Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

GulagDolls posted:

obvious fake flip

While Jamuraan was said to be only cop and not cop town. But I really don't want another goddamn game with useless flips

also I flip out like this all the time, it's like my consistent gimmick to freak out in day 1. If you don't see five hundred posts from me if I'm being lynched, then you're killing a sleeping man.

Anyway, I disgress. I think I'm a bit too biased to have anything to say about TMM/TNL's argument. I'm inclined to agree with TNL but ya know, I don't want to die too. Unfortunately people aren't posting so I can't scumread much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I have a weird feeling PMom/Inf is an SK.

I also hope the flavor is that he's Giuseppe Rossi.

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
I actually went through and crunched the numbers. Assume 4 or 5 scum with one serial killer the numbers don't really change - a random lynching is 6% advantage to town and 7% to the mafia. TMMadman is objectively correct, not lynching the first day leads to an advantage to the town.

The mafia always has an advantage, because the town has to eliminate all of the mafia but the mafia only have to eliminate most of the town. Random lynchings first day will usually work in their favor.

That said, the numbers have changed today to 9% advantage to the town and 8% advantage to the mafia lynching someone at random.

##vote Tired Moritz

For the greater good.

Added Space fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Jun 10, 2017

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I'd also vote Moritz after that post. Waffling, over explaining his absence at end of day (like it matters that you're executing a sleeping man), and then half heartedly leaning towards TNL and further explaining he simply doesn't want to stick his neck out.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Added Space posted:

I actually went through and crunched the numbers. Assume 4 or 5 scum with one serial killer the numbers don't really change - a random lynching is 6% advantage to town and 7% to the mafia. TMMadman is objectively correct, not lynching the first day leads to an advantage to the town.

That said, the numbers have changed today to 9% advantage to the town and 8% advantage to the mafia lynching someone at random.

##vote Tired Moritz

For the greater good.

Alright, hold on, I think I need to rein my horses in, perhaps I just don't realize how new some of y'all are.

Can you answer these questions for me Space:
Why're you voting Moritz?

And

Why did you post a bunch of math I couldn't parse in order to defend a point by TMM that many consider to be objectively wrong?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Added Space posted:

The mafia always has an advantage, because the town has to eliminate all of the mafia but the mafia only have to eliminate most of the town. Random lynchings first day will usually work in their favor.

##vote Tired Moritz

For the greater good.

Lynches aren't random and even a town flip still benefits the town, because a player who the town thought was suspicious is eliminated from the suspect pool, instead of lingering as a suspicion target for later days. You even demonstrate this by voting the same guy we could have flipped yesterday.

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!

Sandwolf posted:

Alright, hold on, I think I need to rein my horses in, perhaps I just don't realize how new some of y'all are.

Can you answer these questions for me Space:
Why're you voting Moritz?

And

Why did you post a bunch of math I couldn't parse in order to defend a point by TMM that many consider to be objectively wrong?

I explained why I voted Moritz. It's mathematically advantageous to eliminate someone, and he seems the most likely person to be offed.

I didn't even post math, only the conclusions. If you can't compare 6 to 7 that's not my problem. He was objectively right, and the math bears that out. Granted, we're talking a single percentage point, so unless you're playing 100 similar games it's a wash, but still technically correct.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

I have a weird feeling PMom/Inf is an SK.

I also hope the flavor is that he's Giuseppe Rossi.

Oh OK. It's weird you'd think that.

Actually it's not really that weird.

Because I 'told' my mason partner, Added Space, that I was a Serial Killer (When in fact I'm just a plain old Vanilla Town Mason)

Then he revealed to me he is scum, and to his credit he has not revealed who his scumbros are.
But yeah I asked him to ask his scumbros who I should 'murder' last night and it turned out to be Jamuraan (I didn't read D1 so I'm assuming he slipped that he was Cop)

Luck of the draw was Jam ended up being murdered last night, I asked him directly who the scum team was so I didn't end up 'killing them' and again to his credit did not reveal who they were.

I'm not going to copy+paste the PMs we sent, because he's new and I'd like to see him argue out of this..
But yeah Added Space is scum

##vote Added Space

Sorry mate I know you're new, but don't fret there is another big game starting up soon I think you'll enjoy (CapitalistPig's Final Fantasy Mafia)

Protip: Never trust anyone in a Mafia game.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
what? I was directly replying to Gulag on whether I play like this in day 1. And it's about legit timezones issues. And how am I saying that I don't want to stick my head out. There's a man that was advocating for my defence, you think I'm gonna nod and say YEAH TNL IS RIGHT, YOU SHOULD HAD KILLED ME.

