Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

I SHOULD GO AND GET FUCKED
Setting aside the Inf/AS clusterfuck for one moment, I really like TNL today and am doing a total 180 on TMM. TMM seems like an experienced player, yet is spouting a bunch of total nonsense to justify him not making an effort to lynch a viable candidate. I totally missed that horrible vote yesterday. He's also doublevoting my strongest townread right now.

That said, I'm OK with either Inf or AS today, so

##vote AS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Inf, do you remember my first game? You pushed me HARD when we were both town and we had a huge 1v1 and you got cleared by a cop and then I had a total meltdown and was cleared by Authentic Meltdown Cred? Why are you so different in your attitude this game?

You know what,
##vote inf

I'll still happily vote AS, but I like this more. Inf's tone just seems so loving wrong.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
wtf

looking at clear evidence and going ehhh muh past games

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
YOUR FIRST GAME IS LITERALLY A YEAR AGO WTF

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

OK, now look at the interaction between Inf and I. Does that Inf seem like the same person as this Inf?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
yeah people change a lot in 1 year.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Maybe. I agree that it looks extremely bad for AS, logically. But my gut feels really good about AS right now, and really bad about Inf. I'm OK with either one.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Kasumeat posted:

Inf, do you remember my first game?

No.

I legit can't even remember what happens in my last game. I like playing fast and loose.

Which is why a comedy "haha I'm the SK lets go murder people scumbo" PM turned into an actual result.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Don't post chat logs/PMs

AS gets a pass because first game

Infi has broken the spirit of this rule if not the letter and is eligible to be freely lynched today in addition to the main lynch. Indicate your choice by either posting ##killinfi2017 or ##saveinficrew in thread prior to end of day.

I can't fucks with votefinder from mobile but consider tmm's double vote reflected

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Well technically AS posted PMs first, and I just clarified and expanded upon..

I didn't post mod related PMs, and there are no specific rules about not posting mason communication.

Either way I'm happy with the result.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

##killinfi2017

Seize the means of production, proles!! Rise up against those oppressing us! Steal back the kill we lost yesterday.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Since when is it a problem to post mason chat logs in a Mafia game?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Let it be known that Added Space and Sandwolf are scumbros.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Infinitum posted:

Let it be known that Added Space and Sandwolf are scumbros.

What footy player are you?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

The Ninth Layer posted:

Since when is it a problem to post mason chat logs in a Mafia game?

Seriously I have never heard of this being close to a standard rule in Mafia. Posting moderator communications and role PMs is one thing but half the fun of having a mason is the potential to expose them later in the thread.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

What footy player are you?

Claudio Reyna

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Two players discuss killing another player. Other player ends up dead. Now it's possible that infi is SK. But AS could be either scum or SK. My read is that AS is the SK, knew infi was lying and tried to outplay him into getting lunched first so that their series of PMs would come off as a series of bizarro world ninth level chess after the flip.

##vote added space

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

##saveinficrew

Let's just play the game as is.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Actually I take it back ##unvote. Added space reminds me of my play in my first couple of games. I think he's the SK but I'm pretty sure my vote right there seals his lunch which I'm not okay with.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hi Ernie sorry I'm late fill me in here

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Sandwolf, why did you say infi is the serial killer?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Hal Incandenza posted:

Hi Ernie sorry I'm late fill me in here

Infi and space are masons.

Infi claimed SK to bait space.

Space claimed scum and said yeah sure they can team up.

They both decided the SK should kill jamuraan. Jamuraan died.

Both now say they are town. Sandwolf seems to have secretly come to the conclusion that infi is the SK.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Kasumeat posted:

Setting aside the Inf/AS clusterfuck for one moment, I really like TNL today and am doing a total 180 on TMM. TMM seems like an experienced player, yet is spouting a bunch of total nonsense to justify him not making an effort to lynch a viable candidate. I totally missed that horrible vote yesterday. He's also doublevoting my strongest townread right now.

That said, I'm OK with either Inf or AS today, so

##vote AS

TMM isn't using the correct logic for anything in the world and it's plainly transparent. It seems like half the thread is against me though and would rather MOTM him so I've dropped it today.

It seems like his strategy today is 'flood the thread with enough words that town just keeps liking me as I am a second time'.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

One last passing thought before I go missing for another half game day:

I voted gulag for MOTM yesterday because he had a lot of town calls and I agreed with some of them. I thought they in turn would vote him overnight because they also trusted him. But looks like they didn't? It would be interesting to go back to that list of players and ask them why they didn't vote for gulag. The only kind of player that would see that they have an ally in the thread and not care about making them the MOTM is the kind who knows that the other player is not their ally.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Honestly, Ernie, PMoms early play made me think SK, involved but detached from being townie or feigning towniness, and then replaced out. I can see them not wanting to devote time to an SK win which is a long process, really. Infi has done nothing to necessarily sway me from that, so:

I actually thought of the Giuseppe Rossi thing first, and then for some reason PMom fell into place.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Ernie. posted:

One last passing thought before I go missing for another half game day:

I voted gulag for MOTM yesterday because he had a lot of town calls and I agreed with some of them. I thought they in turn would vote him overnight because they also trusted him. But looks like they didn't? It would be interesting to go back to that list of players and ask them why they didn't vote for gulag. The only kind of player that would see that they have an ally in the thread and not care about making them the MOTM is the kind who knows that the other player is not their ally.

I actually voted Gulag for MotM too, which if everyone has been honest so far, should mean he was tied with TMM? Right! 3 votes each?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Sandwolf posted:

I actually voted Gulag for MotM too, which if everyone has been honest so far, should mean he was tied with TMM? Right! 3 votes each?

