Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.
Other notes, TMM and TNL reads as a long as townie slap fight and maybe they should just kiss???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

*flicks hair out of face*

when you've been playing this game for...

*checks calendar*

eights years I guess you can just instantly see these things

*motorcycle, sunset*

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.

Sandwolf posted:

*flicks hair out of face*

when you've been playing this game for...

*checks calendar*

eights years I guess you can just instantly see these things

*motorcycle, sunset*

Hmmmm strong argument, let's see how it plays out.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Raeg posted:

Hmmmm strong argument, let's see how it plays out.

Ahahah, yes, let's.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Well it looks like I missed quite a bit of drama while I was zonked out.

For MOTM I ended up changing my mind at the last second and voting Dr. Hurt. Sorry.

It seems like a pretty easy lynch on Added Space but I want to discuss the Inf thing. Mostly the fact that I am not super familiar with rules but I don't remember being forbidden from posting anything but role PMs. On the other hand it would sorta make up for the D1 no lynch and Inf could be SK so... I am leaning toward kill but it's kind of an assy thing to do it on the back of what seems like an incorrect mod decision.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Updated MOTM Claimed N1 Votes:

Added Space - TMM
Chaos - TMM
Circle - Dr. Hurt
Dr. Hurt - Circl? -- Again, based on night talk, not confirmed after the day opened
Ernie - Gulag
Gulag - Chaos
Hal - ??
Kasu - TMM
Inf - Nobody
Raeg - Gulag
Sandwolf - Gulag
TNL - ??
Tired - TMM
TMM - Chaos

Dead People:
Juramaan - ???
Mr F - ???

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Also, The standard rules apply to this game.

And from that is this:

quote:

Talking Out Of Thread (OOT)

To talk OOT means to talk privately with another player about the content of the game, outside of the thread. Unless your role specifies that you are allowed to talk privately OOT (masons and mafioso are the most common examples), to do so is strictly forbidden. Unauthorized OOT communication hurts townies and mafia alike, and more importantly is against the spirit of mafia. As such, it's typically forbidden, and is often very strictly enforced.

Note that if you DO have the ability to communicate OOT with someone, then this right is taken away when one of you dies; mods do not allow communicating OOT after death.

Also note that, generally, publishing OOT communications between teammates follows similar prohibitions as mod communications below. Ask your mod before posting mason logs in the thread.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

I don't know that I've ever been in a game, personally, where posting chat logs from mason stuff was OK. Busb one time ran a mafia like Civ game and someone posted a fake faction chat screenshot and boy howdy did that cause a big ol mess, if I remember right.

I know anyone can fake a copy/pasted PM with a timestamp but a inspect element edit means anyone more or less can fake a screenshot of one too, and I dont think any of us would be very happy if someone posted a screenshot. Having a layer of deniability there is important for the game to keep things even imo. But I also have never modded a game.

Of course I also think taste gambited once upon a time by posting a fake role PM so :shrug: mafia crazy sometimes

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

It's possible inf is just vanilla town mason and scum killed jam to set him up (Jams flip is first after all; I know there is no hard and fast rule about flip order but I feel like it's typically posted Scum -> Others), but I think Inf would be the kind of person who would replace in as a SK Mason and go "Well hell lets just claim to my masonbro and see where this goes." More importantly, I think leaving Inf alive when we have him available as a free lynch is a bad move. Whatever his alignment, we are going to be talking about him as long as he is alive and I think his future lynch is basically inevitable. Clearing the room of distractions now is the best play.

##killinfi2017
##vote added space

Space I hope you play in future games!

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

TMMadman posted:

Updated MOTM Claimed N1 Votes:
Hal - ??
TNL - ??

Hal, TNL, can you answer about your MotM votes?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
##saveinficrew

no particular reason, I just like Infi's posting and I find it doubtful that he's actually sk

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

All I will say is that I didn't post the PMs originally, and even stated that I wouldn't.

Then Added Space came out and posted them.
So I clarified them by making them legible, and added the missing PMs.

That Added Space gets a free pass and I don't is something I don't personally agree with, but it is what it is and I believe scum will take advantage of abusing the situation.

If I do end up getting free lynched please take a good hard look at the people voting killinfi2017 and their reasoning behind it; that will turn up some suspicious behaviour I'm sure of it.

I'm Vanilla Town and while it isn't a great loss if I get dunked, I'll at least be glad that known scum Added Space + Sandwolf will be lynched afterwards.

chaoslord posted:

More importantly, I think leaving Inf alive when we have him available as a free lynch is a bad move.