The fact that Infinitum isn't making a big bombast case is quite odd though. I want him to post more.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Infinitum posted:

Because I 'told' my mason partner, Added Space, that I was a Serial Killer (When in fact I'm just a plain old Vanilla Town Mason)

Then he revealed to me he is scum, and to his credit he has not revealed who his scumbros are.
But yeah I asked him to ask his scumbros who I should 'murder' last night and it turned out to be Jamuraan (I didn't read D1 so I'm assuming he slipped that he was Cop)

Luck of the draw was Jam ended up being murdered last night, I asked him directly who the scum team was so I didn't end up 'killing them' and again to his credit did not reveal who they were.

I'm not going to copy+paste the PMs we sent, because he's new and I'd like to see him argue out of this..

##vote Added Space

Sorry mate I know you're new, but don't fret there is another big game starting up soon I think you'll enjoy (CapitalistPig's Final Fantasy Mafia)

I love this man.

##vote Added Space

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I genuinely feel really bad about this because I hate killing off new players straight away, but this was a straight up scumslip.. and.. yeah.. I can't ignore that and work against my wincon.

Combine that with a no lynch yesterday and 2 dead last night..

Sorry Added Space.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

That's almost unbelievable to me, I'll wait to hear what Added Space has to say but lol @ scum claiming to your mason bro.

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!

Infinitum posted:

##vote Added Space

Dude, I was lying. I sent you after somebody I thought was suspicious; turns out I just suck at this game.

But yeah Inf is totally an SK.

Infinitum posted:

Vote me if you want someone who's not gonna die tonight

Posted right after:

Jamuraan posted:

Vote me for MOTM if you believe in justice, freedom, and legal weed.

And PMs:

quote:

Jamuraan is dead

Who's the scum team so I don't knock them off.
I'm happy with a SK + scum victory.
quote:
Added Space wrote on Jun 9, 2017 06:23:
Kill Jamuraan.

If I finish with you stabbing me last I can call it a moral win even if it's not official.

quote:
Infinitum wrote on Jun 8, 2017 16:41:
Ask in scumdoc if you guys wanna team up.

Tell me who to murder tonight so I don't hit one of you guys.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Why would you scum claim to your mason buddy.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

The Ninth Layer posted:

but lol @ scum claiming to your mason bro.

Again I won't paste the PMs, because I won't to give a newbie some wiggle room, but my initial PM I sent to him was

quote:

Totally gonna murder some people tonight as I'm the Serial Killer

Wanna team up scumbo?

And then he pretty much reveals he's scum straight after that :(

So on the one hand I feel bad for him, and on the other I think this is an important mafia lesson that I hope he doesn't take to heart personally and continues playing Mafs :(

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
And since you outed yourself,

##vote Infintum

This guy is deffo scum and voting for him is 100% good.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

I SHOULD GO AND GET FUCKED
OK so I just caught up on the last ~16 hours and holy poo poo wtf is going on

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Jesus loving Christ I hope one of you actually is scum because if you're both town then you're both idiots.

I'm inclined to vote Added Space if only because I think claiming scum to your mason buddy is an even dumber gambit than claiming serial killer, at least in an SK gambit you can ostensibly pass it off as fishing for scum claims.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Added Space posted:

And since you outed yourself,

##vote Infintum

This guy is deffo scum and voting for him is 100% good.

Why would you claim scum to your mason buddy.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Infinitum posted:

And then he pretty much reveals he's scum straight after that :(

So on the one hand I feel bad for him, and on the other I think this is an important mafia lesson that I hope he doesn't take to heart personally and continues playing Mafs :(

Who are you and what have you done with Inf

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Oh OK as long as you posted the PMs first, here they are in order for proper context

Infinitum posted:

Totally gonna murder some people tonight as I'm the Serial Killer

Wanna team up scumbo?

Added Space posted:

I'm trying to lay low, but you have fun.

Infinitum posted:

Ask in scumdoc if you guys wanna team up.

Tell me who to murder tonight so I don't hit one of you guys.

Added Space posted:

Kill Jamuraan.

If I finish with you stabbing me last I can call it a moral win even if it's not official.

*D2 starts Jamuraan is revealed dead*

Infinitum posted:

Jamuraan is dead

Who's the scum team so I don't knock them off.
I'm happy with a SK + scum victory.

Added Space posted:

Nice work.

They said not to tell you, sorry. I'm trying to play nice with everybody since I'm new and all.

People can make up their own minds on this one.

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
Unless he's some weird combination vigilante-jester who wants to get lynched?

Still not sure on the finer points of uncommon roles.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

At first it looks like he's joking but that's also an absurdly stupid joke.

Circumstantial evidence does point to you being the serial killer, it's a bad look that he tells you to kill somebody who then ends up dead.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Added Space posted:

Unless he's some weird combination vigilante-jester who wants to get lynched?

Still not sure on the finer points of uncommon roles.

