Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
Sometimes I make a trip for only a few items, but then I grab a few other things, and next thing you know I'm dropping $130. I grabbed some shorts when I went last week, but they're too big. At least now I have an excuse to go back!

We haven't tried the cookies yet, but the muffins are good. I just want to drop five more pounds before I stop my cut. Then I can start eating all of the extravagant foods I see but skip when I scan the barcode in MyFitnessPal and I go :eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

binge crotching posted:

The cottage pie is 90% potatoes, and the beef chili on the jacket potato has so much sugar that it tastes sweet. The pizza is the best one of the lot.

what the gently caress are you people doing out there on that little island?

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

what the gently caress are you people doing out there on that little island?

The Costco near Edinburgh had Dalwhinnie whiskey cheaper than the distillery. Almost makes up for the crappy food court.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Get the giant cookies and eat one when you want to fall into a bottomless food coma, that's my tip

Heffer
May 1, 2003

They do better in the oven but perfectly acceptable in the microwave, though the "seam" does tend to steam open that way. Solid addition to an office lunch although they do stink up the place with the smell of spicy beef.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

next time i'm at costco im going to get the chicken bake and cram a costco dog down the middle.

FCKGW fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Jun 8, 2017

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

At Costco now, getting new tires installed. Hot dog was grand. What fantastic products should I check out??

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
Get the Kirkland Steak Strips thick cut jerky ($9.99 for a 12oz bag). I bought a bag the last time I was there after recommendations in this thread. They are delicious. I just need to figure out how many bags to pick up on my next trip. I'm thinking at least four.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Slider posted:

At Costco now, getting new tires installed. Hot dog was grand. What fantastic products should I check out??

Salmon burgs.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Slider posted:

Get something that they intentionally place right at the entrance that corresponds to whatever season or holiday is coming up.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

13Pandora13 posted:

Salmon burgs.

http://i.imgur.com/spiuQHf.mp4

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

binge crotching posted:

The cottage pie is 90% potatoes, and the beef chili on the jacket potato has so much sugar that it tastes sweet. The pizza is the best one of the lot.
Sugar in chili? wtf

SamBishop
Jan 10, 2003

Xaris posted:

all bay area costcos are kind of a shitshow

I'm about 10 pages behind, but I had to respond to this because it's so incredibly true that it drives me insane. There is literally no Bay Area Costco that isn't packed to the gills at all times and it loving stucks. I lock the 'stco as much as you do guys do, but braving it is, at least, a multi-hour trip there and back. On the plus side, there's one like five minutes from the PlayStation offices, so getting a dog or (as I usually end up buckling and ordering) a chicken bake is always a lunch option because of their open air, offset food court setup. That too always has lines, but hey, cheap rear end superdawg or chicken-chocked bake options are always available.

I just wish the version you could get in the freezer was even close to the kind you could get at Heaven's Promised Land, The Great 'Dog+ (and Refill) Magic Shoppe. gently caress me, that loving dog never disappoints. My diet says no unnecessary refined carbs, but I can literally taste and feel that steamed, pillowy carrier for that beefy, spiced tube of happiness.

PBUC to you all, friends.

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
JON GETS STABBED TO DEATH
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON

Hello valuetown.

100 bucks at costco max per trip. Gas and 1.50 dog and drink plus refill excluded from total of course.

RocktheCaulk posted:

You're missing Ketchup
Needs ketchup

You're gross dude, stop.

maniacripper fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Jun 11, 2017

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

SamBishop posted:

I'm about 10 pages behind, but I had to respond to this because it's so incredibly true that it drives me insane. There is literally no Bay Area Costco that isn't packed to the gills at all times and it loving stucks.
just curious, which one do you go to?

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

maniacripper posted:

Hello valuetown.

100 bucks at costco max per trip. Gas and 1.50 dog and drink plus refill excluded from total of course.

You're missing Ketchup

maniacripper posted:

Hello valuetown.

