Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gottabefrank
Sep 19, 2014

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

It's pretty simple, you go to virtex world exchange, buy second life lindens, exchange the lindens for gold stocks, then slowly you get the cash out from your gold holdings by selling for usd

loving idiots

This is a real thing btw, I've been looking into it

I'm not exchanging my valuable e-bux for common household fabrics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Ups_rail posted:

okay so the people selling drugs on silk road or what ever that market is called now.

How do they get their cash out? like if I move 5K of drugs and need to pay back my supplier does coin base just wire me the money no questions asked?

Or all those chinese people trying to get money out of china

You don't because you get arrested because most of them are honey pots these days

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Smash it Smash hit posted:

People will come to your house for discount drugs or hell you can pay someone to do all the work!

Free money!

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

You don't because you get arrested because most of them are honey pots these days

this dude just has a fuckin' answer for everything lol, really nailing it

AARO
Mar 9, 2005

by Lowtax

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

You are a complete fool for thinking this.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

this dude just has a fuckin' answer for everything lol, really nailing it

hey you were one of the posters mad about goons making fun of bitcoins right? have you bought any yet?

Ayn Randi
Mar 12, 2009

Grimey Drawer
free* money*!

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
And in conclusion you should continue to have full confidence in the exchange system, Mr. 对不起你的损失

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Sounds like a good idea to get the police involved

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

The Chinese police are of course well known for their eagerness to help random Americans from the Internet.

(What actually worked was Reddit, who are therefore the Internet Police.)

plape tickler
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm up ~$800 on my crypto currency purchases I made starting May 29th. If I'm not robbed or my bank account isn't closed.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

QuarkJets posted:

hey you were one of the posters mad about goons making fun of bitcoins right? have you bought any yet?

oh man and you will not believe my collection of xbox one ram and doobie's hot dogs!!!!!

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

plape tickler posted:

I'm up ~$800 on my crypto currency purchases I made starting May 29th. If I'm not robbed or my bank account isn't closed.

I've made 50 dollars so I feel fine. To the moon!

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

oh man and you will not believe my collection of xbox one ram and doobie's hot dogs!!!!!

no I'm serious did you actually buy any bitcoins yet? You talked about it I'm just wondering if you actually did it

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

The first response was basically that and then this was someone else replying:

quote:

Definitely this. In China this sort of thing is punishable by death. You might not get your money (the government will probably just take it) but at least you may get justice.

aka "maybe you won't get your bitcoins back but at least the thief will die, that's definitely a fitting punishment for stealing bitcoins"

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.

QuarkJets posted:

no I'm serious did you actually buy any bitcoins yet? You talked about it I'm just wondering if you actually did it

yeah goons are still making GBS threads on bitcoins and they're objectively wrong so Jeffy and Hammy are dumping real money into buying bitcoins to get rich right?

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

another response in that okcoin thread is basically "How dare you badmouth [company], I've never had any problems with them. OP is probably a known criminal."

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Rhetorical question: Did Doobie's Dog House accept bitcoin?

Or perhaps, oobie og hous accepted bitcoin.

Also I just thought of something: somebody had to have made a bitcoin knockoff called bltcoin or bitcoln or something subtle that ripped off a whole bunch of people (as if they wouldn't be ripped off in the first place) right?

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

EorayMel posted:

Rhetorical question: Did Doobie's Dog House accept bitcoin?

Or perhaps, oobie og hous accepted bitcoin.

Also I just thought of something: somebody had to have made a bitcoin knockoff called bltcoin or bitcoln or something subtle that ripped off a whole bunch of people (as if they wouldn't be ripped off in the first place) right?

I would be into a BLTcoin.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

vortmax posted:

yeah goons are still making GBS threads on bitcoins and they're objectively wrong so Jeffy and Hammy are dumping real money into buying bitcoins to get rich right?
lol like it takes speculating in a currency to observe 5 years of "hilarious", oblivious non-jokes about line graphs by people who were completely wrong

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

just kidding guys.....buttcoins am I right? 5 more years!

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.

lol like it takes speculating in a currency to observe 5 years of "hilarious", oblivious non-jokes about line graphs by people who were completely wrong

look i'm just saying if we're completely wrong and we're still making fun of it, it has nowhere to go but up uP UP! why wouldn't you invest?