No, according to my count the votes are:

Added Space - TMM
Chaos - TMM? -This isn't confirmed yet, but chaos said he was likely to vote me during the night.
Circle - TMM? - Again, this is based on night talk, not confirmed after the day opened
Dr. Hurt - Circl? -- Again, based on night talk, not confirmed after the day opened
Ernie - Gulag
Gulag - Chaos
Hal - ??
Kasu - TMM
Inf - ??
Raeg - ??
Sandwolf - Gulag
TNL - ??
TMM - Chaos

We don't know who the dead people voted for and they didn't seem to indicate their preference during the night.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Ernie. posted:

TMM isn't using the correct logic for anything in the world and it's plainly transparent. It seems like half the thread is against me though and would rather MOTM him so I've dropped it today.

It seems like his strategy today is 'flood the thread with enough words that town just keeps liking me as I am a second time'.

This is bullshit. You just don't like my logic. Just because you don't understand how I reached my conclusions doesn't mean my logic is incorrect.

I am simply not going to vote for someone I believe is likely to be town on D1 just to complete a lynch. It's not some sort of strange stance for me, I've held it since I first played. And the few times I've been pressured into lynching someone I felt was town just to complete a lynch, I was indeed right about the person being town and the it didn't help town figure out who was scum.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Now as for the whole Inf/AS thing. I just don't know what to believe there yet. I'm going to have to go through it again.

On first blush, I could definitely see Inf pulling this kind of stunt. I don't think I've played with AS before, so I don't know how he would respond. My problem is that I can't see scum telling an SK that they are scum, regardless of their newness. If he's new and scum and someone in a mason doc say's 'Hey, I'm the SK! wanna work together scumbo?', I feel a new person would run to the scum doc and say 'Hey, my mason buddy is saying he's the SK, what should I say?' and not just blurting out that he's scum.

And also, let's take into consideration that in their posted PMs (which yes, posting mason chat is against the rules, although it can depend on the mod), AS does not actually claim scum. Yes, it's implied in some of the posting, but it's not actually said outright. However, even with that taken into consideration, I still wouldn't hesitate to lynch AS.

Although I will say that his voting me for MOTM does give me some pause because I'm just not sure that scum would vote a town player for MOMT. That's really a hard question to answer for a variety of reasons.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I'm going to bed soon but I really whanna emphasize that I'd love to hear people's opinions and some feelings on what's going on today.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TMMadman posted:

No, according to my count the votes are:

Added Space - TMM
Chaos - TMM? -This isn't confirmed yet, but chaos said he was likely to vote me during the night.
Circle - TMM? - Again, this is based on night talk, not confirmed after the day opened
Dr. Hurt - Circl? -- Again, based on night talk, not confirmed after the day opened
Ernie - Gulag
Gulag - Chaos
Hal - ??
Kasu - TMM
Inf - ??
Raeg - ??
Sandwolf - Gulag
TNL - ??
Tired - TMM
TMM - Chaos

We don't know who the dead people voted for and they didn't seem to indicate their preference during the night.

I missed Tired in this list and have fixed it now in bold.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

I'm going to bed soon but I really whanna emphasize that I'd love to hear people's opinions and some feelings on what's going on today.

I'm like 99% sure you're scum for the "Wow Inf is probably a SK" out of nowhere comment before the reveal of the PMs.

Enjoy that hottake.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I didn't vote for anyone last night because I was a late sub in and did not know who was deserving of it.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Updated MOTM Claimed N1 Votes:

Added Space - TMM
Ernie - Gulag
Gulag - Chaos
Hal - ??
Kasu - TMM
Inf - Nobody
Raeg - ??
Sandwolf - Gulag
TNL - ??
Tired - TMM
TMM - Chaos

Dead People:
Juramaan - ???
Mr F - ???

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Good morning everyone, just got my cereal and

:suspense:

also yeah TMM I did end up putting my vote in for you.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Infinitum posted:

I'm like 99% sure you're scum for the "Wow Inf is probably a SK" out of nowhere comment before the reveal of the PMs.

Enjoy that hottake.

Almost burned my hands on that spicy one

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

Almost burned my hands on that spicy one

I'm just saying it's super weird you came to that conclusion yourself without me making a single post D2

Not a "Could have been someone with a night vig, we should wait for everybody to check in first to see what happened" towny comment

But straight up "Man.. I reckon Inf is a SK"

How does one come to that conclusion? Oh yeah Added Space sharing that info with you via scumdoc, and you trying to throw shade.

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.
Catching up, on a 4am flight this morning and just checked in to my hotel, so my processing powers are terrible.

Voted Gulag for MOTM as I feel we have a true majestic bond in our lives.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Updated MOTM Claimed N1 Votes:

Added Space - TMM
Chaos - TMM
Ernie - Gulag
Gulag - Chaos
Hal - ??
Kasu - TMM
Inf - Nobody
Raeg - Gulag
Sandwolf - Gulag
TNL - ??
Tired - TMM
TMM - Chaos

Dead People:
Juramaan - ???
Mr F - ???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.

Infinitum posted:

Enjoy that hottake.

I mean given everything else that has happened, this spicy rear end take holds up for me.

I'm sad it is slowly dawning on me TM may just be bad and not scum and that breaks my heart.

##vote: Added Space

#killinfi2017

Cranking the statistics machine cranks out these as the right choices in life. Just the choices, we will win bigly with these choices.

• Locked thread