Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
okay that would actually rule. with knowledge from the original comic version, it becomes extremely hilarious and actually kinda fitting

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Jun 10, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Fellis posted:

Oh poo poo I just realized Reigen Arakata is actually Blast, the #1 S-rank hero!!!

"Saitama-kun I understand your numbness. Once my mother sent me to school sports day with no lunch :saddowns:"

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Shinjobi posted:

It's funnier how every time PPP shows up we all wind up dancing around in a circle saying the exact same poo poo we said the last time he appeared. I'm not arguing that the character has some very questionable qualities, and that the depiction is far from perfect. But I am arguing that this is not the last time people have raised a stink about PPP, it will not be the last, and nothing of value will ever come about from debating the issue for the umpteenth time.

But whatever, I'll just stop following the thread. Don't let me pee in y'alls cheerios.

This thread hasn't had original content in at least 100 pages.

All threads with long running material will begin to cycle there is no way to avoid that.

Your problem is the thing that is cycling is something you don't want to discuss. Just say that.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Moltrey posted:

lowkey pretty sure that in the ONE Cinematic Universe, having powerful psychic abilities just makes you short. Ex: Tatsumaki, Mob

Fubuki's 5'6''. Four inches above average!

And of course, Reigen Arataka, psychic star of the 21st century, is 5'10.

Correlation isn't causation.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Okay, I love Fubuki, but I did say POWERFUL psychic abilities and Fubuki is....well.....

Reigen tho, you got me there

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

The stronger psychic sibling gets the short genes while the weaker gets the tall genes. Reigen has no siblings so this formula doesn't affect him.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Teru's hair got the tall genes

Azathoth256
Mar 30, 2010

Moltrey posted:

okay that would actually rule. with knowledge from the original comic version, it becomes extremely hilarious and actually kinda fitting

Yeah, that would legit be amazing.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Expecting a new chapter. Getting people complaining about people complaining about virtue signalling that may not exist.

Deja Vu going into overdrive.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

You know, for all the flak that Pri Pri Prisoner gets with the whole prison rape thing, we do forget that all of the people he captured were taken to the 'Smelly Lid' prison, aka the Worst of the Worst in humanity. I wouldn't be surprised if at least half those convicts were thrown in there for that very crime!

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Hey you guys wanted a new argument , well there ya go.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Parrotine posted:

You know, for all the flak that Pri Pri Prisoner gets with the whole prison rape thing, we do forget that all of the people he captured were taken to the 'Smelly Lid' prison, aka the Worst of the Worst in humanity. I wouldn't be surprised if at least half those convicts were thrown in there for that very crime!

I too think our government and heroes should be as bad as our worst criminals.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

CharlestheHammer posted:

Hey you guys wanted a new argument , well there ya go.

It's like seeing the meteor when it's about a kilometer away, and knowing that all you can do is watch and wait until it hits.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Too obvious.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Moltrey posted:

Okay, I love Fubuki, but I did say POWERFUL psychic abilities and Fubuki is....well.....

Fubuki is extremely powerful and I wish she were in this manga more

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Fubuki's ok I guess.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Rape is… good? I mean - uhm - Fubuki is… good?

We should stop mixing our cyclical topics. :eng99:

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Moltrey posted:

Fubuki's not a match for her sister or ??? Mob, but I'd think "powerful" applies. She's able to hold her own against demon class threats until backup arrives, and she might even have what it takes to make S rank, assuming she wasn't content being a big fish in a small pond and/or there wasn't Mask blocking A-1.

She's certainly a cut above most of Claw, or the other psychics in the blizzard group. It's just that she's going to get compared to the Tornado of Terror, and it's (to a lesser extent) like judging Genos's strength by comparing him to Saitama. She ain't going to match up, but that doesn't mark her as weak. It just means she's being compared to a pretty high standard.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Fellis posted:

Oh poo poo I just realized Reigen Arakata is actually Blast, the #1 S-rank hero!!!

yess

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

chiasaur11 posted:

Fubuki's not a match for her sister or ??? Mob, but I'd think "powerful" applies. She's able to hold her own against demon class threats until backup arrives, and she might even have what it takes to make S rank, assuming she wasn't content being a big fish in a small pond and/or there wasn't Mask blocking A-1.