Needs ketchup

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

RocktheCaulk posted:

You're missing Ketchup

Needs ketchup

What the gently caress

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i approve that Costco gives you the option to put ketchup on your dog

its a great way to determine who amongst you at the foodcourt is scum

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Judging people based on a condiment, lol

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Obsurveyor posted:

Judging people based on a condiment, lol

Yep. Although the best choice a hot mustard (like a Colman's, not some chipotle crap) is not offered by Costco so whatever. I also reserve the right to judge people who put ranch on pizza.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Jun 11, 2017

Heffer
May 1, 2003

Your guys Costco had both yellow and deli mustard right?

Scornful Sexbot
Sep 24, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Heffer posted:

Confirmed in NJ. Though I am not a yellow mustard fan tbh

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
Had me a chicken bake and a drink (with FREE REFILL) yesterday, then picked up some new socks and a new pair of swim trunks. Felt good man

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
Seems pretty not-Costco to judge a man by the sauce he puts on his dog. I knew a guy who claimed 'ketchup is childish' and yet had anime wall scrolls all over his room.
Be careful about where you place your judgement friends, Costco doesn't judge and neither should you.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Heffer posted:

I've only ever seen lovely yellow mustard, if I found a Costco with brown mustard I could die happy

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Heffer posted:

Yep.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

KakerMix posted:

Seems pretty not-Costco to judge a man by the sauce he puts on his dog. I knew a guy who claimed 'ketchup is childish' and yet had anime wall scrolls all over his room.
Be careful about where you place your judgement friends, Costco doesn't judge and neither should you.

I must agree this time.

We are all equal through the grace of Costco.

PBUC

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Ate Costco bread, butter, cheese, eggs and chicken for breakfast. Drank Costco coffee as well.

PBUC to you and yours this Sunday

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

RocktheCaulk posted:

You're missing Ketchup

Needs ketchup

No.

No.

Joburg
May 19, 2013

Fun Shoe
2 pack of bear spray for only $40!!

naem
May 29, 2011

Joburg posted:

delicious!!

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Today I bought avocado oil, dog food, and a really nice BBQ to replace the old hand-me-down that I had to dump because the heat reflector literally rusted away.

I love my new BBQ, thanks Costco.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

All of the Costcos I've ever been to have had BOTH yellow mustard, and spicy deli mustard. I'd be pissed if I had to put plain yellow mustard on my dog.

Heffer
May 1, 2003

Joburg posted:

Is it real or imitation bear flavor?

natsea
May 31, 2005
Are there any good books about Costco or the founders? Just finishing up reading the everything store and am itching for another book.

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

Peachfart posted:

Today I bought avocado oil, dog food, and a really nice BBQ to replace the old hand-me-down that I had to dump because the heat reflector literally rusted away.

I love my new BBQ, thanks Costco.

40lbs of dog for for $25 is a steal. My savages were eating $60 worth of 30lb bags of Blue Buffalo every 3 weeks. $25 a month is worth the entire membership. Good quality too

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

I see the cleverly hidden ketchup in there, you loving rear end in a top hat.

BTW unrelated, but back in the day Costco would open an hour early and provide free Costco muffins and coffee for Business card people. It was the best.

Imagine how rad it was to eat free muffins while shopping for food with 20 other people in the entire store.

Unfortunately, a casualty of the past.

Taima fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Jun 12, 2017

Joburg
May 19, 2013

Fun Shoe

Heffer posted:

Is it real or imitation bear flavor?

Genuine pepper flavor, accept no substitutes!

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Taima posted:

BTW unrelated, but back in the day Costco would open an hour early and provide free Costco muffins and coffee for Business card people. It was the best.

Imagine how rad it was to eat free muffins while shopping for food with 20 other people in the entire store.

Unfortunately, a casualty of the past.

yeah I miss the free coffee and danishes at the door. I always enjoy a good free coffee while shopping. ikea does it and it's great. its not like its a big expense or anything, they already sell giant bags of coffee for cheap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Ketchup on dogs is good, because there is no combination of Costco condiments on a Costco dog which will make it bad.

Quit being dorks you dorks!