot of the T4 and T5 ability awakening materials to be had. Used the tickets to get 3 Camilles (yay eventual water dual wield swords!) and an Illias.

Illias looks pretty good if you don't have a Ling. Status effects, 30% breaks, full heals, MP battery, 80% DEF/SPR or ATK/MAG buffing, and stats/status protection.

Not a powerhouse, but will greatly aid survivability.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Agrias gets a weaker, 5 hit version of orlandus DR. With enhancements it becomes the same as Orlandus, same frame timing and everything. Its why she rated just one point shy of him back in the day (Top tier inflation has caused her to drop a tiny bit)

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
So I guess I need to get the 2 Agrias I have sitting around up to snuff...

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i have seven agrias and i've been trying to figure out how many save the queen i could realistically ever want

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
I'm sitting on 3 agriases. 1 at Max level, 2 untouched.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
i fused a couple agrias to finish a stq faster

by the time she gets enhancements you'll most likely have pulled a few more so don't worry about saving them

this goes for most 3* and 4*s

Fiss
Jul 20, 2009

Nuebot posted:

I have the heart exposed by turn two. Protega and shellga on everyone. Weapon break on turn one. Most of the time I can get the heart dead just fine even. But other times he'll just spam something that kills my tank, healer and at least one DPS on his first turn despite all the buffs and weapon break.

Are you breaking his magic also? He has a magic based single target attack that can do around 2-3k if he isn't broken. You also have to target the body to reapply breaks when the core is exposed. The core is immune to all breaks. After the core is killed he hits with a big magic based AoE and then all his attacks do more damage also so make sure the body is broken when you kill the core.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Fiss posted:

Are you breaking his magic also? He has a magic based single target attack that can do around 2-3k if he isn't broken. You also have to target the body to reapply breaks when the core is exposed. The core is immune to all breaks. After the core is killed he hits with a big magic based AoE and then all his attacks do more damage also so make sure the body is broken when you kill the core.

I guess I'll start breaking magic on turn two then if I try again.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Cry Havoc posted:

i fused a couple agrias to finish a stq faster

by the time she gets enhancements you'll most likely have pulled a few more so don't worry about saving them

this goes for most 3* and 4*s

Not that most people will have the sheer amount of mats needed to enhance two anyway. Hell , depending on how soon it is a lot of people wont be able to afford one.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
Yeah, I haven't done any enhancements yet, outside of the super cheap ones on Laswell. The mats are just too rare, and I haven't had time to grind the enhancement mat levels (more important TM grinding to do). I am very interested in enhancing my Randi when we get his enhancements though. Any idea on the time table of that?

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Tengames posted:

Not that most people will have the sheer amount of mats needed to enhance two anyway. Hell , depending on how soon it is a lot of people wont be able to afford one.

Man. I'm still waiting on 30 calamity writs just to get my 2 Setzers up to 6*. Can't even imagine what this'll be like.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

is there a good resource for the mat requirements for all unreleased enhancements

remember seeing one before but can't find it now

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Cry Havoc posted:

is there a good resource for the mat requirements for all unreleased enhancements

remember seeing one before but can't find it now

FFBE subreddit has a character wiki and thier pages list all materials needed. Even includes what batch they were on if you want a rough estimation what order we'll be receiving them in.
https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/wiki/units

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

thanks

6 x t4 and 3 x t5 for enhanced ramza's song hmm

wonder if we'll even be getting it anytime soon

maybe they're delaying it like with orlandu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
I've got a 500 atk Gilgamesh. He's currently nothing amazing but can at least do some decent damage to middling stuff if anyone wants to add to their list. Just have something goony in your profile. I'm still pruning out the randoms from my friend list.

367 540 709

• Locked thread