Bad post.

chaoslord posted:

Whatever his alignment, we are going to be talking about him as long as he is alive and I think his future lynch is basically inevitable.

Heaven forbid I can't be cleared via tracking, etc.

Bad post with bad reasoning all around clord.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

##saveinficrew :v:

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Infinitum posted:

That Added Space gets a free pass and I don't is something I don't personally agree with, but it is what it is and I believe scum will take advantage of abusing the situation.

Well Added Space is almost certainly getting lynched anyway.

But yeah I'm still on the fence on the save/kill thing. =/

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Infinitum posted:

Bad post.

Heaven forbid I can't be cleared via tracking, etc.

Bad post with bad reasoning all around clord.

I have never claimed to be good at mafia :v:

Cop dead, no guarantee of tracker. I stand by what I said. If others disagree, fine, but I think we will be arguing "Is inf the SK or not?????" until you die more likely than not. We have the chance to rid the game of the claimed SK and claimed scum in one swoop. I'm gonna take it.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
only stupid people would think infi is the sk

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Tired Moritz posted:

only stupid people would think infi is the sk

oh nooooo :negative:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

chaoslord posted:

I have never claimed to be good at mafia :v:

Cop dead, no guarantee of tracker. I stand by what I said. If others disagree, fine, but I think we will be arguing "Is inf the SK or not?????" until you die more likely than not. We have the chance to rid the game of the claimed SK and claimed scum in one swoop. I'm gonna take it.

Actually I have claimed Vanilla Town and explained that it was a comedic PM that actually somehow worked as a gambit; which has now outted Added Space, and probably Sandwolf as well, as scumbro.

Do you think I would, as an experienced mafia player, openly claim SK to my mason partner in my first post to them?

IF, for sake of the argument, I was the SK do you think I would keep my mason partner alive to spill the beans if they were town?
Added Space admits to being scum via PM and was hoping I'd kill him last to secure a moral victory

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Again these are the PMs after D2 has already started

*D2 starts Jamuraan is revealed dead*

Infinitum posted:

Jamuraan is dead

Who's the scum team so I don't knock them off.
I'm happy with a SK + scum victory.

Added Space posted:

Nice work.

They said not to tell you, sorry. I'm trying to play nice with everybody since I'm new and all.

So he had the opportunity to post in thread once the day has started, if he was town, to reveal that I was the SK

Instead he chooses to send a reply PM when the thread has been reopened and continues to maintain he is part of the scum team

I'm sorry, but that's an open-shut slam dunk case right there.
Sandwolf suggest I'm the SK out of nowhere incriminates him as well.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Good morning! Good morning!

Here are the situations that I see potentially happening, this is primarily so I can set the facts straight myself and figure out my feelings cuz chugging 200+ posts when waking up is a groovy experience:

1. Infini is a big fat liar pants, actually is VT and not SK > Space is a big fat liar pants is actually town

2. Infini is a big fat liar pants, actually is VT and not SK > Space was a ding dong and told the truth and is Scum

3. Infini is a "truthteller" and is a SK > Space is a big fat liar pants is actually town (honestly the least possible option)

4. Infini is a "truthteller" and is a SK > Space was a ding dong and told the truth and is Scum

Now that all that dumbness is out of the way-
The way space was acting when they were caught (throwing a vote on themselves, sulking) reads like a scum that has been caught in the act being a dummy before their team can console them to at least try to fight it out. That being said, if 2 or 4 is true, then Infini is trying to make a strong connection to Sandwolf as the potential teammate because they called out Inf as a SK earlier.

One thing i can't really shake is that in this post

Infinitum posted:

Actually I have claimed Vanilla Town and explained that it was a comedic PM that actually somehow worked as a gambit; which has now outted Added Space, and probably Sandwolf as well, as scumbro.

Do you think I would, as an experienced mafia player, openly claim SK to my mason partner in my first post to them?

IF, for sake of the argument, I was the SK do you think I would keep my mason partner alive to spill the beans if they were town?
Added Space admits to being scum via PM and was hoping I'd kill him last to secure a moral victory

Inf doesn't even seem to want to consider the possibility that Space could have also been lying? Both of you are leaning on the "oh I was just joking" and in this scenario building arguments around it just kind of end up making both of you look bad to me. ##vote Added Space

Either way ##killinfini2017 I'm not gonna trust them for the rest of the game. Could be a cool dude gambit, but literally until the end there will be a cloud of suspicion like "oh hey it's the potential serial killer." :yum:

Also if I never have to read another whiny baby slapfight between TMM and Moritz I will die happy.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Infinitum posted:

Honestly? Yes,. Because you can use the logic you're using right now to get away from it and you know you could do that and be persuasive.