She's certainly a cut above most of Claw, or the other psychics in the blizzard group. It's just that she's going to get compared to the Tornado of Terror, and it's (to a lesser extent) like judging Genos's strength by comparing him to Saitama. She ain't going to match up, but that doesn't mark her as weak. It just means she's being compared to a pretty high standard.
I'm just saying it's all relative. Teru in Mob Psycho is a pretty strong psychic, able to defeat some members of Claw and can just crater Ritsu even when he's powered by Dimple by just a handshake But like Fubuki against Tatsumaki, he is nothing against true Mob. Therefore Teru is taller than Mob

Mordecai
May 18, 2003

Known throughout the world! Chop people's head off to the ground! Angry eyes that frighten people! Dragon among humans, king of dragons... Manchurian Derp Deity, Ha Che'er.
It's too bad there's no fantastic martial artist who's already offered to teach Saitama AND knows a lot about the Hero Hunter.

He'd benefit from studying how to move around in a way that looks cool, but it looks like he wants to go back to his roots of eschewing popularity, protecting people in the fastest and most boring (to onlookers) way possible.

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
that martial arts tournament took like a year and was a whole lot of nothin'

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Mr. Unlucky posted:

that martial arts tournament took like a year and was a whole lot of nothin'

It's actually really well written and not pointless at all. The release schedule just made it feel that way.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

And More posted:

It's actually really well written and not pointless at all. The release schedule just made it feel that way.

Yeah. It's provided some good characterization of some of the existing characters and showed us that there are people out like Suiryu powerful enough to fight these monsters, but don't have what it takes to be heroes. It makes characters like Mumen Rider, Lightning Max, and Sneck all the more impressive for doing what they do because it shows there's a (more profitable) use of their abilities, but they still choose to be heroes.

Unless you think that the only important thing to a story is the plot, I can't see how you could call this arc pointless. But yeah, the release schedule was painful.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
So how far behind is one punch man behind the original?

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

RC Cola posted:

So how far behind is one punch man behind the original?

It's maybe halfway in.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

dis astranagant posted:

It's maybe halfway in.

Any chance you can link me to the one after the most recent one punch man comic? I don't want to spoil myself too much

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

RC Cola posted:

Any chance you can link me to the one after the most recent one punch man comic? I don't want to spoil myself too much

I think we're about at chapter 45. Here's a link, but you'd need an account: http://bato.to/reader#01368eacbb2b142c

I'm not sure if this is exactly the right spot, just because so much is original to Murata's version.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

EmmyOk posted:

I really liked that King side chapter where he kept accidentally intimidating crooks while actually begging for his life.

I literally just ran through the manga after watching the show on Netflix last month and the entire King story is one of my favorite things. I honestly expected this series to lose it's novelty after a few issues but I'm still coming back for more and love it.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

Moltrey posted:

nothing of value comes from debating the origin of saitama's power and yall do that every three weeks. unlike that though, this actually had a resolution.

well it did until people got mad and starting posting about posting

I just do this because I think its an amusing fan theory that he gets his powers from chomping monsters and I would like to build that theory.

If I didn't keep bringing it up I wouldn't be able to add Pig God to the theory since someone was kind enough to point that out. Discussion works!

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Donkringel posted:

I just do this because I think its an amusing fan theory that he gets his powers from chomping monsters and I would like to build that theory.

If I didn't keep bringing it up I wouldn't be able to add Pig God to the theory since someone was kind enough to point that out. Discussion works!

How the hell do you even formulate that theory without factoring in Pig God :psyduck:

AfricanBootyShine
Jan 9, 2006

Snake wins.

Next update on the 21st:
https://twitter.com/NEBU_KURO/status/874136563495518208

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Donkringel posted:

What theory are we talking about?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

RC Cola posted:

Pig God rat's monsters which is why he's the only S-Class hero who could go a round with Blast 'Gol' D. Roger in the old days.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

My theory is that pig god is actually blast, he just really let himself go.

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

Guy A. Person posted:

How the hell do you even formulate that theory without factoring in Pig God :psyduck:

I first came up with it after watching the anime and reading the released American books, which hasn't introduced pig God's abilities yet. I approached it again when Saitama ate another monster and brought it up, and someone had pointed out Pig God.

RC Cola posted:

My theory is that Saitama became so strong because he has been eating some of the monsters he killed over the years. In part because he is frugal/poor, and also because some of the monsters seem genuinely tasty, like the top half of crablante. The monster cell s actually gave me more fuel for my theory in the latest arc.

I like the theory because 1) it's funny to me and 2) it's stupid as hell. I don't think we will ever find the true source of Saitama's power, but if we do I am betting it really is a dumb explanation underscoring some greater plot point going on (similar to how the original 100 reps was introduced).

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen
Saitama is strong because of his inhumanly difficult training regimen. If there's another explanation it ruins the joke.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

The joke is also that it isn't at all inhumanly difficult.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Wait, it's a joke? :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Wait, it's a joke? :confused:

No. Nothing in One Punch Man is a joke. It's a completely serious work of literature.