Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flynt
Dec 30, 2006
Triggerhappy and gunshy

twistedbutterfly posted:

I am rooting for Trinity, but honestly any of these queens could win and I would be fine with it. They are all amazing.

Same. This is the first time I've liked everyone in the top 4. Trinity is my favorite but I wouldn't be upset if anyone else won. I think this is the most talented top 4 of any season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.

Nihonniboku posted:

I guess that's true. It was really apparent this season. Some of them came, and just being on the show they've already won.

I read somewhere that last year Adore Delano earned an estimated $3 to 4 million. I know not everybody is going to get Adore Delano money, but even if they're queens who are barely scraping by on tips from drunk bachelorette parties, to suddenly making $60,000 a year, they're set.

I wouldn't be surprised. Someone on reddit talked to Chi Chi Devayne and Chi Chi mentioned that after appearing on the show she was making 6 figures. I can see Adore making even more than that given how intense her fanbase gets.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

the escape goat posted:

at the end of the episode all I could think was OH, Y'ALL WANTED A TWIST?!

that goddamn purple lighting did everyone dirty. Especially Sasha and Trinity; Sasha's pink outfit was totally blown out and Trinity's hair was... uh...
look it wasn't great.

Fingers crossed that they continue doing the AS2 thing with a (mostly) original song and personalized choreography; the music videos have been stale for ages.

Agree with all this down the board. Hope the lighting is better in future seasons because it did no one any favors. I've watched Fashion Photo Ruview and been surprised by the colors on the outfits.

And the song thing that they've done in AS2 and this season is waaay more interesting tv than just "ok we're shooting a music video". The pre-reunion episodes are usually so boring that half the time I skip them, but I really enjoy when they actually have a challenge to do. This one was so good, too, there wasn't a Roxxxy moment at all.

I went into the judges critiques thinking 'god this is so difficult, how are they going to pick one to leave they should just let them all be potential winners' and WELL poo poo :woop: I'm really rooting for Peppermint, though.

But I will say, with Shea going last in the performance, it really felt like all the girls were her opening act. She was really good. Also I liked the bats.

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

Today is a good day to save.

Magikarpal Tunnel posted:

But I will say, with Shea going last in the performance, it really felt like all the girls were her opening act. She was really good. Also I liked the bats.

Shea's bit reminded me a lot of Detox's from AS2, in that if either one of them was going to make a hip-hop album I would be very interested in it.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
I need to add something... PENIS!!

Trinity is awesome

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

As soon as Michelle started spelling oval office, I knew nobody would go home. gently caress, I wonder how many crownings they had to film tonight, with a top 4. I'm sure they filmed a Sashea double win.

C.U.N.Trinity. Crown the Tuck!

e: ^^^ yass Canada fish. Untucked was great. Dat stomp off.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

good final four. shea's final runway look was one of her worst - very tubey boobs - but drat her verse was great. dunno who i want to win, probs trinity cuz she entertains me the most but any of em deserve it.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

alf_pogs posted:

good final four. shea's final runway look was one of her worst - very tubey boobs - but drat her verse was great. dunno who i want to win, probs trinity cuz she entertains me the most but any of em deserve it.

I came here just to ask one question, what the hell is going on with Shea's boobs?

and also #TeamTrinity

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

Today is a good day to save.

blizzardvizard posted:

I came here just to ask one question, what the hell is going on with Shea's boobs?

Yeah, what the hell. I'm glad Ru was in such a forgiving mood because that was one serious oversight.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

I also could not stop looking at whatever the gently caress was going on behind Shea's corset. Totally distracted from the outfit.

I'm still hoping Sasha takes it. Love her avant-garde looks. :kimchi:

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Yeah, Shea shouldn't have worn that bra/padding under her corset, super distracting.

So just a heads up for everyone: I went sniffing around in the finale taping reddit thread for some harmless t and anecdotes, and this year there are some huge things out there to spoil. With it being a top 4 they changed the format entirely. Still multiple crownings filmed for the winner, but how they get to that is something that can be spoiled hard.

Tread lightly on the internet this week, girls, because if this t gets confirmed by enough people who were at the taping it'll be all over the internet between now and airing.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I'm so mad they edited this out...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0sjNmA-LKc

lol

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Yeah if that reddit thread is to be believed we pretty much know the winner

Elucidarius
Oct 14, 2006

This episode was hands down the best of the season.

So many good talking head quotes.

Trinity saying "I'm going to have to pull some Show Girls poo poo and throw some pearls so she busts her face" and Peppermint's "...so I may have to resort to OTHER means... I don't know what that means." had me laughing SO hard.