It's a crazy high risk gambit but you're one of the few people I'd think would actually try it :shrug:

I love seeing gambits so me wanting this to be a big one may be clouding my view but I mean if others disagree with me you'll live.

KillInf: Sandwolf, raeg, me
Saveinf: ernie, tired, possibly inf?

I recognize I'm in company with very possibly scum sandwolf, which is not a great look, so honestly I think you'll be ok if more people show up. Actually, ##unvote to make sure people have a chance to weigh in about inf. AS is definitely gonna be the vote today but I still want to know Hal/TNL's motm votes and want more folks to vote about inf

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I'm not going to be particularly miffed if I end up being freelynchable

Just please please please remember that when Added Space flips scum, that Sandwolf is 100% scum as well for insinuating I'm an SK out of nowhere (Because they talked about it in scumdoc)

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Should have hit preview. Add Hurt to the killinf list.

KillInf: Sandwolf, raeg, chao, hurt
Saveinf: ernie, tired, possibly inf?

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Also TMM since you wanted to know, I totally did vote for Circl for MOTM

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Dr. Hurt posted:

Also if I never have to read another whiny baby slapfight between TMM and Moritz I will die happy.

???wtf??? What argument are you talking about? The boon discussion?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

CLord what are your thoughts on the D2 PM's that I've reposted above?

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

???wtf??? What argument are you talking about? The boon discussion?

Basically every post you and TMM have had until this actually interesting thing happened. My eyes rolled so hard back into my head that they were trying to escape through my ears.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
but we barely even talked to each other.

you're weird.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

but we barely even talked to each other.

you're weird.

I owe Moritz an apology.

I read the thread right after waking up and substituted the Ninth Layer for him when I was reading along.

Moritz, you are not as much a moron as I thought you were.

That was how inane and boring the conversation was. Shame on you, The Ninth Layer, for making me think you were Moritz this whole time.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Infinitum posted:

CLord what are your thoughts on the D2 PM's that I've reposted above?

I agree they paint it that AS is likely scum because, as you say, he chooses to reply rather that come to the thread.

However, if he's scum, he knows whether or not they killed Jam. If scum did , I don't think he would have come back to you saying "nice work" letting you take credit there. Since he had already scum claimed to you, I don't see why he would have hesitated to call you out on it if he thought you had misled him. If AS is scum, Jam was the SK kill.

That means, to me, either AS isn't actually scum (unlikely), you're the SK (my thought), or you're just super duper unlucky that the SK also happened to pick Jam.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

I SHOULD GO AND GET FUCKED
God this just makes less and less sense every time I come back to the thread

##killinfi2017

I had no idea that posting non-mod communication was against the rules, so that's a mistake I can see anybody making. But directly PMing another player is just blatantly against the rules, no? Am I missing something obvious? Regardless, happy to see Inf get lynched here as I've explained already.

I would like to see the Inf flip before deciding on AS.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Kasumeat posted:

But directly PMing another player is just blatantly against the rules, no? Am I missing something obvious?

I explicitly said I was a mason in my gambit reveal post

Masons are allowed to communicate outside of the thread. Normally it's done via Googledocs, but we kicked it oldskool via PMs.

So it's pretty lovely you're voting me for that reason.

quote:

I would like to see the Inf flip before deciding on AS.

Fuckin :laffo: even if I am freelynched, I wouldn't get flipped until end of day anyway.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

As I said look at the killinf voters and their reasoning, and you'll start seeing some suspect behaviour.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Infinitum posted:

I'm Vanilla Town

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

I'm not voting you for that, I explained last night why I'm voting you.

Infinitum posted:

(When in fact I'm just a plain old Vanilla Town Mason)

TBF you also posted this. Though "Vanilla Town" is a very strange way to describe a Mason.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

Infinitum posted:

Fuckin :laffo: even if I am freelynched, I wouldn't get flipped until end of day anyway.

Wasn't aware of that.

##vote AS
L-1

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
don't loving rush it, jesus. I'm sure there's some people that haven't even post today.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Nah hammer.

EA E3 Conference is about to start.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
the fact that there are people that thinks that infi is sk, meaning that they, as a sk decided to out themselves in day 2 for a scum is loving nuts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I want to see what the second replacement (Ixt) has to say.

• Locked thread