The Ninth Layer posted:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

The Ninth Layer posted:

it's a bad look that he tells you to kill somebody who then ends up dead.

Agreed.

However I'm happy to take a lynch to prove my innocence, and you've played enough games with me to know I'd never ever reveal I was an SK to anyone so you know this is a comedy gambit that paid off.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
hey, everyone makes mistakes. I made worse mistakes and I played tons of games!

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!

The Ninth Layer posted:

He called himself the serial killer. I wanted to test it, maybe knock out a mafia and then claim the next day "Ha ha, tricked you!" and reveal to the thread.

The serial killer wants to eliminate the mafia first; it's the only path for him to win. He wanted to play me to try to get names. If I can't tell him what the names are he just kills me to keep me quiet; so I have to string him along.

Which is exactly what I freakin' did. I'd understand him killing this night for not telling him, but this outburst makes no sense.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Added Space posted:

He called himself the serial killer. I wanted to test it, maybe knock out a mafia and then claim the next day "Ha ha, tricked you!" and reveal to the thread.

Except if I was the SK, I just murdered the target you told me to

Why didn't you reveal to the thread I was the SK?

Unless you are scum that actually wanted to team up with the SK.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Added Space posted:

The serial killer wants to eliminate the mafia first; it's the only path for him to win. He wanted to play me to try to get names. If I can't tell him what the names are he just kills me to keep me quiet; so I have to string him along.

Which is exactly what I freakin' did. I'd understand him killing this night for not telling him, but this outburst makes no sense.

IDK it seems like you came into the thread to post about TMMadman's math and not about the serial killer that supposedly claimed to you.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

##unvote while I figure out what the gently caress is going on

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Honestly if you're town you should have claimed YESTERDAY that Infi claimed SK to you, so that the town could vote him out before he had a chance to silence you via nightkill.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I guess the one point in Added Space's favor is if he was really scum and Infi had claimed to him, he would have been better off telling his buddies and having them kill Infi, and that didn't happen.

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!

The Ninth Layer posted:

Honestly if you're town you should have claimed YESTERDAY that Infi claimed SK to you, so that the town could vote him out before he had a chance to silence you via nightkill.

I figured it was just random poo poo-talk like 90% of the thread. Maybe I should have posted that first this day, but I named a cop and figured if I could name a mafia I could reveal on a high note instead of looking like an idiot. Just trying to play the game.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

The Ninth Layer posted:

I guess the one point in Added Space's favor is if he was really scum and Infi had claimed to him, he would have been better off telling his buddies and having them kill Infi, and that didn't happen.

that doesn't apply if he's scum who wants to work with sk.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

The Ninth Layer posted:

I'm assuming scumteam is mainly new players this time about.

My current picks are:
- Added Space (Because he's essentially scumclaimed and did't out me in thread when he had the chance if he was town)
- Sandwolf (For suggesting I was the SK out of thin air)

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Added Space posted:

I figured it was just random poo poo-talk like 90% of the thread. Maybe I should have posted that first this day, but I named a cop and figured if I could name a mafia I could reveal on a high note instead of looking like an idiot. Just trying to play the game.

Why did you claim scum to your mason buddy?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Tired Moritz posted:

that doesn't apply if he's scum who wants to work with sk.

I'm trying to consider it from the perspective that maybe he's a town player who doesn't know what a huge crippling mistake it is to claim scum even in jest.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I'm heading out to the movies for a bit, but straight up Added Space I genuinely feel bad about this as I love new players and don't like seeing them killed off early so they can have a good first game experience ;(

Will be back to answer any questions later.

Added Space
Jul 13, 2012

Free Markets
Free People

Curse you Hayard-Gunnes!
Inf, it wasn't out of nowhere, you posted that someone you were told to kill would die and then that person died. Seems pretty clear to me.

We were unconfirmed masons. I didn't know if he was scum or not. I tell him to kill someone, that person survives to tomorrow, Inf and I have a good laugh and we're pretty much clear on both being town. If he's the SK, I play along and maybe hit a jackpot. If he's scum, then he's just messing with me because he knows I'm not scum and so I have a good time playing along.

And if he's town and messing with me then he's an rear end in a top hat, which is hardly surprising in this forum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Added Space posted:

Inf, it wasn't out of nowhere, you posted that someone you were told to kill would die and then that person died. Seems pretty clear to me.

We were unconfirmed masons. I didn't know if he was scum or not. I tell him to kill someone, that person survives to tomorrow, Inf and I have a good laugh and we're pretty much clear on both being town. If he's the SK, I play along and maybe hit a jackpot. If he's scum, then he's just messing with me because he knows I'm not scum and so I have a good time playing along.

And if he's town and messing with me then he's an rear end in a top hat, which is hardly surprising in this forum.

If you are a town player, why would you position yourself as actually scum???

• Locked thread