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Bitcoins next stop is 100,000 dollars, idiots

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

~ David Lee Roth

Bitcoins next stop is 100,000 dollars, idiots

I think you mean the US dollar is headed down to 0.000 01 BTC.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

You and ham sandwiches keep saying this but Ross "mycrimes.txt" Ulbricht, CARL MARK FORCE IV, and bitcoin's wild volatility and uselessness as a currency all continue to be funny

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

The Onion continues to be wrong about everything because they released that Apple Wheel video, convincing me not to invest in Apple stocks. gently caress The Onion :argh:

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

~ David Lee Roth

QuarkJets posted:

You and ham sandwiches keep saying this but Ross "mycrimes.txt" Ulbricht, CARL MARK FORCE IV, and bitcoin's wild volatility and uselessness as a currency all continue to be funny

Not to mention the other major players like logansryche, who tried to set up a gift card business (and failed), then his own movie theatre (and failed), and then getting the rights to... what was it, Ducktales? (and failed).

There was also Bitcoin evangelist Bruce Wagner, who kept insisting on having a Bitcoin conference in Pattaya, Thailand, aka the child prostitution capital of the world.

Not to mention Roger Ver, a man who renounced his US citizenship (aka probably the one citizenship you do NOT want to give up) just so he wouldn't have to pay some taxes -- that he still ended up paying anyway when he tried and failed to reenter the United States. He also made this video where he swears MtGox's money is totally safe, you guys. Oh, and he was arrested for shipping explosives without any real protection or safeguards. Like, at all.

Those are just the three off the top of my head. There's tons of stuff.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
It was TailSpin I think

Either logansryche or lukejr is from a town ten minutes from me, which is depressing

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

There sure are some dumb bitcoin stories ! But here I am making money on the bitcoins ! 💰

Im about to buy a second PC just to mine!

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib

just kidding guys.....buttcoins am I right? 5 more years!

You are joking, but dodge coins are actively traded and actually worth some money now soo..

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

There sure are some dumb bitcoin stories ! But here I am making money on the bitcoins ! 💰

Im about to buy a second PC just to mine!

Congrats but I hope you mean you're mining some altcoin and not bitcoin, because mining bitcoin on a PC has a huge negative ROI unless you pay literally nothing for electricity (and i assume you use the PC for other things? But maybe not if it's "just to mine" lol)

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

~ David Lee Roth

QuarkJets posted:

Congrats but I hope you mean you're mining some altcoin and not bitcoin, because mining bitcoin on a PC has a huge negative ROI unless you pay literally nothing for electricity (and i assume you use the PC for other things? But maybe not if it's "just to mine" lol)

Yeah if you're mining Bitcoin speculating the price will eventually beat the current cost of mining, then you might as well outright buy some instead. At least it'll save you some money & electricity, and the planet some pollution.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

mojo1701a posted:

Not to mention Roger Ver, a man who renounced his US citizenship (aka probably the one citizenship you do NOT want to give up) just so he wouldn't have to pay some taxes -- that he still ended up paying anyway when he tried and failed to reenter the United States. He also made this video where he swears MtGox's money is totally safe, you guys. Oh, and he was arrested for shipping explosives without any real protection or safeguards. Like, at all.

Did he have another, or just become stateless?

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

~ David Lee Roth

maskenfreiheit posted:

Did he have another, or just become stateless?

Wikipedia says he acquired citizenship in St Kitts and Nevis and then renounced his US citizenship, so he's not stateless.

Also, I'm still actually reading the YOSPOS thread so I'm about 10 months behind, but he was finally allowed back into the US last year.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Im almost 100 dollars in profit on the Bitcoins*! To the moon!

* before electricity costs

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
now entering: the 3k zone

plape tickler
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Im almost 100 dollars in profit on the Bitcoins*! To the moon!

* before electricity costs

I'm at a little over 1K profit in two weeks. Getting an itchy sell finger

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

plape tickler posted:

I'm at a little over 1K profit in two weeks. Getting an itchy sell finger

Maybe Bank of America was right?! 💻💰📈

maskenfreiheit fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Jun 12, 2017

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

maskenfreiheit posted:

Maybe Bank of America was right?! 💻💰📈

Lol

Volumes are going up, volatility is going down. A lot of people talk about the volatility, but if you are in Zimbabwe or Venezuela, this volatility is nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
What ever happened to Nebby? He was the dude who loved bitcoin when he went off his meds, right?
Did he ever make it big?

• Locked thread