Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I guess we're operating under the assumption that the XBOXOX will be a hilarious failure like its predecessor?

edit: but then, I'm looking at it from a Japan perspective, was it more successful in other places?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It sold 'okay' in the US and the rich parts of Europe but that's it and nowhere near the 360. Or PS4.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

metro exodus looks loving rad and I'm super excited for that game

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Manatee Cannon posted:

metro exodus looks loving rad and I'm super excited for that game

Me too, it's the one thing they said I care about tbh.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
So with the Xbone X being $499. There may not be a price cut on the Pro. But still be vigilant until the Sony presser tomorrow because i could be very well wrong.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Is the xbox not going to launch with some weird expensive gimmick (or obvious feature missing) this time? If so, maybe they learned something after all.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Persona 5 was pretty good but holy poo poo I do not have time for games this long anymore.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Why is someone being paid to read tweets on youtube?

Oh, wrong thread. Haven't done that in a while.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Wtf were they thinking making Prey so goddamn hard. I don't feel like this game properly doles out what you need to kill poo poo at all and it's really frustrating.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

In all fairness Sony isn't any better at the whole "Exclusive but not really exclusive" thing. At all.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Yeah but that's never been a main Sony selling point

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

How do you figure? It's been a big part of their E3's for several years now. The one major difference is they also have some first party games.

But then it's counterbalanced by "this poo poo isn't coming out for years now".

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Wait, so was Microsoft's end goal for the abreviation for the X Box One X to be XBOX?

Because that's real dumn.

I hope xbonx catches on.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

PS4 has actual PS4-exclusive games though. That's the only reason I bought one.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Ya I guess y'all are right I'm stuck in the early days

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The best reason to own a PS4 is to have a place for all the indie games you don't want taking up room in your Steam library.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Xbox is just early access for ps4 now. They dont make games they just pay to make sure i have time to play sonys games while I wait for their deceptive exclusivity deals to run out

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

TFRazorsaw posted:

In all fairness Sony isn't any better at the whole "Exclusive but not really exclusive" thing. At all.

Lol dude stop commenting on ps. You see it so warped

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Sony writes ps4 exclusive on every game they truly have. Xbox is innovating deceptive labels more than games

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Sony's going to show Spiderman and I'm going to poop.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

Sony writes ps4 exclusive on every game they truly have. Xbox is innovating deceptive labels more than games

they do the same thing with timed exclusives. they've always labeled timed exclusives and console exclusives as such. it's not any different

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Manatee Cannon posted:

they do the same thing with timed exclusives. they've always labeled timed exclusives and console exclusives as such. it's not any different

No sony press conference has had a voice say "exclusive" over the text "console launch exclusive" they are way more fothright

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

veni veni veni posted:

Wtf were they thinking making Prey so goddamn hard. I don't feel like this game properly doles out what you need to kill poo poo at all and it's really frustrating.

If you can't kill it, don't. Prey's about knowing what risks are worth taking. Eventually everything is beatable, but don't let your first instinct be "kill" when you see an enemy. It rewards patience and deliberate thinking, which sometimes means avoiding contact.

Even if you can kill something, it's not always worth the resources. Especially since you have to keep in mind being caught off guard, and the resources that'll inevitably expend.

I actually think this vulnerable phase of the game is too short.

Rinkles fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Jun 12, 2017

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

It doesn't matter in the end what language they use. Major titles are dependent on front loaded sales. They're both about getting the attention first, and thus the bulk of the sales.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Snak posted:

Wait, so was Microsoft's end goal for the abreviation for the X Box One X to be XBOX?

Because that's real dumn.

I hope xbonx catches on.

Midjack posted:

Charlie xBOx

Edit: poo poo, that's what they're doing with the initials. A recursive acronym.

Looks like it. They would have been better served to just call it the xBox at this point, it's been long enough that there wouldn't be much confusion.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Ha ha ha ha what the gently caress

This is why Sony wasn't mentioned at all in the talk about crossplay for Minecraft

I'm sorry but this is powerfully short sighted and crossplay basically costs Sony nothing

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

TFRazorsaw posted:

Ha ha ha ha what the gently caress

This is why Sony wasn't mentioned at all in the talk about crossplay for Minecraft

I'm sorry but this is powerfully short sighted and crossplay basically costs Sony nothing

It costs them ps4 sales if the one xbox kid wants to play with his ps4 friends.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

there are a lot of people who very badly want an excuse to jump back into the loving arms of mother nelson

xboxox

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

The crossplay makes you sign into an Xbox account if it works like it used to so I guess I can understand, but just fuckin do it Sony.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Real hurthling! posted:

It costs them ps4 sales if the one xbox kid wants to play with his ps4 friends.

they're the market leader, that sounds like a very meager concern

Like even Nintendo is signing up here, and they're famously insular.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i actually thew away my ps4 when i found out i couldnt play console minecraft cross play with all my friends on the microsoft xbox one x

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Nintendo has exclusive minecraft content with mario and pals. The relationship is longstanding at this point.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

rabidsquid posted:

i actually thew away my ps4 when i found out i couldnt play console minecraft cross play with all my friends on the microsoft xbox one x

don't over-dramatize this. This isn't console destroying by any metric but it's still a lovely decision. You can criticize something without condemning them altogether.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ms showed no new games - very successful

Sony doesnt have crossplay in ms' own 3rd party game - a troubling sign for the company

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Minecraft is one of the biggest games in the world and they're refusing parity on something that costs them very little for very stupid reasons

They're the leader in the home console market and there are probably quite a few people on their platform who'd like to be able to play with their friends

Also, whatever your opinions of Microsoft are, this is a wholly separate issue and trying to push it onto talk about the conference as a whole is nothing more than deflection

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Edit: found time and i read your post finally. See below

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Jun 12, 2017

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

but really, how many people want to play minecraft with their frans, but also their friend owns a nintendo switch or xboxox only, and also neither friend has a computer that can run minecraft, or for some reason they prefer not having persistent servers or mods

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Never underestimate minecraft anything

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Minecraft is for 12 year olds who don't care about any of that poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Good points disagree about all tho. Brought up conference as it is the topic being discussed.

I dont think sony will lose anything over minecraft

The game you buy on every system is not the game you buy a system for.

Apologies for harsh tone. I am feeling myself after ms tried to sell me a porsche