Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SLUM KING
Nov 16, 2011

The best part was the post match promo where Gage lowered his head for a second and blood spurted everywhere and I think some of it landed on some guy outside the ring.

Second best part was picking broken glass out of my mustache.

Third best part was a fan showering Gage with confetti at the start of the match.

Just the dumbest spectacle. All that blood and glass was beautiful. I wish I had a fancy camera to capture all of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
From what I heard Zandig tried to murder an alt-right neo nazi??

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

MOTYC - BOSJ Final - Kushida vs Will Ospreay

Yeah the finish got me to MOTYC - Best match both had in a great tournament

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Personally I'd say HM for KUSHIDA vs Ospreay in the BOSJ Final, though I can see how the post-match celebration might have pushed it over the edge for some.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

RealFoxy posted:

From what I heard Zandig tried to murder an alt-right neo nazi??

He did the meathooks spot on the Nazi but the crew knew the Nazi had to cost Zandig the match so they let him down and the Nazi used the weedwacker on Zandig.

But the Nazi stayed up there basically the whole match so that was cool. I am down with Nazis being paid $50 to be hit in the head with light tubes and be hung from meathooks for 10 minutes. Hopefully next time there's lots of chairs to the head.

King Bahamut
Nov 12, 2003
internet internet lama sabacthani
hell, if that's the going rate I'll take two

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

MassRafTer posted:

MOTYC: Matt Tremont vs Nick "loving" Gage GCW Presents Zandig Tournament of Survival 2

If you like death matches you absolutely need to see this match. It's stunning in its stupidity and brilliance.

Yes. So good. Second. Have a clip featuring light tubes and the progressive ring crew setting up the next spot. Also me loudly OH-HO-HO-HO-HOing.

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/871183318749855744/pu/vid/1280x720/KdmuNAnLmAv9x7hc.mp4

HulkaMatt fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Jun 4, 2017

Takuan
May 6, 2007

SatoshiMiwa posted:

2nd. That may have been the best overall match I've seen from either of them.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

ill third it

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Fourth

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
WMOTYC - Bayley vs. Alexa Bliss - Kendo Stick on a Pole match.

What a squash, holy poo poo. The build to this match led to that? Wow, both of them deserve much better than that.

Armitage fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Jun 5, 2017

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Armitage posted:

2nd

alexa bliss was always bad

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Armitage posted:

What a squash, holy poo poo. The build to this match led to that? Wow, both of them deserve much better than that.

3rd. Just goddamn terrible, made Bayley look like a huge loser.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Armitage posted:

4th that was just some real bad booking.

This show may be worse than Backlash

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Armitage posted:

yeah

friendo55
Jun 28, 2008

no love for the main event?

HM - Fatal 5-Way - Roman Reigns vs Finn Balor vs Seth Rollins vs Samoa Joe vs Bray Wyatt

Match was split up into segments and the ending few minutes brought things up a notch further. Really fun and a pleasant surprise winner.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Nth

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Armitage posted:

They ignored the "whoever gets the stick first gets to use it legally for the match" stip, the build was based on "can Bayley get extreme to win her title back" and then the payoff was her being too meek to use a weapon and the match was a short, bad squash to top it all off. Nth.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Nevermind

Senerio fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Jul 3, 2017

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Senerio posted:

HM: Tyler Bate (played by Pete Dunne) vs. Pete Dunne (played by Tyler Bate), Attack! Pro Wrestling Press 5Tart June 2, 2017

Only an HM because of the non-finish but still an absolute joy. These two have wonderful chemistry.

2nd

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.

Senerio posted:

HM: Tyler Bate (played by Pete Dunne) vs. Pete Dunne (played by Tyler Bate), Attack! Pro Wrestling Press 5Tart June 2, 2017

Only an HM because of the non-finish but still an absolute joy. These two have wonderful chemistry.

Where can I find this match? I tried searching for it the other day and couldn't find it.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
https://vimeo.com/attackprowrestling/vod_pages
It's here. I bought it and watched it with Junpei.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

friendo55 posted:

no love for the main event?

HM - Fatal 5-Way - Roman Reigns vs Finn Balor vs Seth Rollins vs Samoa Joe vs Bray Wyatt

Match was split up into segments and the ending few minutes brought things up a notch further. Really fun and a pleasant surprise winner.

i was really sour on this show til the main event but yea it was great

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Honorable Mention - Zack Sabre Jr. vs Negro Navarro, Chairo 10 - MDA 2 (4/28/17, Arena Naucalpan)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDXmDP4aHpM

Negro Navarro is 59 years old. The match is entirely old style lucha mat work but ZSJ has the modern version of that skillset. The selling and facial expressions are tremendous, the pace is good, the crowd is into it. Might not be for everyone, but I loved it.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Boco_T posted:

Honorable Mention - Zack Sabre Jr. vs Negro Navarro, Chairo 10 - MDA 2 (4/28/17, Arena Naucalpan)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDXmDP4aHpM

Negro Navarro is 59 years old. The match is entirely old style lucha mat work but ZSJ has the modern version of that skillset. The selling and facial expressions are tremendous, the pace is good, the crowd is into it. Might not be for everyone, but I loved it.

Seconded, one of the few matches where the complicated pinning sequences make sense. Negro Navarro has a ton of great little touches in this match.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Third

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
4th - I first saw Navarro in that Masked Mania match at ECW Arena with Solar from 2014, dude reminds me of Eddie Guerrero so much with his mat work

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

HM: Roppongi Vice vs. The Young Bucks, NJPW Dominion 6.11 in Osaka-Jo Hall, 6/11

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Agreed just for that tag break spot from the Bucks

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

HM: Hiromu Takahashi (C) vs KUSHIDA for the IWGP Jr Heavyweight Championship - NJPW Dominion.

These two have great chemistry and seeing the lengths KUSHIDA was willing to go to in his attempts to beat this strange, strange man ruled.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

second

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Third

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Catching up on this as best as I can considering Dominion will probably bring a bunch of new nominees. Posts were kinda all over the place thanks to the heavy Best of the Super Juniors month and people struggling to keep caught up but I think I've managed to get every nomination in that met the requirements. Let me know if I missed anything.

Matches of the Year

01/04 | KUSHIDA vs. Hiromu Takahashi - NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 11
01/04 | Katsuyori Shibata vs. Hirooki Goto - NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 11
01/04 | Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Tetsuya Naito - NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 11
01/04 | Kazuchika Okada vs. Kenny Omega - NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 11
01/15 | Pete Dunne vs. Mark Andrews - WWE UK Championship Tournament Night 2
01/15 | Pete Dunne vs. Tyler Bate - WWE UK Championship Tournament Night 2
01/29 | Kevin Owens (C) vs. Roman Reigns for the WWE Universal Championship - WWE Royal Rumble
01/29 | AJ Styles vs. John Cena - WWE Royal Rumble
02/05 | Kazuchika Okada (C) vs. Minoru Suzuki for the IWGP Heavyweight Championship - NJPW The New Beginning in Sapporo
02/11 | Tetsuya Naito (C) vs. Michael Elgin for the IWGP Intercontinental Championship - NJPW New Beginning in Osaka
02/12 | WWE Championship Elimination Chamber match - John Cena (C) vs. AJ Styles vs. Dean Ambrose vs. Bray Wyatt vs. Baron Corbin vs. The Miz
03/10 | The Hardy's vs. The Young Bucks vs. Roppongi Vice - ROH 15th Anniversary
03/12 | Kenny Omega vs. Tomohiro Ishii - New Japan Cup 1st Round
04/01 | Authors of Pain (C) vs. The Revival vs. DIY for the NXT Tag Team Championship - NXT Takeover: Orlando
04/02 | Shane McMahon vs. AJ Styles - Wrestlemania 33.
04/02 | The Club (C) vs. Sheamus & Cesaro vs. Enzo & Cass vs. The Hardys for the WWE Tag Team Championship - Wrestlemania 33
04/02 | Bill Goldberg (C) vs. Brock Lesnar for the WWE Universal Championship - Wrestlemania 33
04/09 | Kazuchika Okada (C) vs Katsuyori Shibata for the IWGP Intercontinental Championship - Sakura Genesis
04/30 | Microman y el Gallito vs Mije y el Perico Zakarias - CMLL
05/03 | Kenny Omega vs. Tomohiro Ishii - NJPW Wrestling Dontaku
05/05 | Jimmy Kagetora vs. Takehiro Yamamura for the Open the Brave Gate Championship - Dragon Gate Dead or Alive
05/12 | Will Ospreay vs. Jay White - ROH War of the Worlds
05/17 | Will Ospreay vs. Marty Scurll - NJPW Best of the Super Juniors
05/17 | Taka Michinoku vs. Taichi - NJPW Best of the Super Juniors
05/18 | Will Ospreay vs. Ricochet - NJPW Best of the Super Juniors
05/20 | Tyler Bate (C) vs Pete Dunne - NXT Takeover Chicago
05/22 | The Usos (C) vs The Fashion Police for the Smackdown Tag Team Championship - WWE Backlash
06/03 | KUSHIDA vs Will Ospreay - NJPW Best of the Super Juniors
06/11 | Kazuchika Okada (C) vs Kenny Omega for the IWGP Heavyweight Championship - NJPW Dominion

Worst Matches of the Year

02/13 | Cesaro vs. Enzo Amore on Monday Night Raw
03/05 | Kevin Owens (C) vs. Goldberg for the WWE Universal Championship - WWE Fastlane
03/27 | Centella Roja e Hijo De Centella Roja vs. El Perverso Y Sombra Diabolika - CMLL Arena Puebla
04/02 | Bray Wyatt (C) vs. Randy Orton for the WWE Championship - Wrestlemania 33
04/02 | Undertaker vs Roman Reigns - Wrestlemania 33
04/30 | Bray Wyatt vs Randy Orton in a House of Horrors Match - WWE Payback
06/04 | Alexa Bliss (C) vs Bayley for the WWE Women's Championship in a Kendo Stick on a Pole match - WWE Extreme Rules

Honorable Mentions

01/28 | Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Bobby Roode - NXT Takeover San Antonio
01/29 | The Royal Rumble Match - WWE Royal Rumble
02/05 | Juice Robinson vs. Hirooki Goto, NJPW The New Beginning in Sapporo
02/11 | Hiromu Takahashi(c) vs. Dragon Lee for the IWGP Jr Heavyweight Championship
02/14 | Bray Wyatt (C) vs. AJ Styles vs. John Cena for the WWE Championship - Smackdown
02/22 | Pete Dunne vs. Mark Andrews - NXT
02/25 | Timothy Thatcher vs. Zack Sabre Jr - Evolve 79
03/05 | Neville vs. Jack Gallagher for the WWE Cruiserweight Championship - WWE Fastlane
03/06 | Katsuyori Shibata (C) vs. Zack Sabre Jr. for the RevPro British Heavyweight Championship - NJPW 45th Anniversary Show
03/06 | Kazuchika Okada vs. Tiger Mask W - NJPW 45th Anniversary Show
03/05 | Braun Strowman vs. Roman Reigns - WWE Fastlane
03/10 | Bobby Fish vs. Jay Lethal - ROH 15th Anniversary
03/10 | Marty Scurll vs. Lio Rush - ROH 15th Anniversary Show
03/21 | American Alpha (C) vs. The Usos for the Smackdown Tag Team Championship - Smackdown Live
03/21 | Neville vs. Mustafa Ali - 205 Live
03/30 | Ricochet vs. Keith Lee - EVOLVE
04/01 | SAnitY vs Tye Dillinger, Roderick Strong, Kassius Ohno & Ruby Riot - NXT Takeover Orlando
04/01 | Aleister Black vs. Andrade Almas - NXT Takeover Orlando
04/01 | Asuka (C) vs. Ember Moon for the NXT Women's Championship - NXT Takeover Orlando
04/01 | Bobby Roode (C) vs. Shinsuke Nakamura for the NXT Championship - NXT Takeover Orlando
04/28 | Zack Sabre Jr. vs Negro Navarro - Chairo 10, MDA 2, Arena Naucalpan
04/29 | Hiromu Takahashi (C) vs. Ricochet for the IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship - NJPW Wrestling Toyonokuni
04/29 | Tetsuya Naito (C) vs Juice Robinson for the IWGP Intercontinental Championship - NJPW Wrestling Toyonokuni
05/03 | KUSHIDA & Juice Robinson vs Tetsuya Naito & Hiromu Takahashi - NJPW Wrestling Dontaku
05/03 | Kazuchika Okada (C) vs. Bad Luck Fale for the IWGP Heavyweight Championship - NJPW Wrestling Dontaku
05/05 | CK-1 (Dragon Kid and CIMA) vs. Verserk (El Lindaman and T-Hawk) for the Open the Twin Gate Championship - Dragon Gate Dead or Alive
05/17 | Hiromu Takahashi vs Dragon Lee - Best of the Super Juniors
05/20 | Bobby Roode (C) vs Hideo Itami for the NXT Championship - NXT Takeover Chicago
05/20 | Authors of Pain (C) vs DIY for the NXT Tag Team Championship - NXT Takeover Chicago
05/22 | Kevin Owens (C) vs AJ Styles for the US Championship - WWE Backlash
05/29 | Rush vs Mr. Niebla - CMLL Arena Puebla
06/11 | Hiromu Takahashi (C) vs KUSHIDA for the IWGP Jr Heavyweight Championship - NJPW Dominion

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 12:40 on Jun 11, 2017

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

HM : Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Tetsuya Naito

Good match made better by the awesome heat

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

SatoshiMiwa posted:

HM : Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Tetsuya Naito

Good match made better by the awesome heat

Second. Real good match and the crowd was electric.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

MOTYC: Kazuchika Okada (C) vs Kenny Omega for the IWGP Heavyweight Championship - Dominion 6/11

Even if it wasn't the ending I wanted, what an incredible loving match and it did NOT feel like the match was as long as it was. I mean that in a good way. The best way.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Kazuchika Okada (C) vs Kenny Omega for the IWGP Heavyweight Championship - Dominion 6/11

Second.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Even if it wasn't the ending I wanted, what an incredible loving match and it did NOT feel like the match was as long as it was. I mean that in a good way. The best way.

God drat third

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

nth. best match I have ever seen, and that includes January 4th. Holy loving poo poo that was incredible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

fourth, until they have their rematch when that will be the new moty

• Locked thread