If I were picking top 3 based only on this episode it would be Peppermint, Sasha and Shea. Overall I would say Shea, Sasha, Trinity. Eitherway, I love it!

Miss Nomer
May 7, 2007
Saving the world in a thong

:allears:
Get it kween

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

angerbeet posted:

Yeah if that reddit thread is to be believed we pretty much know the winner

I'm not sure how I feel about what this format change will mean for the show going forward, assuming they do the same next year. I have a lot of ~thoughts~ about the whole thing, but I'd rather wait two weeks for it to air than fill this thread with spoiler boxes.

They're filming a classic closed set reunion today, I think, rather than us getting a recap episode next Friday. If the T about the finale filming is true (and it seems to be confirmed by now) I can imagine filming an episode meant to air before it will be weird for some of the girls.

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

No top 4 elimination?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mAJIge48Qo

All kidding aside, great episode. Peppermint KILLED the challenge, Shea was basically Beyonce (but with slightly hosed up tiddies), Sasha did a LOT better than I was worried she would, and I loved her spoken word piece, and with the exception of her "rap", Trinity triniturnt it out (that runway look was E V E R Y T H I N G), so I'm okay with basically anyone winning at this point. As long as it's Sasha. :colbert:

Untucked was better than usual, too, since it wasn't the Why It's Your Fault I Didn't Win Show with Alexis, or The Nina Bonina Brown Pity Party.

Also…"Kim Chee's not sucking your dick unless it comes with a side of fries." :vince: I love Shea.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
I’m pulling for Sasha but Peppermint would be good too.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
I still don't feel like anyone in the top 4 has the star power of many of the winners in previous seasons, but they're all still really good and I'd be happy with any of them winning.

The wife and I died at "that bitch knew what Squatty Potty was" and Michelle's "hell yeah Squatty Potty ain't no joke!"

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

Trig Discipline posted:

I still don't feel like anyone in the top 4 has the star power of many of the winners in previous seasons, but they're all still really good and I'd be happy with any of them winning.

The wife and I died at "that bitch knew what Squatty Potty was" and Michelle's "hell yeah Squatty Potty ain't no joke!"

I think Peppermint has that "x factor" you're talking about. While I admit it's lacking in both Shea and Sasha, I feel that either one could be a very low-key winner, ala Sharon or Raja (neither of whom I felt had that quality either, despite loving them both).

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Yeah Peppermint has it a bit and so does Sasha imo but you put either of them next to Alaska, Detox, Jinkx, Bob, Sharon, Bianca, etc. and I just don't feel like either of them are quite at that level.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Trig Discipline posted:

Yeah Peppermint has it a bit and so does Sasha imo but you put either of them next to Alaska, Detox, Jinkx, Bob, Sharon, Bianca, etc. and I just don't feel like either of them are quite at that level.

You didn't mention Violet and she won so...

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Pinwiz11 posted:

you forgot tyra, heh

(that's understandable)

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

last week on Facebook a friend asked me why I wanted Alexis to go next, and I said this:

I almost nailed exactly what they said during the critiques except they switched the N and T (I still think mine is more accurate)

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Pinwiz11 posted:

She's etc.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

The Berzerker posted:

last week on Facebook a friend asked me why I wanted Alexis to go next, and I said this:

I almost nailed exactly what they said during the critiques except they switched the N and T (I still think mine is more accurate)

Trinity is definitely Nerve, and Shea Talent imo. Trinity did grow a lot as a performer, but they kept talking about her as if she did badly and improved as the show went on. She won the second challenge of the year (third if you count the non-elim premiere Nina won), and her wins were spread out evenly through the season, and is very close to Shea in terms of overall score in the season.

She stepped outside her box big time, and brought it in nearly every single challenge week, and imo every runway but her hometown one. To be a pageant girl and wait for the last competitive episode to do that sort of look. That takes a whole lotta nerve.

Shea on the other hand is well rounded af and knows she is, and she certainly has nerve. Above all I would say she has the most raw talent of the four, and in so many aspects of drag.

Pep and Sasha's letters both fit perfectly, though. Pep has charisma for days and Sasha, while not always my jam, is the most unique of the bunch. I think she brought it every week, though she never wowed me. She certainly grew on me over time, but of the four she's my least favourite. I'd be happy with any of them winning, but I'm rooting hard for The Tuck.

re: Violet, I definitely think she has the 'it' factor all the other winners (but Tyra, really. Talented af but America's Sweetheart she is not) have. Gag worthy as her reveal was in the fashion show challenge, I was never really sold on her until the end, when she did her burlesque number at the reunion. Violet is incredible as a fashion queen, and imo incredibly good at the type of performances she does. She's the only winner who does that type of act, and that's important. A lot of the time she's just slotted away as a fashion queen, but I think she's much more.

That season full of acting challenges did nobody on 7 any favours, really. Besides Ginger and Katya, and even then Ginger is debatable for many people. Katya got by on the producers loving her and basically turning her into the narrator of the season as long as she was on. Otherwise 7 was kind of a mess for all involved.

esperterra fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Jun 11, 2017

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

The Berzerker posted:

As they went down the lineup, I thought to myself "So are they gonna switch the callout order, or what? Because Shea and Trinity are in the wrong order", so you are not alone on this.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

michelle has never let being wrong get in the way of giving feedback

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Trig Discipline posted:

It's both funny and embarrassing listening to their ads on What's The Tee. Podcast ads are lame and played out as all hell in general but Ru and Michelle pretending to get hype about Loot Crate is barely tolerable.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I don't know, there was something surreal and wonderful about Ru shilling Loot Crate the other week.

But let's take a moment to talk about Squarespace...

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

Yodzilla posted:

It's both funny and embarrassing listening to their ads on What's The Tee. Podcast ads are lame and played out as all hell in general but Ru and Michelle pretending to get hype about Loot Crate is barely tolerable.

I used to watch a streamer who did it right. He just embraced the utter whorishness of it, and would do things like spam his promo code and Loot Crate URL at post-game ragers, or fake-awkwardly shove loot crates into his videos. It was done a lot like Ru's "AVAILABLE ON ITUNES" thing.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

The only true Great Podcast Ads are the McElroys brothers' Extreme Restraints ads on MBMBaM

Easy Salmon Recipe posted:

As they went down the lineup, I thought to myself "So are they gonna switch the callout order, or what? Because Shea and Trinity are in the wrong order", so you are not alone on this.
Yeah same here.

I have been waffling about who I want to win, but I think it's Shea. I'd honestly be happy with any of them, though.

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

Stroop There It Is posted:

I have been waffling about who I want to win, but I think it's Shea. I'd honestly be happy with any of them, though.

It's really hard! I'm sticking with Sasha because she has a really awesome aesthetic, I love her intellectual humor, and because I don't wanna be some Jenny-Come-Lately and be like "SHEA I WAS TOTALLY SHEA FROM EPISODE !", and because I would let Sasha do things to me that would make people in the hotel across the street feel filthy and debased, but seriously…Peppermint is a lip sync assassin who may be the most genuinely likable person in Drag Race herstory, Shea turns out a look every single week like a goddamn marvel (plus she managed to not throttle Nina, which deserves SOME kind of award), and Trinity has said "I deserve to win" so many times that I actually kinda believe it now.

It's been said to the point of cliche at this point, but there's really not a bad option in the bunch.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Stroop There It Is posted:

The only true Great Podcast Ads are the McElroys brothers' Extreme Restraints ads on MBMBaM

Also the Gamefly ads on Coolgames Inc where they go through their terrible rental history.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Bombcast's ads were great before Vinny left to form GB East. They might still be funny, but I started listening to the premium version after the office split into two.

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef
There's an episode of Harmontown that features a rambling 30-minute MeUndies ad during which, among other things, Dan Harmon asks Alia Shawkat if she's ever aimed for a peeing man and Jeff Davis suggests MeUndies is made from babies.

do u believe in marigolds
Sep 13, 2007
I love during the stage performance Sasha slide out on the floor while Peppermint started her part. Then she crawls on the stage from the side. Like, I don't ever remember seeing a queen do an exit or entrance with that weird creepiness to it. And then listening to her CLAT portion, she definitely has a perspective and voice I like.

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

:h: be good and try hard! :h:

She looked like Truth Coming Out Of Her Well To Shame Mankind and I loved it

I want to echo the sentiment in the thread that Trinity is nervier and Shea more talented, but all 4 of them possess the qualities in big ol' heaps so who cares? They're wonderful!

They're top notch entertainers and I am entertained! RuPaul often describes a star as a "shiny thing that people want and want to look at" and my goodness! The top 4 are stars! :swoon:

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Holy poo poo don't post spoilers on Facebook for gently caress's sake :argh:

All that suspense ruined :( Can't believe they're going to crown Nicole Paige Brooks retroactively for every season

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

seriously spoilers are everywhere now. World of Wonder are threatening to go scorched earth apparently

• Locked thread