Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

bobkatt013 posted:

I can't think of a movie where he was a science teacher. What about the bees?

He was a teacher of some sort in The Happening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

GrandpaPants posted:

He was a teacher of some sort in The Happening.

I meant to say can and thinking of the classic film
The happening aka the movie he did because he was a teacher and not a cop

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
He wanned ta be a teachah not a cwop

Remember he was out acted by the chimp in Planet of the Apes and horses

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

well why not posted:

Surely it would be easier to write her to be over 18 than to figure out that creepy mess of a plotline.

But then what is Marky Mark going to grouse about for half the movie?

enigmahfc posted:

I hate Marky Mark and the dude cannot act to save his life, and Transformers 4 has two lines that cracked me up. How Mark says, "I think we found a Transforma" is the funnest thing, and when he asks his daughter, "who taught you all that science and math?", implying it was him (and we all goddamn well know it wasn't him).

I could be a science teacher, Night.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Man the latest onscren sounds...off. Their timing is all hosed at the beginning. It's like they're intimidated because of a g-g-g-girl

I'll pay to see The Last Knight only if it includes the Transformer that turned into a traffic signal in the middle of the desert and hosed with a guy once

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

Man the latest onscren sounds...off. Their timing is all hosed at the beginning. It's like they're intimidated because of a g-g-g-girl

It's probably just their sadness that Marvel isn't sending them any more checks.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Gyges posted:

It's probably just their sadness that Marvel isn't sending them any more checks.

Plus of course Stephen's timing is off, he could hardly hear with all the red pills jammed in his ears!

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
I imagine a lot of irregularity in this on-screen might be due to the bizarre political situation brewing around wonder woman, but that said on-screens always seem a bit off-type to me. There's a lot of subtle differences between speaking about a movie they've seen before and a movie they just saw for the first time.

Like, for instance, Ultraviolet felt like an on-screen they managed to stretch into a full episode by sheer force of will.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
I love how Chelsea pointed out Wonder Womans "Its hideous." comment as speaking about the DC cinematic universe as it stands. Lmao

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

Sort of. The book is sincere and the movie is satire. Heinlein was a bad person.

Starship Troopers was super militaristic to a degree that was nearly self parody.

Somehow he basically turned into a proto-hippie by Stranger in a Strange Land. But not necessarily in the good way like you want.

Then he turned into a cartoon libertarian.

He was real wierd and hosed up basically..

sean10mm fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Jun 11, 2017

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Yes! Another Friday the 13th episode coming up!

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Twilightmentary is up as well. Are these worth listening to if you don't watch the movie beside it? Because, y'know. Twilight.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

GrandpaPants posted:

Twilightmentary is up as well. Are these worth listening to if you don't watch the movie beside it? Because, y'know. Twilight.

I listened to the Sithmentary along side Episode III, and there are times where they go 10-15 seconds without saying anything. Also they will make references to what is happening or just laugh at something that happened on screen, so it helps.

Violator
May 15, 2003

Hockles posted:

Yes! Another Friday the 13th episode coming up!

Super excited about this.

Violator
May 15, 2003

When do the summer reruns start? I want to nominate Jaws 4 as a perfect summer movie with lots of Michael Caine.

Edit: He can blame falling in love with a Brody on Rio!!!

Silentgoldfish
Nov 5, 2008

Violator posted:

When do the summer reruns start? I want to nominate Jaws 4 as a perfect summer movie with lots of Michael Caine.

Edit: He can blame falling in love with a Brody on Rio!!!

Good news, they've already done it! It's on their back catalogue on the website.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Whoa ok I'm checking Roku out and apparently they did release Moontrap: Target Earth. Has anybody told the guys? I can't tell if Tiny Diehard is in it though

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Oh my god the cinematography of this is garbage with extremely close shots and the white balance is 100% off and apparently they couldn't afford a dolly for the one camera they have

EDIT: Charles Shaugnessy surely your The Nanny residuals should keep you comfortably above water for the rest of your life

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Calaveron posted:

Whoa ok I'm checking Roku out and apparently they did release Moontrap: Target Earth. Has anybody told the guys? I can't tell if Tiny Diehard is in it though

It's not worth it until Neal DeGrasse Tyson fact-checks the original

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Oh fuuuuck they said the phrase fake news

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
All the characters in this movie feel like they waltz into a scene to talk to somebody and that other character just desperately wants to end the scene but the first character won't let them

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Martin Cinemax the Third would loving hate this movie because so far there has been only one instance of background blurry tiddy

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

Their timing sounds like they were doing it over skype or something. The constant talking over each other without realizing it is so common when that's the case.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

"Are you surprised this is stupid?"

Eric, summing up the Transformers franchise succinctly.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Man, they skipped over Optimus' psycho face removal.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

"Oh man you said you were gonna handle the sheet cake, bro!"

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I'm glad that Tape Guy is still getting work in the industry.

The Deleter posted:

Man, they skipped over Optimus' psycho face removal.

That was the moment I was looking forward to the most!

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

JT Smiley posted:

I'm glad that Tape Guy is still getting work in the industry.

One of the guys spent the last week working on a peeling tape sound effect. And it was worth it!

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014
Another Steve Story of cowardice! :D

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

I know the guys are generally terrible with names, but Megan Fox's character being named Mikaela Banes adds another weird masturbatory element to Bay's filming of the character.

Edit: I wanted to see how violent the Devastator transformation was, but then also came across this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2pgl9obSqU

This makes the movie look like a giant, longer than Star Wars videogame cutscene.

GrandpaPants fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Jun 14, 2017

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

https://twitter.com/mpodeck/status/874747721051254784

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

I cannot believe they didn't mention Devastator having wrecking ball nuts. The movie explicitly calls it out, with John Turturro saying he was underneath the robot scrotum, or something like that.

I was already hating the experience, but that's the moment where I realize the franchise was beyond saving.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
I think Eric's despairing "This is so stupid" covers all of it. I hope they get further into the psycho weird poo poo though, because just reporting on the general action just kinda reveals how much of a slog each one is.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

thrawn527 posted:

I cannot believe they didn't mention Devastator having wrecking ball nuts. The movie explicitly calls it out, with John Turturro saying he was underneath the robot scrotum, or something like that.

I was already hating the experience, but that's the moment where I realize the franchise was beyond saving.

I imagine that by the time Devastator showed up they had mentally checked out, much like the time I saw it. I just remember it being a big worm robot that ate a lot of sand for what felt like 4 hours.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
I am not sure if they are going to be able to survive all 5...

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

bobkatt013 posted:

I am not sure if they are going to be able to survive all 5...

I'm not sure they will either. Eric sounds like he's ready to quit the show for the summer to avoid any more.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

thrawn527 posted:

I'm not sure they will either. Eric sounds like he's ready to quit the show for the summer to avoid any more.

The last one will be only Jupin, in what sounds like a hasty distress call with an ad for Lootcrate that's longer than the rest of the episode.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
You know, seeing as I've only seen bits and pieces of these movies, I thought the girl in the new one finally got around to giving Bumblebee a voice box and some robo-lips. I didn't know they repeatedly gave and then took back his ability to speak for a "fun" radio gag.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
If the guys were creeped out by the treatment of Megan Fox's character so far I can't wait to hear their reaction to the new love interest. Tape Guy really worked his rear end off on the third movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Someone please let Steve know that there actually is a Transformer named Ripclaw.

Also, I got a chuckle at this after this week's episode where they mention the female Transformer getting killed: