Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I mean I'd imagine that 99% of when I'd play it would be at home where I obviously have a router, so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also the game gives you a free auto 4 star at the start and the pool available there is - actually ill do a quick post about it

https://lpix.org/sslptest/index.php?id=147842

Here's a list of all the servants you can get from the free 4 star pool at the start and which ones are worth rerolling for. I say this in the guide itself but keep in mind you don't have to do this and that if you like one of the less good starter 4*s more than herc or whoever, just keep the one you like more. This game won't be hard for eight months.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Foxy Grandpa did not come home

But yeah, I mostly play FGO at home or anywhere w/ wifi, there's really no reason to use up data for it unless you really have to.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also f/go runs better on wifi than data for me

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
Fuggo really likes having as steady a data connection as possible, though it may be better with NA servers.

Endorph posted:

http://fate-go.cirnopedia.org/servant_all.php#nav

everyone up to 59 on this list. (though gilgamesh and kintoki are only available during specific events)

Also note that uh, there are some fairly heavy spoilers toward the top of this list. I wish it was arranged the other way around. I guess it's not too bad without context but it does spoil some stuff.

Anyway goddamn, two weeks. I'm actually hype. I almost certainly won't quit JP just yet but bring it on. I just hope the translation is serviceable.

Is anyone else already committed to making a Games thread, because Fuggo is a big enough deal to probably warrant it.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'll make the thread after E3 conferences are done.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

imagine if fate/grand order was at e3.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I think I'm gonna re-roll, not for power (you can pass the entire game with bronze after all), but because I'm a completionist and I want to see as many interludes and stuff as possible. I'll get all the 3-stars and under eventually, but 4 and 5 star servants are a lot rarer, so I'm gonna re-roll until I get at least a second 4-star with my two starting 10-rolls.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice
I'll reroll until I at least have a 4* from the free quarts. This time I'll also actually LEVEL them during Fuyuki instead of only figuring that out afterwards.

I think Martha did Ok for me, but from the 4* list I hope to get either Emiya or Elizabeth followed by Tamacat. Some people have sworn by FTP teams of Berserkers to get past most of the content until Camelot.

Archer enemies are I think, the most annoying, so a 4* Lancer would help. Assassin enemies are close in annoyance but they tend to be ST and thus can be taunted by Mashu.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Raenir Salazar posted:

I'll reroll until I at least have a 4* from the free quarts. This time I'll also actually LEVEL them during Fuyuki instead of only figuring that out afterwards.

I think Martha did Ok for me, but from the 4* list I hope to get either Emiya or Elizabeth followed by Tamacat. Some people have sworn by FTP teams of Berserkers to get past most of the content until Camelot.

Archer enemies are I think, the most annoying, so a 4* Lancer would help. Assassin enemies are close in annoyance but they tend to be ST and thus can be taunted by Mashu.

If you need a Lancer good ol' 3 star Cu will do for 90% of situations.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
I'd probably just roll for Herc or Martha myself. Getting those two at bond 10 is top priority for me.

Twib
Dec 24, 2013
Tammy Cat, Hercules, EMIYA, and maaaaaaaaybe D'eon are the big hits for the 4*s of note, I think. Martha is great late game thanks to her debuff/buff clears, but she makes wet noodles look like they hit like trucks. Sumanai is Sumanai, and Stheno is Stheno.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Endorph posted:

imagine if fate/grand order was at e3.

"Why does so-and-so have huge jugs"
"because"

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Compendium posted:

"because"

no shame in useless meat

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Compendium posted:

"because"
Why is [Insert Historical Figure Here] a girl now

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Twib posted:

Tammy Cat, Hercules, EMIYA, and maaaaaaaaybe D'eon are the big hits for the 4*s of note, I think. Martha is great late game thanks to her debuff/buff clears, but she makes wet noodles look like they hit like trucks. Sumanai is Sumanai, and Stheno is Stheno.

people sleep on carmilla but she's legit probably the second best of the starter 4*s. shame about her boring animations.
'liz is kinda eh but 40% attack for all female allies for 3 turns every 5 turns is legit.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Pureauthor posted:

Why is [Insert Historical Figure Here] a girl now

I like how there's all this justification in F/SN for why king arthur was a girl and it actually makes sense even if it's kinda dumb but then at some point (Extra? earlier than that?) they just decided genderswapped servants was a thing that happens and stopped caring about why

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

cheetah7071 posted:

I like how there's all this justification in F/SN for why king arthur was a girl and it actually makes sense even if it's kinda dumb but then at some point (Extra? earlier than that?) they just decided genderswapped servants was a thing that happens and stopped caring about why
im glad of it

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

cheetah7071 posted:

To a degree it's just to get enough female servants in because of how our mythologies tend to be dominated by male characters. Everything after F/SN has relaxed the requirements to be a servant a lot, including loopholes for gods but there's still some things even FGO avoids even though it'd be easier to get non-genderswapped female servants, like dumping an entire pantheon in.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Marie is also good, not as good later game, but she's a good tank.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Nasu should have stuck with female MC and male Saber

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Argas posted:

To a degree it's just to get enough female servants in because of how our mythologies tend to be dominated by male characters. Everything after F/SN has relaxed the requirements to be a servant a lot, including loopholes for gods but there's still some things even FGO avoids even though it'd be easier to get non-genderswapped female servants, like dumping an entire pantheon in.
to be fair i do think the genderswapping leads to some actually female historical/mythological figures getting ignored. like Mulan. Put Mulan in, Nasu.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Endorph posted:

to be fair i do think the genderswapping leads to some actually female historical/mythological figures getting ignored. like Mulan. Put Mulan in, Nasu.

Yeah, though it's hard to tell sometimes because servants from one mythology, or even the same myth, usually don't get put in the same time. It's not like they put in a cluster of Chinese servants and then left out Mulan. But definitely do need less genderswapped female servants.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Where is my Heracles as anything-other-than-Berserker dammit

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Pureauthor posted:

Where is my Heracles as anything-other-than-Berserker dammit

On Fate/Strange Fake: The Novel

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
I'd honestly be fine with anyone but Sumanai, because I got Sumanai back in those dark days when I first started playing Grand Order.

And, by law, I cannot hate Sumanai. 1) because I think he's underrated, and 2) he finished the Grand Order for me.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Do we get the starting 10-roll for sure? If yes, I'm at least rerolling till Medusa + Emiya or Heracles.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
You get a starting 10 roll for your free 4* then another one after the prologue is over and it's a regular rear end 10 roll that will set the stage for your many bad rolls to come or godlike luck

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
It would definitely be helpful to have a general, "things to know before you play" a la the beforeiplay wiki about F/GO in general.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
https://twitter.com/joujinakata123/status/873039076399521794

nakata jouji wishing ueda kana a happy birthday.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Sylphid posted:

I'd honestly be fine with anyone but Sumanai, because I got Sumanai back in those dark days when I first started playing Grand Order.

And, by law, I cannot hate Sumanai. 1) because I think he's underrated, and 2) he finished the Grand Order for me.

You forgot 3)*

*He kicked all our asses in the Nero event

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Captain Baal posted:

You get a starting 10 roll for your free 4* then another one after the prologue is over and it's a regular rear end 10 roll that will set the stage for your many bad rolls to come or godlike luck

Wait, after the Prologue? Not during?

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
The tutorial gacha roll is rigged so you get one of a few specific 4*s. Herc, Emiya, Camilla, Tamamo Cat to name a few. They want you to have a smooth start when you're new to the game. The NA release will also being giving out free 30 quartz for the start so you'll be rolling for a 5* immediately after the tutorial.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Is that for everyone or do you need to do that dumb facebook thing for it?

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Is that for everyone or do you need to do that dumb facebook thing for it?

As far as anyone knows, the dumb facebook thing has no direct connection to anything in-game; it was just to drum up publicity before release. You just have to sign up within the first few days after the game comes out.

Thuryl fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Jun 11, 2017

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
I'm not going to sift through 50 pages of FGO chat, so just tell me, what's the latest news on the Heaven's Feel movies?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

AlternateNu posted:

I'm not going to sift through 50 pages of FGO chat, so just tell me, what's the latest news on the Heaven's Feel movies?

October.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

AlternateNu posted:

October 14, 2017.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

will it be good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
If there's a separate thread for it, it won't be